• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Weapon Get" - Mega Man Movelisting and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Did anyone try and see what happens when Rush lands on an opponent? Does it work like Sonic's Spring? I imagine it would, but I'm just curious.

Other than that, it's cool to hear you can move with the Leaf Shield. If there's one thing we needed from the other Shield weapons, it's that.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
If you're looking for new ownership, I'd definitely take it. I'm a huge Mega Man fan.

So, did anybody see his throws? Are they different weapons?

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
If you're looking for new ownership, I'd definitely take it. I'm a huge Mega Man fan.

So, did anybody see his throws? Are they different weapons?
You want it APC, 100%? It's a lot of work after all.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
APC99, bro, you might wanna add that his FS does 41% damage, as can be seen in the boxing ring-match.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm going to be updating the OP later tomorrow since I don't have stuff going on. I'm rewatching several videos to find info on the Blue Bomber.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Alright, I did a minor update based off of the demo from Smash-Fest. It's incomplete, but I'm still looking for info.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I kind of wish there was a little more footage of the Leaf Shield. It seems like a decent enough move. But you don't see many people using it in a fight. I want to know how effective it really is.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Just to say, there appears to be some utilization of Megaman 1-9 in the moveset.
1: Megabuster, Guts Arm
2: Metal Blade, Air Shooter, Crash Bomb, Leaf Shield
3: Rush Coil, Hard Knuckle, Spark Shot, Top Spin (and Slide)
4: Charged Megabuster
5: Charge Kick (very debatable as it doesn't have the same visual effects, but it is the only possible move from the game in his known kit and it would explain the damaging aspect from a MM-canon fashion). Edit: Beat (existed first in 5, but wasn't a recovery until later)
6: Flame Burst, Edit: Plant Barrier
7: Slash Claw
8: Flame Sword
9: Black Hole Bomb (the "triggering" section of his Final Smash).

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wonder if Megaman's Slide Kick is able to go under Samus's Charge Beam. Or better yet, another Megaman's Charge Shot. I thought it would be a little to large for him to duck under.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok todays update is megamans custom moves are different robot master attacks (NOTE: not like palutena nor miis)

Basicly robot master attacks that work like the orginal specials but differently.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Hmm, I wonder what other robot master weapons will appear as custom special moves. Looking at the difference between Rush Coil and Beat as recovery weapons, there could be a small chance of weapons of different properties to the original special. Here's my ideas:

Neutral B:
  • Cut Man (Rolling Cutter): Thrown in a arc, similar to a boomerang, that stretches far before it returns to Mega Man.
  • Magnet Man (Magnet Missile): Shoots straight, but will immediately dart upwards/downwards towards an opponent as it passes them, similar to MM3.
Side B:
  • Hornet Man (Hornet Chaser): Shoots a robotic hornet, that moves slowly, moving towards a designated target that is closest to the hornet (excluding Mega Man, of course.)
  • Pharaoh Man (Pharaoh Wave): A chargeable special. When fully charged, Mega Man will fire a widely vertical shot that pushes its opponents away when in contact. The shots will move more slowly if not fully charged.
Up B:
  • Already confirmed Beat as one special.
  • Tengu Man (Tornado Hold): Places a powerful jet instantly under Mega Man's feet to propel him upwards. Can be used in the air as the jet will float in place. or...
  • Rush Jet: Mega Man can utilise an in-built jet pack based on Rush Jet in MM. Sacrifices less vertical recovery in favor of longer horizontal recovery, similar to DK's Up special.
Down B:
  • Flower shield already confirmed.
  • Jewel Man (Jewel Satellite) / Skull Man (Skull Barrier): Acts similar to the leaf shield, except the jewel's/skull's properties help deflect any projectiles that make contact. or...
  • Frost Man (Ice Wave): Sends out a small wave of permafrost, freezing over its path that causes icicles to rise from the ground. Only travels across ground, but can climb up walls as it continues to freeze, until it reaches the end of the platform or stage.
It's pretty fun imagining possibilities like this. :p

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hmm, I wonder what other robot master weapons will appear as custom special moves. Looking at the difference between Rush Coil and Beat as recovery weapons, there could be a small chance of weapons of different properties to the original special. Here's my ideas:

Neutral B:
  • Cut Man (Rolling Cutter): Thrown in a arc, similar to a boomerang, that stretches far before it returns to Mega Man.
  • Magnet Man (Magnet Missile): Shoots straight, but will immediately dart upwards/downwards towards an opponent as it passes them, similar to MM3.
Side B:
  • Hornet Man (Hornet Chaser): Shoots a robotic hornet, that moves slowly, moving towards a designated target that is closest to the hornet (excluding Mega Man, of course.)
  • Pharaoh Man (Pharaoh Wave): A chargeable special. When fully charged, Mega Man will fire a widely vertical shot that pushes its opponents away when in contact. The shots will move more slowly if not fully charged.
Up B:
  • Already confirmed Beat as one special.
  • Tengu Man (Tornado Hold): Places a powerful jet instantly under Mega Man's feet to propel him upwards. Can be used in the air as the jet will float in place. or...
  • Rush Jet: Mega Man can utilise an in-built jet pack based on Rush Jet in MM. Sacrifices less vertical recovery in favor of longer horizontal recovery, similar to DK's Up special.
Down B:
  • Flower shield already confirmed.
  • Jewel Man (Jewel Satellite) / Skull Man (Skull Barrier): Acts similar to the leaf shield, except the jewel's/skull's properties help deflect any projectiles that make contact. or...
  • Frost Man (Ice Wave): Sends out a small wave of permafrost, freezing over its path that causes icicles to rise from the ground. Only travels across ground, but can climb up walls as it continues to freeze, until it reaches the end of the platform or stage.
It's pretty fun imagining possibilities like this. :p
You relize if megaman had any of those it would make him the third palutena and mii moveset choices.

For down the third would either be star/jewel/skull mans move

For side it would have to be a alternate explosive attack

For up something that brings him up or attack during going up

And for normal....well actually those possibilities are fine, though i would add Ring man (ring boomerrang)

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
You relize if megaman had any of those it would make him the third palutena and mii moveset choices.

For down the third would either be star/jewel/skull mans move

For side it would have to be a alternate explosive attack

For up something that brings him up or attack during going up

And for normal....well actually those possibilities are fine, though i would add Ring man (ring boomerrang)
I'm aware, but you never know. Sakurai likes to surprise people. A character like Mega Man has a variety of choices.

Besides, what other custom attacks are there that act similar to the default specials? (Besides the Down special)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I don't remember Sakurai saying that Mii and Palutena would be the only characters with "unique options."

I also checked the part of the Smash site where they talk about Custom Movesets. He didn't say they'd be the only ones.

Honestly, Mega Man makes the most sense to be the third for this.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't remember Sakurai saying that Mii and Palutena would be the only characters with "unique options."

I also checked the part of the Smash site where they talk about Custom Movesets. He didn't say they'd be the only ones.

Honestly, Mega Man makes the most sense to be the third for this.
I agree. One of the most interesting things about the Megaman games are the sheer amount of weapons. I have a feeling that all of his Down-B moves will be Shield variants. Which doesn't bother me too much, as I like those weapons in the games.

I can see his Side-B being very unique in each variant though, it doesn't have to be explosive weapons. Maybe he can use the Break Dash. A bit obscure, but it looks cool.

Kirby could also make for a character that changes moves completely, since he's also known for his crapton of power-ups.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I think it was pretty much said by Sakurai that Palutena and the Miis are the only ones with all completely different custom specials, though that doesn't technically mean that some others, like Mega Man, won't have an original custom special here and there, like Beat. This might actually apply to a lot of characters depending on how Sakurai handles things like alternate versions of Counters. Kirby in particular has been shown to have Ice Breath for an alternate neutral special, and while that's different from his normal Copy, he's still using the same animation.

Anyways, in regards to Mega Man, I would assume that all of his other moves are going to be similar variations of what he's already got. Like down special shield, side special bomb, and neutral special blade throw. Who knows about the last up special.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm fine with that.
If the custom specials are variants, but they still are faithful recreations of other robot master weapons, then I'm cool. It'd be stupid to have say, a bigger metal blade for example. I'm looking forward to Shadow Blade however. :D

Please PLEASE let him have a Magnet Missile for custom Side+B!

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Hey guys! I'm loving this thread!

I thought of another Up B, Rush Coil from Mega Man 5. That's the one where the spring is below Rush and springs Rush upward while Mega Man stands on top of him. If Mega Man mostly gets altered versions of already established moves, then this might make sense. But, maybe it would be broken? I mean, you'd be allowed to stand on it and perform most anything during it like standing on solid ground. Hmm...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I want to see people using the Leaf Shield. I'm really interested in how useful it can actually be. But in most gameplay videos, not many people take advantage of Megaman's specials, except maybe the Crash Bomb.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I want to see people using the Leaf Shield. I'm really interested in how useful it can actually be. But in most gameplay videos, not many people take advantage of Megaman's specials, except maybe the Crash Bomb.
Metal Blades and the Leaf Shield need more love. :(

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
From what I've seen, Metal Blade is too sucky, because people rarely use it, and when they do, it's one of the slowest projectiles I've ever seen in the history of Smash Bros ever.

A projectile that slow and small can't possibly be too deadly. -_- Unless it's Snake's missile.

But I have seen a little Leaf Shield use act like a small combo racker, probably everyone already suspected that anyway. As long as it blocks projectiles and racks up a little damage, I'll have my use for it. :D

NashRiskin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nashriskin
3DS FC
3497-1265-2606
From what I've seen, Metal Blade is too sucky, because people rarely use it, and when they do, it's one of the slowest projectiles I've ever seen in the history of Smash Bros ever.

A projectile that slow and small can't possibly be too deadly. -_- Unless it's Snake's missile.

But I have seen a little Leaf Shield use act like a small combo racker, probably everyone already suspected that anyway. As long as it blocks projectiles and racks up a little damage, I'll have my use for it. :D
Quick preview from my breakdown, I actually found the Metal blade to be extremely useful, assuming you through it into the ground and pick it up for item use. Z dropping it is a great way to add some mind games and using it for edgeguard/stage control is helpful too.

I actually found the leaf shield to be pretty average, barely blocking attacks and taking a good bit of time to start up. Of all his B moves Metal blade seemed to have the most utility.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Quick preview from my breakdown, I actually found the Metal blade to be extremely useful, assuming you through it into the ground and pick it up for item use. Z dropping it is a great way to add some mind games and using it for edgeguard/stage control is helpful too.

I actually found the leaf shield to be pretty average, barely blocking attacks and taking a good bit of time to start up. Of all his B moves Metal blade seemed to have the most utility.
That's great! Well, not so much for Leaf Shield, but I'm glad Metal Blade is better than it looks!
Still, I've seen very few people connect with it, so... how much damage does it induce? How's the knockback?

NashRiskin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nashriskin
3DS FC
3497-1265-2606
That's great! Well, not so much for Leaf Shield, but I'm glad Metal Blade is better than it looks!
Still, I've seen very few people connect with it, so... how much damage does it induce? How's the knockback?
It's not a knockback move, but does okay damage (not sure on exact percent) but its just a good thing to include in your spam.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
It's not a knockback move, but does okay damage (not sure on exact percent) but its just a good thing to include in your spam.
Not bad, not bad... Crash Bomber is the special move I'm most interested in, honestly. :p

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
A slow projectile not being useful? Have you seen Peach's Turnips? They are pivotal for Peach's game in both Melee and Brawl

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
Mega Man is so hype, but I wonder...how does he fare against reflectors?
Which of the following moves can be reflected?
- Mega Buster
- Metal Blade
- Crash Bomber
- Leaf Shield (if thrown)
- Hard Knuckle
- Air Shooter
- Charge Shot

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
People didn't use leaf shield because it had large start up and only did hitstun when thrown. When it was around his body your only choice was to throw it. When around the body touching another player created no hitstun it would actually be in the opponents favor to be near Megaman when the shield is up. Its not a good move, at least as far as the E3 build goes.
Megaman already has a custom move that isn't an edit so idk why he can't have more. The Up B custom they showed was Beat and it will most likely be similar to Villager's where you fly up and are allowed to move left and right like in the games.

I think its far too early for a breakdown. Everything in the E3 build is outdated we have no idea how his moves have changed.
Also crash bomber does travel a short distance, it poofs if it doesn't come in contact with anything. Unless someone said otherwise from the JP demo recently.

Something else you should probably note is that when megaman puts out his arm to shoot a buster shot it creates a hitbox that pushes away from megaman, more hitstun and knockback than the shots do.

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
A friend on Twitter informed me that Mega Man will hold on to the Metal Blade instead of tossing it if you hold down sideb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom