• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Weapon Get" - Mega Man Movelisting and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smaugfan

Smash Cadet
You can jump out over the edge, then deploy the Leaf Shield.

About moving with it - you actually can.
Lol :p. Never been one for naming things after me though. If it works, the Homing Knuckle would be great.

As for leaf shield, momentum will still go with it, and I imagine you can jump even with it summoned, but we still really don't know how it's fired and if you can move in the Horizontal axis (or even the Vertical if you use the stick to jump). Also about that gimp, I don't think it'd work well on disjoints (such as swordies) as, while it'd likely trade with them, they could probably hit you out of the way and recover fine, since the knockback for the shield form of Leaf Shield looks pretty vertical. If anything in that situation, you just let Link recover :p
Leafshield attack as a possible gimp sounds cool, but that would be something similar to what some Zelda players have done with Din Fire. Those people who played against such tactics came to start evading that. The difference here is that Din Fire can release and have a hit box from the release, whereas Leaf Shield will not do such.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
The Mega Buster seems to have hitstun, and as you repeatedly shoot they stop flinching.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I was thinking the same thing. Looks really cheap.
I hope resets are out of the series.
If that's the case, then no matter how cheap, it has to be used. I'm coming into this Smash with a "no mercy" mentality and will use every game breaking piece of fruity ***gotry there is to come out on top. Playing to win is going to be strong in me, this time around.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It's a reset, it's far from cheap.
At least it's not a lockdown like Brawl's

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Ill rewatch the footage where this part was, but at least from the gif it looks like it might have to do with Toon Link being there in some way.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
It's a reset, it's far from cheap.
At least it's not a lockdown like Brawl's
Slow yr horses, sis. We don't know for sure yet.

As for resets in Brawl. The reset itself isn't bothering. It's how some characters have legit setups for the resets that's cheap, imo.
MK is one.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

What the gif does not show is how the series of events start.

Mega Man jumps and fires once, missing. The second shot, Fox jumps into and is hit by. Immediately right after he is hit by Toon Link's Ftilt, and then the final shot (which is now his Ftilt btw) hits Fox as he lumps to the ground as you see in the gif. In otherwords, the Ftilt from Tink caused him to enter that state while the Pellets caused his direction to float down behind Tink. What was most interesting actually is Tink's Ftilt didn't seem to knock back Fox at all, Fox just gets hit by it but continues sliding back from the Mega Buster.

Reset debunked.

Neo Zero

here is a video analysis of new characters that was uploaded today by GameXtreme. The Megaman portion of the video starts around 4:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3svE-wzBg4k
It left out Fthrow, but as they said they focused on the Direct. They also made mention of the Up B issue of DK brought up earlier, but I still believe that's just how the attack works now. Alternatively thinking about it, it could be a Smash Run online battle, with some sort of armor power up which I hadn't considered before.

Anyway, all stuff known and brought up in the past (well, I never mentioned the Dtilt tidbit but it's more like I just never bothered to mention it) but still nice to see none the less.

Neo Zero

Minor nitpick with the guide, but there's a space for a 100%+ plus attack in the guide. It has been confirmed to be removed, check Sakurai's comment below the pic. https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYngiZ2EwA
Thanks and aware, but I've stated in the past I'm not going to really overhaul the guide until such time where a ton of new info can be picked from a newer build (i.e. a demo or the full game release).

Neo Zero

So btw guys, who here knows 100% for sure they'll be going to the Nintendo Experience? I live in Canada which did have Nintendo Experiences in my city infact, so even though the wording has been awful, I imagine our CDN Best Buys will have some again (can't believe it still isn't announced), so hopefully ill be going with my friend Dabuz (the Brawl Oli main) to have some fun with it.

More importantly though, to test things, get the various damage values, and find out what his back and down throws do. Of couse, regardless if I can go or not, I could use help in getting all this info, so if you're sure you can go, let me know so we can work together to unlock another portion of Variable Weapon arsenal.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
So btw guys, who here knows 100% for sure they'll be going to the Nintendo Experience? I live in Canada which did have Nintendo Experiences in my city infact, so even though the wording has been awful, I imagine our CDN Best Buys will have some again (can't believe it still isn't announced), so hopefully ill be going with my friend Dabuz (the Brawl Oli main) to have some fun with it.

More importantly though, to test things, get the various damage values, and find out what his back and down throws do. Of couse, regardless if I can go or not, I could use help in getting all this info, so if you're sure you can go, let me know so we can work together to unlock another portion of Variable Weapon arsenal.
I'll definitely be going but I'll be Pit, I might get to get some info from watching others play though.

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
First off just want to say thanks for the great thread! A lot of good information and speculation compiled here.

I live in Australia myself and live about 5 minutes away from a Nintendo Experience. We got the Mario Kart 8 demo the day after its direct so I'm really hopeful that we might get Smash as well after E3. If we end up with the game I'll definitely try and help out with numbers and attack properties.

Neo Zero

First off just want to say thanks for the great thread! A lot of good information and speculation compiled here.

I live in Australia myself and live about 5 minutes away from a Nintendo Experience. We got the Mario Kart 8 demo the day after its direct so I'm really hopeful that we might get Smash as well after E3. If we end up with the game I'll definitely try and help out with numbers and attack properties.
Yo thats awesome....though I do have to honestly say. I'm shocked there's Nintendo Experiences in Australia, let alone you got to play Mk8 early. Sorry if that's kind of Derp, but I always hear how awful the rating system and release dates tend to be, so it surprised me lol.

Zachary the Master

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1177-7152-1947
I'm excited for Megaman for two reasons. 1. He'll be a unique character because almost all of his moves are projectiles. 2. I LIKE MEGAMAN, DONT JUDGE ME. His move are all different, special, and unique.
megaman-225x225.jpg

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Is Mega Man able to walk backwards and use his Mega Buster? It just occurred to me.
I don't think he's ever done that in the Classic Megaman series. Megaman will either just face to the right or the left when shooting. Though in Mighty No. 9, Beck can use some kind of retreating shots. But hasn't been done in Megaman yet. Maybe it could be in a 3-D Megaman game.

Last edited:

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
Is it fair to assume shoryuken has invincibility? I think he's flashing when using it. Sorry if this is old news.

Neo Zero

Is it fair to assume shoryuken has invincibility? I think he's flashing when using it. Sorry if this is old news.
It's a fair assumption, as he does flash. Ultimately though, couldn't tell you 100% right now.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Given that the animation for the Mega Upper is kind of long, I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case. I mean, that seems pretty useful if you ask me.

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
Given that the animation for the Mega Upper is kind of long, I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case. I mean, that seems pretty useful if you ask me.
Indeed. I just think this move makes him way more solid than some may think, especially if you go high enough to reach a platform.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eytYTqjHAqc

Not a very good video, but it shows his Final Smash in action. Looks like he uses the Black Hole Bomb (MM9) to suck opponents into another screen where the Mega Men appear (very similar to Blue Falcon).

Dudemaster47

Smash Cadet
So what do you guys think Mega Man's custom moves will be? Do you think his existing weaponry will be simply modified, or will he be able to use different but similar boss weapons?

Like...

^B: Rush Coil - Rush Jet - Tornado Blow/Hold

B: Metal Blade - Shadow Blade/Rolling Cutter/Ring Boomerang - Knight Crush

>B: Crash Bomb - Drill Bomb - Napalm Bomb

VB: Leaf Shield - Junk Shield - Jewel Satellite

Idk, stuff like that, where the weapon is changed but it otherwise functions similarly. Like Rush Jet is more horizontal recovery than vertical, the tornadoes have good vertical and horizontal recovery but send him into a free fall. Or the Shadow Blade acts as a boomerang with a short range, while Knight Crush has a lot more power than either of the blades but doesn't go very far.

Yadda yadda, I'm sure you guys all know how these weapons work so I won't go into it but...who knows?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
So what do you guys think Mega Man's custom moves will be? Do you think his existing weaponry will be simply modified, or will he be able to use different but similar boss weapons?

Like...

^B: Rush Coil - Rush Jet - Tornado Blow/Hold

B: Metal Blade - Shadow Blade/Rolling Cutter/Ring Boomerang - Knight Crush

>B: Crash Bomb - Drill Bomb - Napalm Bomb

VB: Leaf Shield - Junk Shield - Jewel Satellite

Idk, stuff like that, where the weapon is changed but it otherwise functions similarly. Like Rush Jet is more horizontal recovery than vertical, the tornadoes have good vertical and horizontal recovery but send him into a free fall. Or the Shadow Blade acts as a boomerang with a short range, while Knight Crush has a lot more power than either of the blades but doesn't go very far.

Yadda yadda, I'm sure you guys all know how these weapons work so I won't go into it but...who knows?
Normal characters don't appear to get significant changes.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I've also seen that move being DI'ed out. I guess it goes both ways: very powerful but very frail

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Been playing the BB demo, and thought I'd mention his Sspecial blows up on contact with Smash Run enemies.

...Also, don't use it next to Smash Run enemies.

Edit: Oh yeah, and bouncing on Rush a second time sends you higher.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Some nice 1v1 footage.

Down throw is a great combo starter and forward air can chain even at high percentages.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom