• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Weapon Get" - Mega Man Movelisting and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Coolest Dthrow would be if he threw his foe on the grpund, then summoned 4 Skull Shield Skulls, lined them up, and had them crashing down one after the other.

btw, Nice work on the OP.
However, Metal Blade has low/med knockback.
It's shown in the MM Vs Mario match when it kills Mario.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It'd be cool if Dtrhow sends opponents flying in a Search Snake-esque animation.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
It'd be cool if Dtrhow sends opponents flying in a Search Snake-esque animation.
All of my wat

I wouldn't really call that medium knockback. He was at like 100 or so and it didnt even exactly kill, the Mario just didn't recover really. Medium to me is fairly powerful knockback around the 100s and that sure wasn't it. Also while I doubt any weapon will see use in his throws, I could see Dthrow utilizing one of my favorite underated weapons, the Danger Wrap.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Not Med - low/med.
It's friggin' Metal Blades, Bro!

Might be my love for Megaman that makes me overestimate them blades, though ;)

Neo Zero

Haha, fair enough :p. To be fair though, the move chains into itself on the same blade at low percents.

Reviewing that clip, it got me thinking though. Mega Man has potentially a very very scary ledge guard game. Up B lets him go up highish so he can go relatively low and still make it back. Crash Bomb if it sticks controls your opponent, likely allowing a follow up such as Dair. Even if they air dodge the bomb explosion (which some characters may very well not have the luxury to do and still recover, Dair has such stupid range you could probably fire it out in the same area and punish the air dodge. Metal Blade does one thing that I believe no other projectile in Smash history can do, fire 45 degrees up. If they're recovering high you can basically maintain constant pressure and make life harder then if you didn't fire anything. Even if they catch it you still essentially limit what they can do for a brief period of time. Leaf Shield is a full screen projectile that looks hard to simply air dodge and would stuff basically any projectile counter attack back. Finally you have the Energy Pellet which, while having low low knockback, can be used to stop horizontal movement and stuff jumps.

....God that sounds broke lol, I love it. Hope this holds up when it comes out xD.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Crash Bomb if it sticks controls your opponent, likely allowing a follow up such as Dair. Even if they air dodge the bomb explosion
Sounds like an upgraded version of Samus' "Homer > Dair", which is great.

I love this.
Coming up with strategies and shenanigans long before the game is released.
Let's call it the "Yuri Spike", or "Yuri Knuckle".

I was actually thinking of a possibly very good gimp earlier today;
The opponent recovers low, you jump down with Leaf Shield, hitting them - knocking them back, then you instantly fire the Leafs at him.
If that combos, it should gimp the hell out of ppl.
The "Z1Gimp". :upsidedown:

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
If you can move with the leaves in the first place that is.

If someone recovers low, maybe you can double jump up, shoot a metal blade straight down, then pursuit with Dair or fair/bair depending on how they react, then up B back up.

Also, I wonder if you can Dair people through the floor on a stage like Delfino Plaza. I know I've spiked people with R.O.B in that situation, maybe MM can too.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
You can't. Unless you are talking about the item form.

I'm fairly sure the consensus is that the metal blade is shot by hitting neutral B then one of the 8-directions you want the blade to shoot. So, if that's the case, then you would be able to shoot downward mid-air.

'course, I'd probably be using the hard knuckle down-air instead anyway.

Neo Zero

Sounds like an upgraded version of Samus' "Homer > Dair", which is great.

I love this.
Coming up with strategies and shenanigans long before the game is released.
Let's call it the "Yuri Spike", or "Yuri Knuckle".

I was actually thinking of a possibly very good gimp earlier today;
The opponent recovers low, you jump down with Leaf Shield, hitting them - knocking them back, then you instantly fire the Leafs at him.
If that combos, it should gimp the hell out of ppl.
The "Z1Gimp". :upsidedown:
Lol :p. Never been one for naming things after me though. If it works, the Homing Knuckle would be great.

As for leaf shield, momentum will still go with it, and I imagine you can jump even with it summoned, but we still really don't know how it's fired and if you can move in the Horizontal axis (or even the Vertical if you use the stick to jump). Also about that gimp, I don't think it'd work well on disjoints (such as swordies) as, while it'd likely trade with them, they could probably hit you out of the way and recover fine, since the knockback for the shield form of Leaf Shield looks pretty vertical. If anything in that situation, you just let Link recover :p

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
How do you guys think Megaman's Projectile Game will work against other Trigger Happy opponents, such as Pit, Olimar, ROB, Link, Samus, etc...?
I really hope MM's projectiles doesn't get shut down completely by Olimar's little trolls, like Samus' were in Brawl.

Also, I'm so looking forward to controlling ppl with Crash Bomber.
Force approaching/shielding/dodging, etc...

Neo Zero

What do you think about this screen ?

It could be his Ftilt.
He doesnt have a Ftilt imo. If you're in the other camp, his Ftilt is a walking version of his jab. At any rate, that's his Fsmash. Sometimes it feels like I didn't spent 5 hours on the large detailed opening post.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
I think Z1G meant it's the uncharged F-smash.

Luigi player

Smash Master
why would he say that you can charge ftilt lol

Megamans Fsmash could be really something. I'm sure many characters in Brawl would wish to have it to be able to counter some things from MK.

He could also be great in doubles. He could help his teammate so much with his little shots, but he could also suck if he has trouble keeping opponents away/being bad in close combat.

Neo Zero

Flamesword and Slashclaw seem to be his gtfo me moves. Flamesword for sure looks like it'd be a move people would have to respect

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
- I have a feeling...

- Fsmash will be easy to land in ppl's Landing Lag.

- Usmash will have great knockback. Mostly due to the fact that both Usmash & Dsmash recuires MM to "vent them out" (punishable cooldown) afterwards.
And since Dsmash appears to deal great damage, I assume Usmash's strenght lies in its knockback.

- Megaman will be able to fire pellets during his up+b, when he's rising.
Even though they didn't demonstrate it.

Neo Zero

On the note of the last one, I kind of doubt it. Mega Man enters a unique animation until the apex of his jump. We also have two different up bs we've seen, one that enters free fall and one that doesn't. He might not be able to shoot on the way down.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Have you guys given thought to the fact that in order to be able to run AND shoot concurrently like shown in the gameplay video his Pellets would have to be his dash attack and not his ftilt. (Pellets would be his Jab, Dash Attack and Neutral Air)

Being an F-Tilt does not allow him to run and shoot only to walk and shoot.

His F-Tilt is probably the Whirldwind Spin shown on the videos. That would also explain how Sakurai was able to completely change momentum at one point by performing the Spin move, the move, possibly being an F-Tilt, can change Megaman's facing and thus changes his direction and momentum.

Just a thought.

Neo Zero

Run and shoot sounds better than walk at a mild pace and shoot, thus the name. As for your theory, its incorrect. His dash animation moves much faster than the slow brisk pace of Ftilt. Spin move is only done from his run, which btw, its called Top Spin.

Luigi player

Smash Master
hmm considering his other tilts being very "moving-based", it could seem possible... but Megamans running animation looks different than his walking (he has his arms backwards), so while shooting it's definitely his walking.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Run and shoot sounds better than walk at a mild pace and shoot, thus the name. As for your theory, its incorrect. His dash animation moves much faster than the slow brisk pace of Ftilt. Spin move is only done from his run, which btw, its called Top Spin.
My bad, I might have to check the videos again to notice if it was his running or his walking animation. Haven't seen rhe videos in a while.

I didn't remember the name of the move, hahahahaha. All I could remember is that I took forever to figure out that that ability was the key to defeating that one boss who was impossible to beat and kept jumping at me (basicaly like all bosses, omly this dude died from 2 top spins, I vaguely remember him being a ninja but I might be wrong)

Neo Zero

Thatd be Shadow Man my good sir, who coincidentally I feel is one of the hardest robot masters buster only period

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
On the note of the last one, I kind of doubt it. Mega Man enters a unique animation until the apex of his jump. We also have two different up bs we've seen, one that enters free fall and one that doesn't. He might not be able to shoot on the way down.
Well, we simply have to wait and see how it turns out in the end.

I really hope MM can shoot while up+b'ing.

Neo Zero

Well, we simply have to wait and see how it turns out in the end.

I really hope MM can shoot while up+b'ing.
Given its (quite frankly) identical properties of Sonic's Up B, it is very well possible.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Life cant always be diamonds and jewels, sometimes you gotta get back to your roots.
Leaf. Roots. HA!
But seriously, I see your point. I just feel like it should be a weapon switch like in Megaman's own games. That way he gets more use from his Neutral Special. Not that there's anything WRONG with the Metal Blades, but the way I see it, the Neutral Special should always be the most iconic move of the person. But I don't think of JUST the Metal Blades when I think of Megaman. I think of Weapon Switching and strategically using them.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Leaf. Roots. HA!
But seriously, I see your point. I just feel like it should be a weapon switch like in Megaman's own games. That way he gets more use from his Neutral Special. Not that there's anything WRONG with the Metal Blades, but the way I see it, the Neutral Special should always be the most iconic move of the person. But I don't think of JUST the Metal Blades when I think of Megaman. I think of Weapon Switching and strategically using them.

Yeah, I can see what you mean when it comes to the Metal Blades. I personally think that the Mega-Buster/Charge combo shot still could've been his Neutral B attack. While he uses some punches and kicks from MvC as his AAA combo Still I do like his moveset overrall. But I do like the Leaf Shield as the Down-B. The shield weapons are some of my favorite weapons in the classic series.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I can see what you mean when it comes to the Metal Blades. I personally think that the Mega-Buster/Charge combo shot still could've been his Neutral B attack. While he uses some punches and kicks from MvC as his AAA combo Still I do like his moveset overrall. But I do like the Leaf Shield as the Down-B. The shield weapons are some of my favorite weapons in the classic series.
I'd have preferred Fire Man's Fire Shield. It's a shield, AND a projectile, and one of the most classic of the weapons, straight from the first game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd have preferred Fire Man's Fire Shield. It's a shield, AND a projectile, and one of the most classic of the weapons, straight from the first game.

Hmm. Fire Shield is cool too. Though if I had to pick a Shield Weapon, I'd go with The Jewel Satellite. That thing really strong, taking out most weaker enemies just by running into them. It's almost as good as Megaman X1's Rolling Shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom