• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Weapon Get" - Mega Man Movelisting and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I honestly REALLY wanted him to be able to use Rush Jet, but I guess just Rush Coil then...

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Just some things I noticed.

Skip to 1:07 and pause in the Mega Man trailer, and one of the Leaf Shield's leaves cancel out Mario's fireball, but the other 3 keep going. Leaf Shield having higher priority than Fire Ball confirmed?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Just some things I noticed.

Skip to 1:07 and pause in the Mega Man trailer, and one of the Leaf Shield's leaves cancel out Mario's fireball, but the other 3 keep going. Leaf Shield having higher priority than Fire Ball confirmed?
If i remember correctly, Sakurai did say that it protects you in the developer direct.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
If i remember correctly, Sakurai did say that it protects you in the developer direct.

He did. But I wonder if the Leaf Shield and a Metal Blade can be held on to at the same time. If it can, that followed up by Mega Buster/Charge Shot should shred shields.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
He did. But I wonder if the Leaf Shield and a Metal Blade can be held on to at the same time. If it can, that followed up by Mega Buster/Charge Shot should shred shields.
Very likely, but as I say in the OP, one thing about Down B is we don't know if he can actually move without firing it off. Let alone if he can attack while it's up. The order would likely be in your scenario

Leaf Shield->Metal Blade->Mega Buster.

Not a terribly good option straight on, as both are relatively slow moving projectiles, and likely wouldn't even do THAT much shield damage. However, Leaf Shield is a meaty (err, leafy?) projectile that covers a ton of space, and even beats spot dodges. You could probably fire it, and use the Metal Blade as an anti air projectile to further control the space your opponent has to manuver, effectively controlling them and dictacting the pace of the game.

Egregore

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NoGoodEndings
3DS FC
1977-1234-9456
color me crazy, but there's something i noticed some time ago after the "developer direct" was first shown (so i apologize if this has been discussed at length already! only my third post)

when the narrator is discussing megaman's leaf shield around 5:30, he performs the leaf shield on the ground and throws it, and then afterward he jumps to perform it mid-air

but what it seems like to me is that it actually cancels his vertical momentum and makes him drop

i feel like this is going to be a very interesting tool in recovering on-stage, pressuring an opponent's shield out of jump, and for mindgames

Neo Zero

color me crazy, but there's something i noticed some time ago after the "developer direct" was first shown (so i apologize if this has been discussed at length already! only my third post)

when the narrator is discussing megaman's leaf shield around 5:30, he performs the leaf shield on the ground and throws it, and then afterward he jumps to perform it mid-air

but what it seems like to me is that it actually cancels his vertical momentum and makes him drop

i feel like this is going to be a very interesting tool in recovering on-stage, pressuring an opponent's shield out of jump, and for mindgames
I know what you're talking about, but it's very possible it was just a small little glitch in the then "current" Alpha version of the game. Could be a good momentum cancel if it stays in the final version though.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Could also be like Fox's Reflector, a jump canceller, but not a good MC.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, will the Rush Coil do some form of damage? I kind of think it will. What I mean is that it could work like Sonic's Spring. Where if Rush falls directly on top of an opponent, he'll hurt him. Not sure if will be super useful though, just wondering as all.

Also, did we see anymore of his throws? Or even his Pummel? I think we've seen like two throws.

Neo Zero

So, will the Rush Coil do some form of damage? I kind of think it will. What I mean is that it could work like Sonic's Spring. Where if Rush falls directly on top of an opponent, he'll hurt him. Not sure if will be super useful though, just wondering as all.

Also, did we see anymore of his throws? Or even his Pummel? I think we've seen like two throws.
Most likely, but it's not something I or anyone can answer right now

We have only seen two throws, that's why. Honestly, I imagine his Back throw is probably the same as Front, the only slightly interesting one to me is what happens on Down Throw. I'm also curious how he pummels someone over his head.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I wonder what his Final Smash will be like...
I have certain possible guesses here:

1- Super Adaptor (Megaman 7)
For a brief time, Megaman will be able to fly around, and shoot HIGH DAMAGING rocket fists at his opponents.

2- Air Assistance (Megaman 8)
For a brief time, Megaman will jump on Rush Jet, as Eddy (with bombs), Auto (with a bazooka), Beat (with a spinning attack) will join in as Rush shoots a 3-way plasma attack while you fly around.

3- Hyper Megaman (MvC)
Megaman gains the Hyper Armor and fires a huge beam across the screen

4- Astro Crush (Megaman 8)
Megaman summons a barrage of meteors that crash all around the battlefield.

5- Flash Stopper (Megaman 2 / Megaman 6)
Megaman will freeze opponents in time for a brief time, while he's free to attack his opponents however he likes.

-

As for the rest of the throws, while I'm fairly certain Fthrow will be a variant of Uthrow, it'd be really cool if the other throws were:
Bthrow: Tengu Arashii (MM8) (blows away with a ball of raging winds)
Dthrow: Spring Pilediver (MM7) (uses coils on his boots to jump up, and lands on the opponent's head, also referencing Zangeif)

No Control

Smash Apprentice
I'd like for his FS to be the Black Hole Bomb. Suck everyone in and then blast them out with huge knockback.

I'm getting his B moves are likely:

Neutral B: Metal Claw
Side B: Crash Bomb
Up B: Rush Coil
Down B: Leaf Shield

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Top Spin seems like a really reliable dash attack. As for his Pummel, I think he could electrocute his whole body while holding the opponent. Kind of like Mewtwo's N-Air. Given that the pose he holds them in might be a little too hard for a proper knee or kick. But a normal pummel like kicking could happen.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I'm hoping his pummel involves repeatedly shooting the opponent with the Mega Buster.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, that could work too. Though I'm guessing he would still have something different. The reason I suggested him charging up his body with electricity is that it would be a cool reference to Mega Man and Bass. Dynamo Man gives you the Lightning Bolt weapon. Mega Man surrounds himself in lightning and acts as a screen clearing move. Not too mention, the Gold and Black color scheme is really awesome.

Neo Zero

Top Spin looks alike a mediocre Dash Attack imo.
Honestly depends on the priority (it is like a tornado...what other tornado do we know of that has insane priority for no reason). If it has good priority I could see it having a use even with its large commitment/lag time. Its also a tech chase option but if I want to Tech chase as Mega Man, I'd probably use Dtilt instead.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The damage looks pitiful.
2% per hit with no hitstun?
That ain't Fox.

Neo Zero

http://gfycat.com/SlipperyUnfitDairycow#
His energy pellets no longer has any hitstun.
Something I noticed but I've been trying to analyze the Little Mac info the trailer has. I won't update the OP for now, partly because all the info so far is matched the same alpha build, and partly because this could not be final and they could revert back to having some hitstun again.

Which I REALLY hope they do, without that it really hurts the spacing and approaching game of Mega Man, and it's easy to see why. The previous Buster would at least stop your opponent, basically allowing you to use it for pressure in mid range scenarios, as well giving you something to use to cover your approach that is relatively safe to use at that mid screen distance. Without that, spacing at Mid Range will have to come from F-air and his Metal Blades mostly, and those are riskier, one is shorter range though it does have a nice looking disjoint, the other being a bit laggy in a mid screen situation (though I imagine using it as an item rather than as a B move would make this option better). Approaching would be even worse, as it's much harder to mask your approach without it, as well as giving you less options of how you can.

If this change is final I do understand why, but it would likely make Mega Man a character that strictly must find ways to fight at long range with less versatility at closer gaps. But who knows, not final build of the game and all that, so it's a wait and see (and for me, hope).

Une

Smash Apprentice
Oh wow I didn't even notice that. I was just paying attention to Mac. His buster shot suddenly went from being kinda OP to being uhhhh kinda trash just like that. Wow I hope that doesn't stay.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I think it may just have something to do with Bowser because I couldn't imagine them giving him a move as underpowered as that not once but 3 times in his moveset.

Une

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I dunno. That's what I was hoping but it looked like Megaman shot Bowser in his turning around animation so unless Bowser has armor when turning around or on his jab or yeah. Doesn't look good. Megaman kinda needs his buster to have hitstun otherwise he'd just have to use flame sword all the time. Which should be good but still.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Built-in Heavy Armor for the heaviest characters, that would be like a dream come true.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
@ ぱみゅ ぱみゅ : ...you're gonna have to have a serious conversation with Little Mac, you know.

Anyway. As for Final Smashes, I'd personally think Flash Stopper would be the most unique concept. Then we'd have a real ZA WARUDO (Not like Luigi's Negative Zone. That just does things like dizzy you and slow you down.) Final Smash. :U

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I JUST noticed how fluid and well-animated the public looks on that gif

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Something I noticed but I've been trying to analyze the Little Mac info the trailer has. I won't update the OP for now, partly because all the info so far is matched the same alpha build, and partly because this could not be final and they could revert back to having some hitstun again.

Which I REALLY hope they do, without that it really hurts the spacing and approaching game of Mega Man, and it's easy to see why. The previous Buster would at least stop your opponent, basically allowing you to use it for pressure in mid range scenarios, as well giving you something to use to cover your approach that is relatively safe to use at that mid screen distance. Without that, spacing at Mid Range will have to come from F-air and his Metal Blades mostly, and those are riskier, one is shorter range though it does have a nice looking disjoint, the other being a bit laggy in a mid screen situation (though I imagine using it as an item rather than as a B move would make this option better). Approaching would be even worse, as it's much harder to mask your approach without it, as well as giving you less options of how you can.

If this change is final I do understand why, but it would likely make Mega Man a character that strictly must find ways to fight at long range with less versatility at closer gaps. But who knows, not final build of the game and all that, so it's a wait and see (and for me, hope).
Bowser could just have armor on his shell.

I also like how Sakurai seems to be creating some unique moves with their newcomers, specifically Megaman and Villager. Megs has that very non-traditional Forward tilt, which isn't even a tilt at all, it's a walk attack. He also has a projectile smash and aerial. Breaking some molds it seems.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Bowser could just have armor on his shell.

I also like how Sakurai seems to be creating some unique moves with their newcomers, specifically Megaman and Villager. Megs has that very non-traditional Forward tilt, which isn't even a tilt at all, it's a walk attack. He also has a projectile smash and aerial. Breaking some molds it seems.
Tbqh i had thought of that, but it seems like a weird change so I never made a comment about it (i mean it makes sense and all...but practically its weird)

Its amazing that a series that has had something like 45 fighters so far can still not only have original fighters, but innovative ideas for them as well. Plus I've said it before, no one got the series/moveset love that Rock did.

EDIT: Hate editing after so long...but can't Double Post so what can you do. Updated the OP to include his final smash. Also patting myself on the back for being right about all his previous moves (sadly of course there are still holes but eh, they'll be fixed later)

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
With the Nintendo Direct confirmations and the EPIC Final Smash, I'll proceed to Sticky this.

That being said, now I am unsure about the Mega Buster's Hitstun....

Neo Zero

Thank you Kyo.

It basically means one of two things

1) The build use for Macs reveal had no hitstun for the pellets

2) Bowser has super armor either in his attacks or his shell

We'll never know for a while sadly. Some other nice things were

° Metal Blade used backwards uses an unique firing animation

° Uair has some hitstun when it first hits, but then appears to cause a phantom hitbox the remaining hits. The phantom hits do seem to do damage though and the Air Shooter will also carry the person hit upwards with it. Possibly a very good early verticle KO tool

° Whether it was changed or its just how the lingering outer hitbox works, D Smash can (will?) do one hit and knock opponents away

Can't say anything else stuck out to me. Honesty I spent a lot of time looking over Greninja lol.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Maybe it's already been discussed but am I the only one slightly bothered by the fact that Megaman doesn't shoot the pellets all the way to the other side of the screen? It barely reaches Fox laser's range before disappearing. As seen in Greninja's trailer.

Neo Zero

Maybe it's already been discussed but am I the only one slightly bothered by the fact that Megaman doesn't shoot the pellets all the way to the other side of the screen? It barely reaches Fox laser's range before disappearing. As seen in Greninja's trailer.
A full screen stunning projectile that can be spammed and cover three vertical levels at once? I can see why they have the range they do lol

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
A full screen stunning projectile that can be spammed and cover three vertical levels at once? I can see why they have the range they do lol
Last time I checked, they didn't stun, but if they do now (or at least through customization) then it makes sense, and I don't have a problem with it.

Neo Zero

Last time I checked, they didn't stun, but if they do now (or at least through customization) then it makes sense, and I don't have a problem with it.
I mentioned it in a post or two before yours. Im thinking it was just some weird buff Bowser got to his shell that caused it not to stun him. It was definitely in the Direct though.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Mega Man's pellets stun both Fox and Toon Link at around 12:48 in the direct. Bowser probably has some armor.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
The Mega Buster is basically a quick succession falco laser. It'd be overpowered if it reached that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom