• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Weapon Get" - Mega Man Movelisting and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If that's kept in it's going to be very interesting competitively, especially since Mega Man seems to be a zoning character.

juice.Zucco

Smash Cadet
A friend on Twitter informed me that Mega Man will hold on to the Metal Blade instead of tossing it if you hold down sideb
I have the demo and I can not replicate this.

Anything, some things I noticed that might not be obviously apparent.

Leaf shield kind of sucks in that all your A and B moves cant be used when its up. However, you can grab while its up. This sort of gives you a small window to run up to someone and force them to shield the leaves and grab. If the leaves didnt dissapear by the time you grabbed them, they hit the opponent you grabbed, doing about 2% each. on top of megamans pummel that does 3%, and his backthrow that does 11%, this can lead to decent damage.

You can also throw items while you have the leaf shield up. If you have a metal blade in your hand before putting the shield on then you'll have that option. metal blades tend to do 10 damage instead of about 6 when you use it as a held item rather than just shooting it off with B. Also you can still use your normal shield with leaf shield activated.

Rush coil is interesting in that if you were to use it off stage above your opponent, if rush falls on top of them they will also spring up. I dont know how long this property lasts on rush, but its at least a few characters away. This seems like it would be an amazingly safe way to save your partner in doubles without having to attack them. Another thing with rush is that if you use Rush coil grounded, and land on him to bounce up again, you get your upB back. might not be very practical to do this, but you easily reach the top of the screen doing this.

metal blades and crash bombs stick to walls and ledges. Its not surprising, but if you have time on the ledge without being punished you can do something like dropping off the ledge, shooting a metal blade into the wall, and picking it back up when you plan to get back on stage.

I enjoy how megaman feels, but he definitely isnt a combo character which is what people use to currently describe if a character is good or not atm. Hes got a lot of nice moves, but they dont really mesh together in a way that leads to big combos. The lack of a combo tilt kind of hurts him in that regard. I dont really know where he will land on a tier list at this time, but I feel like only people who actually like megaman will use him as time goes on, due to how different he is from other characters.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Still think leafsheid wont be used at all. No hitstun means you're just gambling without offensive options to get a more damage grab. If you get hit off the stage with it you have to throw it to use your Up B this is probably the most liable thing on the move and why I wouldn't chance being close to someone with it up.
If you can, test some spacing with down tilt to jab (When arm connects)
Also test how much block stun it has to see if you can apply jab pressure when you slide behind them. (Please)

Last edited:

SalamiDragon

Smash Rookie
I'm currently tinkering with ways to extend the metal blade's presence in battle, and I thought I'd share my findings with you guys.

1. The metal blade can be repeatedly picked up and thrown/dropped onto the ground. The blade appears to disappear after a random number of drops, I've noticed fluctuations between 1-8 max drops, about 3 on average before the blade typically vanishes.

2. After dropping the metal blade in midair it appears directly behind Megaman. It can then instantly be re grabbed by utilizing any of Megaman's aerials when in direct contact with the blade. Suprisingly this does not cancel out the aerial attack itself. This allows you to carry the blade indefinitely, without locking out any of Megaman's superb aerials.

3. Re-grabbing the blade using neutral air locks Megaman into his three shot barrage. The metal blade cannot be thrown until you fire all three shots, or wait out however many frames it takes for Megaman to come out of his firing stance.

Last edited:

infomon

Smash Scientist
Does up-B really go into free-fall, or can Megaman use aerials/airdodge afterwards? Does it go the same height when used from the ground as when used from the air? When used from the air, can players still jump on the doggy?

Thanks!

Last edited:

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Does up-B really go into free-fall, or can Megaman use aerials/airdodge afterwards? Does it go the same height when used from the ground as when used from the air? When used from the air, can players still jump on the doggy?

Thanks!
He does not go into free fall and can do anything he wants (except Up b again)
He does go the same height as far as I know but if you jump off the dog when already planted on the ground you will go a higher height.
Players can use the spring on Rush's back when he is still in the air.

Last edited:

infomon

Smash Scientist
Awesome, thanks! OK let's update the OP with these new infos.

After his up-B, are you sure he can use his neutral/side/down specials? That's pretty cool, especially if any of their alts give him more mobility.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Its not looking good for our blue bomber . . .

Link can shield most of megaman's projectiles(weapon shield)
not just standing still either he can walk and it will auto block things.

F smash included . . .
Leaf shield causes stun in certain situations (thats a +)

Last edited:

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this was covered already, but n-air pellets have knockback. Gives good zoning capability
Not sure about that. You could be talking about the hit box that comes out of his arm when he points to shoot.

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
So I am in kinda late, but is Megaman looking like he will be good at what he does, or will he be a sub-par zoning character?
Like, from what people have seen, does he actually have the tools to keep foes off of him and continue to force the opponent to play his game if utilized correctly, or will he just be bad at zoning or have no relevant finisher?

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
From what I've seen, I think Mega Man has the tools. I think if anything, he may have quite a learning curve, if that. He's very different than other characters that have appeared in smash so it'll take some getting used to. He has options though; I think his aerials are solid, his smashes are good, and I think he has the tools to zone very well.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Any more of his custom moves unlocked? Can somebody fill me in? I REALLY wanna know Mega Man's custom moves!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm watching the Nintendo Treehouse stream, and they are playing MM7.

But they said the Danger Wrap is a move for him in Smash. We haven't seen it yet though.

So it must be a custom move.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Welp bair for trips
sooo sick. most likely only on the first slash.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Can confirm that using Crash Bomb on walls near the edges of stages to blow yourself up gives you back your Rush Coil. Situational, but I did benefit from the situation.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Thats a good thought but I was thinking of using it more as an edge guarding tool.
Up b's that attack the ledge will blow up and you can get a free hard knuckle.
Its hard to test if they get I frames before it blows up though.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Oh no I'd still totally use it for edge guarding, definitely. Just throwing out that Mega can find a way to come back by using the bomb. I actually think Mega will be an edge guarding monster if played right.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
idk the bair mechanic is weird.
You may have to cut them deep for it to force trip I managed to get it on the 2nd slash.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I need to test on a human, but I think if you get someone into a jablock you can safely do a slower buster shot while walking and keep them in it (think of like, Brawl Ike's A+A jab combo). It's slower for sure, but it means you're not limited to three shots per cycle and imo, could be very nice for retreating purposes.

Last edited:

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
How do you set up a jab lock?
I always get a force stand and get a free anything.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
You can do it with fair (check my link above about his jab reset).

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got the CN demo, am a MM main, please let me know what to start looking/testing for.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Oh I see I don't know if we're gonna be able to keep going with it
Got the CN demo, am a MM main, please let me know what to start looking/testing for.
Can you test Bair a bit I'm getting different results.
I'm getting a soft spike sometimes with the first and second slash and sometimes a trip when they're on the ground.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got a copy of the demo and OOOOOOH lawdy, I was right about Mega Man being my 3DS main. He's INCREDIBLY efficient and fun to use!

If anyone wants me to look for stuff, I can check later (I'm just letting my brother play the demo for a while)! :D

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Funny thing is I'm having some trouble with Link. His shield blocks everything including the Charge Shot. :laugh:

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Metal blade will hit him clean if hes not crouching.

Is anyone else short hopping like crazy?
It feels like his mobility on short hop is good.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Since I've been doing this for most of the characters, let me give a brief and non-conclusive review of my personal impressions of MM from playing him
The Good
- His down throw can chain into some things at low percent, on the off chance that you ever want to combo with him
- His fair and bair are pretty darn fast. SH attacks with these two are pretty good. I like the bair a little more at low percentages and fair at higher
- Fsmash is really quite good. A ranged smash with great knockback? Great tool
- I feel like his buster pellets could be really good for "stuffing" approaches, especially air heavy ones. Maybe people will find easy ways to get around this though. Can't say for sure yet
- His dair is really fun when you hit people off-stage with it. This will be really good against some kinds of recoveries on some stages. Captain Falcon, or similar recoveries, come to mind. If you can get him Off stage and under the ledge, it's a good option
- As others have said, Up B can break out of some combos. Good for this type of character

The Bad/Neutral
- He isn't a combo character. Don't try to make him one. Yeah he's got a few decent options, but I feel like he's going to be more about building percent and finishing. Take that as you will
- A lot of his default specials felt, well not that great to be honest. Crash bomber seems really quite weak.
- His uair is interesting and can maybe force people to move in a way you want them to, but I feel like you have better things you can do with a situation where it could be used

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
Mega Man u-air is actually amazing in my opinion. It killed around 80% for me and it's range is spectacular. In the aspect of guiding your opponent, it's very good for that too.
He has some little tricks like f-air to jab lock to d-smash, all assuming your opponent doesn't tech.
Also, it looks like you can kind of combo off of metal blade if you picked it up, rather than throwing it straight at them.

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Mega Man u-air is actually amazing in my opinion. It killed around 80% for me and it's range is spectacular. In the aspect of guiding your opponent, it's very good for that too.
He has some little tricks like f-air to jab lock to d-smash, all assuming your opponent doesn't tech.
Also, it looks like you can kind of combo off of metal blade if you picked it up, rather than throwing it straight at them.
The problem with Uair is i think you can DI out of it while it's carrying up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom