• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Like IKE! Or do we...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartiatis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yerakitis
I prefer his Brawl skin because I always love the classic look of characters. It would be nice to add his Ranger model as a skin in the upcoming Smash Bros. I also like his new model because now that he has a larger body, his blade Ragnell fits well on him. His look from Path of Radiance is very small looking at the torso and it seems that his sword is huge. Even Snake's codec conversation from Brawl about Ike mentions that it is unusual for a kid to wield a divine weapon with one arm. I've come to a point were I was thinking about a remake of his Ranger skin in HD with a different posture, and I say that it would look good.

One more thing, it's funny because all of you who support his "Manly" version, remind me a lot of when Ike from FE9, faces the boss of the chapter, and both would share some words before the battle. It would always be like:
"Bryce: So you're the enemy general, eh? You're much younger than I had imagined."
"Ike: My age matters not. The palace will be ours this day."

Derekburn

Smash Apprentice
I think it is awesome and strange that almost everything i wanted regarding fire emblem happened in smash bros 4. First of all I wanted Marth to have his new mystery of the emblem design and that happened(I hate the Awakening model for marth and I thought they would go with that one xD). Then Ike got the his radiant dawn form and I REALLY wanted that, I played every fire emblem from fe8 and RD is my favorite tied with SS(and plus POR Ike just doesn't look like he would match his strength). THEN two weeks ago I got not only LUCINA, but also Robin! I was convinced that chrom was coming but I really wanted Lucina over him, and Robin, who can use magic is in! So far I am very satisfied with what they have done with fire emblem in smash. I also wanted either Ephraim, Eirika, or Micaiah but I wasn't going to count on it xD.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Ike didn't make sense as a slow character in Brawl e.e He was freaking speedy in PoR, always capping that stat like a boss.
But ohhh boy, his RD look fits so much better with his moveset. :4myfriends:

All in all I'm happy we got to see both of his looks in different games, the world needs more Ike imho.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I prefer his PoR/Brawl model, but that doesn't mean I don't like the Smash 4/hero model, too.

Last edited:

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
My inner otaku tells me to go for the "wimpy" Ike (not that he is, just referencing how Japan prefers their protagonists compared to the outside audience).

Even if I prefer FE9!Ike, FE10!Ike is okay too.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
What I really like about RD Ike (in FE and in Sm4sh) is that even though he's a Lord he completely represents the Hero class to the key... just without the shield.

Definitely by far one of the most unique Lords in FE, if not, THE most unique.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
What I really like about RD Ike (in FE and in Sm4sh) is that even though he's a Lord he completely represents the Hero class to the key... just without the shield.

Definitely by far one of the most unique Lords in FE, if not, THE most unique.
There are quite a few Lords that are somewhat unique, you know. Ike has some unique qualities, but he certainly doesn't have a monopoloy on uniqueness. That just sounds like blind hyperbole.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I like his SSB4 design better than his Brawl model. Makes him look more heroic. I wish I had Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn though.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I say he will be unlockable just because Marth is on the cover which will probably make him a starter.

Hong

The Strongest
They tried to keep Ike locked, but they couldn't contain him.:4myfriends:

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
I'd say there are two ways this could go:

1. Ike and Marth starters, Robin and Lucina unlockable.
2. Marth and Robin starters, Ike and Lucina unlockable.

Just going off of the fact that apparently everyone on the box arts so far are starters or third party, and I don't see both Marth and Lucina as starters.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Personally, if Ike isn't the only starter, I think it will actually be Ike and Lucina as the starters and Marth and Robin as the unlocks.

Either that, or Ike/Robin as starter, Marth/Lucina as unlocks. Basically, I don't see Ike being a secret character, and Marth has always been a secret character, but it could go either way for Robin and Lucina.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Haven't checked up on this thread for awhile. I actually never had a thread with 4 pages haha.

Looks like more and more people prefer his Brawl version. Still a landslide vote though. :awesome:

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
If I had another choice, I'd say his lord appearance in Path of Radiance, but the Hero look from Radiant Dawn will do for me.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Holy... 233 votes for SSB4 Ike... I don't think I've ever seen that much...

SSB4 Ike, definitely. The only way I'd consider liking Brawl's model more is if it had been based on his Lord artwork from Path of Radiance.

Now all we need is an alternate where he's his Vanguard look.

Zero Requiem

Smash Apprentice
Smash 4 design is better show's how much Ike has grown in the given time span. (Similar to his growth in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.) Although his Lord class design would of looked awesome in smash 4.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I think I'd prefer the "Hero" Ike even more than the "Lord" Ike if given the choice for Smash 4. We got enough FE reps with blue capes. And plus I find RD Ike's model much more appealing, not to mention it's more unique compared to say, Marth's and Lucina. He easily stands out out of the 4 reps.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Which do I prefer? AETHER
But really it's great that they used his RD design now. It makes it seem like time actually passes between Smash games and now Ike is older. Waiting for that Ike amiibo.

Ignoth

Smash Cadet
Smash 4 AKA RD Ike is definitely better. He looks far more distinct to Marth.

My only minor nitpick is that several of his facial expressions make him come off as a bit of a dumb brute.

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Marth will definitely be a starter.
I could see maybe Ike being a starter along with him, with Lucina and Robin being unlockables.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I'm guessing Marth will be a starter this time around, and I think Ike will probably be one too; it wouldn't surprise me in any combination of which is which, though. All four might be starters.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm thinking that Ike and Marth will be starters whilst Lucina and Robin are unlockables.
If we don't have version-based starters (like the 3DS version has different starters than the Wii U version), I definitely think both Lucina and Robin will be unlockable.

If we have version-based starters, I can see Ike being unlockable on 3DS but a starter on Wii U.

I'm guessing Marth will be a starter this time around, and I think Ike will probably be one too; it wouldn't surprise me in any combination of which is which, though. All four might be starters.
We can pretty much guarantee Lucina will be unlockable no matter what. Clones have never been starters.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I feel that the best starter combo would be Ike and Marth, but there's also the possibility that it could be Marth and Robin instead. I know starters have never been demoted, but who knows.
I think its going to be Ike and Marth UNLESS we have version-specific starters. Or we could have Ike, Marth, and Robin, but I doubt that. Ike and Marth is more likely.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I think Ike will be a Starter for sure. That said, I don't understand this notion of "once a starter, always a starter." Things can always change. We haven't seen Metaknight yet, too; honestly I think Metaknight may have been changed to an unlockable character.
I'm not so sure Metaknights in the game anymore...

On Topic, I think Ike and Marth will be starters while Robin and the Marth-Killer will be unlockables. But that's just me

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Personally, if Ike isn't the only starter, I think it will actually be Ike and Lucina as the starters and Marth and Robin as the unlocks.
I think I'd feel like puking if Sakurai put Lucina as a starter over Marth. It doesn't seem fair to me at all that the players are getting that overhyped fan-service character over the real face of the series. Just my two cents.

So I'd bet Ike and Marth are the starters.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think I'd feel like puking if Sakurai put Lucina as a starter over Marth. It doesn't seem fair to me at all that the players are getting that overhyped fan-service character over the real face of the series. Just my two cents.

So I'd bet Ike and Marth are the starters.
Considering the fact that Marth is on the cover of the 3DS game and Lucina is a clone, Marth is a starter and Lucina is undoubtedly unlockable.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
Considering the fact that Marth is on the cover of the 3DS game and Lucina is a clone, Marth is a starter and Lucina is undoubtedly unlockable.
Yeah, it seems pretty set that Marth is now a starter for the first time.

My guess is Marth, Ike, and Robin are starters and Lucina is unlockable. Although I still find it odd that we would get an unlockable newcomer announced pre-release.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, it seems pretty set that Marth is now a starter for the first time.

My guess is Marth, Ike, and Robin are starters and Lucina is unlockable. Although I still find it odd that we would get an unlockable newcomer announced pre-release.
They probably announced Lucina because they didn't know how else to introduce Robin, so they just decided to announce Lucina at the same time.

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
Well of course Marth is going to be a starter character, no doubts.

I think that Marth would be only one starter character from FE series. Ike, Lucina and Robin are unlockable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom