• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Like IKE! Or do we...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
Well we have 7 days left till Japanese release...I'm sure someone who is importing will go over character differences.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I can't imagine Bowser would get reworked I can't imagine Ike wouldn't. I expect more armor frames too, as they seem to be more prevalent in this game.

kro_

Smash Apprentice
I hope Ike gets faster. He needs more tools than his jab, which it looks like Shulk has now, too.

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
I hope you can still jab reset I miss all the mix ups with that

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
lol same as brawl i would assume. like running speed right?
I seen a quick clip oh him in the japanese direct, and he seems to run at the same speed as in brawl. this won't be too much of a problem if ike can actually swing his sword in a decent amount of speed, hopefully.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
He really doesn't need speed his smash attacks are pretty much stronger than any other character.

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
He really doesn't need speed his smash attacks are pretty much stronger than any other character.
You can`t just spam his smash attacks though. They are slow and if they miss you will get harshly punished for it. His regular attacks need to be faster so that he isn`t just a big target everytime he swings his sword.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
You can`t just spam his smash attacks though. They are slow and if they miss you will get harshly punished for it. His regular attacks need to be faster so that he isn`t just a big target everytime he swings his sword.
Your right but if he got TOO much speed he'd be overpowered but I fires some speed boost would be nice

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
Your right but if he got TOO much speed he'd be overpowered but I fires some speed boost would be nice
Yeah, I think his smashes shouldn`t be touched for the most part. His down smash though needs to be improved. It was never very useful, even in free for alls. It should be made faster and do less damage, or it should be a choice to do the second swing like with Link`s forward smash. That is what I think.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Y'know, I wonder has anyone ever brought up the idea that SSB Ike was RNG screwed? Ike's Speed growth in Path of Radiance was 55% and 35% in Radiant Dawn - granted his base stats were high in that game. Even outside of Fire Emblem, characters from Fire Emblem are still under Anna's the RNG Goddess's reign.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
While I find D-Smash to be fast enough on start-up, it would be nice if it sent foes at more horizontal trajectories. That fact the U-Smash outclasses it in almost every possible way defeats the purpose of even using it. Such wasted potential it was back in SSBB. The second hit of D-Smash even had a lingering hitbox.

^-^

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
While I find D-Smash to be fast enough on start-up, it would be nice if it sent foes at more horizontal trajectories. That fact the U-Smash outclasses it in almost every possible way defeats the purpose of even using it. Such wasted potential it was back in SSBB. The second hit of D-Smash even had a lingering hitbox.

^-^
Well, D-Smash is a pretty good counter attack with it's speed like most D-Smashes are. Despite the superiority of U-Smash, opponents can't see his D-Smash coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom