• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Like IKE! Or do we...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Smash 4 AKA RD Ike is definitely better. He looks far more distinct to Marth.

My only minor nitpick is that several of his facial expressions make him come off as a bit of a dumb brute.
To be fair, Ike is sort of a dumb brute at times. But he's not always that way. That's why I like him.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Radiant Dawn Ike (SSB4)

He doesn't look so puny. Looks like he can actually hold Ragnell. Plus, He looks totally ready to fight.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
Lord Ike will always be my favorite Ike, and Ranger Ike in SSBB gets points just because I love PoR a whole huggy bunch, but I do agree with other people that Hero Ike is probably the best one for SSB, since he's the most visually distinct from Marth (or really any other FE lord who isn't Hector).

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I'm not so sure Metaknights in the game anymore...

On Topic, I think Ike and Marth will be starters while Robin and the Marth-Killer will be unlockables. But that's just me
awkward.

i hate this new thing where in smash 4 if a veteran hasn't been revealed by now that people start to worry about their inclusion. guys i'm really worried about wario and ganondorf!

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
awkward.

i hate this new thing where in smash 4 if a veteran hasn't been revealed by now that people start to worry about their inclusion. guys i'm really worried about wario and ganondorf!
Lol right...? *Cough*

I'm definitely not worried about Ganon. I actually think Ganon will return with a whole new moveset based on Hyrule Warriors or Twilight Princess. So that makes him a sword user (more preferrably the dual swords from HW). They can't cut Link's nemesis that's insane.

But don't take my word for it xD

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wasn't he a starter in Brawl? I don't remember but if he did, then It's possible that he may be a starter character again while Marth, Lucina and Robin will be unlockable. That's just my guess though.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
If a character starts out as default, he's always default.
Pretty much what this guy said. I don't think you'll ever see characters like Samus or Fox as unlockables in future games, Ike in particular is special in that case since he was the first Fire Emblem starter in Smash even though Marth and Roy were in Melee.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I think Ike and Marth will be the starter characters, with Robin and Lucina as the unlockables.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
I'd say that Marth and Ike are starters since they're both veterans while Lucina and Robin unlockables.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
My guess is Marth and Robin as starters with Lucina as unlockable. Ike could go either way, though.

Marth is on the cover and was in the demo, so he looks to be a starter.
I doubt the two newcomers from the same series would both be unlockable, and Lucina, as a clone, is the most likely to be unlockable, so Robin would be the starter.
And at that point Ike could go either way. He has previous starter status, but it's not a rule that that has to be kept, especially if Marth is to go from two-time unlockable to starter. I think it's very possible that Marth, Robin, and Ike will all be starters, but it could also be Marth and Robin as starters with Ike and Lucina unlockable.

On a side note, I would have expected Lucina to be the starter and Marth to be unlockable since Sakurai said Lucina is better for beginners, but the 3DS cover trumps that in my opinion.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I got an interesting idea from the Robin/Lucina reveal trailer. Marth and Ike could be played off as being "Legendary Heroes" and could be unlockable, which Robin and Lucina could be the starters since they're the current people in the spotlight but don't have that "Legendary" fame.

I do feel as if that's too good to be true and would personally like to have Robin and Marth as starters. Here's how having them as starters would make everyone look to Smash Bros newbies:

Marth- Fast sword user, basic.
Robin- Sword and spell user, basic.
Lucina- Better fast sword user (since she'll be better for people who liked Marth but don't know about his tipper).
Ike- Beastly powerhouse (hidden away as an unlock).

Ike and Lucina would be great unlockables for people who don't quite get Marth's more technical playstyle and would prefer powerful attacks (Ike) or more simple execution (Lucina).

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
I think everyone will be an starter. If we're looking at any kind of patterns, no character, apart from third-parties in Brawl, have been revealed and then been secret.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I think everyone will be an starter. If we're looking at any kind of patterns, no character, apart from third-parties in Brawl, have been revealed and then been secret.
I'd love this. We've still got another 7-10 (arbitrary number) veterans who are still on the way, so mix in a few (two or three) newcomers and that's a decent amount of unlockable characters. Toon Link, Luigi, and the four Fire Emblem reps throw me off though...

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
I'd love this. We've still got another 7-10 (arbitrary number) veterans who are still on the way, so mix in a few (two or three) newcomers and that's a decent amount of unlockable characters. Toon Link, Luigi, and the four Fire Emblem reps throw me off though...
We've already got almost the same amount of characters as in Brawl, it wouldn't strange to have two or three more starter characters and the rest as unlockables. We had 25-26 starters in Brawl, and 14 in Melee, always nearing or surpassing the full roster of the previous games. DOesn't mean it will happen again, but wouldn't be far-fetched.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
The SSB4 one. It's probably because he's so different- now that we could be losing Snake, he's the only realistically proportioned adult except for Ganondorf. We already have a bunch of young looking swordsmen, so it's nice to see some variety.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
If Megaman can get a flashy/cinematic final smash, then personally, I'd love a slight update to Great Aether.

1. Ike calls Micaiah/Yune or other way around and she empowers Ike with blue fire. (like at the near end of RD)

2. Classic Great Aether if it connects (with a slight buff, for a flashy attack, it was kind of on the weak side)

3. Blue flames

kro_

Smash Apprentice
I think his FS should be Aether one from the games. The first hit deals damage and traps them, second hit is the Aether, and third hit is a slash while he backflips away. Looks like an ultra from SFIV.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
Do you think Ike's Final Smash, Great Aether, will return from Brawl? Would you like it to?

I'd like for it to return, personally. It was one of my favorites. Feel free to post any new final smash ideas if you have any.

Great Aether in Brawl:

I think it'll return. And I really want it back.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I want it to be back- it looks great matches him pretty well. I'd prefer if his flames were blue, but nonetheless, I want it back.

Also, I'd prefer for Lucina to have her own version of Great Aether than Critical Hit. Yeah, I'd prefer for her to just straight up have a new version of Aether that she uses in her own game, but if she's going to get the clone treatment and steal a Final Smash, I'd rather her get Ike's than Marth's.

EDIT:

Great Aether is back! It's viewable at the end of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeOylQYkuU

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I'm probably more used to Brawl Ike so I prefer that one but his new design is welcome.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Dang it! You beat to it.

Still, it's great to see that move back. Who cares if it isn't canon anyways? This is not the first nor the last time that characters in a crossover game use something that they don't normally have in their home series.

Last edited:

JanitorOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
JanitorOfTermina
How fast do you think Ike will be because we barley have any gameplay of him to decide i think he'll be a little faster this time but he would lose some of his power but Ike is known for his power. I wanna hear your guy's ideas.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I am pretty sure Ike will stay as a heavyweight sword wielder. Though, I could see them giving some of his moves less ending lag (kind of how Ganondorf's forward tilt was greatly reduced in ending lag)--that, in mine opinion, would do many wonders for him. Also, his neutral aerial attack NEEDS to be changed to something that is less risky in the air.

After seeing how much they toughened up King Koopa (Bowser, if you insist), I am deeply curious to see how they have changed Ike.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Great Aether with blue flames. It couldn't have been better. :love:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I hope at least some of his attacks are sped up a bit, a faster f-tilt would do wonders.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
Great Aether looks awesome with blue flames. As a huge FE9/10 fan, I'll be the first to admit that Ike really lacks any obvious canon final smash options. As such, I'm more than happy for his super-cool move from Brawl to return with extra pizazz.

My only concern is that every shot I've seen of Gaur Plains has a hole in the middle of the stage, and in Brawl if a custom stage has a hole in the middle Ike SD's every time he uses his final smash.

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
Running speed and attack speed I would hope are buffed but because of how bulky he looks now...he's more then likely going to stay the same.

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
I thought this would be more of a tie but then I see results...oh my <_<

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Running speed and attack speed I would hope are buffed but because of how bulky he looks now...he's more then likely going to stay the same.
Realistically, more body mass/weight = slower speeds, but who knows.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
More reasonable attack speed would work better from a game mechanics standpoint and make sense. Ike's build in this game is a lot stronger-looking and more athletic. You'd figure he'd be that much more capable of swinging Ragnell around at viable speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom