• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Like IKE! Or do we...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Do you think Ike's Final Smash, Great Aether, will return from Brawl? Would you like it to?

I'd like for it to return, personally. It was one of my favorites. Feel free to post any new final smash ideas if you have any.

Edit: Great Aether returns, with blue flames!

Last edited:

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Just wanted to know everyone's thought's over Ike. This means Chrom, Lucina, and Robin and ect are limited. Do you think We'll get anyone else? I was thinking FE would get 3 reps, perhaps 2 being from Awakening. Looks like I'm wrong.

Discuss how Ike's confirmation affects the rest of the roster here.

Last edited:

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Yeah. I'd hope for something more powerful though. Great Aether looked GREAT visually. But did anyone realize it was weak?

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I think it doesn't affect anyone's chances. I like the fact that he is back, personally. He's a good character.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I love that Ike is back. He is a really fun character to use. I just hope that he is a bit more like Project M Ike. I wouldn't say it hurts the chances of new FE reps though.

D

Deleted member

Ike doesn't really affect anyone. It just shows that there is a likely outcome that there will be three Fire Emblem reps. He should have been expected due to his popularity; I can't see the "recency" or "relevancy" of Chrom force Ike to get cut.

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Hmmm... I thought more people would share my view here. I definitly like him, I would just like more Awakening characters as well.

Morbi

Scavenger
Great Aether was my favorite Final Smash; the despair and joy when I am caught in it. I can't help but admire his body as he pounds away at me... with his sword.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Do you prefer Ike's new model (Radiant Dawn) over his Brawl one (Path of Radiance), or do you wish he looked more like he did in Brawl?

Here's a comparison.

Brawl:

Smash 4:

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Hmmm... I thought more people would share my view here. I definitly like him, I would just like more Awakening characters as well.
I don't know how many times it needs to be said. One character does not disconfirm another. Greninja and Lucario did not deconfirm Mewtwo, and Ike and Marth do not deconfirm Chrom. It's still entirely possible that one or more characters could come from Awakening, there are no max slots or game representation patterns or anything silly like that.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Manly Ike is best Ike.

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
Something canon please.
Here's an idea. The Black Knight Spawns and Ike do battle with him, clashing everywhere and anyone getting in their way gets blasted away. Kinda like Kat & Ana or Latios & Latias Assist trophies in terms of how chaotic it is.
Or maybe Yune blesses him and he gets all blue and fiery, in which case it could be a transform Final Smash or then proceeds to blue flame Great Aether (I suppose, if they want it to fit.)
Or maybe Ashera comes out and turns everyone to stone, and Ike goes "Hello? Anybody?!"
Or maybe the Greil Mercenaries comes in and wrecks havoc similar to how Dedede's or Pit's old one worked.

Morbi

Scavenger
I also prefer "manly" Ike. It is a much better model, I wouldn't mind a costume for his Path of Radiance design. But I certainly prefer that Ike that actually looks like he can hold his sword.

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
I don't know how many times it needs to be said. One character does not disconfirm another. Greninja and Lucario did not deconfirm Mewtwo, and Ike and Marth do not deconfirm Chrom. It's still entirely possible that one or more characters could come from Awakening, there are no max slots or game representation patterns or anything silly like that.
I agree that it's not concrete like that but ultimately any character cuts in on potential ones on the basis of limited resources used to create this game on a schedule.

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
To a great extent yes. But it could get out of hand in certain situations. Imagine a game with 10 mario reps and a max of 5 for other games. I see your point here though. I wasn't positive Ike would return to be honest.

Sakurai said "not every character would return" Prior to Ike's confirmation, I was thinking of all of the possible cuts. ROB, Game and Watch, the veterans from melee and SSB would stay I thought... But I was thinking "Some have to be cut. Sakurai said so..." So I decided to put characters in my cut list that I otherwise wouldn't have put. Just because so many are staying. The list was...
  1. Ike
  2. Wolf(maybe)
  3. Lucas
  4. Meta Knight
  5. Snake
  6. Pkmn Trainer
6 characters isn't that many cuts in all reality.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
If this poll happened a few years back, I would've voted on PoR's design. But now, RD's design has really grown on me, and I learned to appreciate it. Before he was revealed, I wanted him to have his RD Hero Class design. Which is exactly what I got, but it exceeded my expectations.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

To a great extent yes. But it could get out of hand in certain situations. Imagine a game with 10 mario reps and a max of 5 for other games. I see your point here though. I wasn't positive Ike would return to be honest.

Sakurai said "not every character would return" Prior to Ike's confirmation, I was thinking of all of the possible cuts. ROB, Game and Watch, the veterans from melee and SSB would stay I thought... But I was thinking "Some have to be cut. Sakurai said so..." So I decided to put characters in my cut list that I otherwise wouldn't have put. Just because so many are staying. The list was...
  1. Ike
  2. Wolf(maybe)
  3. Lucas
  4. Meta Knight
  5. Snake
  6. Pkmn Trainer
6 characters isn't that many cuts in all reality.
I think, on a personal suspicion, the cuts are going to be kept to an absolute minimum. No more Subspace alone frees up a lot of memory, the 3DS version which, iirc, is about the same max file size Brawl had has much less additional content such as songs and the like. It seems to me Sakurai is prioritizing the roster this time, and then building the rest around them.

Neo Zero

The 3DS got Smash Run though.
Smash Run is no where near as extensive as Subspace. It also wont have the cutscenes which ate so much memory. A bigger factor is if the newcomer trailers will be put in the games however, I imagine they would, but again, I'm sure they're built in mind for all the characters surrounding them.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
You can never deny objective fact, the Smash 4 model is just so much better. Someone with a different opinion will come eventually.
Haha I expect it sooner or later. Not that their opinion is wrong or anything. If everyone had the same opinions there would be not enough speculating.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
I'd like to see him whip out the good ole' Urvan and do some swinging action reminiscent of the Great Aether. With blue flames involved, obviously.

Last edited:

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
You can never deny objective fact, the Smash 4 model is just so much better. Someone with a different opinion will come eventually.
And here he is haha... It took me 5 minutes to decide though. I just thought SSBB Ike looks more agile (VERY DECIEVING) . I like agile swordsmen, and I hate swordsmen showing biceps...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I like Brawl's Design better, however, I do wish it was really high def for a more accurate comparison.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If you want to talk about FE characters in general, please use this thread.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
If they even ****ing think of replacing one of the hypest Final Smashes in the game, they better just cancel the game now.

Blue Flames with actual color vibrance, and it's perfect.

Literally nothing else needed.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Haha YES different opinions. And I'd be curious to see how his Brawl model would look in HD.

Hong

The Strongest
Ike in Brawl.

I never liked his depiction. He looked better in the Path of Radiance cutscenes, and even more so in Radiant Dawn. He is looking mighty handsome in Smash 4.

Morbi

Scavenger
And here he is haha... It took me 5 minutes to decide though. I just thought SSBB Ike looks more agile (VERY DECIEVING) . I like agile swordsmen, and I hate swordsmen showing biceps...
The Hound is an agile swordsman?! ---BREAKING NEWS---

I asked my sister; it literally took her 4 (more like three and a half) minutes to say, "maybe the Smash 4 version." She was really fond of Ike's model from Brawl, so I can relate with your hesitation (even if I do not share the sentiment).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom