• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WaveDashing In SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
I can do wavedashing and l-cancelling and so on, but i still think it should be removed.

i'd rather see a game based on skill of playing the Intended abilities of the game, not the accidental results of the physics. in other words id rather everybody is on the same ground, that they must rely solely on skill and knowledge of their characters, rather than advance techniques that were not inteded in the first place. It's not a technique issue, its a balance issue IMO
Wow! You have an incredible knowledge of the smash Metagame.

Anyway, WD in brawl is fine as long as only pikachu can do it.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Oh, and in all seriousness, if you think wavedashing ISN'T a consequence of the physics engine, and is a glitch, you're ****ed in the head.[/B] ;)
No, he thinks that a conscequence of the physics engine is a glitch, that those phrases are synonymous. He's upset because someone implyed that it would be one and not the other. Which is quite understandable.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Zarasi, I'm sure you want every technique removed from Brawl, even rolling and shielding.

warning! Sarcasm ahead!

Because God knows that those pesky shields really mess people up! They don't even require skill, you just press a button and BAM! Up comes that pesky shield again! Don't even get me started on rolling. Why my opponents would want to avoid my attacks is completely beyond me! Why won't they stop rolling and shielding so they can get hit! ARGH!!!1!!one!111eleven!

/sarcasm

bizybozo

Smash Journeyman
Examine your life and realize how fuucking ******** you are for wasting ur time arguing with bunch of dumbshiits about possibly the most useless subject ever. WOW. Go throw a frisbee or learn to play piano or something. WTF is wrong with kids these days.

I like how my original post was this upbeat opinion in which I provided the anti-wavedash argument in a logistical fashion, presented the two sides of the argument, and proposed a solution.
And then, my words get picked apart by a bunch of angry kids who, instead of reading the post and considering the big picture, would rather debate over what a glitch is vs. a bug, both of which are the "consequence" of source code, which comprises a system's physic engine. Seriously, just MOVE ON. btw Dylan Tgna is a ****ing presumptious idiot who'd rather jump to conclusions and call people out rather than read one page in this thread to prevent himself from sounding like an arrogant *******.

I get it. "Consequence of the physics engine" is a euphemism for glitch.
- dylan ur such a fvcktard. At least Rauken can read + comprehend, however unneccesarily mean he is.

I'm already angered at myself for even trying to enlighten a bunch of hostile cyber losers who can't debate worth a ****.

I won't be reading anymore of your posts, in the grand scheme of things, It's REALLY quite a waste of time.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Furthermore, when I play against my friends they jump IN THE AIR! Wtf is that, you cant do that. Doublejumping is a glitch. Also, why do fox and falco have guns? They're animals. Edgehogging is cheap, I main roy/link and have honor. Germ and Aniki are my favorite pro smashers because they ''inspire'' me because they're not like ''other pros'' and can own with characters that have honor. Aniki dun wavedesh and neither do I. Lol, at least I dont need a glitch 2 win (which I rarely do) not that it matters though, because I play for fun, where as you people who learn the indepth parts of this game are only playing it mechanically and are not enjoying yourselves at all on the condition that you put effort into becoming good at this game while I just whine like a little girl.

/ more sarcasm than Red

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Then why bother posting? If we are really "a bunch of hostile cyber losers who can't debate worth a ****" why fuel the fire?

I think you should try out the suggestions at the top of your post, you seem to need them.

EDIT: Lol Dylan, I can picture making an episode about that and pulling it on youtube. Scrubs complain about EVERYTHING! I don't know how they define skill, but it certainly isn't the same definition we have.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Examine your life and realize how fuucking ******** you are for wasting ur time arguing with bunch of dumbshiits about possibly the most useless subject ever. WOW. Go throw a frisbee or learn to play piano or something. WTF is wrong with kids these days.
Reported ;) (censor dodging) I get that one all the time, and so should you. :laugh:

Piano? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn5l9cjNW18

I'm quite skilled ;)

And then, my words get picked apart by a bunch of angry kids who, instead of reading the post and considering the big picture, would rather debate over what a glitch is vs. a bug, both of which are the "consequence" of source code, which comprises a system's physic engine.
Awww is the baby upset that people presented an argument to his generalizations about what a glitch is, and isn't? Hilarious that you're calling us ''angry kids'' reading your post I can just imagine the spit splattering against your screen through your braces as you rage and angst like the little turd that you are.

Seriously, just MOVE ON
Funny, you tell us this, but you seem to have trouble doing so yourself. Freaking out and flaming everyone is no way to ''move on''

You're such a hypocrite its unbelievable, you seem to suggest you're some ''intelligent'' debator and preach civilised discussion yet the way in which you present your ideas completly contradicts the ideas themselves. You're a riot :laugh:

Seriously, just MOVE ON. btw Dylan Tgna is a ****ing presumptious idiot who'd rather jump to conclusions and call people out rather than read one page in this thread to prevent himself from sounding like an arrogant *******.
Right, don't tell me what I have and haven't read. Let me remind you I started this topic to begin with in a thread that is now over 110 pages long. It of course got sidetracked and the debate slided to this thread, and I have been following it closely. You're guilty of the same presumtions you accuse me falsely off because you have no evidence to support your argument, where as I can call you presumptions since you just presumed I had not bothered to read this thread, which I have.

Oh, and if you wanna call me arrogant, by all means go ahead. I am. My opinion is and always has been that people without the knowledge of the game standardized by the competitive community should be humble and willing to learn, and realize that their mundane opinions don't matter

- dylan ur such a fvcktard. At least Rauken can read + comprehend, however unneccesarily mean he is.
Joy, here come your intelligent debate skills shine through once again. Yes, of course someone that agrees with you is literate where as people who don't can't read? That's a pretty big generalization right there as Im far from the only person who believes wavedashing not to be a glitch.

I like how my original post was this upbeat opinion in which I provided the anti-wavedash argument in a logistical fashion, presented the two sides of the argument
You claim to see both sides of the issue, but yet you freak out like an emo kid whos parents took his mascarra anytime someone disagrees with you, and claim that those who disagree with you are illiterate. Bravo.

I'm already angered at myself for even trying to enlighten a bunch of hostile cyber losers who can't debate worth a ****.
Wow you give me more material than I can handle. Please, englighten us with your rapid generalizations, and vulgarity.

And then call -US- Hostile :laugh: You're a ****ing joke.

Oh and nice debating skills :

You : *insert opinion*
Me : *Insert opposite opinion*
You : OMFG WTF IM GONNA SWEAR AND FREAK OUT A WHOLE BUNCH, AND THAT MAKES ME RIGHTER THAN YOU!!!1

I won't be reading anymore of your posts, in the grand scheme of things, It's REALLY quite a waste of time.
Good riddance, but I hope you read this post, hypocrite.

Inevitable

Smash Apprentice
Reported ;) (censor dodging) I get that one all the time, and so should you. :laugh:

Piano? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn5l9cjNW18

I'm quite skilled ;)

Awww is the baby upset that people presented an argument to his generalizations about what a glitch is, and isn't? Hilarious that you're calling us ''angry kids'' reading your post I can just imagine the spit splattering against your screen through your braces as you rage and angst like the little turd that you are.

Funny, you tell us this, but you seem to have trouble doing so yourself. Freaking out and flaming everyone is no way to ''move on''

You're such a hypocrite its unbelievable, you seem to suggest you're some ''intelligent'' debator and preach civilised discussion yet the way in which you present your ideas completly contradicts the ideas themselves. You're a riot :laugh:

Right, don't tell me what I have and haven't read. Let me remind you I started this topic to begin with in a thread that is now over 110 pages long. It of course got sidetracked and the debate slided to this thread, and I have been following it closely. You're guilty of the same presumtions you accuse me falsely off because you have no evidence to support your argument, where as I can call you presumptions since you just presumed I had not bothered to read this thread, which I have.

Oh, and if you wanna call me arrogant, by all means go ahead. I am. My opinion is and always has been that people without the knowledge of the game standardized by the competitive community should be humble and willing to learn, and realize that their mundane opinions don't matter

Joy, here come your intelligent debate skills shine through once again. Yes, of course someone that agrees with you is literate where as people who don't can't read? That's a pretty big generalization right there as Im far from the only person who believes wavedashing not to be a glitch.

You claim to see both sides of the issue, but yet you freak out like an emo kid whos parents took his mascarra anytime someone disagrees with you, and claim that those who disagree with you are illiterate. Bravo.

Wow you give me more material than I can handle. Please, englighten us with your rapid generalizations, and vulgarity.

And then call -US- Hostile :laugh: You're a ****ing joke.

Oh and nice debating skills :

You : *insert opinion*
Me : *Insert opposite opinion*
You : OMFG WTF IM GONNA SWEAR AND FREAK OUT A WHOLE BUNCH, AND THAT MAKES ME RIGHTER THAN YOU!!!1

Good riddance, but I hope you read this post, hypocrite.

Owned.

That's enough repellent to keep away twenty scrubs.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for making that post Dylan.

And now for my opinion. I believe nothing that has to do with the physics in this game is considered a glitch because the physics of the game are messed up in the first place. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with this, but that it can't be compared to anything in real life. Because I do play a character that requires wavedashing for movement I am for it, but even if i didn't play Ice Climbers I still love the idea of someone moving themselves in the air causing them to slide on the ground. I'll even go so far to say that it and also double jumping makes me laugh sometimes because the player is pushing themselves off of nothing and actually gain velocity from it.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
glitch
n.

1. A minor malfunction, mishap, or technical problem; a snag: a computer glitch; a navigational glitch; a glitch in the negotiations.
2. A false or spurious electronic signal caused by a brief, unwanted surge of electric power.

Wavedashing isn't a glitch. Im not going to bring up the same arguments over and over so refer to the ''landfallspecial'' portion of melee's debug mode, or ask around about it. wavedashing was ****well known about and left in because it is just a consequences of the physics engine.

It's not a glitch.
OBJECTION!

My friend you have delivered the very evidence that proves that Wave Dashing is in fact a glitch! (Has been playing WAY too much 'Phoenix Wright' >.<; )
And that is that it was unentended, wouldent you say that would be a mishap? Also theres a huge technical problem here! Did Nintendo want players to preform this? I wont say for shure beceause I'm not Nintendo, but reading the facts its probally a no. The technical problem here is that an unentended move has been implemented!

I'm not really for or agenst WaveDashing in Brawl, but its fun to debate! :chuckle:

Now if only we could get Nintendo to 'Testify' :chuckle:

>.>
<.<
*Plays more Phoenix Wright*

Rakuen

Smash Apprentice
Quick and simple. If there is air dodging in the game, then wavedashing will be there. You cant one without the other.
Actually, you could have aerial dodging without wavedashing, but since they're basing it on the Melee engine, it's unlikely that they would then go back and do the rewrite necessary to do that.

Unless they somehow managed to add some other feature that broke the wavedash's purpose to keep people from falling through the stage. THEN they might do a rewrite.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
OBJECTION!

My friend you have delivered the very evidence that proves that Wave Dashing is in fact a glitch! (Has been playing WAY too much 'Phoenix Wright' >.<; )
And that is that it was unentended, wouldent you say that would be a mishap? Also theres a huge technical problem here! Did Nintendo want players to preform this? I wont say for shure beceause I'm not Nintendo, but reading the facts its probally a no. The technical problem here is that an unentended move has been implemented!

I'm not really for or agenst WaveDashing in Brawl, but its fun to debate! :chuckle:

Now if only we could get Nintendo to 'Testify' :chuckle:

>.>
<.<
*Plays more Phoenix Wright*
LOL, the term ''Wavedashing'' comes from HAL labs themselves.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
No it doesn't, they call it the landfall special or something like that in action replay's debug menu.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
No it doesn't, they call it the landfall special or something like that in action replay's debug menu.
Are you sure of that? what I've heard is that the devs first gave the name ''Super Wave Land'' to the technique when a beta tester (playing as Luigi, lol) found it.

Then, sum1 playing with AR discovered a folder named ''Wavedash'' in the game while using AR... that's how we supposedly decided to call this wavedashing.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm not exactly sure of that. I'm not sure of this either, but I heard the term wavedashing comes from Street Fighter. I never even knew you could wavedash in that =/

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Chu and I have and I'm willing to bet that I could beat just about anyone in here with one hand (which means, gasp, I can't wavedash).

Don't know what the KDJ comment is for...I could beat KDJ back in March 2005 and I suck against the current top echelon players. Unless the comment was made to showcase you can improve massively quick, in which case good point.

And you can fsmash out of a dash dance, its not during the movement, sure, but the original purpose was to dash one direction and pivot into a tilt/smash. If you decide to dash left, right, left (dash dance in other words), then pivot into a fsmash, your accomplishing the same thing except your doing a pivot out of a dash dance. Instead of just straight up pivoting.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3033005119519411737&q=alphazelot&hl=en
lol, you're not allowed to use that vid of jon since its so old and he's playing roy.

here's his fox playing your peach more recently than that and winning

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=618824533181504464&q=alphazealot

course that was still a while ago, and he plays marth now. I doubt you could beat me one handed now.

edit: sorry about how old this is but i had to post it.

captainlukey

Smash Ace
sorry couldnt be bothered reading through heaps of pages....
whether we want it or not... its up to nintendo to make that decision... i myself love the WD and would love to see it return.... but i think the liklyhood of the WD as we know it coming into brawl is unlikely... you said that it was found, so the creators know about it and naturaly would put something that serves the same purpose in their... it may not even be called wave dash... and it will be generalised IMO.... so every character can do the same sized dash...
and the only reason we have advanced techs now is because of all of these little screwups in the game... so i say just make the physics way loose so that we can figure this crap out again....
if they make brawl all closed up we will be able to wavedash (or watever its called then) but we wont be able to do stuff like super wave dash, short hop lasers, infinates (except the wobbles, dam ICs), so by letting nintendo know about this stuff we may have lost wat we play the game for... and by that i mean all the little intricicies,tricks,glitches....
thanx for your time....

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
You know, it's possible that Nintendo takes WDing and turns it into a alternate dodge technique and make it easy (which I would hate.) They could take it and give it an animation, give it a name, and make it easy to do with a simple button combo or just a single button press. Then they would say, "Press (insert button or combo here) to do a (slide or something). And they would add, "You can also do this by doing an arial dodge diagonally into the ground. I would personally hate it if they made WDing easy, because like lots have said, WDing could separate the good and dedicated players from the n00bs. They should really keep it a difficult technique... Or, add some new phsyics engine freak occurrence that can be expoited.;)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It already has an animation, sliding. If they add animations to that then it'll be slower and useless.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You know, it's possible that Nintendo takes WDing and turns it into a alternate dodge technique and make it easy (which I would hate.) They could take it and give it an animation, give it a name, and make it easy to do with a simple button combo or just a single button press. Then they would say, "Press (insert button or combo here) to do a (slide or something). And they would add, "You can also do this by doing an arial dodge diagonally into the ground. I would personally hate it if they made WDing easy, because like lots have said, WDing could separate the good and dedicated players from the n00bs. They should really keep it a difficult technique... Or, add some new phsyics engine freak occurrence that can be expoited.;)
WD might be made easier a little, and if it is it probably won't be anything too drastic, and will probably be only a little easier, if easier at all. So I don't think there is nothing much to worry about if WD is made easier! :)

Rakuen

Smash Apprentice
[digression]
Is it possible to wavedash from what would be a full jump?
[/digression]

Carry on.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I would personally hate it if they made WDing easy, because like lots have said, WDing could separate the good and dedicated players from the n00bs. They should really keep it a difficult technique... Or, add some new phsyics engine freak occurrence that can be expoited.;)
Very certain. I agree with that

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't have a problem if Wavedashing/landing/allthatjazz stayed in Brawl. I can do it here and there in Melee, but I'm no master.

I still can't understand why some people find it so unfair. "Oh ****, he just slid back five feet, you better reset the ****ing game."

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
of course it will stay

because they are probably going to add a few other stuff like crouch walking what i have seen in the trailer what Snake,Wario and pikachu have done....

so if the wave dash will be gone then that means the dodginfg in the air will be gone too and that wont happen

but im more worried that...they would change too much and the game would be crap :(

but i have faith in HAL Laborotarys and Nintendo (i dont know how to spell Labarotarys if its wrong :( )

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Wavedashing isn't even hard...n00bs just give up on first try or say it's a cheat or some rashinal excuse...If anything happens(IMO)they should make an advanced "How To Play" after beating evreything on Very Hard or add it in after beating something to learn how to do it...Plus, we will probably find something to do with the newest crawling ability anyways, and WD is no secret to players anymore.

vinnieminnie

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't mind wavedash being in ssbb... but if the left the choice to me, then I'd chose to make it impossible... it makes to much difference between the not so noobs and the pro's...

vinnieminnie

Smash Cadet
I know... but my fingers can't keep up with al that button bashing xD I'm not sure about the fact if I could learn it... but even if I could do it... I wouldn't change my previous post...

I play with kirby... and I can't even shorthop... I can do it if I stand still... but if I always fulljump when really think that I need to shorthop... I think I'm just to slow to be able to shffle and sh*t...

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I know... but my fingers can't keep up with al that button bashing xD I'm not sure about the fact if I could learn it... but even if I could do it... I wouldn't change my previous post...

I play with kirby... and I can't even shorthop... I can do it if I stand still... but if I always fulljump when really think that I need to shorthop... I think I'm just to slow to be able to shffle and sh*t...
No offense, but Kirby sucks in Melee(might want to change)Plus, it's just two buttons and the joy stick. As for the short jump, practice in FD in training.(You don't need to be fast, just tap a little lighter)

vinnieminnie

Smash Cadet
No offense, but Kirby sucks in Melee(might want to change)Plus, it's just two buttons and the joy stick. As for the short jump, practice in FD in training.(You don't need to be fast, just tap a little lighter)
I know kirby sucks:) but i've been playing ssb64 for quite some time and i've always liked kirby in that game... and I could even win with him:p but then melee stepped in my gamecube and kirby sucked... but I kept playing with him because kirby rocks in his own way :D I hope he's not gonna be as good as he was in ssb64 because he would be overused and If I win with him... the opponent is gonna talk about the fact that everybody could win with kirby:( and I like to keep him for myself... then I would compeet in low tier tournaments with kirby and in high tier tournaments with a new character or with falco if he's in again:)

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
Kirby was too good in SSB so they made him crap in Melee :D

Well mario will be the same i hope^^ i played with him because he looked awesome in the How To Play video ^^ now he doesnt amaze me there but Mario is still the best!!!!

even in SSB^^

But im scared that there wont be a new advance technique with the crawling ability in SSBB and that it wont be as perfect as WD was i mean...it takes practice and its not easy to achieve in fight but....

What if the crawling ability gives us an even more powerful Advance Technique that makes us pawn strait away and the battle would go like this :

Fight,try the new technique,win

it wont be so obivious but... well i hope IF there will be one...

It has to be perfect and useful as WD is...

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Not to our knowledge...It's not in for nothing, plus it could have an ability like the WD.(your useless and you know it)
Yeah, right. A hidden super ability in crawling that will be on par with the wavedash, pray tell how mobile crouching will result in that?

You'll be able to move while crouch cancelling (that will actually be usefull) and move while doing down tilts, and maybe mindgame into a smash, by crawling towards your opponent then suddenly smashing since you can smash out of a crouch.

Aside from that, please tell me what uses you forsee for crawling? There won't be any Id put money on me being right here.

As for you calling me useless? Grow up please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom