• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WaveDashing In SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Hate to break it to ya but Air-Dodging into the ground to create a slide makes sense, exploiting mobile crouching has OBVIOUS uses, but there's not going to be any ''advanced'' techs related to crawling. If there is (Big if) then I'll eat my controller.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Hate to break it to ya but Air-Dodging into the ground to create a slide makes sense, exploiting mobile crouching has OBVIOUS uses, but there's not going to be any ''advanced'' techs related to crawling. If there is (Big if) then I'll eat my controller.
you want a little ketchup with that?

maybe you just don't see how such a move can be abused yet.

I mean, I can't either, but you never know :)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Nah Im pretty sure it's not going to produce an exploit even 1/4 as good as the wavedash. You're smoking crack if you think crawling is gonna give you something equal to, or better than the wavedash.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Nah Im pretty sure it's not going to produce an exploit even 1/4 as good as the wavedash. You're smoking crack if you think crawling is gonna give you something equal to, or better than the wavedash.
I never said it could be as epic as wavedashing. I just said it could produce an advanced tech.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
they're gonna nerf wavedash , like they nerfed L-cancel in Melee
Yeah its true, L cancel went from no lag to 1/2 the lag. But melee is SO fast it seems like after shffling you can attack almost instantly again anyway :)

I hope they don't nerf WDing :(

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Yeah, right. A hidden super ability in crawling that will be on par with the wavedash, pray tell how mobile crouching will result in that?

You'll be able to move while crouch cancelling (that will actually be usefull) and move while doing down tilts, and maybe mindgame into a smash, by crawling towards your opponent then suddenly smashing since you can smash out of a crouch.

Aside from that, please tell me what uses you forsee for crawling? There won't be any Id put money on me being right here.
I'm not sure that crawling will be exactly like CCing. It seems to be a sort of "mode" similarly to how in a game like Soul Calibur, you can assume different fighting stances (ie Voldo's crabwalk). I assume this, because of the way Snake rolls into his crawl on the trailer. Would it really be as easy as releasing down or pressing up to stand up as after a crouch? I dunno... maybe to prevent CCing they make it so you roll into a crouch like that if you duck while running. To begin crawling stationary, you can just duck.

MeloDeath

Smash Apprentice
What are all of you talking about ?
Crawling is a fun little addition, but it in no way has anything to do with the WD, let alone replace it !
Maybe crawling will produce some nice tactics, like CCing smashes while moving and stuff.
L-cancelling was a bit nerfed in SSBM, it was slowed down a bit, but the WD is not as uncounterable as a perfect SSB-l-cancel, so it doenst need nerfing... maybe something to get rid of all the smoke though :p
Anyways, the WD will see return, because:
1)Developpers left it in then, they'll leave it in now(somewhat altered)
2)Sakurai is aware of the competitive dudes like it.
3)There is no denying it significantly gives the game more depth.

Thino

Smash Master
They could , like , give it less range , which would make it totally useless with heavyweights , and a Ganon-like WD for Marth <_<

MeloDeath

Smash Apprentice
i couldnt give you a link, but i'm positive i've read itsomewhere.
btw cool DBR-style image of Zelda :)

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
No, it wasn't. But I don't see any reason to take WD out.

Smady

Smash Master
I believe someone said something about there being a program devoted to it... Not called Wavedash, but similar to it. Just because they didn't tell us doesn't mean they didn't mean for it to be in there. Maybe they wanted us to figure it out for ourselves. Who knows.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Well, removing the Wavedash would be too much problem for the devs, cuz the Wavedash is about the physics of the game. So if they wanted to remove it they would have to do a lot of things to the game's physics.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Eh, I'm not gonna complain if it's not in. Even though I want to hone it more and make it part of my repetoire (did I spell that right?), I'm not really going to gripe about its removal.

I'm not planning on participating in any major tourneys as of yet, and I do enough damage without advanced techs (though I shorthop, l-cancel, crouch cancel, and triangle jump a lot) in the matches I fight in every Tuesday after school.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
lol I wavedash even when i try not to its ingraved into my play style I couldnt possibly imagine the game without it
Lol same thing happens to me. Especially at school when I'll have a fun game of playing DK and try to wavedash to move and then get knee'd in the face because I'm caught off guard by me not wavedashing.

Fox Rox

Smash Apprentice
Well, removing the Wavedash would be too much problem for the devs, cuz the Wavedash is about the physics of the game. So if they wanted to remove it they would have to do a lot of things to the game's physics.
I don't think they would use the same physics engine in brawl, and if they do one would think they would edit it quite a bit. Like whatever they did from smash to melee.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
They never mentioned the physics so we don't know what we'll get but it looks a lot like the same old physics. SSB -> SSBM was a huge change, the console actually made a difference. Now it doesn't. Wii is just a Gamecube in a different shell, the graphics aren't much better and it certainly isn't a powerhouse so the designers will probably work with what they built on in SSBM.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
omgg

BRAWL BETTER HAVE EVERYTHING FROM MELEE AND MORE
Thats all im saying..
cuz if they take anything out......
all the effing hard work and effort we put to learn mindgames and techniques....
and the gameplay COMPLETELY CHANGES
THAT WOULD BE HOMO!!!

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I'm sure everyone will not play brawl if there's no L-cancel and wavedash on it. I personally like the fast paced style so if there's no L-cancel and no wavedash (for waveshine specially) I'll not play the game competitively and I probably wont buy the console.

But I think Nintendo knows these techniques that we have discovered through years, obviously not all of them but at least wavedash and L-cancel wich are the most popular, and I hope they keep them in

Mike B.

Smash Apprentice
It is comfermed that wavedashing will be in the game, in order to wavedash you need to do the air dodge to the ground. And since they will be keeping the air dodge, taking wavedashing out will make the game very glitchy.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
It is comfermed that wavedashing will be in the game, in order to wavedash you need to do the air dodge to the ground. And since they will be keeping the air dodge, taking wavedashing out will make the game very glitchy.
I'd like a sight where it says this because if it's true, I'll be happy...but if it's not, I'll still be(like now) hoping...

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Yeah thats right. Besides there's nothing we can do If nintendo decides to take out wavedash and L-cancel out of the game
Somehow I don't think they will take out l-canceling. Remember, in SSB64, there was z-canceling, which was I think is a little more powerful then l-canceling. The l-cancel in melee is just a toned down z-cancel. In my opinion, L-canceling is hard to pull off consistently. My conclusion that I came to is that Nintendo put L-canceling in on purpose. Also notice how it only reduces your lag in half, not to a 1 frame recovery like in ssb64.

As for wavedashing, well, I just hope Nintendo keeps it in, cause I like it.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I'd like a sight where it says this because if it's true, I'll be happy...but if it's not, I'll still be(like now) hoping...
You have to note that Nintendo will keep wavedashing on, and most likely L-canceling as well. Nintendo tries their best to make their gamers happy as possible. If they cut those off, not only the game will be changed a lot more, but the interest of the game will be lost as well and SSB series will go to a early grave.

ToyzSoldier

Smash Apprentice
I probably should've asked this earlier, but better late than never. What makes people think that wavedashing might not be coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom