• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedash and powershield a BETTER WAY: a GCN Controller Modification

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
i think i see what your gettin at with this and it really shouldnt be as hard as the directions are long. im gonna try this later.

soluti0n

Smash Rookie
I personally wouldnt want to use a modified controller. I would feel like I was cheating I wouldnt mind if someone was using a modded controller playing against me as long as they cleared it with me first.

Nucks

Smash Apprentice
If I owned a GC, I still won't do it. If I got used to that "cheated" controller, I'll be unable to use any other. That'll be a problem.

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
Same here. I want to be able to play the game with the original controls so I can perform at my best no matter where I am and without having to bring around and rely on a crutch.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Not to mention I don't like how some people are saying stuff like, "No one will ever know! You can't tell just by looking!" Heaven forbid we play the game 100% honestly. :laugh:

ledjin

Smash Apprentice
I dunno if someone posted this -I read 3 pages, but I refuse to read the 12 pages- but you can also mod the controller resetting the controller with X, Y and start, and full dtilt on the stick to make bat dropping alot easier with Ganondorf for example, though it´s for 1P.... just a thought about modding the controller :)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
umm i have a question:
will the controller work without its back portion on?

ak47

Smash Journeyman
u know that controller is band from any tournament its against the rules to play with a controller that makes it easyer for the player..

Falco101

Smash Journeyman
x1_11 said:
Well, no I can't try before I post because the TV is being used. And even if I could, why would I try it if I didn't think it would work? And, it was just a question. You could just say "no, it wouldn't".
touché... i hate people that try and regulate posts, as if their post didn't waste just as much space as yours

and by the way, i am pretty sure this space is not "wasteable" anyway

Yoshi in Style

Smash Apprentice
Fenrir said:
Same here. I want to be able to play the game with the original controls so I can perform at my best no matter where I am and without having to bring around and rely on a crutch.
You're right. Real pro's don't use cheats to get through.

Dio_Setera

Smash Cadet
Okay, I know that any Modifications on a controller are illegale in tounament play, what about recalibration?

I won't use either, but I just want to know if I could be playing some other guy with a slight advantage.

TheFrasmus

Smash Rookie
You can´t really ban recalibration from tourneys becouse of that it´s so easy to do( takes 3 seconds ) And nobody will notice.

BUT, Your tilts will be a pain in the a** to perform.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Controller mods would ruin the skill in smash plus its more rewarding getting wavedashes and powershields by yourself anyway.

Pneuma

Smash Ace
I don't see where he argued the ethics of this mod. Just how to do it. Nothing to do with tournament play, rewards, punishments, or anything of the sort.

Can someone let this 3+ year old topic die?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
y would u go to the trouble of taking apart ur controller when u could learn to do those things in half an hour? or at least i did.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to try this out on my 5 year abused controlers. Thanks!
Is there a modification to stop any control stick problens.
EX: My character will always run left, and when I press right, he just stops.
I've tried quite a lot, but haven't taken it apart. Would a Mod work?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Well this was useless for any tournament go-ers, and imagine the ridicule when someone plays with, or examines your controller. Thanks but I'll learn it the normal way.

Jibeuz

Smash Cadet
Does someone knows if it exist a gamecube controller with some ventilation system instead of the vibration system? Thanks !

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
Only n00bs who lack skill modify their controllers. And if no one has realized, Smash takes tremendous skill. There should be no way around it. That's what makes it fun and competitive.

To mod a controller is like an athlete taking steroids. It's plain out cheating.

Daniel_the_Seraph

Smash Ace
I read the OP and assumed it was a new topic since it was on page one and was thoroughly confused

"WTF this **** is old as Jesus"

The first few replies didn't help.

pockeystick

Smash Apprentice
@blowtoes "Marth counters the punch and taunts". I am fairly new to melee and I want to wave dash perfectly, don't hate me for being a noob and for taking the easiest route to victory. I can still wavedash good I just want to do it better.

Top Bottom