• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video Thread

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
You could get a LOT more damage off the bike if you wheelied as soon as you made contact with your opponent. It adds 6-8% more damage on every hit with the bike, and it makes it harder to punish if your opponent is blocking too. Just make sure to press down as soon as possible so that you don't kill yourself (you can't jump off the bike during a wheelie).

Last edited:

Vengeance_NS

Smash Journeyman
Ur wario plays identical to mine except I don't go in as much and commit on unsafe attacks. Your use of fair is very good keep using that more and try to bait just a little bit more into the opponent whiffing then punish. Overall I absolutely love ur wario and that set could have been urs I feel if u just played a bit more patient.

Vengeance_NS

Smash Journeyman
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7c-ZKTh76K0

Here is the gluttony video of him getting 2nd place at the European major. He like many warios are still trying to play a brawl style wario tho it's effective and he makes it to grand finals he would have won if he played less risky and played More safe and lamed it out more at times instead of always trying to rush in. It is quite funny watching the Diddy player run from wario cause usually it's the other way around. I think Diddy wario is 5-5. The Diddy match is around 48 mins and the last 9 mins of the video is grand finals. Yeah wario is still amazing like I said he's not even playing wario optimally.

mmik

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmikleson
I don't get new vs old still because I didn't play old. I'm gonna up a good and bad video of me playing when I can do I can figure out what I'm doing.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

Here is the gluttony video of him getting 2nd place at the European major. He like many warios are still trying to play a brawl style wario tho it's effective and he makes it to grand finals he would have won if he played less risky and played More safe and lamed it out more at times instead of always trying to rush in. It is quite funny watching the Diddy player run from wario cause usually it's the other way around. I think Diddy wario is 5-5. The Diddy match is around 48 mins and the last 9 mins of the video is grand finals. Yeah wario is still amazing like I said he's not even playing wario optimally.
I have a question: how do you play Brawl Wario?

Vengeance_NS

Smash Journeyman
I have a question: how do you play Brawl Wario?
My wario was very similar to Gluttonys wario in brawl except I didn't always commit and played a bit more safe. lot of top warios from brawl SKY Hunger had this similar aggressive style and liked to play up close and very offensive. My wario on this game while is aggressive its a diff type. I corner opponents with First frame Fairs and make them feel like that have to back up and I mix up a solid ground Attack as well but I'm patient and I bait a **** ton and punish whiffed attacks which is optimally warios best playstyle.

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman

I saw all of Gluttony's matches, that's some great stuff.

Anyone who still thinks Wario's Nair is bad needs to check this stuff out.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
not enough wario video! so i take one in GLORY.
take note that i'm not a pro but i really NEED advice from you guys
this shulk only use smash attack. it was easy to kill after 1min of knowing this.

So check this out : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S8Y1GU8tcg&feature=youtu.be

i know i know... some of my movies are in the screen and sorry...for the quality, the camera foucus begin at 1 min.

Last edited:

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
@ Spinosaurus Spinosaurus
Great stuff. I love the reverse bites.

But I gotta say, you are losing out on a lot of potential damage by not comboing your bike hits. Always do it whenever you can, tagging an extra 6-8% to ever bike hit is incredibly useful.

Vengeance_NS

Smash Journeyman
Feedback please! Any way to imrpove?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u35mvcmNCp4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2_vbml42y8

It's For Glory but I have to make due. It's my only way to play with real people right now. :|

Sorry about the awful shaky phone camera
Solid stuff. Try to not use bike so much offline it's terrible against good players its to easy to shield or nair u off. It shouldn't be used as a primary approach tool(I find myself using it in for glory to much as well). Instead do more FH first frame fairs to pressure ur opponent. Be a little more patient with ur wafts too either power shield punish someone or bait a air dodge on recovery and hit them after the dodge to get the guaranteed kill. Pretty solid looking tho.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
Disappointing that he doesn't have a shoulder bash, but whatever.

I think Garlic Breath fits his character as a special move more than Chomp. I can't wait to use him.
Chomp is based off Warios world i think, which may be while they included the suck power as a custom.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
I might be repin some wario with my yoshi at apex. Still think hes stronger against mario than yoshi is.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Cheers Wafty. Will edit tomorrow when I'm not so tired.

Also just a quick observation @ Magik0722 Magik0722
I feel like you're committing to the bike a bit too much. Seems like you got punished for using it more times than it's worth.
Otherwise definitely really solid. Really love your use of FAir among other things.

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice
how did you fall off the bike at 1:23?
Thought it was weird initially too. I ran right over the banana, so I guess it just pulled me off instead of tripping me since I wasn't on my feet?

Heres how Esam ended my whole career.. watch 2nd match for lels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6uhuDjcDwA
I
JMO, but I felt you could've used more d-tilts against this Pikachu. And your f-airs seems too high instead of short hops.
Also, try faking people out on the bike. If they see you're far away, they'll jump in anticipating of n-air or f-airing you off the bike at face level. If you don't move your bike they'll jump and attack based on guessing the timing, and when they miss you burst right in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Pikachu looks like a really annoying match-up, considering that the ridiculous amount of disjoint they added to his forward air lets him wall Wario's air approaches all day long now.

At least the bite addresses Quick Attack easily enough.

Last edited:

Vengeance_NS

Smash Journeyman
I think wario does pretty good against pika chu. Reflex vs esam was so pretty close matches. I feel the matchup is 5-5. I think as time passes we'll get more comfortable with the mu. Wafty was I close to winning that first game and there was so many things that could have been done better.

Wafty

Smash Apprentice
I totally agree, Wario vs Pika is either 50-50 or in our favor. Esam just outplayed me, after that first stock of the 2nd game i was mentally done.

Vengeance_NS

Smash Journeyman
@ Wafty Wafty You played that first match so good wafty. Your wario is getting very good. I can't wait to see how u progress in the next few months. Who do u feel are the worst 3 mus for us and how bad are they.

Last edited:

Wafty

Smash Apprentice
Thanks that really means alot. From what I've played so far I'd have to say Sheik, Rosalina and Shulk are the most painful MUs, although I havent played a good C. Falcon or Fox yet so we'll see how they do vs Wario. Diddy and Yoshi are hard but not as hard as the 3 I listed in the beginning. Also, really random but I think ZSS is 50/50

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
What inputs are you guys using to do short hop fast fall nairs while moving forward or backwards? I've been trying to practice them, but often times I do fairs or bairs by mistake, or I have trouble fast falling while trying to move horizontally. Do you input jump and attack before hitting any directional inputs, or jump, left/right, release direction, attack, then continue with left/right and down?

Or does it depend on situation? For example, you would input attack first if jumping with opponent right next to you, and direction first if jumping towards opponent.

Also, when do you use nairs vs fairs on grounded opponents? I see people doing mostly short hopped nairs and full hopped retreating fairs, but not sure when to use each.

Vengeance_NS

Smash Journeyman
I use Y to jump. So Y slide my hand to A then the direction of the nair then down.

Vengeance_NS

Smash Journeyman
Top Bottom