• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video Thread

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Some matches from the Gwinnett Brawl in May.

vs. RtN Limbs (Tiny Brawler, 1122):

vs. DMG Lord Mix (Bowser):

vs. Fatality (Captain Falcon):

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321

Great sets, your usage of nair amazes me each time I watch these sets. I've been looking at nair wrong in terms of how it can be used after seeing these, take note people !

Last edited:

Plug

Smash Rookie

You are a good player and all but your success is due to wario having good MUs against falcon and megaman. You would not be power ranked in any other region

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Whats the idea with all the nair to nairs?
Combos well against heavy dudes, gets them toward the edge, solid damage if both hits land, doesn't end your combo like U-Air tends to, allows you to punish airdodges though the punish is often slight.

Snorley

Smash Cadet
You are a good player and all but your success is due to wario having good MUs against falcon and megaman. You would not be power ranked in any other region
IT just shows how much of an idiot you are. What are you doing on this thread to begin with?

Plug

Smash Rookie
IT just shows how much of an idiot you are. What are you doing on this thread to begin with?
How am i an idiot for stating the obvious?? Wario is a mid tier char that relies on a janky gimmick for wins (waft). Reflex is good but he is not a national threat and the only reason he is relevant is because he competes in a weak region. I mean cmon, he had to beat a bowser to go to grand finals lol, bowser is free

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
Lol at best he goes even with mm and falcon. You don't know Wario or what you're talking about. Many lower level warios are ranked or were ranked recently in their respective regions.

Last edited:

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
https://youtu.be/nqA2W52BS4E
C4 (Wario) vs Rice (Mario)
Any feedback would be appreciated, Mario is probably one of the MUs I struggle with the most so any info will be helpful

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Forgot about my matches at Vs. Huntsville a few weeks ago. These recordings were all taken after I got put in Losers Bracket by SHADE, a Huntsville Bayonetta.

vs. Thundersz (Fox):

vs. Arkaizer (Meta Knight):

vs. Spade (Captain Falcon):

vs. Mahgnittoc (Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr.):

vs. Dog w/Hips (Lucario):

WRECK-IT MUNDO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
warionino129
3DS FC
4811-8008-0796
Forgot about my matches at Vs. Huntsville a few weeks ago. These recordings were all taken after I got put in Losers Bracket by SHADE, a Huntsville Bayonetta.

vs. Thundersz (Fox):

vs. Arkaizer (Meta Knight):

vs. Spade (Captain Falcon):

vs. Mahgnittoc (Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr.):

vs. Dog w/Hips (Lucario):
Long time no see 3 stocks! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who plays Wario on 3 stocks tourneys!

Snorley

Smash Cadet
Long time no see 3 stocks! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who plays Wario on 3 stocks tourneys!
as much as i enjoy 3 stocks I personally think its bad practice considering on a national level (and most regionals) have 2 stocks as the standard..

WRECK-IT MUNDO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
warionino129
3DS FC
4811-8008-0796
as much as i enjoy 3 stocks I personally think its bad practice considering on a national level (and most regionals) have 2 stocks as the standard..
The only exception is if you're practising for an event in Europe, which isn't that bad either. You can always think this is a 2 stock match if you're playing a 3 stock one. It won't hurt you as much as you think though.

Snorley

Smash Cadet
The only exception is if you're practising for an event in Europe, which isn't that bad either. You can always think this is a 2 stock match if you're playing a 3 stock one. It won't hurt you as much as you think though.
but it does if its the other way around

TheBlackGuyGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheBlackGuyGamer
Last edited:

Saltyman

I'm Already Dead Inside
NNID
JustAnotherNoob
Throw some stuff at me. I'm Kinda new to this whole "Smash boards" thing.

I have a Rosa Problem.

Xaltis is the only Rosa at a high level that i have the most trouble with.
and i keep hearing people say it's 50/50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0NmhNbVmL0&feature=youtu.be&list=PLe5wMxoIpgfpOdMfqL_qwB4_XPAreNorO

this is the best i've done vs her.
Rip me a new one guys, i need all the help/criticism right now.
Bad options in the air and not harassing Luma nearly enough. Falling Nair is much better against R&L for hitting Luma through shield or interupting their actions. Definitely need to get to the sides of her in the air and get back to the stage quicker.

Running away and just throwing the bike across the screen is great for racking up cheap damage on Luma, keep in mind this is one of the few "projectiles" Rosalina & Luma can't deal with effectivey. That's a huge factor for Wario in the matchup. There was a few times you threw it onstage in dangerous situations.

Some options like Chomp aren't particularly useful here, but sometimes you can use an immediate backthrow to hit Luma as well. Great punishes with Waft though, probably won't combo into that or land a raw one on Rosa. Uptilt literally beats all her aerials and has a surprisngly wide hitbox, it's basically free damage on her neutral air. You can ff neutral air into uptilt or uptilt into neutral air against Rosalina & Luma. I spent forever testing out Warios hitboxes against some of the top tiers :pDownsmash is normally pretty jank, but it can end up seperating Rosalina & Luma. You will need to take out Luma or seperate them and keep the pressure on Rosalina before you can do much in the match. Battlefield is harder to use the bike on, but Wario is the master at sharking through platforms. You weren't punishing those landings.

Try to go on more open maps and abuse the Wario Bike. Seriously Luma just gets hit everytime and you can play the keepaway game more. Rosalina doesn't like long matches against Wario in 2-stock. No need to rush it. That Rosa really likes to play with her Luma right next to her.

Last edited:

TheBlackGuyGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheBlackGuyGamer
Bad options in the air and not harassing Luma nearly enough. Falling Nair is much better against R&L for hitting Luma through shield or interupting their actions. Definitely need to get to the sides of her in the air and get back to the stage quicker.

Running away and just throwing the bike across the screen is great for racking up cheap damage on Luma, keep in mind this is one of the few "projectiles" Rosalina & Luma can't deal with effectivey. That's a huge factor for Wario in the matchup. There was a few times you threw it onstage in dangerous situations.

Some options like Chomp aren't particularly useful here, but sometimes you can use an immediate backthrow to hit Luma as well. Great punishes with Waft though, probably won't combo into that or land a raw one on Rosa. Uptilt literally beats all her aerials and has a surprisngly wide hitbox, it's basically free damage on her neutral air. You can ff neutral air into uptilt or uptilt into neutral air against Rosalina & Luma. I spent forever testing out Warios hitboxes against some of the top tiers :pDownsmash is normally pretty jank, but it can end up seperating Rosalina & Luma. You will need to take out Luma or seperate them and keep the pressure on Rosalina before you can do much in the match. Battlefield is harder to use the bike on, but Wario is the master at sharking through platforms. You weren't punishing those landings.

Try to go on more open maps and abuse the Wario Bike. Seriously Luma just gets hit everytime and you can play the keepaway game more. Rosalina doesn't like long matches against Wario in 2-stock. No need to rush it. That Rosa really likes to play with her Luma right next to her.

Thanks man, I have noticed that a lot about my play VS Rosa. I feel like past me was too scared of waiting it out for some reason. I did not know that D-Smash is a good tool in the MU. I gotta test that After CEO. But other than that, i will keep everything you said in my notes! Thanks Bud!

Uffe

Smash Hero
Hopefully I'll have a few more posted up, but here are the current two that I have uploaded. I'd just like some criticism on what I could be doing better or differently. I don't believe I've ever watched a how-to Wario video or Wario in general, so forgive me if my Wario doesn't look polished. Anyway, the videos:

Last edited:

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
Hi, Wario is my second, I would like your advices about this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R05mTL57AtU

Could you say me if I play well Wario, what about my playstyle ?
The only thing that stuck out to me is you were approaching with side B a lot. That works well online because players can't react to it as fast, and it works well against players who don't know the matchup. But against good players who know the matchup, they'll punish you for it almost every time.

Last edited:

Alexis357

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alexis357
3DS FC
4210-4531-2184
Thanks for the feedback, Axel311, I appreciate it. I'm working on my approach and popping the bike on the edge for often.

I could be better. Any pointers?

It seems that you have trouble to place your attacks, and even if you land them, they don't do a lot of damage, except for the ultra charged waft that you placed well. I can recommand you to grab a bit for often, up throw and back throw can help you to land a good aerial attack as back air or up air.
Also, try to use your bike as a bait machine, you can even try to leave it on stage and throw it on the face of your opponent.

Hope it helps. :)

Uffe

Smash Hero
Thanks for the feedback, Axel311, I appreciate it. I'm working on my approach and popping the bike on the edge for often.

It seems that you have trouble to place your attacks, and even if you land them, they don't do a lot of damage, except for the ultra charged waft that you placed well. I can recommand you to grab a bit for often, up throw and back throw can help you to land a good aerial attack as back air or up air.
Also, try to use your bike as a bait machine, you can even try to leave it on stage and throw it on the face of your opponent.

Hope it helps. :)
You're right. With Wario, I tend to just avoid attacking straight on and I use fair a lot because it works. I know it becomes an obvious choice, but I feel like it is his safest aerial. And you're right, I don't do enough grabs. I main Ness, so I feel like Wario kind of lacks what Ness has, so I'm afraid to just go in. I do seem to place Waft pretty well against my opponents. A lot of times it's due to watching what they throw out first so I can land it. I generally use it offstage if I can so I can get early kills, especially since it leaves my opponents in a bad spot. And it's true, I don't grab often with Wario, which is weird since I main Ness and Ness likes his grabs. With any character, I avoid u-throw unless I know it'll kill. But if he can combo using u-throw into an attack, perhaps I should try that. I'm afraid to leave my bike out because of the possible early death people might get on me. Especially against Villager and his dumb Pocket. Is the baiting when you go off stage and bike into the ledge? I seem to die when I do that. I'll admit, I don't go into training mode with Wario. I kind of just use him against players and hope I can win. But I also like using him because I'm hoping he'll teach me how to space better with Ness and because he's just a really fun character to use. Thanks for the tips. I'll keep those in mind the next time.

Alexis357

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alexis357
3DS FC
4210-4531-2184
You're right. With Wario, I tend to just avoid attacking straight on and I use fair a lot because it works. I know it becomes an obvious choice, but I feel like it is his safest aerial. And you're right, I don't do enough grabs. I main Ness, so I feel like Wario kind of lacks what Ness has, so I'm afraid to just go in. I do seem to place Waft pretty well against my opponents. A lot of times it's due to watching what they throw out first so I can land it. I generally use it offstage if I can so I can get early kills, especially since it leaves my opponents in a bad spot. And it's true, I don't grab often with Wario, which is weird since I main Ness and Ness likes his grabs. With any character, I avoid u-throw unless I know it'll kill. But if he can combo using u-throw into an attack, perhaps I should try that. I'm afraid to leave my bike out because of the possible early death people might get on me. Especially against Villager and his dumb Pocket. Is the baiting when you go off stage and bike into the ledge? I seem to die when I do that. I'll admit, I don't go into training mode with Wario. I kind of just use him against players and hope I can win. But I also like using him because I'm hoping he'll teach me how to space better with Ness and because he's just a really fun character to use. Thanks for the tips. I'll keep those in mind the next time.
Ah ah, you're not totally wrong, Wario's F-air is not Sheik's one, but in some angles it can combo if you're opponent don't DI or react well. ^^
Actually, I find Wario's grab game really good, it does a lot of damage apart for back throw and the angles are generally favorable, forward throw is one of the best of its kind to K-O.
But the problem is that any of his throws are able to combo, this is often a 50/50 situation, but it's quite normal. Wario is a Bait & Punish character and he has to anticipate his opponents behaviour. Does he will attack, air dodge, tech or jump after your throw ? This makes Wario a complicated character to play.

Wario's Bike has a lot of options, if you opponent likes to do aerial attacks, you can use your Bike but in a slow motion, maybe he will try to attack to eject you because he thought that you would accelerate with your Bike, after his miss, this is the moment to punish, you can even rise the Wheel for extra damage.

As you said, bike on the stage can work as a baiting, but it's better to have your "weapon" close of you at the ledge so can throw it. There are several angles for this, but you will probably often throw it upward, this is useful before a up-throw.
You should'nt be afraid about missing your Bike, Wario's recovery is decent even without his waft.

I can advise you to Watch My Smash Corner videos about Wario on YouTubei f you didn't , he provides a lot of tricks about this. :)

Here is a good one for you : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faMvl0XYXAc

Uffe

Smash Hero
Ah ah, you're not totally wrong, Wario's F-air is not Sheik's one, but in some angles it can combo if you're opponent don't DI or react well. ^^
Actually, I find Wario's grab game really good, it does a lot of damage apart for back throw and the angles are generally favorable, forward throw is one of the best of its kind to K-O.
But the problem is that any of his throws are able to combo, this is often a 50/50 situation, but it's quite normal. Wario is a Bait & Punish character and he has to anticipate his opponents behaviour. Does he will attack, air dodge, tech or jump after your throw ? This makes Wario a complicated character to play.

Wario's Bike has a lot of options, if you opponent likes to do aerial attacks, you can use your Bike but in a slow motion, maybe he will try to attack to eject you because he thought that you would accelerate with your Bike, after his miss, this is the moment to punish, you can even rise the Wheel for extra damage.

As you said, bike on the stage can work as a baiting, but it's better to have your "weapon" close of you at the ledge so can throw it. There are several angles for this, but you will probably often throw it upward, this is useful before a up-throw.
You should'nt be afraid about missing your Bike, Wario's recovery is decent even without his waft.

I can advise you to Watch My Smash Corner videos about Wario on YouTubei f you didn't , he provides a lot of tricks about this. :)

Here is a good one for you : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faMvl0XYXAc
I'll have to test Wario's grab range and compare it to Ness'. Sometimes I'll go for d-tilt > grab. With grab, I like to d-throw > dash attack. It works at times, and I don't know if it's a true combo, but it has worked for me on a few occasions. It might only work depending on the opponent's percentage, and heavy characters. Sometimes i feel like the bike will leave me open, but there have been times it has gotten people off my case. I'll have to watch the Smash Corner video later. I recall seeing the title before, but I never bothered looking into it.

Top Bottom