• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
i think you need to use youre bite more bro seriously instead of doing fairs ,uairs use bite it will **** up his spotdodge and shield spam. Also try to get more tires on stage. And dont dash attack is hella risky! Play more campy also!

:phone:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
If anyone needs someone to update videos, I wouldn't mind trying it. It would give me a reason to come on more which I need.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Wario vs D3 do you wanna put that one up? I think they aren't half bad matches, and tires reeeeally are fun and helpful against King D3!

bassem6

Smash Lord
will take a look at your videos and comment later reflex. Trying to reclaim my hacked diablo 3 account at the moment :(

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Duuuuude really legit matches. I really like your style against Diddy Kong, you play really safe but at the same time keep lots of pressure on the lil monkey by using his bananas against him!

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Reflex those matches were fantastic. Stupendous. Amazing even! However I noticed that you really use Wario's Bair a lotttt more than I do, while you use Nair a bit less. In the matches against Kismet, you landed a lot with Bair and were really stuck in heavy lag, when using a Nair would not only be safer but possibly allow for more followups.

For your item game, against Diddy was phenomenal. You have bananas down to a tee, good placement and really good setups from the item throws and slips. Tires are a bit different, however. I noticed that with bananas you really favor shorthop Z drops and then you mix it up with aerials or ground moves. However shorthop z dropping tires is almost completely useless. The tire gets almost no bounce from this move, and thus the lasting hitbox is gone almost instantly. Z dropping tires is good from higher up (like double jump or full hop) because you get some bounce and have more room to mix in aerials or bite.

You should definitely try Uthrowing them instead of Fthrowing! The one time I saw you Uthrow a tire (so far in the Kismet set), you scored a neat little grab combo out of it. More of those neat little combos could happen.

Also on breaking the bike: try using more aerials. Against Falco (much like ROB), breaking the bike can be tricky. Constant lasers and reflectors can really make picking up the bike and throwing it a hassle, so try breaking it with your quick aerials like Fair and Nair. This unstales your stronger moves, and you are not as open to lasers as you would be if you had to....run over.... *grunt* piiiiick up the bike.... *grrrrrunnnnttttt* throwwwwwwsss itt uppppp............ soooo slowwwwwwww................. lol. It's like Fair *shield* quick Nair *bam* dodge *part of Dair* and boom the tires are out. Uthrow those babies to create a lasting hitbox, and from there just do what you normally do (only now there is more danger for Falco).

xzx

Smash Lord
Nice Reflex! I saw you did a couple of DLCHs. Did you knew how to done it before? ;)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yes; I didn't know there was a shorthop version beforehand. I've always done it this way.

We really shouldn't put Double Jump in the name, for fear it will confuse people.

xzx

Smash Lord
Then why didn't you shared? =(

Yep, it may be confusing. Any suggestions of a new name? Full Hop Chopper Hop?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If we need to separate the two, that makes the most sense to me. Is there any significant lack of bounce on the shorthop version that could be used to keep the bike on the stage?

xzx

Smash Lord
I think the higher the bike is, the more it travels (distancewise). I'm not sure about the bounces, but I am pretty sure it bounces the same amount. The bike can only bounce 1-3 times before it stops. Mostly it bounces 2 times from a DJ. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
It seems to me that Double jump chopper hopping and full hop Ch are the same. What do you think?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I'd like to apologize for such my long........absence.

I was glad that I could help update this for a few months, but let's just say....I got distracted for quite a bit. I'm looking forward to see what Labernash has to offer and I hope nobody's upset with me for not updating like I should've. I only took up the responsibility because nobody else would, anyway.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Fuujin, if you just shoehorned Negative Man into all your posts, I would like them a lot more.

Croi

Smash Lord
I do not know how to Snake :/

Respect to billy, though, out of everyone in my region, he probably has the most raw skill. He just prefers to play Starcraft 2 instead,

CsxMark

Smash Cadet
NNID
MarkLv7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1qpzQ65Gao&list=HL1340330595&feature=mh_lolz CsxMark (Wario/Fox) vs Tyrant (MK/Falco)

Critique please? I used wario 1st and 3rd game and got beat badly lol. Just wanna know what I could've done better.

Also as far as doubles goes... I'll just post a vid hopefully experienced doubles players can help me on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZYHhLwnmvA&feature=my_favorites&list=FL0Lf7HtWPa_EkZnOxfkHWYg CsxMark/Scizor (Wario/MK) vs Sk92/Lycan (Falco-MK/MK-Snake)

xzx

Smash Lord
I'd say camp more. Wario has sometimes too little space to do something. Find openings and poke much. Waft as much as possible. Double jump less. Create space between your opponents and then strike.

Otherwise, keep up the good work! =)

Lord Chair

Smash Master
dont ever end up on BF against wolf (or yoshis :p)

doesnt the CG on wolf work from 20%+?

note that whenever he did a ground>air transition (FH aerials, FH shine) he'd airdodge back to the ground, you kept trying to punish it when you were in a position in which that just wasnt realistically possible, this is what bothers me about the wolf MU too: too often its too difficult to punish something you hard read because you have to space away so much you cant actually punish mistakes all that well

jump less

generally i feel like you played the MU too fast considering the stages you were playing on, platforms are especially bad because a main strength of wario is threatening with committed dair approaches, if wolf is given cover against that he becomes really hard to touch, his fair is really broken and the character seems designed to be frustrating to punish

the gameplay seemed very linear and not really respecting the different aspects of the MU, you didnt even get to the point of getting frustrated with certain walls (like fair) or wolfs shield pressure game (which should at some point have to be faced, you cant keep jumping!)

its actually a really hard and tedious matchup to play and learn, ending up on sv/lylat/fd wouldve done a lot for your and i dont know why you ended up counterpicking yoshis (provided this is a tournament set, i guess it isnt?)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
dont ever end up on BF against wolf (or yoshis :p)

doesnt the CG on wolf work from 20%+?

note that whenever he did a ground>air transition (FH aerials, FH shine) he'd airdodge back to the ground, you kept trying to punish it when you were in a position in which that just wasnt realistically possible, this is what bothers me about the wolf MU too: too often its too difficult to punish something you hard read because you have to space away so much you cant actually punish mistakes all that well

jump less

generally i feel like you played the MU too fast considering the stages you were playing on, platforms are especially bad because a main strength of wario is threatening with committed dair approaches, if wolf is given cover against that he becomes really hard to touch, his fair is really broken and the character seems designed to be frustrating to punish

the gameplay seemed very linear and not really respecting the different aspects of the MU, you didnt even get to the point of getting frustrated with certain walls (like fair) or wolfs shield pressure game (which should at some point have to be faced, you cant keep jumping!)

its actually a really hard and tedious matchup to play and learn, ending up on sv/lylat/fd wouldve done a lot for your and i dont know why you ended up counterpicking yoshis (provided this is a tournament set, i guess it isnt?)
SKTAR rules--Battlefield/Smashville/Final Destination are neutrals. Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, and Pokémon Stadium 1 were counterpicks. No Dave's Stupid Rule.

Chaingrab on Wolf goes from 59% to 200%, I believe. That's what our AT thread says, anyway. I know that 20% was a starting number that used to be thrown around, though.

Since I'll never be playing at a tournament with a stagelist this conservative again, what stages should I prefer and which stages should I avoid? I lost to Kain at Vengeance a few months ago, too. This appears to be a matchup I just don't understand the ins and outs of at all.

Top Bottom