• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Holy **** Reflex, some of those SDIs are amazing (the match against Falco seems to be pretty random as well).

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It sucks; I had a set against Kismet that had really impressive play from both sides, but the replays appear to have been deleted.

But, yeah; if you know when you're gonna get hit, it's not difficult to SDI a great deal on certain moves.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Reflex, y u so gewd? SDI to tech. Sick.

Croi, good stuff against Nysyarc! I think once Krestedez finally lets go of number 5, I think you're top 5 Wario's for sure.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
OOOOMGGGGGGGGGG REFLEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am at work cheering aloud and clapping. BEST. MATCH. EVER. Against Spade, that is. That was one of the coolest and most awesome matches EVER! Your tire game has evolved leaps and bounds since I last viewed your Wario! FREAKIN good job man! The combos were Uber ****. The reads were Too Good. The farts were..... PHENOMENAL!

I'll watch the next match when I get off work. Also I'm really excited to see so many videos posted by Croi! Smash video night WOOOHOO!! :D

Hey sweet just watched your second set Reflex! Damn dude either your opponents suck, you completely **** or both at the same time. I am highly confident that it is option #2: you ****!!!!! The chaingrab against Falco was toooo good, as were your reads. I also really like how you get your bike out, it trades a bit of flexibility for safety! You can get some really sweeeet angles by throwing your bike off that platform, I love how you used it to gimp Marth! That was utterly brilliant! Reflex for best Wario! :D

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Spade is a rather solid player, but he overcommits a lot against characters with good horizontal aerial mobility and has a bad habit of spotdodging when he feels uncomfortable (which happens a lot, since I'm using Wario and I'm a better player overall). Once he learns how to keep me at bay, he'll do significantly better.

That said, I really want to see where this whole "punish opportunities due to hitlag from the bike" thing goes. That was my main thought in the matches against Marth, and it was working pretty well. I think it has potential.

Also, thanks for the compliments. I'll see if I can get this "SDI into the ground" thing down to a science so I can describe exactly what to do for that.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You flail downwards when they are about to hit you and do the tech

It's fun doing it, I don't know what % it stops working at.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Is it double stick SDI? Smash the control stick diagonally downwards, smash the c-stick directly donwards. Or maybe it's the other way around...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Is it double stick SDI? Smash the control stick diagonally downwards, smash the c-stick directly donwards. Or maybe it's the other way around...
I just try to quarter-circle from down-forward to down-back repeatedly with the Control Stick, but I'm not sure how many inputs are necessary to make it happen.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Doooood, that match on Delfino was SKETCHY!!

Again, Croi for number 5 spot. Krystedez. Get in here!

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
DAMN dude that was sick SDI! Totally saved your life, then you score an Uair immediately for the win! Freakin awesooome! :D

You played very well against Atilla's ICs as well! You're lucky he kept dropping his grabs haha, playing against a consistent ICs suuuuucks haha. Wario can really put the hurt on Nana though with Nair and ESPECIALLY the bike and tires! Wario can avoid getting grabbed well enough as it is, with the bike and tires he is a MONSTER! Once you get the two separated, Nana is really easy to **** with items. She doesn't dodge much, a shorthop item throw can consistently lead into strong aerials or a fart. Plus the bike can hamper their recovery exceptionally well!

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Duuuuude Redshadow that set against Diddy was so good! I really love your banana game, fantastic and tricky uses of bananas scored you some really sweet kills! I literally cheered aloud at the end of the first match! :D

i really think you could translate your proficiency with items into a legitimate tire game. Tires are similar to bananas in the fact that they can be effective when paired with Z dropping, something I noticed you favored in the match. Having the bike out against Diddy can be a good thing too, since it is basically a wall against standing banana throws.

Watching the next matches soon!

Alright, just finished watching your set against Espy and DAMN! What a legit Sonic player! You really used bite quite well in the matchup but it looked like you were overcome with Sonic combos! I wonder if tires would help in this matchup? I bet many Sonics would be taken by surprise by a large bouncing bike, bouncing tires may also interfere with his spin game. I do not know how Sonic's spin handles the tires at this moment. It could very well just slice through them, as hitboxes generally destroy the rubber tires. They would definitely help out in the range department though, the main problem against Sonic is really just catching the bugger! :p

Okay just finished watching your matches against Paw the ZSS player! Really great matches! My good friend plays ZSS so I can give you a few pointers on the matchup :) the edgecrashing and Dthrowing the bike can really mess up ZSS if she's recovering low. Dthrowing the bike makes it advance forward slowly, when you do it near the ledge then it pretty much is death to anyone using a tether recovery. Tires are also really great against ZSS, thanks to her limited Out of Shield options. You can really pressure her with tires effectively, while risking relatively little in terms of punishment.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Legittt matches Xatic! Your Wario is really good in doubles!

Fun match against Pokemon Trainer

Items are pretty damn good against Charizard and Ivysaur. Squirtle can get around them pretty well, it may be better just to go toe to toe with him lol.

Xatic

Smash Lord
Thanks xD

The next tourney I'm hitting up in SnooPingAsUsual in Ann Arbor, MI on May 5th

I'll be teaming with a :yoshi: main (any advice? LOL)

not sure how many entrants yet but its looking like ~35-40

Will post vids if there is any

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Ooooooomg Reflex you are so damn good! You seriously made those pros look like noobs haha. Great job kicking ***!!

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Sets from Xanadu:

1$ MM vs Seagull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JciyjidLlU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u79Gp6dtSfA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wivOstQq4HI

R2 set vs Coney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwZXcZYA8GI

LB R3 set vs Otime (MD rob)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWsH-toUOrc

I have no idea whether the 2nd match of me vs Seagull wasn't saved or just hasn't been uploaded yet but I'll edit this post to add it if it does get uploaded. Critique is greatly appreciated on everything except my tire usage ^^;

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Ohhhh myyy dude that combo at 1:54 against Seagull r1 was soooo legit! Really top notch! Also loved the tire play at the end leading into the fart for the kill. ****!! :p Yeah watching the next ones atm.

My reaction to 3rd match against Seagull, last stock: "OOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Daaamn that match against Coney's D3 was really rough. One tip I can give you: you know how one of Wario's strong points is how he can run away, air camp and attack when there's an opening? Well doing that with a tire in your hand is way better, because it gives you extended range and thus improved punishing options. Also, against D3 a really good place for a bouncing tire is right behind the big penguin, while you pressure him into the tire. The shield pressure will be neigh unbearable, and will result in a D3/tire/Wario sandwich.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Ohhhh myyy dude that combo at 1:54 against Seagull r1 was soooo legit! Really top notch! Also loved the tire play at the end leading into the fart for the kill. ****!! :p Yeah watching the next ones atm.

My reaction to 3rd match against Seagull, last stock: "OOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Daaamn that match against Coney's D3 was really rough. One tip I can give you: you know how one of Wario's strong points is how he can run away, air camp and attack when there's an opening? Well doing that with a tire in your hand is way better, because it gives you extended range and thus improved punishing options. Also, against D3 a really good place for a bouncing tire is right behind the big penguin, while you pressure him into the tire. The shield pressure will be neigh unbearable, and will result in a D3/tire/Wario sandwich.
Yeah, he did good. Proud of him. This set was more or less me gauging his skill and watching his ability to buffer/string moves. He passed my expectations.

I also don't wanna take money from a kid lol.

I hope Iota can make it out to more events because I would like to team with him in the future. I think :wolf:/:wario: would be a good team.
Sets from Xanadu:

1$ MM vs Seagull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JciyjidLlU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u79Gp6dtSfA

R2 set vs Coney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwZXcZYA8GI

LB R3 set vs Otime (MD rob)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWsH-toUOrc

I have no idea whether the 2nd match of me vs Seagull wasn't saved or just hasn't been uploaded yet but I'll edit this post to add it if it does get uploaded. Critique is greatly appreciated on everything except my tire usage ^^;
R2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wivOstQq4HI

:018:

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
lol I'll take all that as a compliment. Wolf+Wario seems like such a fun team combination I'd be glad to team with you o:

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I dunno man, a 14 year old this **** doesn't really count as some nooby kid haha. There's a similar dude like that around my are who goes by Jedi Noah who has a mean MK. We have some seriously stupendous sets, and if I gave him some mercy he would raaaape me no questions asked haha.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Damn I wish people had given me free money at my first tournaments.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Mr. Doom gave me the butts at my first tourney. He challenged me too. Pretty sure it was a double 3-stock under 100%

That was a very helpful two dollars I spent right there. Was going to be five, but I wanted to save some money. I needed that beating, for sure.

Top Bottom