• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Huum trying that I'm able to do it consistently when I'm looking at my controller <.< thanks Labernash!

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Dthrow glidetoss oos to Fsmash is the mos LEGIT punish ever! Totally good against Snake and MK! Was messing around with it last night, works against many other characters as well! I wonder if Dthrow glidetoss to fart is possible :O I never remember to try! How revolutionary would that be?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Dthrow glidetoss oos to Fsmash is the mos LEGIT punish ever! Totally good against Snake and MK! Was messing around with it last night, works against many other characters as well! I wonder if Dthrow glidetoss to fart is possible :O I never remember to try! How revolutionary would that be?
F-Smash takes longer and has less range--Of course it would work.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Legit as *****. Best combo eva = Two hit Nair -> Dthrow glidetoss -> Fsmash/Fart :O

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
FYI BPx you may want to add some zeros to the end of those times. I was hella confused for like 5 minutes haha. Glad I found em tho, watching now. DUuuuuude I like what I'm seeing! DAAAAMN BPx your Wario is hella good! Really took MGJ to school! I really loved your use of bananas and DACUS, really skillfully used and very effective. I could learn a few things for sure by watching these! Gonna watch the Snake matches now.

Shooot man those matches were rough. Good job bringing it back on RBC, but damn that Lylat match was painful. I really do think that focusing more on the bike and tires in this matchup may be beneficial for you. Not only does it give you a projectile that you can use to approach more effectively, it really turns down the heat of your aggression because it forces you to hang back and break the bike. Snake is really quite good against Kung Fu Aggressive Wario, but Campy Mechanic Warrior Wario may fare a bit better.

BPx

Smash Lord
I was really tired in my set against Joker, really showed game 3 :X I don't think tires help that much in the snake mu, I just wasn't being safe/paying attention.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario would be so damn good with Falco spotdodge.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I can't help but notice a lot of us spotdodge way too much.
I almost never spotdodge, and that's why I struggle in some situations.

Wario would be so damn good with Falco spotdodge.
He would be especially good at KOing, but, part of Falco's goodness comes from being able to do a lot out of a grab, as well as having a fast move to follow a spotdodge up with (Jab). Wario wants a fast move.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
I have a bad habit of spot dodging from time to time. But it's so fun to do because he does his little spin hop. That sexy beast.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Don't try to push through him with F-air. Try to weave back when it connects. Also F-smash less. Save it for a kill or something. And try not to let your waft get fully charged, it kills earlier and it's faster at like a minute and a half.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I only allow the waft to fully charge situationally. Usually I don't use a half-fart when I've already taken a stock and they're at low %, simply because it won't kill anyway, so the extra damage of the full fart seems more appealing. Other than that, it might get full simply because I don't have a good opportunity to use it. I might have overlooked opportunities there, but that's my general approach.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Sweet vids man! You landed some sweeeet farts in those matches! :D Yeah I also noticed your constant use of Fsmash and Uair to build damage. While they are heavy damage moves, they are also some of Wario's main kill moves. I typically try to use a lot of low knockback moves, tires and grabs to build damage, maybe using Uair and Fsmash at low percents but then at mid to high percents saving them to kill early.

Also when you have tires, you can always throw them upwards for increased stage control. You don't always have to throw them directly at the opponent, you can have them bouncing in place and maybe hit your opponent into it for a combo! You can also use Nair to catch the tire as well as hit your opponent simultaneously.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I never worry about stale moves with Wario. Depends on the matchup, but I usually hit my Bike quite a bit when breaking it.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that my connection's been pretty slow lately so it takes me FOREVER to load a vid. I haven't been able to watch streams without lag either. Not sure what the problem is, so I'm not sure how long this will be a problem for me.

Also that means that I'll be watching less videos and I won't come across many great matches involving Wario. If you could do me a favor and pinpoint it out to me if you demonstrated the matchup well or feel that the video should be on the OP, let me know.

Also if it's innovative, I'd love to put it up. Having more Bassem vs Dentis would be incredible.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Sweet vids man! You landed some sweeeet farts in those matches! :D Yeah I also noticed your constant use of Fsmash and Uair to build damage. While they are heavy damage moves, they are also some of Wario's main kill moves. I typically try to use a lot of low knockback moves, tires and grabs to build damage, maybe using Uair and Fsmash at low percents but then at mid to high percents saving them to kill early.

Also when you have tires, you can always throw them upwards for increased stage control. You don't always have to throw them directly at the opponent, you can have them bouncing in place and maybe hit your opponent into it for a combo! You can also use Nair to catch the tire as well as hit your opponent simultaneously.
I don't know I feel like uair is definitely not worth worrying over stale moves. It just does so much damage and is just generally too good to not use with some frequency. Also getting caught by a clap can leave the opponent flustered sometimes. Fsmash is definitely my worst habit though, as I often fsmash into shields and spotdodge to fsmash. Also spotdodge is a bad habit of mine too, so next time we play BCB, just bite when I'm doing it.

I usually mix up throwing tires at opponents or downward. And yeah, I do tire to nair/dair/uair too. I've been messing with throwing them downward a little distance from the opponent. I get behind him and grab him. As I go to throw, the tire bounces off his head.

BCB are there any videos of me from Utican?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Sorry, I don't haven't any of your matches. So many people didn't save replays that tourney. Gotta get on that force replay status. :p

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
The day after I post about it the videos start loading normally again, lol. xzx that wasn't anywhere close towards Bassem vs Denti but I guess it'll do. lol

I thought your match was pretty entertaining.

xzx

Smash Lord
But PieDisliker, remember that that is just ONE tourney set. =P More are coming, but don't judge me entirely on one tourney set! ;) I play different in different match-ups, and I guarantee that you haven't seen ALL my Wario! =)

MJG

Smash Hero
Hmm...I thought MJG said he was quitting after APEX. Glad to see he's still around.
Yup. I'm staying for a little bit longer :bee:

FYI BPx you may want to add some zeros to the end of those times. I was hella confused for like 5 minutes haha. Glad I found em tho, watching now. DUuuuuude I like what I'm seeing! DAAAAMN BPx your Wario is hella good! Really took MGJ to school! I really loved your use of bananas and DACUS, really skillfully used and very effective. I could learn a few things for sure by watching these! Gonna watch the Snake matches now.
Brandon's broken in the diddy MU lmao. I wanted to try diddy in our pools match and realized that I would never use diddy against wario again. TL vs Wario though

:shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy:

No I did not name search. My name is too short for that.

WE OUT

Croi

Smash Lord
Vids from a recent monthly, and a fundraiser tourney (for this tourney, check it out)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iPLkrWIoI8 :pika:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4f29R7IXgY :ike: match 2 please (Nysyarc is the 3rd best Ike in NA, yay Wario)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBRpiNoVxME :marth:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH9GzNTxWqs same :marth:, gf1. There was no time for GF2 so we called it a tie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f-V_w726P8 :dk2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0DkXXQlaE0 :popo:

Special rules for the fundraiser tourney: no mains allowed in Singles. So, doubles, :warioc: and :pit: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_aT3iwf1uY :dedede: :pika:/:luigi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpWVXEo7Fec :dedede: :pika:/:luigi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccSVYr4EkW4 :dk2: :ike:

Top Bottom