• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If you're within mid range, Olimar may be able to punish U-Tilt.

I prefer to just use U-Air. It's very rare for your kills to come from U-Air, anyway, so, it's as good as anything else.

xzx

Smash Lord
I found that dair is a really useful tool against Olimar. All my matches went better (when I battled an Olimar) when I threw in a dair every now and then!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Matches from a tournament this past weekend--

Peru against Player-1's Diddy Kong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E832fm6QeU

Peru against Cam's Pikachu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEH_s2JIiac

Myself against Spade's Marth (just the first game): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a17uMmuazGU

Myself against Player-1's Diddy Kong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oAXMQOEeyw

And standard Reflex vs. Kismet stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moKchk--Dqs
aaaaand http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icbueOx7isU

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It's the only way to win consistently with Wario, IMO. They can't know what's coming, so you always have to increase your list of options.

xzx

Smash Lord
It's the only way to win consistently with Wario, IMO. They can't know what's coming, so you always have to increase your list of options.
This.

Also, nice job DI:ing Diddy Kong's GR to d-smash. I would say you are the best Wario.

xzx

Smash Lord
Yeah, oops! x) I meant GR to dair, of course. Btw, I'm not quite sure how to DI it. Should one mash the sticks or just hold them? Or how did you do it, Reflex?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yeah, oops! x) I meant GR to dair, of course. Btw, I'm not quite sure how to DI it. Should one mash the sticks or just hold them? Or how did you do it, Reflex?
:stick9: -> :stick6: -> :stick3: -> :stick6: -> :stick9:. Just slide the Control Stick between Up-Forward and Down-Forward quickly. DO NOT tap and let go of the stick. Sliding is much more efficient. Also, the C-Stick is unnecessary, but you're welcome to tap that once if you want.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
???

Is Uthrow to Uair guaranteed on Falco at low %? That looked VERY close to guaranteed.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It's very close to guaranteed. Pretty much a 50/50. You either get the U-Air on their not-airdodge, or you do another move (empty shorthop, crouch, etc.) to bait an airdodge and punish with F-Smash, grab, Full Waft, etc. t's not guaranteed, but Falco can't really do anything to threaten you from there except for trading with D-Air, but there isn't enough space for him to do a normal fall/fastfall mix-up with it adequately.

Very useful option, one of my favorite damage-rackers.

Xatic

Smash Lord
Alright, thanks for the help on olimar guys.

I know this is a bit late, I took a small break from the game. I'll let you know how things work out.

Next tournament I plan on attending is Retribution in OH

xzx

Smash Lord
Wow thank you Reflex! =D I assume that works for Falco's dair too? And Marth's too? =P

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Wow thank you Reflex! =D I assume that works for Falco's dair too? And Marth's too? =P
That is correct, yes. There are a select few moves it won't work well on, and none of them spike (off the top of my head, it's Marth F-Smash, Squirtle D-Air, and Ivysaur N-Air).

It's worth noting that you can just start sliding the stick well in advance of a spike, so if you feel it's coming, there's very little reason not to do it. Just make sure that if your first input is Up-Forward, you're in hitstun, because the first Up-Forward input will use your double-jump if your character is free to do it. If you're not sure, just start the slide with Forward first. Either way, you can just repeatedly slide the stick all the way through Falco's chaingrab, and it'll get you out of a Gatling combo, too.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yes. Same motion. Between Up-Forward and Down-Forward. I personally have to turn the controller 90 degrees counterclockwise to do it to the left, but, I'm left-handed and never learned how to do a lot of things efficiently, so, that just might be a personal problem. It's only really necessary to do for Falco chaingrab, anyway, so you have all the time in the world to get into position and start sliding. Otherwise, just slide it once or twice on a single hit, like on Marth D-Air or whatever.

xzx

Smash Lord
Okay, I will practice this. It's always annoying when I die when I know there is a way of actually escaping it. Thanks again.

Croi

Smash Lord

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Vs MK, punish his full hop aerials more. MK doing full hop and/or DJ's in the air above you is asking to get clapped or airdodge baited. MK closer to the ground with Fair Uair etc is harder to deal with than rising Dairs/Nairs/etc. You clap him a few times, the damage adds up.

xzx

Smash Lord
billybeegood :popo: LF

I recently uploaded a ****load of replays to our channel from our big tournament in August, and in that LF fight, I felt I was at 100%; that I was playing to the very best of my abilities. As such, I'd please like some critique.
I know that feeling. You feel unstoppable and kinda surprises yourself. This is what I call the "Hyper Mode". When I enter it, there is no limits and no stops for me. But I have had troubles entering it my latest two tournaments though... Sometimes I suck and sometimes I ****.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Sorry I haven't been updating this guys. I have officially quit now so please give this thread to someone more active and diligent.

Sorry again!

:phone:

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Bump. I'll be making sure to update the thread constantly.

Also a note for everyone. I will be adding all non critique videos to the OP. If you do not want the video in the OP say so in your post!

Last but not least, if anyone has any suggestions for October's video of the month tell me, otherwise I'm adding me vs Logic when it gets uploaded

D

Deleted member 189823

Well, I've been waiting for my critique and I never ever got it. ):
Then again, I need to upload a video of my current Wario.

Top Bottom