• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

Sky`

Smash Lord
You're so scared of falco. you don't realize how much advantage you have over him when you're in his 'zone'.
Also because you cant do the CG, its' best to wait out your waft post 60%. unless you can doi t, then by all means do dat ****.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
You're not grabbing enough. Grab/bite are two of our best options vs Olimar to start/continue a juggle/gimp. Not using them often is like MK not using uair everytime someone is above him.

Avoid trying to challenge uair head on. I know it's possible to clash with it using dair, but the chances of it happening are slim from my experience so most of the time you'll just end up taking unnecessary damage.

Use nair more to approach Olimar. The only moves that Olimar can beat it with are his non pikmin attacks, pivot grab, and a spaced fair. Everything else clashes or gets beaten out by it. Nair against Olimar is basically a free set up to whatever we want at low-mid %s. Nair is also very useful for gimping Olimar or keeping him offstage thanks to the double hit and little landing lag.

Keep a watch out for the pikmin line. You'll generally want to approach only when there's a red, blue, or white pikmin first in line. Always avoid approaching when purples are first in line. Knowing when purples are first also helps when you're edge gaurding/walling him since you want to be more careful when he can side-b purples. If you can't see his pikmin line properly it's a good idea to just avoid all contact until you can see it well enough to tell the pikmin order.

Against Olimar you want to CP SV, FD, Delfino, and Brin/RC if they're legal. I don't recommend Frigate cause the 2nd part is basically YI with bigger slopes.

Avoid going to YI, PS1, Halberd, CS, and BF. If you can't avoid going to any of those stages then the best ones for you are BF/PS1.

Gonna add any videos I missed sometime this afternoon.

:happysheep:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea he told me to avoid BF as well, but that high platform just feels golden to me. Forcing ICs/Olimar to commit to double jumps to even threaten me is really nice if I have the lead (especially since oli uair wont ever kill me). I just didn't make the most of it after i got the first kill.

Could you (or anyone) elaborate on why I should favor certain stages for Olimar? BF seems like my best bet game 1 for avoiding contact (and ps1 seemed like my best bet game 2). I always feel like I'm losing the horizontal game so I like to put more height into the mix. I was favoring BF-PS1-YI (but then i guess i could go sonic), but i seem to be way off.

I'll work on the nairing. Does it beat all color upsmashes? I'm pretty sure i've lost to upsmashes before, but it might have been stale or something. Anything I can go about pivot grabbing, aside from just letting him run out of room?

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Depending on the stage Olimar has varying ways of keeping stage control and has increased chances for different pikmin depending on the material of the stage. Olimar's generally favor small stages with big plats since they give him the best amount of stage control vs Wario while limiting our vertical approach options.

PS1 is bad against Olimar because it gives him more purples and because the neutral, water, and rock areas are favorable for his camping and spacing due to plat arrangements and such. If you have to go to YI just go Sonic, it's a very uphill battle for Wario on that stage unless we can secure a stock lead. BF is good for camping once we get a lead but that's about it.

I know I said in the MU thread that FD sucks in the MU and you'd have a better chance with BF but I find my self disagreeing with it now. FD and SV are the stages you want to start on for game 1 since it's easiest to approach, get tires, out and gimp Olimar on those two stages imo. Only go to BF if you really have to since it's better for Wario than YI, Lylat, and PS1 for varying reasons. Delfino is a personal favorite of mine against Olimar since it becomes much easier to get tires out, camp, and net kills depending on the area.

I'm 100% sure it beats reds, blues and whites. I'm not sure about yellows and purples though since I tend to just avoid going near Olimar when those are in the front of his line lol.

Nothing you can do about pivot grabbing really unless he does it in a poor situation where you're close enough above him to aerial/waft him. Basically just avoid it best as you can and force him to slowly let go of stage control by letting him do it.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Major reformatting to characters based on the current BBR tier list. Added a doubles section that will be catergorized by player.

If anyone has any suggestions for formatting the doubles section or can dig up older doubles videos it will be greatly appreciated.

If anyone wants a different color for their name from what I have now tell me. Croi you especially need to tell me which color you want cause it'll be annoying having to pick between two.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nearly all of Abdango's videos can be found on the numaburamovie channel on youtube. It's possible that some of his videos are also on one of those channels: minamisk, ssbbmania1, hyde6tetsu9, westsmash;

:059:

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
It's usually only when it comes to japan. His knowledge is godlike about Japan from what I can tell.

Uli I'll try to pester people to critique your vid. Doubles isn't my strong suit when it comes to figuring out what you're doing wrong. :sadsheep:

xzx

Smash Lord
Avoid the yellow Pimin since they're a big pain in the *** with their disjoints. I find dair a good move to use against Olimar.

Iota please try to link every video of Abandago on the OP please... Kinda! =3

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'd appreciate if people could stop acting like I only know stuff about Japan or that I meatride them if they don't know better.

:059:

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Added videos of Japanese Warios and Glutonny. Will finish updating the list when I'm feeling less depressed. :happysheep:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
doesnt invincibility only happen when he actually hits something?
Bike was under him, might have set it off

I dunno the range of invincibility of when he can set it off, and I don't remember if Dedede's head in particular had any frames of intangible/no hurtbox

UliWa

Smash Rookie
Thanks, i can wait i am just in a wario slump he is feeling kind of tight and awkward now; need more vids!

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
@reflexwonder. I saw your matches against 4god and imo i think u should use yur bite more , trust me is really really good against d3 , you can easily punish those fast fall airdodges to spotdodge :) with bite.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Too much risk for too little reward. There aren't many follow-ups unless you get them off-stage as a result or catch them at very low percents.

Dealing 7% each time is nice until you take 30%-40% and a potential KO when it's read once.

Top Bottom