• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Any chance we can get Reflex beating Vinnie on this thread? Is it worth watching when learning the IC match up?

Maybe it's more of a "what to do/what not to do" deal against them.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Oooohhh, did that get recorded? I'd love to see it!

Pie just ninja'd me, haha!!

Croi, good work there boy! Lookin' mighty fine!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It wasn't recorded, no. The only matches I got recorded were a Doubles match with PT and my losing to mikeHAZE.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Reflex, I watched that MikeHaze video just now, and the only thing I can really tell you based on my knowledge is that if you waited literally 10 seconds to waft that first time, he would have died. I guess you were getting ahead of yourself there. Haha, can't you just feel the bad match-upness POURING out of Marth?

Charizard was super good. I almost wish you had gone Wario the second time for the learning experience, but MikeHaze/APEX pressure, makes sense. If Lord Chair was around, he'd tell you to use PT, but would probobly tell you how to play this MU with Wario. EVERY Wario needs help in this MU.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
No I'd tell him to use Wario cause PT is free as hell.

I have more faith in the MU now. It's still fairly dumb but I understand the counterplay involved now, it's just very counter intuitive most of the time and basically it requires you to be cocky or at least very confident in your plays.

Normally Mr. R ***** me but with this approach I actually went 2-1 with a decent shot at taking the set this weekend. Defensive play is not the way to go, that's what I have been doing wrong for over a year now.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
This. Marth is definitely PT's worst matchup, but I -really- dislike the Marth matchup with all of my characters, and was hoping to take advantage of my counterpick to eke out a game before going back to Wario. Pressure will make you do things you regret.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's rough stuff. You might get more comfortable with internationals if you go to more. WHOBO 4???? =D

I have more faith in the MU now. It's still fairly dumb but I understand the counterplay involved now, it's just very counter intuitive most of the time and basically it requires you to be cocky or at least very confident in your plays.

Normally Mr. R ***** me but with this approach I actually went 2-1 with a decent shot at taking the set this weekend. Defensive play is not the way to go, that's what I have been doing wrong for over a year now.
Interesting. D-SMASH BAIT?!?

Mind elaborating some more? From what I can tell, you mean, close to him, and just smackin' him whenever his move ends everytime?

DUB

Smash Lord
Croi I liked your use of Jab Cancels throught those matches. I was playing around with it more after I saw those and had some good success with Jab-Grab. Seems to work really well with Wario as opposed to some characters.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I tried telling people that Marth was bad for Wario, but I tended to get the same "It's doable like MK" response.

Marth when played right is REALLY hard for Wario.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
I tried telling people that Wario was bad for Martha, but I tended to get the same "IT's doable like MK" response.

Wario when played right is REALLY hard for Martha

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
there arent that many really got marthas out there. the most marthas get their fair powershielded

at topic: olaf, I finally got our bib2 team matches, but i dont have a grabber, but a friend of me does, so that means, they will be uploaded on ssbbgermany soon, yay

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Speaking of Marth, my friend's (Marth) is consistently beating me now and I've been wondering if I'm playing the matchup wrong, or he's doing it correctly. I think after all this time he's completely figured me out with Wario and knows all my tricks in the book. I've tried playing defensively and agressively at different points, but he seems to have adapted to everything I've done. Since my computer's been wiped I can't record as of now, but I've still been playing him in friendlies a lot and it seems his Marth got to the point where about half of his aerials are in tipper range, and he spaces just about perfectly. I can't punish him without him punishing me back, so at the very best I seem to be trading if not being outspaced by him.

I feel like he's gotten to the next level, while I haven't. There must be something I'm missing, but I can't seem to find any flaws in his playstyle. Anything I should try (such as creating flaws in his playstyle by adding more pressure?)

----

Also, I'll probably add some more videos, but as of now I haven't seen anything to add. Be sure to link any tourney videos here if you have them!

Edit: Now that I think about it, I'm tempted to add Croi vs. Will even though it wasn't tourney.

Labernash

Smash Lord
I think Marth is harder than MK.

Pie, watch some top Marths play a good bit. When you go back to your friend, you'll notice he's not as good as, say, Leon. What you could do, bait, don't punish an obvious punish a few times at the beginning of the match. Then, he feels safer, and the rest of the match he plays sloppy. Really, it's not reliable enough to take damage for. But it's fun when you get into someones head.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I AM TIRED OF EVERYONE PLAYING WARIO AS A SECONDARY

MAIN THE FAT MAN YOU MAGGOTS

My job is done

Labernash

Smash Lord
DMG telling it straight.

Welcome aboard Illmatic! You'll like Wario a lot. He's silly.

Top Bottom