• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

Tesh

Smash Hero
Why remove old videos? Can't you just collapse them? I like how the Sonic video thread lets you easily look back at the days of dtilt>spindash.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I don't see the purpose of them when newer videos will provide better information and become more necessary to watch. In my opinion, older videos would just get mixed up and take up space.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't see the purpose of them when newer videos will provide better information and become more necessary to watch. In my opinion, older videos would just get mixed up and take up space.
I was under the impression that any number of old vids could just be hidden in collapse tags, taking up 2 or 3 lines of space at most. I mean the amount of time you spent deleting each link, you could have just wrapped them in collapse tags.

There are useful things in old matches, things overlooked and scoffed at that can prove useful in the future. Most "new" technique in the metagame turn out to be 08 tactics that people passed over.

I guess no point in crying over spilt mlik tho.

Tesh

Smash Hero
[collapse=PieDisliker;13808407]Updates:
Removed everything from 2010
Changed the wifi rule
Added Video of the Month at the top. This will encourage people to tell what video they think is most deserving. You can't vote for this current month until it is in the last week or over, so try nominating some videos for November 2011, if you can.

Also vids I removed:
Masky Vs. Seibrik - 1 [Dec-2010
Masky Vs. Seirbrik - 2 [Dec-2010]
Pwneroni Vs. T1mmy - 1 [Dec-2010]
Atomsk Vs. Anti - 2 [Nov-2010]
Pwneroni Vs. T1mmy - 1 [Nov-2010]
Pwneroni Vs. T1mmy - 2 [Nov-2010]
Dynomite Vs. Micaelis - 1 [Oct-2010]
Dynomite Vs. Micaelis - 2 [Oct-2010]
Dynomite Vs. Micaelis - 3 [Oct-2010]
Bassem Vs. Domo - 1 [Sept-2010]
Bassem Vs. Domo - 2 [Sept-2010]
Bassem Vs. Domo - 3 [Sept-2010]
Bassem Vs. Domo - 4 [Sept-2010]
Croi vs billybeegood - 1 [Sept-2010]
Croi vs billybeegood - 2 [Sept-2010]
Croi vs billybeegood - 3+4 [Sept-2010]
Croi vs billybeegood - 5 [Sept-2010]
Asa vs. Breez - 1 [Aug 2010]
Asa vs. Breez - 2 [Aug 2010]
Asa vs. Breez - 1 [Aug 2010]
Asa vs. Breez - 2 [Aug 2010]
Asa vs. Breez - 3 [Aug 2010]
Bassem vs. Lee Martin - 1 [Aug 2010]
Blue Rogue Vs. Shugo - 3 [July-2010]
Atomsk Vs. Orion - 1 [July-2010]
Atomsk Vs. Orion - 2 [July-2010]

Dynomite Vs. Billy - 2 [June-2010]
Dynomite Vs. Billy - 3 [June-2010]
Dynomite Vs. Scatt - 1 [June-2010]
Dynomite Vs. Scatt - 2 [June-2010]

Dynomite Vs. Player1 - 2 [Dec-2010]
Blue Rogue Vs. AlphaZealot - 1 [Nov-2010]
Blue Rogue Vs. AlphaZealot - 2 [Nov-2010]
Ally Vs. Gnes - 3 [Nov-2010]
Pwneroni Vs. Thrilla Gorilla - 1 [Nov-2010]
Pwneroni Vs. Thrilla Gorilla - 3 [Nov-2010]
Pwneroni Vs. Thrilla Gorilla - 1 [Nov-2010]

Pwneroni vs. Nerd - 1 & 2 [Aug 2010]
Dynomite Vs. Kismet - 1 [June-2010]

Pwneroni vs Kyle0Li [December 2010]

Glutonny vs Leon [Oct-2010]
Blue Rogue Vs. Steel - 1 [Oct-2010]
Blue Rogue Vs. Steel - 2 [Oct-2010]

Blue Rogue Vs. Lain - 1 [Oct-2010]
Blue Rogue Vs. Lain - 2 [Sept-2010]
Dynomite Vs. Elev8 - 1[June-2010]
Dynomite Vs. Elev8 - 2[June-2010]
Dynomite Vs. Elev8 - 3 [June-2010]

Pwneroni Vs. Asadelta - 1 [Nov-2010]
Pwneroni Vs. Asadelta - 1 [Nov-2010]

Asa vs. CaptainL - 1 [Aug 2010]

Masky Vs. Dew Da Dash [Oct-2010]

Pwneroni Vs. Yugo - 1 [Dec-2010]
Pwneroni Vs. Yugo - 2 [Dec-2010]
Atomsk Vs. RJ [Nov-2010]

Masky Vs. 2nlio - 2 [Dec-2010]
Bassem Vs. MJG - 1 [Sept-2010]
Bassem Vs. MJG - 2 [Sept-2010]
Bassem Vs. MJG - 3 [Sept-2010]

Asa vs. Bundtcake - 1 [Aug 2010]
Asa vs. Bundtcake - 2 [Aug 2010]

Krystedez Vs. 4biddin - 1 [Aug-2010]
Krystedez Vs. 4biddin - 2 [Aug-2010]
Krystedez Vs. 4biddin - 4 [Aug-2010]
Krystedez Vs. 4biddin - 5 [Aug-2010]
Krystedez Vs. 4biddin - 6 [Aug-2010]

Asa vs. Bundtcake - 2 [Aug 2010]
Asa vs. Bundtcake - 3 [Aug 2010]
Pwneroni vs. t0mmy - 1 & 2 [Aug 2010]

Pwneroni Vs. Thrilla Gorilla - 2 [Nov-2010]
Pwneroni Vs. Thrilla Gorilla - 2 [Nov-2010]

Krystedez Vs. Be@st - 1 [Sept-2010]
Krystedez Vs. Be@st - 2 [Sept-2010]
Krystedez Vs. Be@st - 3 [Sept-2010]
Krystedez Vs. Be@st - 4 [Sept-2010]
Krystedez Vs. Be@st - 5 [Sept-2010]
Krystedez Vs. Be@st - 6 [Sept-2010]
Krystedez Vs. Be@st - 7 [Sept-2010]

Dynomite Vs. Billy - 1 [June-2010]

Masky Vs. Ryo - 2 [Dec-2010]

Pwneroni Vs. Firefly - 1 [Nov-2010]
Pwneroni Vs. Firefly - 2 [Nov-2010]
Pwneroni Vs. Firefly - 3 [Nov-2010]
Asa vs. Firefly - 1 [Sept 2010]
Asa vs. Firefly - 2 [Sept 2010]
Asa vs. Firefly - 3 [Sept 2010]

Asa vs. Defender - 1 [Aug 2010]

Asa vs. Darkmusician - 1 [Aug 2010]
[/collapse]

I just quoted you and changed the word to collapse.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I honestly didn't know the command was collapse. lol

If you want them, sure I'll keep them at the bottom in a collapse.

LOE1

Smash Lord
i was just wondering if anyone can show me a vid of how to do the chaingrab on falco, i couldnt find any on youtube, and i need to learn the mu better

Labernash

Smash Lord
'Tis true. But, I don't remember one of actually how to do it. But there probobly is one. If you have one, it'd much appreciated Chair!

I guess read the AT thred for how, then watch that video to get an idea of what it feels like, if that helps. It did for me!

LOE1

Smash Lord
ok, thanks for the responses guys, it should help me in the future

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Unfortunately I'm not very good at critiquing, although I did notice that you whiffed quite a few attacks. Maybe you should work more on baiting, you seem a little too aggressive.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Don't throw out random attacks unless you're sure you won't get punished. For example you would randomly try to attack with bike which is something you should avoid.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Don't throw out random attacks unless you're sure you won't get punished. For example you would randomly try to attack with bike which is something you should avoid.
I actually have an explanation for that XD. I have a tendency of using some moves more than I normally should if they piss my brother off when they land(the opponent in the vid), SOOOO over the past 3 months, bike has been it :bee:. I will normally not use bike NEARLY as much against other people, but HE gets bikes MUCH more often. He knows they shouldn't hit, I know they shouldn't hit, but hell, I'm all about the funny, and him raging is quite the spectacle XD.

But yes, thank you very much for the advice, I will work on being much smarter with my attack feigning and being just overall less aggro with my play.

Tesh

Smash Hero
<<---- I could use some critique, especially on my approaches.

Also isnt Bike some sort of momentum cancel? feels like its killing me when i use it.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Why do you want us to critique a match in which you know you're not playing at your best?

Honestly that's just rude.
Dont get me wrong, I was going in that match, but I was just saying that there were some different tendencies I had based on my opponent. It's me trying to make him lose his temper and play worse (which it did XD). Besides, bike is SO much fun! Even when going 100%, you should still be trying to have fun (I know, when money's on the line, this can be open for debate, but hell, i'mma do mah best to have my cake and eat it too).

Either way, I'll be seeing y'all at APEX, so I can wait with hearing my Wario failures until I get there and hear them en masse.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I haven't practiced in over a month, and I think it's starting to show. However, I'm staying with Kismet and DRN for a few days before APEX, so I'll try to jog my muscle memory at that time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7woiHi4dHqk

This is embarrasing, but it appears that I've forgotten how to adequately deal with shorthop double laser. Any suggestions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQIkX97BG-w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVlPdmVAVLo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvCunY1PIz0

I'm slipping. :(

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Actual comments:

- Get the muscle memory of SDIng rapid jab behind and above Falco for shield pressure, also learn to grab in between the jabs if they're on your shield.
- Be less afraid of using dair if he's chasing you in the air, you're too afraid to commit.
- You can start getting guaranteed stuff out of a full SH nair at about 20+%, just do the SH FF nair and follow up instead of constantly retreating.
- Stop jumping around if you want to time him out on BF, either stay on the top platform or stay near the ledge powershielding everything :X
- Try to use rising fairs rather than landing nairs/uairs to pressure his shield (unless you have him cornered, of course). Falco doesn't mind nair pressure that much, you have to be able to cover rolls or apply further pressure if you want to press your advantage. Nair doesn't do that because Falco doesn't mind a boxing game as much.
- Tires don't work around platforms against Falco neither can you apply them to counter his camping.
- Stop using your DJ when far above Falco just to gain more height. Those DJs will get you baired and generally won't net you any advantage. You should save your DJ to either get out of tricky situations or as a reaction to Falco's advancing movement in order to get behind him and take stage control. If Falco has stage control, he has all the breathing room to properly react to your move creating a worse situation then you were in before.
- Neither should you DJ offstage when Falco is already in your face unless you want to retreat with it.

Idunno I feel like you play the MU fine, I just feel like you're treating it too impatiently and there are a few MU specific tiny things that you'll eventually pick up yourself. Kismet seemed totally in control of the tempo if only because he didn't seem to mind it slowing down at times, he'd just keep camping even though he was at a percent deficit.

I have nothing to say about player interaction, the MU is rather mute on hard reads because you rarely get anything significant out of them. I don't know how comfortable you feel doing this MU with PT, just know that this MU is never fun with Wario if the Falco player has a brain of any sort, you'll always have to resort to camping and punishing minor mistakes. I digress.

Work on your SDI, SDIing jab is golden. I don't expect anyone to consistently SDI that **** into something guaranteed, but simply letting your opponent know that his jab just isn't safe on hit applies stupid pressure.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Dont get me wrong, I was going in that match, but I was just saying that there were some different tendencies I had based on my opponent. It's me trying to make him lose his temper and play worse (which it did XD). Besides, bike is SO much fun! Even when going 100%, you should still be trying to have fun (I know, when money's on the line, this can be open for debate, but hell, i'mma do mah best to have my cake and eat it too).

Either way, I'll be seeing y'all at APEX, so I can wait with hearing my Wario failures until I get there and hear them en masse.

OMFG your sig! LMAOOO.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I've only watched the first two games and already I have to put the latest Glutonny vs Leon sets on the OP. Please check them out if you haven't.

Also, Merry Christmas to the Warios out there!

ZTD | TECHnology

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Stop automatically holding shield when pit uses side-b. If he misses that gives you a lot of time to punish him with a dair or f-tilt. If you get caught in the center of it, shielding, try rolling towards him you'll end up behind him and will have the opportunity to do a free punish of your choice(if you don't feel like risking the 5% if you weren't inside side-b enough to roll behind it you can always roll away iirc).

Don't try using tires to stop Pit's glide he'll either avoid it or he'll GA the tire and you will end up getting hit by it when you could've just used an aerial to combat it.

Don't use spotdodge when you land close to Pit, he'll probably use f-smash as a panic button which will end up hitting you. You should be treating the area in front of Pit like a lesser Falco.

ZTD | TECHnology

Stop automatically holding shield when pit uses side-b. If he misses that gives you a lot of time to punish him with a dair or f-tilt. If you get caught in the center of it, shielding, try rolling towards him you'll end up behind him and will have the opportunity to do a free punish of your choice(if you don't feel like risking the 5% if you weren't inside side-b enough to roll behind it you can always roll away iirc).

Don't try using tires to stop Pit's glide he'll either avoid it or he'll GA the tire and you will end up getting hit by it when you could've just used an aerial to combat it.

Don't use spotdodge when you land close to Pit, he'll probably use f-smash as a panic button which will end up hitting you. You should be treating the area in front of Pit like a lesser Falco.
Thanks. I know like NO MUs with Wario minus MK. lol

Also I forget Wario's mobility is like infinitely better than what I'm used to...lol Bare with me.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Reflex and Chair, I am going to learn this Match Up. Dissecting and applying now! Thanks!

(S!C), cool video man!!

LOE1

Smash Lord
for the wario vs falco mu, cant falco just short hop lazer you off your bike?

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Only if Wario isn't doing a wheelie on his bike. Even if he isn't it would be far more useful to use one of Falco's other options.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
We need to seriously get some Olimar vids up here. I know nothing of that match up.

And I beat every Marth I played at Apex. Hype!

Top Bottom