• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Good thing I believe in the American Constitution and liberty! The best government is one that governs least, and protects your rights! I'll try to mirror that as a mod.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
I LOVE League of Legends Pwn.

Sad ending for a match that could've otherwise been yours :(. Good match throughout through.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
CLL is really good with Lucario's walljumps! Makes him really tough to edgeguard :p ty Linkvader. I don't really play much LoL nowadays, there's this weird bug that makes my game randomly crash and say i need to reinstall. When reinstalled, the game crashes and says I need to reinstall :/ lololollol

Urgot is 2 gudd. Who do you play? :)

Gichan

Smash Champion
I can totally relate to that feeling. I took a break from smash for other fighters such as ssfiv and MvC3. When I came back to brawl I took a lot of things from those games to smash such as mindgames, crossups (although not necessarily useful in smash, it helped with crossing and grabbing), and overall playing safe.

But wow, the use of tires was so good, but what surprised me the most was how effective you were with approaches. Like those delayed nairs so they auto cancel quicker, much like how PhantomX did them in the past, and use of dairs either in spot or well weaved.

I can see how LoL helped. You use to fly into people's shields all the time, now you never give them a chance to punish you with grabs and such. Plus you play faster, much faster, in your movements.

That's enough meatriding for now LOL. Hopefully I can get some vids up and you guys c an help me. I took some heavy losses at the last tournament to an unranked Luigi and Kirby.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Haha thanks Gichan! Praising good **** is not "meatriding", but what I call "positive feedback"! Thanks for the kind words, really means a lot :) plus you made me look at things I didn't even notice before!

Get those vids up :D I've lost to an unranked Luigi as well (Deathnote), they were recorded and are freakin awesooooome haha! Both Luigi and Kirby are interesting matchups for Wario, but you can do well if you keep the #1 Cardinal Wario Rule in mind for most characters: Their aerials have more priority than yours. All you have to do is weave around, in and out and punish their lag with your air mobility and awesome aerials! It's what I call the "Buzzing Bee" Style, or simply punishing their lag with pokes. Tires **** as always (Deathnote COMBOOOOOO!!!!)

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Nice good **** RedShadow! Wario combo vids are the bessst haha, love the use of tires in the beginning! You can really zip around with those things!

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
I like the choice of music Red Shadow :D. Your tire usage in first part was amazing, and is a perfect example of how good they are. Nice video!

Gichan

Smash Champion
I guess the Kirby ones aren't uploaded but the matches against that Luigi are up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EvYoEL1z9w&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVKRj9uoxU0&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GZS5oyRphQ&feature=channel_video_title

I can't ****ing believe I let that first round go, that's a biiiig issue I have, it's having a hard time killing. And I see I need to practice with tires more cause man that was some garbage use of tires.

here are some others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IsSAdUXe4o&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDAEKzM-l6o&feature=channel_video_title

Any input would be great.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
LOL good **** Gichan! First off, great improvements! Top notch use of bite, beautiful Dair weaving and awesome Nair usage :D the matches were a blast to watch! Good **** against Luigi, tough matchup. Also goooood stuff on pwning Zetsu LOL! I have a few bits of advice, hear me out bro. YO DJ SPIN DAT ****!

1. Work on streamlining your movements! I loved the use of edge crashing to get the bike out, but sometimes you would stutter and pause your movement before doing so. Try and make your movements as fluid and fast as possible, minimizing your lag time. Less lag means you have more time to read your opponent and throw the bike acoordingly.

2. Usage of bike and tires: Tires are a very versatile, and very flexible weapon. Against certain characters, you have to have to use tires in a certain way. It certainly is complicated! When using tires to battle Luigi, you have to keep in mind Luigi's **** hitboxes and low hitstun. **** hitboxes means that the chance of him destroying the tire is increased greatly. Low hitstun means that even if you get a tire hit in, it is likely that he can Nair you before you can do anything (though not guaranteed).

Use the bike and tires to cover options, against Luigi and others as well as a mixup. Keep them in the air to force airdodges or lag their attack, then punish in the best way possible. When edgeguarding with the bike, first work on your speed of getting the bike out. Uthrowing it is one of the best options once you have it out, because it keeps the bike bouncing onstage effectively claiming a recovery option. Dthrowing the bike sends it plummeting downwards and can force an airdodge.

3. Having a hard time killing? Focus on that fart. Make counting the timer a habit, and try to land your farts in between 1 minute and 1:50 charge. The honest trick is to be unpredictable. The SmartFart (1 to 1:50 fart) comes out in about 5 frames, just as fast as Wario's Nair. It has decent range too, for Wario that is, so you can implement it instead of attack. When an opponent is at a higher percent, try to discern their patterns. If they whiff an attack, depending on the situation Wario is fully capable of maneuvering through their lag to land a fart. Perfectly capable.

Bottom line: Practice in training mode.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't know if this has been discovered already but it's something cool involving the jab lock properties of tires I found in training mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lvteuWVmns
That's...pretty neat. It'd be fairly difficult to set up, but if anyone can footstool, it's Wario.

Also, if our glide toss backward while throwing down has at least decent distance, this is made even better, since Wario could catch pratfalls from a distance.

Important question--Do you have to use the large tire for this to work?

| Big D |

Smash Master
that's...pretty neat. It'd be fairly difficult to set up, but if anyone can footstool, it's wario.

Also, if our glide toss backward while throwing down has at least decent distance, this is made even better, since wario could catch pratfalls from a distance.

Important question--do you have to use the large tire for this to work?
I just tested it and you can use the small tire, but you can't turn around with it.

With the small tire you have stay at the slow pace shown in method 1 or else you won't be able to re-grab the tire.

Also, if you throw the tire and the knock back sends them into a wall, they bounce off and go into a missed tech animation, using this, you also have a wall infinite. You just need to instant throw the tire down after they hit the wall and re-catch it and throw.

Gichan

Smash Champion
How do you catch the tire though? I haven't tried it yet but I can't see how one catches the tire from throwing it down.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
How do you catch the tire though? I haven't tried it yet but I can't see how one catches the tire from throwing it down.
I believe when you throw the tire down, it bounces off the opponent and instantly lands on the ground, so it's not "catching the tire" so much as it is "picking it up off the ground," which would be as simple as pressing A after throwing it.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Finished my COMBO VIDEO!! :D

Man of the Minute, combo video

SO GOOD!!!... if I do say so myself haha. Very satisfied with this one, forgot to put a **** combo in but oh well! Ty to everyone who supported the tire metagame advancement, it is paying off big time!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
pwnerioni is now my most favorite wario to watch.

Keep it up. You have come so far and improved so much!

Geerz

Smash Cadet
pwn that combo video was sick.
and Bpal are there any videos of you from brainshock beta? I heard you beat fino and I'd love to see that

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
WOW dude Reflex those matches were soooo **** haha! Love the use of edge crashing, now to make better use of those tires! :p best part hands down was the final kill against Diddy. TOOO GOOD!!!

Top Bottom