• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

2-DJeff

Smash Master
And shoutouts to allywario beating gnes?
Nutz?

But anyways that mu is 6:4 warios favor and wario isn't even his complete main. I mean yea he plays wario to cp people,which is what he did to gnes. So him winning is like: eh I saw that coming. Its a bad mu for diddy
Good job to him though
:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's 55:45 Wario if he doesn't get an awful game 1 stage. Otherwise shifts to 5:5 or a tad out of his favor. His CP being the easiest game in the set even easier than Diddy's CP (FD banned, no other stage will give Diddy 6:4 or comparable on Wario imo) is a slight advantage.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
It's 55:45 Wario if he doesn't get an awful game 1 stage. Otherwise shifts to 5:5 or a tad out of his favor. His CP being the easiest game in the set even easier than Diddy's CP (FD banned, no other stage will give Diddy 6:4 or comparable on Wario imo) is a slight advantage.
I don' see how Wario would beat Diddy solidly on any counter pick stages other than Norfair which is currently not legal and Rainbow Cruise which can just be banned

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Brinstar is clearly his favor. Frigate isn't that bad for Diddy, but it all hinges on the first transformation. Part 2 is bad for Wario vs him. I'd rather CP Delfino or Castle Siege and avoid the walkoff parts than try to deal with him on part 2 of Frigate.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I got some vids I would like input on, if you can say anthing about the DK matchup or Snake matchup please help, thanks.

DK (friendlies)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG_d-XpHzYc&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQs1XfH9Kj4&feature=channel_video_title

Snake ($5 MM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSA39xpOL24&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpaGgBGReEU&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxXQcSzTIUk&feature=relmfu

Maaan, I see yself getting hit so much, I can't figure out exactly what the bad habit is myself, I see it as bad calculations but I feel it's something else, if you can point it out that would be awesome, thanks.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Awesome vids Gichan! I think you're probably my favorite Wario to watch, because every time I see more and more tires! Good **** haha! They work a bit better against DK than against Snake, as you found out haha. Speaking of, time for a bit of advice!

Snake uses tons of grenades. What do you do about it? Well you want to avoid getting blown up when you approach, since Snake can take a bit more punishment than you therefore will live longer (generally). If you see him pulling nades and shielding defensively, punish with pummel-less grabs. If you grab Snake, a pummel will set the nade off near him so avoid pummeling.

Gimping Snake can be very beneficial, as seen in the **** first stock of the second match. Keep in mind your options for gimping, there are a few. Cypher bite, cypher grab and footstool are key things to practice in order to **** Snake off the edge. For example, you did a phenomenal cypher bite in the second match, but in the end of the first match you missed a footstool that could've won you the game. When Snake is in trouble and using his C4 to recover, you can foostool him out of the explosion. Totally ****, and not very difficult if you practice it. Just ledge drop and double jump, try to predict his DI and mash on jump. If successful, he will get his up b back but will be very low and very susceptible to a cypher bite.

How to get hit less? Well here is where the League of Legends practice comes in. You have to think a step ahead of your opponent, predict approaches and know your options. Dthrow tires more against your opponent, but try bouncing them right next to them rather than throwing it directly at them. Tires **** defensively and can be used to limit the opponent's options. Limiting options makes it easier for you to predict the option that they do. Mix up bites with your attacks to keep them from getting comfy in their shield. Avoid smash attacks unless guaranteed and use low lag aerials like Nair more.

There's lots of things we can all improve on, the best way is to watch your own matches and notice what you could have done differently. Honestly my FAVORITE Wario to watch is myself, for that exact reason. Watching other Warios can give you an idea of what to do and what not to do, watching yourself helps implement that knowledge! Great job improving Gichan, keep it up! :)

Gichan

Smash Champion
thanks again pwn. Do you happen to know any helpful tips on forcing airdodges to fart? And how do i practice footstooling snake? And should I bother using tires vs snake?

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
i just try to be aggressive with my fair/upair/bite/etc followups early game enough so that later on in the match snake's been "trained" to air dodge as their main option against me

Gichan

Smash Champion
No Croi, you, trust me I watch your matches and clearly see you cover some options I wouldn't. And your nair and grab usage is just ****, plus better farts. Too bad you woudn't be able to compete in Ontario one day, stupid Canada having to be so big. Competition here is amazing but I see your competition there is inconsistent, some **** players to some bad players.

Yeah I'll keep that in mind phiddles, I guess I do wait for them to land too much.

EDIT: If there is one MU I know it's ICs. I play a friend's ICs quite constantly. I didn't see too much bad in that match but there were still some issues.

1. Waaay too aggressive. I mean the best way isn't to be campy but that rush in was too much especially when you know they are always looking for the grab. Do a lot of nairs with buffered dashes, it's seriously important. Lots of weaving, lots, dairs, nairs, even bairs and then pull away with once again buffered dashes since they are most likely starting their dash while you are finishing your move. Btw, don't get predictable with the weaving of moves because if you make a certain timing they will start to PS it like a projectile and gain a lot of ground, which will lead to a grab.

2. Those squalls are annoying, the thing I find to hit them is at their start up, or use a retreating fair when it is getting close to you. But for the most part you were pretty effective with waiting for them to land and do an upair. Keep that up but just know that if you see a squall coming just fair it. Overall it's a good move so don't underestimate it.

3 Wait for them to start their desync because that's when their more vulnerable to a diving dair. So when you see them start the dash to desync stuff, full hop dair them, you will hit at least one of them. Plus it can sometimes separate them.

4. You play vs ICs like you would vs any other character, don't do that. When you get them to just popo, that's when you start playing like he's a regular character. Sometimes people **** up vs popo because they are still playing popo like if he had nana. That's a big mistake because his options are now significantly lower so get in there and do the do.

5. This is when I gotta strt sounding like Pwneroni, but those tires vs ICs is just amazing. They seriously **** them. Don't throw directly at them when they are doing blizzard walls but throw them at them when they are dashing, the effective thing about this is that you are interrupting their desync methods. And then obviously, create dthrow tire walls and punish other side of their shield.

There's probably way more but I really wanna watch Dexter lol. I have a ton of replays versus my friend, some wins some losses since he is simply better than me, too bad I can't upload them.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
MeekSpeedy (Sonic) vs Phiddlesticks (Wario) 1
MeekSpeedy (Sonic) vs Phiddlesticks (Wario) 2
sauc3 (MK) vs Phiddlesticks (Wario) 1
sauc3 (ICs) vs Phiddlesticks (Wario) 2
sauc3 (MK) vs Phiddlesticks (Wario) 3
Phiddlesticks (Wario) & lvl 9 Luigi vs MeekSpeedy (Sonic) & sauc3 (MK)

some friendly sets from a smashfest last weekend. just posting because i have like no wario videos, feel free to critique if you want (or dont critique if you dont want)

just make sure to at least watch the one doubles game lol

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Haha good stuff S!C :D TIRES ARE AWESOME!!! Jajajajaja

@Gichan: What I like to do is play 99 stock matches against a lvl 3 snake on battlefield. You can really easily practice cypher bites, footstools etc as well as general movement and combos. Yes you should use tires, they are the ****. Explore a bit more in depth with tires, you can do a lot of things besides throw to aerial.

SAX

Smash Ace
Damn Sax, get some more vids up, that wario is too beast to keep hidden.
I saved most of my matches at last weeks tourny. Not sure who is uploading them. But I'm going to WATO this weekend. Hopefully I can get some up. I'll make sure to play on Exdeath's wii. Or try to ^_^

And thanks for the compliment! My wario has gotten a lot faster now. I'm really happy about that. I just get impatient >.< Dat scrub mentality

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I saved most of my matches at last weeks tourny. Not sure who is uploading them. But I'm going to WATO this weekend. Hopefully I can get some up. I'll make sure to play on Exdeath's wii. Or try to ^_^

And thanks for the compliment! My wario has gotten a lot faster now. I'm really happy about that. I just get impatient >.< Dat scrub mentality
2link is so busy so i only had him do Grand Finals and LF. Exdeath is incapable to record atm. I'm relying on pit/snake boards to help me out w/my respective character(s) matches.

So basically anything from last weekend will have to be recorded from an outside source.

*hint hint* wario boards? :awesome:

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Wow Kuro was that a platform drop oos to fart, or a shield drop platform drop fart? Haha what a mouthful xD

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
XD! I believe it was the latter.

So i'm a snake main till apex. And after that it will probably be Pit+1 other true main+1secondary.(Not sure whether i want fox or pit either :( more decision problems! :mad:)
I'm a firm believe 3 characters is the perfect amount to cover anything and everything while providing variety and keeping your creative juices working.

Problem is...i'm having trouble deciding who :( I'm trying to choose based off what character fits my natural style best but i'm having troubles attaching a distinguishable form to my style so i can figure it out =/

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
My theory is to **** as much as possible with one character. If something is hard to deal with, explore your character in-depth and work past it.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Holy **** I hope someone uploads the matches of Bassem vs. Holy.

They were amazing.
Man that whole tourney was mad hype. Swordgard vs Bassem, Swordgard vs Tin, Tin vs i1337 were mad epic.

The matches will definitely be uploaded to CanadaBrawl Youtube channel. I'll post them up here whenever they are uploaded. Also, you should watch the ESChamp upload of it if you want crowd reaction, cause it was mad loud.

Phiddles and I should have done better, lost to MUs we need to learn but overall the Wario rep was great. largely due to Bassem.

I also have a ****load of vids of Bassem vs Swordgard, Holy, and myself from the night before at my place, if anyone would like to upload them for even more reference then please PM me. But I think GF and WF of the tourney is enough to cover wario vs MK.

Shoutouts to Bassem for being so much fun.

And Croi, really???! Fuuuuck man. In Ontario we have a lot of tournies really, so I guess it depends on whenever you in the mood. We usually have 40+ but the last tourney at 32. We have an mk-banned tourney on the 13th and a regular tourney on the 20th of August.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Alright Croi I'll add you on wifi soon and I'll tell you when through a PM, then I'll send the important ones to you. Thanks man.

Top Bottom