• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Match 1:
Damn Pwneroni, all your kills in that match were incredibly intelligent, especially the first one! and SH fullwafting to avoid the dtilt spam on second stock was smart too...

Match 2:
lol, u got greedy on first stock with that gimp. nice waft on the... second stock I think. after SDI-ing out of the ftilt you weaved back in and punished with waft.

overall fantastic use of nair and tires I'd say... just be a teensy bit more patient.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lucario: The secret is to time him out. Not joking at all, I would show you a video of me vs Trela if I can find one. Cause that's basically what I do.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Yeea DMG put some vids up man! Have any against good DK or D3 players? I would very much like to compare playstyles with you!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Good DK players? DK in general I just CG the crap out of him. Either from a regular grab, bite to dash grab at lower % true combo, or something like Dair to grab. Unless you are playing the matchup without the CG, then that's basically it. Dedede? You won't see anything recent of me vs a Dedede player. Against Dedede I go Diddy and play extremely campy because doing that is easier and more effective than trying it with Wario. It's not to say that I've given up on that matchup, but after playing Diddy for awhile as a secondary I'm at the point where I can definitely rely on him for MK's who don't know the matchup and for Dedede.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I love your playstyle DMG... it's what my recent playstyle is evolving to... Actually I'd love to discuss "gay tactics" :p

B.Mack

Smash Ace
increasingly impressed by your gameplay Pwneroni, I hope ur not only posting matches which you won.
You know that you're playing D3 so you stay aggressive as usual, but at the same time you are playing safe so you dont get grabbed. my only criticism would be that you should never spotdodge next to D3... you always got punished for your empty spotdodges. it's actually better to just roll back so you dont get punished unless he makes a hard read.

decent use of tires and jab cancels, although you need to work on your fart timing...

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I have yet to understand what makes you claim that honesty is a bad thing.

Like, yeah, we ARE allowed to say whatever we want. Adding a 'no offense' is having a sense of courtesy, taking offense is entirely up to you, but you have no reason to really.

Sugar-coating everything and leaving criticism for what it is is... pathetic. If you want to take offense whenever you can because you're failing at doing what you do (and getting criticism in the process), go ahead. Just don't say people don't have the right to tell other how they suck (especially if it's on-point).

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Criticism:
hmm, I think your playstyle would work better if you didnt use bair so much and maybe replaced it with dair or something safer, also you need to time your farts better.

Criticism:
LOL you ****ing suck, bair is an awful move yet you use it so much. and seriously man, if you cant even time a fart properly you should main a different character or quit the game.

I'll leave you to decide which one is helpful and which one is just a pointless bag of insults.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
simply following on from your post which appeared to say "be harsh on the person, harsh criticism and insulting the other person is how it should always be"

why not just give some helpful advice, tell the other person what they are doing wrong and you never have to say "no offence"

S!C could just as easily have said "game x and y were better than games a and b, so I think only x and y should be put up." saying some matches were a waste of time doesnt help anyone and its posts like that which are pointless. nothing personal to S!C, just using that post as an example.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Heh heh lucky for me, I did really well at this tournament and had a lot of positive matches :D I was saving the matches I lost for last, because those are the most important ones! The ones that can be learned the most from, like my matches against Viviff (can't get him off my back!) and Nerd (gotta stop gettin gimped real bad).

Pwneroni vs Viviff 1 [January 2011]
Pwneroni vs Viviff 2 [January 2011]

Pwneroni vs Nerd GF 1.1 [January 2011]
Pwneroni vs Nerd GF 1.2 [January 2011]
Pwneroni vs Nerd GF 1.3 [January 2011]

Lord Chair

Smash Master
He was stating that perhaps the OP should take another look at what should be considered worthwhile putting in the thread. You can't really expect a fully detailed analysis.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
He was stating that perhaps the OP should take another look at what should be considered worthwhile putting in the thread. You can't really expect a fully detailed analysis.
if he noticed some videos were useless then he should have pointed out the videos he found which were "useless". Dyno taking over the video thread is not for his own benefit, he's doing us a favour tbh.

No video is useless imo. even if we have 3 pages of links and links. its when someone notices something from a match that was overlooked that we find new techniques and advance our metagame.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
ok im sry^^

this match for example

Asa vs. Darkmusician - 1 [Aug 2010]

that should be wario vs zelda

i dont want to flame asa or something

B.Mack

Smash Ace
expressing the opinion that a certain match is not worthy of being up there isnt flaming as it has little to do with the actual players... its just how the match played out... Its coo.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Stop this!

:mad:
HEY!

What is this nonsense going on in MY thread???

Cut the crap about criticizing other people. I will not have this!

Critique is different.

~ note to people who are actually putting effort towards the success of this fantastic thread owned by your favorite Wario player:

I will be updating all of the vids when i get home from my High School field trip today. :awesome::awesome:

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
1. NO WIFI VIDS
2. Try to keep the vids up to date. The newer the better
3. Serious matches only <---------> in the description stands : FRIENDLIES

i never criticized anyone ;) i dont know what you want from me, dont be so rude ;D

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
ok im sry^^

this match for example

Asa vs. Darkmusician - 1 [Aug 2010]

that should be wario vs zelda

i dont want to flame asa or something
Did i make a mistake? I'm pretty sure it is wario vs zelda. Or I am not understanding you correctly.

I updated everything (hopefully i didnt miss anyone, it was mostly pwneroni though)

Shoutout to pwneroni: good **** man!

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
yes it is wario vs zelda
but in the rule stands : serious matches only

and this match is a friendlie

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
How the heck is Zelda annoying? She's sooo fun to fight against! Oh and thanks for the shoutout Dyno heh.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Shinibu (Snake) vs SSGuy (Wario) $2 Money Match:
Game 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py73Yjc79yY&feature=player_embedded#
Game 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlLcIZXtK5A&feature=player_embedded

This is the third money match I have ever won. First time it was ever recorded. I personally love the Snake matchup. It is a very fun match up to do. Since many Snakes are very technical, it can get really intense knowing that you have a mine behind you a grenade over your head and a disjointed forward tilt about to smack you in the face. lol

Edit: Plus how would I get my videos to appear on the front page of this thread? Is that for good Wario players only?

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
zelda iiiis annoying, gr 2 bair/fair
i hate it so much ;D
Dude it's soooo freakin easy not to get grabbed. Her grab is like 12 frames or something lol! Her Fair and Bair are so precise that you can just attack from her bad angles and raaaaaape@

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
Dude it's soooo freakin easy to get grabbed, if you are me. ;D
oh and i forgot her upsmash

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Zelda is a gay matchup for most chars tbh... except like, Diddy Falco MK

usmash, dtilt, dsmash... FFFFFFFFFFF

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
For a second I thought this was the Bowser boards with all this talk of Zelda being annoying.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Usmash, dtilt, dsmash. Yeah 3 *halfway* decent moves AAAUUUGHHHH!!! RUN TO THE HILLS!!!!

Honestly I have a lot of fun playing against Zelda. It's a real good time for me to practice my U-U-ULTRA COMBOS!! Plus if you get her off the side, her recovery is suuuuuper easy to punish if you don't just gimp her outright.

Top Bottom