• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

tedeth

Smash Master
Clearly Atomsk is bad. He uses jab after of a d-throw as a mixup, which you all basically said was stupid.

Wait... could it be... are YOU all stupid? :p

CO18

Smash Hero
I use jab after dthrow... why would it be bad lol you can safely react to/cover most options even the jab doesnt connect

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I use jab after dthrow... why would it be bad lol you can safely react to/cover most options even the jab doesnt connect
lmao ive been saying this for like, a year.

i did this to you at pound four in pools lmao.

it was one of the only mixups i got on you though :/

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
so what do you do when the character has a faster option then your jab like lets say snakes ftilt ?

tedeth

Smash Master
It's called frame advantage son.

Unless they have a 1-2 fram move (I don't know the exact frame data), they aren't going to be able to get a hitbox out fast enough. Even then they'd have to pretty much buffer a pivot and said move to hit in time.

I think most people's issue was that people could hit out of the jab before the grab/fsmash/whatever, but that's fairly unlikely anyway. If you're using it as a mixup people aren't going to be able to beat it on reaction very often.

If someone wanteed to punish you for it they'd basically have to ps it then pivot some mad fast attack before your grab/fsmash/whatever came out. If they spotdodge, you have mad frame advantage. If they roll through you, you have mad fram advantage. If they roll away, back to neutral position.

EDIT: CO18 could you copy/paste this post and post it as your own so people can read it and be like "Yeah that sounds reasonable"?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
It's called frame advantage son.

Unless they have a 1-2 fram move (I don't know the exact frame data), they aren't going to be able to get a hitbox out fast enough. Even then they'd have to pretty much buffer a pivot and said move to hit in time.

I think most people's issue was that people could hit out of the jab before the grab/fsmash/whatever, but that's fairly unlikely anyway. If you're using it as a mixup people aren't going to be able to beat it on reaction very often.

If someone wanteed to punish you for it they'd basically have to ps it then pivot some mad fast attack before your grab/fsmash/whatever came out. If they spotdodge, you have mad frame advantage. If they roll through you, you have mad fram advantage. If they roll away, back to neutral position.

EDIT: CO18 could you copy/paste this post and post it as your own so people can read it and be like "Yeah that sounds reasonable"?
wow i almost posted something close to this, but then clicked back a page to make sure someone hadnt. good thing i did.

But yeah hes pretty correct here.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
well a lot of people think that if something doesn't compute frame-wise, you should never ever do it. however, it's alright to do it occasionally aka when they're not expecting it. it's when you develop habits that you start to get punished.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
well a lot of people think that if something doesn't compute frame-wise, you should never ever do it. however, it's alright to do it occasionally aka when they're not expecting it. it's when you develop habits that you start to get punished.
I sorta have this problem. The way i play, i just feel like i shouldnt get hit by anything at all and i get to defensive. I try to avoid every hit while trying to get some damage off and it just doesnt work. I have to break my fear.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
man asa you had some SICK combos in a few of those videos. good ****!! you could work on punishing a little bit, but on the whole good **** man.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
one little time i noticed was at 2:24 against dehf. just punishing small things like that will help polish up your game to be even better than it already is. once you get enough polish on, you'll be able to beat the top dogs :)

but really dude the way you use nair is awesome. leads to some siiiick combos eh? :p

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Matches from Battle of the South II
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283296

JNig vs Batto (MK/Peach) Losers Finals
1:36:20-1:39:40 Match 1
1:40:10-1:46:45 Match 2
1:47:15-1:51:45 Match 3
http://www.justin.tv/c/monsters_arcade/b/268011107

Hyro (TL) vs JNig Grand Finals Set 1
1:54:50-end of vid
http://www.justin.tv/c/monsters_arcade/b/268011107
continues on next vid, 0:00-0:50 Match 1
1:20-6:07 Match 2
7:10-13:20 Match 3
14:00-20:05 Match 4
21:30-27:35 Match 5
http://www.justin.tv/c/monsters_arcade/b/268013768

He beat me 3-1 in winners finals so...
Set 2
31:23-38:20 Match 1
38:30-43:10 Match 2
43:30-48:00 Match 3
http://www.justin.tv/c/monsters_arcade/b/268013768

Asa

Smash Hero
snake vid was good

against ddd
16:26 - you used your fart way too early. Save it to punish his up-b at later percents
17:40 - c'mon punish
18:15 - bite beats inhale

plz be campy in this match, plz plz plz
make sure you are aware of your stage positioning, stay near the edges of the stage

for the 3rd snake vid, **** good ****, good reads
you were using fart a little too early though
22:38 - was there a reason why you didn't bthow/dthrow?

Asa

Smash Hero
don't bike at ddd they'll grab you, then you'll be down 30% + and you won't have your bike

1:31 - was that fsmash a mistake? you gotta be really careful on that transformation, since the big stage will make you take a lot of damage if you get grabbed

when you get grabbed at low percents and he pummels like twice, mash out of that ****

1:42 - like i said be careful! you could've easily whiffed that bite, gotten grabbed, and taken 50 damage

2:04 - Don't bike at him, you'll get grabbed/bair'd

3:20 - missed edgeguard opportunity. get that ledge to force ddd onto the stage

3:25 - if you see him randomly inhaling, go in w/ bite. Bite beats inhale

3:46 :( missed edgeguard opportunity. NEVER let DDD recover that easily

good fart at 2:20 though

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I suppose at 1:31 I was going for a read, I can't really remember what I was thinking there.

I was also playing extremely cautious about the edgeguarding, because I didn't wanna get suicided. Perhaps a bit too cautious. Thanks for the information. I'll also stop biking at D3, I sure got punished for it that match.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Oh and good match pie disliker! yeah sure it was wifi, but it was still intense and you made some good and bad decisions.

One thing you might wanna do is start trying to wiggle out of grabs. the D3 was getting 2 pummels in between each grab, which really adds up to insane amounts. you probably took like 40% from pummels that match.

Top Bottom