• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Video & Critique Thread -- Diamond City Theater

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Thanks for the advice asa I never noticed the thing with snake. I'll try to keep that in mind. He'll even I expect the get up attack when I dthrow someone as snake. I did play pretty sloppy vs the d3 in the beginning. Thanks for the advice.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK-HKcN9t7o
i thought i had a second jump at the end
0:07 dont approach with bike
0:10 you could have followed up that dair with a bite.
0:12 your upair would have been a better choice there.
0:18 shoulda shield grabbed.
0:20 after the second hit of the nair you could have: jabbed, Fsmashed, dtilted, bite.
0:21 that jab could have been followed up with a bite, you would have gotten more damage than the second hit of the jab.
0:41 when you are above rob watch for the shield. If he shield (like he did there) you were suppose to bite.
0:54 coulda double jump bite
1:06 ftilt is too slow to punish airdodge to the ground, you shoulda bite or shield grabbed.
1:11 when he is doing that to you, SDI the jab.
1:23 if you get in the spotdodge situation with rob, you are going to lose dont challenge it. Just hold your bite out there.
1:24 you missed the jab cancel fsmash because u werent close enough.
1:27 you were close enough to him when you jabbed, if you fsmashed after the jab you woulda got him.
1:36 you gotta watch for the airdodges, clap woulda worked just fine to kill but you just wasted your waft.
1:41 when rob is charging a smash and he knows he is going to miss, he will most likely go into his shield or spotdodge, your best option in that situation was to bite. you woulda got him.
1:42 you should have lived if you Di'd upward and you used your bike way to early it kinda increases your death box or w/e and doesnt really help momentum wise.

I'm too lazy to go on further.

overall: when you are jumping around rob watch him. If he doesnt shield > dair. If he shields > bite. That simple.

edit: dont get too fsmash happy when he is in kill %. you didnt spam it but it was kinda obv that you were trying to go for it. Try to get rob above you and clap him or something. you should be able to read and kill rob when he is in the air. He will either nair, bair or airdodge.

Edit2: if you are going to spotdodge > fsmash when they are right next to you, try to mix it up and do spotdodge > upB. you will save your fsmash for the kill and it deals 19 damage fresh. Its not as predictable, most people never see it coming and arent a custom to punishing it and if you miss you have really good air mobility.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
a critique from dyno I'm jealous =/. he just tells me not to play wifi =/.
I love all warios equally. with the exception of snap, waymas, snackattack, malcolm, masky, chair, fox16, AL, ASA, Pwneroni, zebra, phantx, pado, zigsta, DP, DMG, Shift, bassem, shaslam, jnig, tbtc, 6hyper9 and dyno.

You guys suck.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I love all wario's equally. with the exception of snap, waymas, snackattack, malcolm, masky, chair, fox16, AL, ASA, Pwneroni, zebra, phantx, pado, zigsta, DP, DMG, Shift, bassem, shaslam, jnig, tbtc, 6hyper9 and dyno.

You guys suck.
:(

I should get some games of my Wario recorded and put them up here.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
:(

I should get some games of my Wario recorded and put them up here.
you forget sir, the people are the people i hate. like.. ide pour salt in your wounds if had the chance.

Cuz im salty like dat.

naw. I wouldn't mind critiquing again. I just dont wanna do it for the whole game. Maybe the first min or stock.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I love all warios equally. with the exception of snap, waymas, snackattack, malcolm, masky, chair, fox16, AL, ASA, Pwneroni, zebra, phantx, pado, zigsta, DP, DMG, Shift, bassem, shaslam, jnig, tbtc, 6hyper9 and dyno.

You guys suck.
LoL I love you too.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I try to avoid pointing out every detail that could have gone differently, because Wario is such a flexible character that he can be played many many different ways. However I will point out some general things that could be improved.

Sup UliuLI, great match against Victor! Just remember that Wario only has one jump xD

1:08 - When ROB pummel releases you, no ground move or aerial will come out fast enough to hit him if he does it right. Spotdodge or rolling away are your best options.

2:04 - Dairs at low percents can lead into a grab or bite, instead of nothing lol.

2:48 - When ROB hits you away, don't pull your bike immediately. Watch for his laser shot, because it's liable to hit you off your bike above the abyss if you don't dodge it. Wait and airdodge so you don't graped.

3:00 - Great fart! Punishing airdodges is one of the best ways to land the waft. Smart Bomb Technology Style ftw!

Don't airdodge into the ground directly in front or behind your opponent. Generally a bad habit, both you and Victor did this a lot. You ***** him with like 50 grabs (good ****), and he punished you a few times with like ftilt (not too bad).

Oh and where are my vids on the Wario list? I put a few up vs tommy, Nerd and Eggz :/ just ignore the ustream one lol.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion

You guys suck.
It was obviously opposite day yesterday.

<3

KAB1

Smash Apprentice
Hello is this the critique thread? Because I need serious Wario help!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBmLaRR5gX0
vs Snake, two stocked on Battlefield

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5NlOztnzFU&feature=related
same Snake, JV-two stocked on RC

I've been having a lot of trouble playing with Wario since I started, and I've just now realized that two of my matches were recorded. I feel that is someone tells me what I'm doing wrong, I can get better. So it would much appreciated if someone could critique my Wario!

SnackAttack

Smash Champion

Asa

Smash Hero
hrm.. idk

i think i don't grab too much in the yoshi mu cuz i'm too concerned about not getting grabbed

there were a few times when i landed a nair that i could've grabbed, in retrospect.

i was at high percent so i was more concerned with getting damage from fsmash, but ya a grab would've been better for positioning and almost the same amount of damage (aka wasn't thinking :p)

if i grab at all it's usually to punish him trying to get back on stage

Shift

Smash Journeyman
hrm.. idk

i think i don't grab too much in the yoshi mu cuz i'm too concerned about not getting grabbed

there were a few times when i landed a nair that i could've grabbed, in retrospect.

i was at high percent so i was more concerned with getting damage from fsmash, but ya a grab would've been better for positioning and almost the same amount of damage (aka wasn't thinking :p)

if i grab at all it's usually to punish him trying to get back on stage
I think it was wise not to grab. Yoshi has a good grab game and with getting grab released by Yoshi is a nightmare for Wario. Yoshi can rack up damage fast with that strategy so it's kind of dangerous to try and go in for a lot of grabs against him, imo. If you can sneak in a grab through a nair then great but trying to get a solid grab on him, not so great. Pivot grabs work if you can read some rolls, but other than that, taking the safe approach is better: read and punish.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Reeeeally freakin boring to watch, except for the last one because it's harder to be campy on FD. That's just my opinion, if that's your style then more power to ya! Amazing farts though, pretty sure you landed them 100% of the time. Now THAT'S what I call Smart Bomb Technology!

Asa

Smash Hero
ya i don't really like playing ps1 in friendlies/seriouslies but it happened lol.. twice.. in a row D:

and it's so easy to be campy on fd

landing farts while edgeguarding is very satisfying

femmetriforce

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Asa for the uploads =D, but I'm Colombian like the coffee, like Shakira, not Columbian from the USA, well I hope for good comments

Edit: Have you seen Modern Family? Well I'm from the city where Gloria is from =D

Snes1030

Smash Rookie
excellent quality thanks for uploading videos, we do not know
but thanks.
Greetings.

Asa

Smash Hero
ROUND 1

1:57 - don't attempt a dash grab, there's no way that would've worked
2:33 - lol
2:45 - perfect opportunity to waft
2:59- against better people biking at them without having them commit to a move first will get you punished. but it worked against him so w/e lol
3:23 - ehhhh don't roll.. then dsmash..
3:58 - fair is much better than bair for momentum cancelling
4:42 (and other spots) - if you connect the first jab, follow up with a grab
5:33 - mistake? should've fsmashed ftw
5:54 - again. should've biked. work on your reaction time as well, i think you could've punished his tornado with that uair if you had acted faster

Croi

Smash Lord
All good tips. I do know I was getting a little too aggressive, smashing when I should be grabbing. I should really work on that.

1:57 was supposed to be a dacus, actually. I don't know why I tried; I can't actually do it. Someday I will learn.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
Croi :warioc: vs. billybeegood :metaknight: Grand Finals Frag For Cancer 5 September 25

R1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6a3x9PK7Z8
R2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0ZpnoGdd3U
R3 & R4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5qWKoWWDPc
R5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76BTPIUFbAk (I thought this was a good idea at the time :urg: )

Critiques would be awesome.
Pretty solid until you went to Distant Planet. :ohwell:

Honestly, you need to nair more. Nair is really good to bait and if you're quick enough you can nair to grab the moment you hit the floor. When you did nair, they were good ones, I'll give it that. Fair pokes are always good too.

Pick a better CP. :|

Top Bottom