• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok Hunger, but when we play we have to Wario ditto.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
That's actually a good choice, Hunger.

Personally, I do like to use Wario much more than Marth, but using Marth as a main or secondary is always a good choice. Can't really go wrong with him if you know what you're doing.

As for Doubles. Wario > Marth. Hands down.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Why don't I post here anymore? Don't I love you guys?

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
When in hitstun if a Zelda or Shiek jumps and down B's at the same time, they get a fairly large vertical boost and use transform, there is a video of this somewhere on youtube. Whilst at a tournament yesterday, I found out that Wario can perform the same trick with his bike, by jumping and forward B-ing at the same time, whilst in hitstun, Wario will rise the height of 2 of his second jumps while bringing out the bike as if you had done it with no jump input. My question is this: "Is this technique already known, because I have not seen this posted in any thread, despite is usefulness in recovering from spikes, and its situantional usefulness in getting out of combos/strings of attacks?" (I didn't want to start another thread on this incase it was already known, however, if it isn't known, I may create one to spread the news to the Wario community better, and to encourage more discussion on the topic).

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Okay... I'm thinking of picking up Wario as a secondary

because someone enslaved me and I have no choice but to obey him....

however I'm only doing it under one condition: I GET EGGMAN WARIO!!!

So I found the pcs file for Eggman Wario, but where da' hell is the pac? Game will freeze without it. :(

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Okay... I'm thinking of picking up Wario as a secondary

because someone enslaved me and I have no choice but to obey him....

however I'm only doing it under one condition: I GET EGGMAN WARIO!!!

So I found the pcs file for Eggman Wario, but where da' hell is the pac? Game will freeze without it. :(

This is pretty stupid and I also think you should ask this in the smash workshop area since this really has nothing to do with wario

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
This is pretty stupid and I also think you should ask this in the smash workshop area since this really has nothing to do with wario
Really guy?

While there is a better chance of finding the information in the workshop forums, its still relevent to wario. Moreso than my last question here was.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Really guy?

While there is a better chance of finding the information in the workshop forums, its still relevent to wario. Moreso than my last question here was.
yeah man it actually had nothing to do with Wario.

Any recommend back ups for Wario or is he good enough to just go dolo at tournies.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm starting to pick up Wario.... again for the fourth time. The last time I stop using him because I hated fighting him, but then again that's a terrible reason. Any news that changed with Wario that I'm not aware of?

Romulox2010

Smash Rookie
most people will pick up another secondary just in case ( mine is zss) but wario just has kind of MU versatility that most other characters dont have. that and an awesome mustache

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
darky's answer wasnt really that clear....
only characters who hold you above the ground (so your feet dangle) can grab release you normally. If you mash up on the joystick trying to get out, or if they grab you over the ledge you will get grab released into the air.

diddy cannot grab release wario unless he grabs you by the ledge, which can (and should only) happen if he banana locks you....

and from a grab release at the edge, diddy can spike, fair, or diddy hump into a footstool which can kill if you dont mash out

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
wow darky...

diddy cannot grab release wario unless he grabs you by the ledge

the way to tell is if your feet dangle when they grab you

and from a grab release at the edge, diddy can spike, fair, or diddy hump into a footstoll which can kill if you dont mash out
That's why I said Banana Locks you across the stage.
I should have said 'ledge' to be more exact.
Grabbing out of a dash can hold him over the ledge. lol

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
btw, diddy can grab release to another grab with proper timing i think. everything toobusytocare said is right though.

Slepten

Smash Apprentice
but if I don't mash out of the grab (which gets me grab released) won't I be attacked by grab attacks?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
yea your right.. i totally was considering maining LUCAS and asking for a LUCAS texture. Not Wario-related one bit. My bad, bro.

So no Warios here use texture hacks?

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
And I have had the c-stick make me jump (even though it makes no sense)
I think the C-Stick can make you jump if you buffer a flick. I second Bowser and use tilt-stick configuration. When I do his grab release -> forward tilt I used to just grab and flick the c-stick as fast as possible to pummel and buffer the tilt. 50% of the time Bowser would just short hops instead of tilting. I never figured out why, but I think the same thing goes for smash sticking.

I'm probably ****ting all over some Brawl mechanic I'm unfamiliar with, but that has been my experience.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I think the C-Stick can make you jump if you buffer a flick. I second Bowser and use tilt-stick configuration. When I do his grab release -> forward tilt I used to just grab and flick the c-stick as fast as possible to pummel and buffer the tilt. 50% of the time Bowser would just short hops instead of tilting. I never figured out why, but I think the same thing goes for smash sticking.

I'm probably ****ting all over some Brawl mechanic I'm unfamiliar with, but that has been my experience.
This used to happen to me when I B sticked there's a bug whenever you set your C-stick to anything else. It also does nuetral attacks at time like a jab or neutral b.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
This used to happen to me when I B sticked there's a bug whenever you set your C-stick to anything else. It also does nuetral attacks at time like a jab or neutral b.
If you go back (opposite way you are facing) and up slightly with b-stick you will do neutral b. You can use it to do "wave bouncing" in the air. More Bowser stuff I've learned. Wario's bite hinders (cancels?) your horizontal momentum so I don't think he can do it.

I'm pretty sure Wario can "wave bounce" the bike. That seems to be the mechanic behind that bike glitch I found.

If anyone is ever curious go look at some of the techs on the other boards. Some of them can be applied to Wario and it'll make you look at your play style in a new way.

Top Bottom