• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Jar'd

Smash Ace
After wasting most of the time at smashfests playing Wario dittos with Wobbles, I'm pretty sure utilt ***** a lot in dittos. He would easily combo it into bites and grabs, and **** me multiple other ways with it.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
How useful are Wario's tires? When should you use them?
When they are on a the field and you are confident with them. It's not really worthwhile to pull them out on purpose.
They have good hitstun. A falling z-drop sets up fart.
Wario's glide-toss is also nice because all directions/throws go the same distance.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Sorry for the double post.
I'm just posting on the other page so it won't be missed.

Post #1245
Hello Wario mains!
My friend, GemN, plays Wario and you may have seen him post in a here a few times.
He went up against my Snake and critique for him will be very helpful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAi9cK8qPOI

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
I faced a lucario lately and i have to say it was really no fun. Do lucarios usually auro camp and then roll away? The match took like 9 minutes. I even planked him because i had the lead so he would have to approuch anyway. Even if its a noob tactic its not easy to punish his rolling. I can predict them sometimes but. Its only fitting that i ended the match with this.

tedeth

Smash Master
Ha ha ha I was interviewing M2K and Fiction at EVO and Fiction ran away without answering that question. I'll put the video on youtube when I have the energy. Was pretty lols.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ha ha ha I was interviewing M2K and Fiction at EVO and Fiction ran away without answering that question. I'll put the video on youtube when I have the energy. Was pretty lols.
WAIT I SAW THAT!!! Lol I was wondering why Fiction was running away like that lol.

pup42512n

Smash Rookie
Link keeps dodging and shielding everything I do with his ridiculous side-dodge, and every time I try to bite to stop that he simply rolls and smashes me. halp.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Link keeps dodging and shielding everything I do with his ridiculous side-dodge, and every time I try to bite to stop that he simply rolls and smashes me. halp.
Use nair to punish his sidestep. bite isnt near as good at punishing side steppers as nair. Ive used dair to punish them too but i doesnt work as well as nair.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Lol, that match isn't WiFi. No one will watch my friends Wario? :mad:
Overall i have to say not bad. That was a good snake he was playing to. Id would advise him to not fsmash to much. I noticed that the snake just held his shield up and waited for wario to fsmash the shield then he punished with ftilt. He should really bite more. It goes through shield. Also he trys the dair to fsmash too much too. Im not saying its a bad combo but it he really overused it. And tell him to use half charged fart.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Thanks for the compliment on my Snake. ;D
He tried to use half-walt, but I was utilizing my grenades from a far distance so he was unable to do so.
Thanks for your input, I know he lurks these boards often, so he's sure to see your post.

Anyone else willing to watch will be greatly appreciated~ ;DDD

pAce

Smash Cadet
I've watched some videos and most Warios seem to do a full-hop/double jump d-air a lot, rather than short-hopped d-airs. Is this generally a good idea?

Padô

Smash Lord
Double jump dair and full hop dair are one of the best options for Wario to approach, some character have no way or a hard time to deal with those . SH Dairs are easy to punish with tilts or other high priority Fair like Marth's Fair.

BMX

Smash Lord
Double jump Dairs generally mix up the approaching game and keeps you in an unpredictable state, with other options being SH Dairs and rising Dairs. Those choices give opponents a hard time.

I would like to know something, though.

Is the Wario board up for the MK ban? I'm not.

Discuss.

pAce

Smash Cadet
Double jump dair and full hop dair are one of the best options for Wario to approach, some character have no way or a hard time to deal with those . SH Dairs are easy to punish with tilts or other high priority Fair like Marth's Fair.
What makes it so hard to deal with?

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
SH dairs and rising dairs are very nice for comboing. However, they can be shield grabbed quite easily and they're also limited to low % combos on heavies while having to stay in the air, and wario only has 2 jumps. Full hopped/DJ dairs allow you to follow up with a grab, bite, or another aerial, which allows you to continue your onslaught on the opponent. More importantly, with these follow-ups, you land on the ground and get your jumps back. That's the main reason i prefer FH and DJ dairs to rising or SH. Also, it's harder to deal with because not many characters have an attack that has a hitbox diagonal to their heads, which is where you want to come in from with a DJ/FH dair. Most characters are too short to have any answer for it, while others just have slow attacks. There are exceptions though (Snake, marth, etc.). Lastly, you can still do low % combos w/ DJ/FH dairs, you will probably just get less % out of it, so there isn't too big of a difference.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
Can someone explain how to properly buffer Wario's chain grab. It always seems I fail at it since my opponent spot-dodges or w/e

Padô

Smash Lord
wckd you must buffer it right after wario clinches his fists, remember, it only works against wolf DK Bowser Falco(diminished) and etc...

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
where can i see current Matchups?
What is a good secondary for Wario?
MK and Snake covers with advantage against the 2 matchups of Wario that are disadvantage, while DK and Wolf covers with even the two matchups and ZSS and Marth have advantage over Peach and even against Marth.

The matchup chart is here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226315

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
From Wario's frame data it looks like anything that gives you a frame advantage of at least 11 (6 jump + 5 fart) will work. Most characters' frame data has the "frame advantage" listed for all moves. Obviously though you need to be close enough though after they hit your shield
I think jump is 7 frames, so 12 frames not looking at human error. But yea, i'm really not looking forward to studying every chars frame data to see what I can punish. I'll probably just look at the tourney viable chars

AN IMPORTANT QUESTION

In a team battle, if Wario farts right before he loses his final stock, then two minutes later if he share-stocks, will he have a charged fart? (i'll probably test this out later and let you guys know)
These are the type of questions people should be asking. We get too many random questions that don't further our metagame. I usually troll so I'm guilty of it too XD

Top Bottom