• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
Any tips against MK? :/
I always seem to try some random stupid **** and end up losing in tournaments against MKs.
He's actually one of my most played MU's as DK and I usually do better with him against MK but obv. I dont want to have DK as a character that I would use against MKs.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Any tips against MK? :/
I always seem to try some random stupid **** and end up losing in tournaments against MKs.
He's actually one of my most played MU's as DK and I usually do better with him against MK but obv. I dont want to have DK as a character that I would use against MKs.
Apply constant pressure and dont give him time to think because if you do, he well constantly space you and wall you out with his moves. Get up close and personal with him. You can be just outside of grab range. This will pressure the mk to make a move and then you can react and punch accordingly. F-smash him when he tries to ledgehop>nado to get back on stage.

Mixing in random dacuses will really screw with their sense of security. Upthrow is better to use than fthrow until you hit like 90% or so because then he will be going up anyway. You want him to be above you, then count his air jumps (5) and then upair him or fart him if he tries airdodging into the ground.

Mix your approach up. Dairs work well sometimes but fairs, airdodging behind or right in front of him and run up sheild are nice mix ups too. Be careful not to leave your bike on stage as it makes it really easy for mk to gimp you.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Reflex, can I get ur opinion on the MK match up? like wat to do and etc
u said that campy mk ***** wario is there anything wario can do ? can he tire or something t.t

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
quick question:

so i'm trying to practice the buffer-cg on falco. how i'm doing it is:

-training mode
-set dummy to 50%
-set dummy to jump

i'm pretty sure if i do it right he shouldnt be able to jump between grabs. i just wanted to make sure i'm practicing correctly (i'll try to upload a vid if there's some confusion)

bassem6

Smash Lord
The cg starts at 52%. Im not sure if it has to get staler and staler as youre doing it for it to work all the way up to 120% but in training mode, the moves stay constantly fresh so if its not working, then thats something you may want to consider.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
I say to do stuff like that in matches to make sure that training mode doesn't screw with it. Have a player next to you try and break out for more accurate results and practice.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Reflex, can I get ur opinion on the MK match up? like wat to do and etc
u said that campy mk ***** wario is there anything wario can do ? can he tire or something t.t
I'll post it tomorrow afternoon (or tomorrow morning, if you're lucky); I have work in the morning and should get some sleep.

It's not impossible, but you have to work WAY harder than you should have to. You have to straight-up outplay and read his mind many, many times.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Okay, here we go--

Meta Knight has a number of options that basically take multiple hard reads in order to get in on.

If he uses retreating F-Air, you pretty much have to be moving toward him at the same time that he jumps in the first place in order to get into range before he can just poke you away. From there, he can do his 22-frame forward roll to avoid and disorient you, spotdodge to avoid your inevitable action, or Shuttle Loop through a potential attack. Based on that, you would think, "Okay, well, I could just wait for him to do something," but that doesn't work because his tilts, D-Smash, N-Air, tornado, and grab all work quite well if you hesitate for even the slightest bit of time.

Since he moves much faster than you on the ground, he sets the pace for spacing in general, and sword swings allow him to prevent trading from being a reasonable option with anything but Waft and the occasional B-Air. You can either push your luck with a spotdodge and hope that he's grabbing at that time, hope that he decides to put himself in the air, do an attack with weak range and hope he's not shielding or doing an attack at that time (right), or airdodge near him and hope that he didn't just wait for you to do something or that his attack didn't end before your spotdodge. Worse still--You have no good ground moves to compete with him, even if you're both in neutral animation on the ground. If you give chase while you're both in the air, he can just beat whatever you're going to do with Mach Tornado.

Work time, though. I made this sound very bleak, but I'll describe what you -can- do about it when I'm finished with work.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Wow, thanks Reflex, that helped me. It seems that the Wario player needs to play better, make no mistakes, or make a lot more reads than his opponent. It's a MU where you always need to be playing and paying attention.

BPx

Smash Lord
sup waribros, i had an idea today.

would you guys want me to make a MU "cheat sheat" ? We wouldn't necessarily need to include specifics about how to play the MUs, but I think a thread where we list all of the other characters, good places to CP them, and where to ban would be reallly beneficial. I played a pika at E52 and took him to rainbow cruise like a moron, and if we consolidated everything into a single thread it will probably make some of us newer warios more MU literate so simple mistakes like that wouldn't happen >.<

Just throwing the idea by you guys before I make the thread :D
let me know what you think

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
There's the BBR MU sheet, but that's not as accurate and specific. I just saw something like this in the Diddy thread. If someone would be up to it, then I would contribute and would seem like fun.

Labernash

Smash Lord
I like it sir. I think the Donkey Kongs have one. It's pretty handy there. Maybe include tips like "poke with FAir alot, early kills with Waft, don't chase offstage" kinda thing.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Sorry about not responding earlier. I have work again now, and my brother's wedding is tomorrow. :(

Quick question, though--Can we Gatling Combo people at low percents? (That's Dash Attack -> U-Smash, like Falco.) That would give us another use for that Frame 4 Dash Attack.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Wow, thanks Reflex, that helped me. It seems that the Wario player needs to play better, make no mistakes, or make a lot more reads than his opponent. It's a MU where you always need to be playing and paying attention.
If you aren't paying attention you don't deserve to win any MU, paying attention and making reads is applicable in every matchup.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but MK isn't as forgiving as other characters sometimes. MK has the best punishes, so you need to play almost perfectly, or have better skill level than your opponent.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Sorry about not responding earlier. I have work again now, and my brother's wedding is tomorrow. :(

Quick question, though--Can we Gatling Combo people at low percents? (That's Dash Attack -> U-Smash, like Falco.) That would give us another use for that Frame 4 Dash Attack.
Like, hit them with Dash Attack, they pop up, then fall into our U-Smash?

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Yeah, but MK isn't as forgiving as other characters sometimes. MK has the best punishes, so you need to play almost perfectly, or have better skill level than your opponent.
You're making literally zero sense whatsoever and are reminding me of why I'm not a regular here anymore.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Best punishes? Not really, unless you mean off stage if you DI a SL really poorly

Labernash

Smash Lord
how the **** do i fight GW with wario
this match up is impossible to me
I used to play GW alot. Not an expert, but this is what I can think of.

- Bait B-Air/F-air, shield, then OoS N-Air him.
- Minute wafts are good here.
- Don't rush in, he's got good tilts and smashes.
- B-Air when he's offstage, but don't chase him to far.
- Butt taunt.
- Clap is really handy. Don't risk clapping his D-Air.
- Watch for his F-Smash. Kills early.
- Tell him he can catch wafts in his bucket for free kills.
- F-Air poke him?
- F-throw him. Or B-Throw if it'll get him offstage.
- Grab his big black sasuage and make him beep.

Sorry, this is all I got. Just space well and make him angry. =/

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I used to play GW alot. Not an expert, but this is what I can think of.

- Bait B-Air/F-air, shield, then OoS N-Air him.
- Minute wafts are good here.
- Don't rush in, he's got good tilts and smashes.
- B-Air when he's offstage, but don't chase him to far.
- Butt taunt.
- Clap is really handy. Don't risk clapping his D-Air.
- Watch for his F-Smash. Kills early.
- Tell him he can catch wafts in his bucket for free kills.
- F-Air poke him?
- F-throw him. Or B-Throw if it'll get him offstage.
- Grab his big black sasuage and make him beep.

Sorry, this is all I got. Just space well and make him angry. =/
LOL best advice ever!! xD love the butt taunt haha! Nair Oos too good!

Top Bottom