• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario momentum glitch

Voynich

Smash Rookie
i'm guessing that it's his air mechanics that allow him to do this, seeing as it's also the reason for that damn grab release

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I'm curious as to what happens if Wario does this after he gets meteor smashed.

I presume he'd either go flying back the way he came, or go down even further.

Doctor Destructo

Smash Journeyman
Now this is what I like to see, combined with his tripping dash attack, this makes up for the grab-release return in my book.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
So, anything new regarding this? Is it still possible? I only managed to get small results from it.

Edit: Ok, holding up and not letting go makes me go suicide at 50%. lol

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
You actually have near complete control over the direction Wario goes in. The only thing that matters is that your directional input is angled upward to some degree, no matter small it is. So basically, you can send Wario anywhere within a 180 degree radius.

Also, the bike stops his momentum once it goes into motion, so if you think you're in danger of SDing or simply want to stop flying earlier, you can just hop onto the bike.

Last edited:

Magik0722

Smash Champion
How is this glitch done, exactly? This would be really useful for any Wario mains.

Hope it's not patched.
You simply hold up during the time you are sent flying. Then push the direction to want to go after the stun goes away. Takes getting used to not holding up after the stun goes away.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I've come to the conclusion that you almost never want to be holding up at an angle steeper then maybe 20 degrees or so, as it becomes drastically easier to accidentally SD the steeper the angle gets.

On the other hand, I've been able to consistently use the glitch to safely recover by angling up so slightly on the stick that I'm practically just holding straight to the left/right.

GUIGUI

Smash Journeyman
I don't suppose this is just the new "vectoring" technique that happens to have a markedly bigger effect on Wario? Either way, those trajectories were insane.
Actually, I think that's exactly what it is. Wario has the biggest vectoring effect.

He is Vector Man

I don't think this is glitch, but a feature. I will take it like it anyway.

GUIGUI

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, people should stop calling it a glitch. It's so easy to do it could not be overlooked.

Plus, it is specifically designed so that you can't use it to go down, meaning it can't be used to recover directly to the ground.

It's clear to me Sakurai had fun maxing out the vectoring ability of Wario and it wa too funny to remove. He only prevented it from being usable to go down.

Take a look at this:
http://webmup.com/17i5U/

I want to see what Pro will do with that one.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
This doesn't seem like vectoring for the fact that it kicks in after Wario has reached the end of his launch trajectory, as opposed to changing the trajectory he's launched at to begin with.

That and there's other pretty simple glitches, like Olimar losing his ability to use his Pikmin if you down smash immediately after you down throw someone.

Last edited:

Curlz

Smash Lord
Was acting online against someone named Austin earlier today and he did that glitch. He was living up to 200% by using this. Wario is gonna be a scary character to play against if this doesn't get patched.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
The glitch doesn't actually let you survive hits that should've KO'd you outright.

It just makes you virtually impossible to edgeguard.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The glitch doesn't actually let you survive hits that should've KO'd you outright.

It just makes you virtually impossible to edgeguard.
Also means Wario can get back to neutral no matter what.

Mataata

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mataata
3DS FC
2964-8599-6875
I fought against a Wario today who used this. I had already known about the glitch, but it was sitll interesting seeing it ingame.

It also killed him a few times after knocking him to the top of the screen..

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Anyone else use this as an approach?

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Still works after the update.

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
ive been having so much fun with this glitch if they remove it ill cry

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
If you have not heard by now, Wario has a crazy, even game breaking glitch in the 3d6 version of Smash U.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N88FInWUfVo

So let's talk about this. Im my opinion, this is game breaking and I hope it's get patched out of both versions. Global glitches that change how a game is played I'm all for (Think Wave dashing in fighting games, and Rocket jumping in FPS) but a glitch that only is for one character and let's them break the game so far that it could lead to Smash 4 being all Wario dittos. they can't patch this out soon enough and if they don't we'll see 4 more years of melee at EVO.

Make your opinions on the matter known here. Want this to stay? or want it gone? Say it loud, say it proud.

Last edited:

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
IMO its not a big deal. One of my friends while in a match and he killed himself accidentally. Its a hilarious glitch to say the least and if it gets patched (or not) I really don't care.

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
Fallacy. Just because one person isn't good at it doesn't mean everyone will be. Remember in brawl where everyone was metaknight because he was so much better then any other character, and every match was Metaknight dittos? Want that to happen to smash 4? because if this doesn't get patched out there is no reason for everyone to not main Wario.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I disagree both with "this is game breaking" and "this should be patched out immediately". When wobbling invaded the Melee scene, there was a distinct lack of Ice Climber players taking over and winning all tournaments. It became quite clear early on that Ice Climbers were beatable.

This definitely requires a Wait And See approach. Wario is far from broken, and this just expands his options. That does not automatically put him in the realm of unfair supremacy. Also, what if it is discovered that an obscure character proves to be a hard counter for him?

BBC7

Smash Ace
What's game-breaking about it? Wario has to vector upwards in order to initiate the glitch, which means that U-Smashes, U-Throws, and U-Airs will kill much earlier if the Wario in question has gotten too accustomed to holding upwards after taking a hit.

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
At the point UP Smash and Up throw can be vectored out of, only spikes can't be vectored. You only die from it if you hold UP to long. We are looking at Wario dittos where both sides are living close to 300%, and I don't like that forecast.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
At the point UP Smash and Up throw can be vectored out of, only spikes can't be vectored. You only die from it if you hold UP to long. We are looking at Wario dittos where both sides are living close to 300%, and I don't like that forecast.
There have been far worse offenses in the smash universe that did not result in the character/technique being banned. Is this really as bad as you think it'll get? Are you insinuating that this Wario ditto results from Wario completely annihilating the rest of the cast?

Ironically, the same channel highlights a blatant Wario weakness: http://youtu.be/szd9f7i1Qo8

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Broken things like this should get patched. I'm not sure why there's even debate about it. The same channel says ZSS infinite combo shouldn't need patching because it requires skill to do.

The point is if it's possible, it doesn't need to be in the game. It's broken. Of course it needs patching.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Even though I wouldn't care if this stayed or was patched, I can see it being patched personally. The technique seems situational at best, but as the meta grows, I could see how some of his potential follow-ups out of this could be devastating / broken.

I hope that if this is patched, they'll fix Wario's grab-release problem as well. Characters still suffering from this in this series' 4th instalment is just unacceptable in my opinion.

IPoit

Smash Rookie
I'm not a hater but I think this will be patch, Wario is already good and now he can 'fly'? This is a little bit unfair in MY OPINION

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
So many characters have recoveries that basically prevent them from dying except from blasts anyway, this keeps Wario competitive but not broken.

Top Bottom