• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario momentum glitch

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
patched or not hes still the freaking best character and wont change how good he is.

Doctor Destructo

Smash Journeyman
At its absolute worst, Wario's vectoring ability makes it possible for him to survive any hit that does not kill him outright. In other words, it makes him relatively ungimpable.

Now, with Wario's beastly recovery options (which have only been buffed thanks to the removal of Bike's cooldown, you can just pull one out as soon as the first is removed entirely from the field) making him die from anything that doesn't rocket him out of the stage is already a tough endeavor. Your best bet to get him like that is to spike him, probably twice, since his vertical recovery is a bit lacking. His vectoring ability cannot stop spiking (unless I'm mistaken) so nothing's changed there.

As well, with all the generous recovery in Smash 4, a glitch that improves recovery ability is the least game-breaking type there can be, you have plenty of characters that have guaranteed recovery from nearly any direction if you're not killing them, Wario is not special there. I'd say he still doesn't have the best survivability in the game even with the vectoring.

RideRide

Smash Cadet
Not sure if it's the right place or if it's already been discovered, but I'll post this here.

90% sure that if you put more speed on wario via equiptment, he goes farther. Correct me if I'm wrong

Also, even though wario is slow during hitstun, he flies away at regular speed if shadow (assistant trophy) is being used on wario.

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
There have been far worse offenses in the smash universe that did not result in the character/technique being banned. Is this really as bad as you think it'll get? Are you insinuating that this Wario ditto results from Wario completely annihilating the rest of the cast?

Ironically, the same channel highlights a blatant Wario weakness: http://youtu.be/szd9f7i1Qo8
It boggles my mind that you can justify having a character that can live to crazy high % against 38 characters because 2 characters have 1 guarantee K.O. agianst him. That is not balance.

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
At the point UP Smash and Up throw can be vectored out of, only spikes can't be vectored. You only die from it if you hold UP to long. We are looking at Wario dittos where both sides are living close to 300%, and I don't like that forecast.
Not sure if anyone already mentioned this but the momentum glitch doesn't actually allow wario to survive attacks that would've killed him

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
It boggles my mind that you can justify having a character that can live to crazy high % against 38 characters because 2 characters have 1 guarantee K.O. agianst him. That is not balance.
Slow down. Name the characters who do not live to crazy high %. I play Link who always has a bad to mediocre recovery, but I live forever in Sm4sh. So, it only goes up from there: every character (Little Mac aside) has an amazing recovery. That is not unique to Wario at all.

That said, you still seem dead set that Wario is automatically unbeatable. I have heard precisely zero complaints of Wario being OP in For Glory. I don't know of any Wario players dominating tournaments. Do you? Is Wario climbing the charts since the announcement of the glitch? For all I know, you learned about the glitch and immediately called for its ban without metrics to go off of. If no one is winning with Wario, why ban it? Even if Wario start winning, it still isn't worthy of a ban. It has to become a black hole of a strategy to where not picking Wario is a losing strategy.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
And here, I thought you could only do the glitch at an upward angle.

Being able to aim Wario downwards makes this even more amazing.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Slow down. Name the characters who do not live to crazy high %. I play Link who always has a bad to mediocre recovery, but I live forever in Sm4sh. So, it only goes up from there: every character (Little Mac aside) has an amazing recovery. That is not unique to Wario at all.

That said, you still seem dead set that Wario is automatically unbeatable. I have heard precisely zero complaints of Wario being OP in For Glory. I don't know of any Wario players dominating tournaments. Do you? Is Wario climbing the charts since the announcement of the glitch? For all I know, you learned about the glitch and immediately called for its ban without metrics to go off of. If no one is winning with Wario, why ban it? Even if Wario start winning, it still isn't worthy of a ban. It has to become a black hole of a strategy to where not picking Wario is a losing strategy.
Um Ive ehard of a few tournaments were warios been dominating, but its not due to the glitch. Hes legitimately a great character!

With the exception of Rosalina, thats a rough MU

Last edited:

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
His momentum glitch doesn't make his vectoring any stronger; my TripleD bair will still kill Wario at 150ish%, regardless of the glitch.

It only makes edgeguarding him that much harder, impossible even, but he was already extremely hard to edgeguard to begin with, even moreso with his turbo waft custom special.

I honestly don't see this glitch as being game breaking.

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, some of you dudes need to chill out. I've been playing Wario a lot lately and honestly, allowing him a little better recovery is pretty much negligible. If you hit him too far to the side he can just Bike-recover, and otherwise, if you have half a brain, you'll watch for where he's "Wectoring." Seriously if you can show me a video of a Wario abusing this against a skilled player, then I'll concede that it should be patched.

That being said, I think Wario needs all the advantages he can get, while he's seen a few buffs, I think he's also seen plenty of nerfs. His jab barely manages to connect both hits most times, and his nair has some weird sour spots. There's also that grab-release that I've experienced a few times against Sheik. That **** isn't fun.

Anyway, the horse is probably dead, but no. It shouldn't need a patch.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Full of gas = Full of float.

No glitch has ever looked so fitting to me for some weird reason. It's an amazing option, and can lead to kill set ups but the longer this plays out the less OP this will feel. It's just a new option for the character who already has 3 moves to recover. Just think of him as a Peach or any of the other floats and it's a pretty damn cool addition. Especially since it's only abusable when you actually get hit.

If you want to point the patch stick at something that looks really wrong, point it at Yoshi. Teleporting from the middle of the stage back to the ledge (although obviously telegraphed and punishable if you can find the easy window) just looks and feels bad. Where as this glitch couldn't feel better.

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Heh. Yeah, who's to say this is a glitch? Maybe Nintendo did this on purpose!

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Heh. Yeah, who's to say this is a glitch? Maybe Nintendo did this on purpose!
With the years of playtesting and tweaking it's way to hard for me to believe this isn't the case, especially considering how easy it is to do, and how much it happened at a very small scale for me without even knowing about it when I first started messing around with him. Or if anyone did find it, they were smart to keep it hush. The flavor is too real.
:D

Last edited:

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Wario has always been someone that never played by the rules, so defying physics was just the next logical step.

deakolt

Smash Rookie
NNID
deakolt
3DS FC
1779-2030-4940
Wectoring: Is it even a glitch? Seems like something the developers may have intended. It fits Wario and his moveset, it's only usable for certain hits (i.e. why can't you use it when you get spiked).

I'm waiting to see whether Nintendo is going to do anything about it before I start training really hard.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
This arguing about "should this be patched because it's gamebreaking?" when it's really "was this intentional?"

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
People refer to anything undesirable in this game as a "glitch".

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
i play a lot of wario, mained him in brawl and hes usually my alternate in 3ds.
Never performed this glitch myself for some reason, never even knew it existed. I just faced a wario as a DK and he did it all-the-time. He even used it to get in position for a counterattack.
Once or twice i assume its just a fluke. He did it literally every time i sent him further than arm's reach from me.
Whole time in sitting here going "dafuq...?" lol

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Looks like we will no longer see a wector-into waft combo... On the bright side, I may take him up. I have been avoiding the glitchy characters altogether since they would likely be patched. I don't want to find myself relying on a bug just to find it was gone the next weekend...

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Well the glitch is officially gone as of patch 1.04. It was fun while it lasted.

deakolt

Smash Rookie
NNID
deakolt
3DS FC
1779-2030-4940
wectoring gone. Although still strong, Wario will be knocked down some ranks- the aerial mobility and recovery afforded from wectoring were ridicccc... no more wector wafts :(

Top Bottom