• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario momentum glitch

Wafty

Smash Apprentice
So after playing for a while online and off I've noticed something a little weird about Wario, after getting hit by certain moves he can change the direction of his momentum. I don't know alot about yet but what I do is just press the opposite direction of where I'm getting hit (basically trying to DI).

Heres the video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO8frGPnyJw&feature=youtu.be

I do a small one at 0:03 then a more noticeable one at 0:08

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I assumed the first one I saw was the "more noticeable one", then scrolled down to comment. And then I watched it again and saw the second. That looks really bizarre, and it looks like a ridiculous (unintended) boost to his recovery.

Spirst

That's really interesting considering how simple it sounds to perform. Think it'll get patched?

Wafty

Smash Apprentice
That's really interesting considering how simple it sounds to perform. Think it'll get patched?
Most likley but we'll see.

If you guys wanna see more Wario stuff you should sub my account! :) I'll be getting a capture soon so quality will be wayyyy better!

Last edited:

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Definitely gonna sub. I really wanna see Wario in action in this game. Just out of curiousity though, what are your thoughts on Wario so far? Does he do well in this new Smash Engine where killing is super difficult? Will he have to fight enemies and get them to as high as 150% to kill them like pretty much everyone else in the cast? Or does he have ways of sneaking an early kill reliably?

Last edited:

Wafty

Smash Apprentice
Wario doesn't have problems killing, f-smash, u-smash, d-smash, f-tilt, u-air and fart are his most used kill options. (spinning throw doesn't kill anymore ;_; ) f-smash has bad cooldown but is very powerful, kills characters around 90% maybe even earlier. nair and bite got nerfed, nair having a smaller hitbox and bite not having has much priority (Bite is still a very good move just not as it was in Brawl). Wario's d-air has a weird hitbox that sends the opponent down, not a spike or a meteor but is good for gaurding the edge.. which is a pain in the ass in this game btw..

Last edited:

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
So after playing for a while online and off I've noticed something a little weird about Wario, after getting hit by certain moves he can change the direction of his momentum. I don't know alot about yet but what I do is just press the opposite direction of where I'm getting hit (basically trying to DI).

Heres the video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO8frGPnyJw&feature=youtu.be

I do a small one at 0:03 then a more noticeable one at 0:08
Look at his animations during that amount of time. It looks like a custom version of the Waft.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Welp, Wario is the glitchiest character in the game for the second time in a row.

YES!

Hyper

Smash Apprentice
Wario doesn't have problems killing, f-smash, u-smash, d-smash, f-tilt, u-air and fart are his most used kill options. (spinning throw doesn't kill anymore ;_; ) f-smash has bad cooldown but is very powerful, kills characters around 90% maybe even earlier. nair and bite got nerfed, nair having a smaller hitbox and bite not having has much priority (Bite is still a very good move just not as it was in Brawl). Wario's d-air has a weird hitbox that sends the opponent down, not a spike or a meteor but is good for gaurding the edge.. which is a pain in the *** in this game btw..
Does Wario still do mad sick DPS like he did in Brawl?

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
That is JUST hilarious enough for me to almost want them to keep it in. It'll probably get patched, but it could potentially add an almost characteristic weirdness to Wario if they didn't. Like he was cheating or something.

Last edited:

Wafty

Smash Apprentice
Someone hit me today and I momentum shifted into them and used bite, it was pretty **** haha

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'm secretly hoping they keep this. It looks way too good lol.

Hey @ Wafty Wafty how's Wario's air mobility in this game?

Last edited:

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
I still want to know what cause this glitch or what triggers it. If it get patch, then that sucks, but it doesn't then we can use this to our advantage.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
Wow that's hilarious lol I hope that stays in, have you tried using bike during it?

I've seen Wario do hilarious things mid match and this is the most amazing of them all.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I don't suppose this is just the new "vectoring" technique that happens to have a markedly bigger effect on Wario? Either way, those trajectories were insane.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
That's a legitimate glitch. No offense to Wario mains, but that needs to be patched whether it makes Wario better or not.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
It seems like it's probably related to the whole vectoring mechanic, judging from how the distance he's able to shift in scales based on how far he's been launched, and that it's triggered by holding up as you get launched by an attack according to the video.

But yeah. This needs to get patched.

Last edited:

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I hope this doesn't get patched, it looks hilarious.

And we got another movement option, should make Melee pourists happy. :)

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
If this gets patched but not his Grab release animation I will be seriously pissed.

Shog

Smash Ace
That's what happens if you eat bike parts and it heals you.
Momentum + Neutral B sounds really good to air catch the enemy.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
This has the potential to be very, very broken. I assume they'll patch the glitch at some point.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
This is just Wario showing that Smash Bros has finally attempted to have air dashing in their game!

Please let this stay unpatched until at least one week after US release I wanna do this

Pawsome!

All that and a Duck!
NNID
OxasOmi
3DS FC
3540-1430-6633
This gives Wario a clear advantage over other characters in terms of aerial control, chasing, and running. That being said, how could they not have known already? I'm curious to see how this plays out.

D

Deleted member

This is the most bizarre glitch that I've seen in Smash.
If this doesn't get patched, then I can see this be a big part of Wario's metagame. It really makes Wario's recovery better.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Can you elaborate on how you this is done? The quality on the JPN video is terrible and Wario was in the blast zone in the OP's video.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
According to the Japanese video, it's as simple as holding up as you get launched, and continuing to hold up until the glitch happens.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
On one hand, it looks insanely broken and really over-complicates his metagame and I hope it gets patched.

On the other hand, it looks mad fun to screw with other people and I'm curious to explore what we can do with this (especially in Smash Run.)

I'm so conflicted, lol.

Pawsome!

All that and a Duck!
NNID
OxasOmi
3DS FC
3540-1430-6633
I say let it stay until it's a problem, which will probably be what happens (if they change it at all...)

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
just ran into my first one online. wow. you can literally fly to the side of the stage at higher %'s

you can also kill yourself too

Wariuzzo

Smash Rookie
just ran into my first one online. wow. you can literally fly to the side of the stage at higher %'s

you can also kill yourself too
I think you have fought against me. XD

That glitch seems very useful for the air control and is very easy to do...but i think it will be fixed in the future. However, your DK is very cool! ;)

Also, i'm new here, trying to deepen Wario on this game.

Top Bottom