• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario is Free: Yes or No?

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Wario is a free matchup on flat stages. This video proves it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riHUkVeoSqQ

One nair -> one grab release -> 5 uairs -> grab again -> use praxis footstool bair lock on them -> charge dat upsmash all day.

Seems Free to me. What about you?

Why Free?
The damage we give to Wario off of one grab is significantly greater than the tiny pokes he can give to us here and there. Off one grab you can guarantee a ground floated uair to nair which is at least 16 - 20% damage. which is the beauty of it all, one slap or ground floated niar leads to the grab (at low percentages for the nair) and there is a free 25% damage without pummeling. Throw in an uair string while you are at it

If you bair lock them off of the grab release (as seen in the video) you can charge an upsmash and KO around 75% (no DI included so throw it up to 85% if you want).

Roxas215

Smash Lord
On flat stages probably. But your never gonna take a Wario to FD in tournament. There gonna strike it 1st round and ban it 2nd round. SV the platform would mess this up and all the other neutrals this wont work. Besides a Pro wario is gonna be hard to grab anyway.

But i agree Peach has a clear advantage over Wario. Wouldn't quite say "Free" though.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Illmatic doesn't wear biker outfits, nor does he wear dungarees and a cap and fart a lot

Although the last part might be true, I dunno

Are you sure that 1. Wario can't DI away from the Uair string (I'm still skeptical about how well the Uair string works, mainly on characters that aren't the likes of Fox and Falco) and 2. Wario can't DI away from the weak Bair after the footstool? I'm pretty certain Praxis suggested something similar ages ago and it turned out Wario could use his crazy air mobility to avoid getting footstool to weak Baired lock
If it did work, why wouldn't you just footstool to weak Bair to regrab Wario the entire time?

And good luck getting Wario to go to FD :p

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Are you sure that 1. Wario can't DI away from the Uair string (I'm still skeptical about how well the Uair string works, mainly on characters that aren't the likes of Fox and Falco)
Pretty sure if you could SDI you would have a very hard time doing so, especially at correctly staled percentages. If you see your opponent is really good at SDI and can somehow sdi out of the string, just do one or two uairs and then follow with a buffered nair. That's 30+ damage from one grab.

and 2. Wario can't DI away from the weak Bair after the footstool? I'm pretty certain Praxis suggested something similar ages ago and it turned out Wario could use his crazy air mobility to avoid getting footstool to weak Baired lock
If it did work, why wouldn't you just footstool to weak Bair to regrab Wario the entire time?
Definitely he can hold left or right to di the footstool. but which wario's know that? If they get weak bair'd they will be resetted. There is some percentage I think where his di is too small and bair gets it anyways.

It's boring to do it the whole match, unless you want to stage a big comeback.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I invented the Wario footstool infinite noob.

Warios free on FD, slight advantage elsewhere, maybe, MAYBE even on SV (ban it).

Bair a lot.

I've made Fiction drop his controller and literally tackle me. xD

L33T

Smash Cadet
praxis invented, i youtubed.
my only video that has like thousands o' views...
is showing a peach move. lol.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
omfg lololol.

it's one of my favorite matchups RedShadow, I'm sorry.

Top Bottom