• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

want CLOUD STRIFE in brawl? official thread.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Ever on nintendo console:no
Overused and overated:yes
so overused everbody is pissed off:yes
can't be obtained in super smash flash by beating 100 man melee(easiest with knuckles):no

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Seth has brought up alot of good points as to why he could be included in brawl. He was in KH:com regardless the size of his role and (again I forget) he was in one of the ff tactics games. He is a fighter and could easily have a moveset. I do agree that it would cause to many people to start requesting that sephiroth be included even though he wasn't on a nintnedo console (I don't think...). I don't even like the concept that they sould be every where together but w/e.

I'm now neutral one the topic also. I wouldn't really care if he wasn't included but as a ff fan I would be happy if he was added to the roster.

TrickyLocke

Smash Rookie
I think we're all forgetting his awesome appearance in that PS1/Arcade game "Ehrgeiz" or however it was spelled :)

He and Tifa were da cheapest!

Cloud is indeed an icon, certainly more than Pit in my opinion, but not an icon originating on the NES. We might as well root for a Lara Croft cameo while we're at it.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Ok,I just remembered that Cloud was remembered as a FALSE Cloud(he did not truly exist) in CoM for the GBA.Ok,I remember a character on a nintendo console remembering he liked onions.

Onions FTW!I just had to say that.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
White Fox, my bad on that advice thing, but trust me, I don't need it. I thought you were being purposely condesending, so I got annoyed, and I apologize for taking your post the wrong way. You have a good argument, but I am still against Cloud in SSBB. When I said 50+ nintendo characters, I was just exaggerating to make a point.
Also, I'm not trying to start any arguments here so please don't take it the wrong way. But Crazy Ace? Was it really neccessary to try to embarass White Fox because he misspelled one or two words? It really doesn't matter how he spells it as long as we can understand what he is trying to say. It might be just me, but I think calling on his misspelling was just a desperate excuse to keep him quiet. You'd be better to just not point it out next time.Then we could all have a little more of a friendly conversation, and stay focused more on the discussion at hand.
I guess White Fox's self esteem can't handle it. Next time I will treat him like a baby so you don't have to stick up for him. /sarcasm

Anyway, like I said, I was under the impression that he was being purposely condesending to myself, and, like normal humans, I don't like to be insulted.

By the way... not trying to start an argument? It's like your whole post is trying to provoke me.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
No offence Spandard, and I thank you for sticking you neck out for me, but Crazy Ape has a point.

If Cloud was in Brawl I'd imange him as haveing fast attacks, but beceause lag afterword would have HIGH pentaly for missing. That takes care of newbish players trying to spam his dis-jointed hit box. That would make him a bigger possibilty for Brawl. Anyone agree?

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Seth has brought up alot of good points as to why he could be included in brawl. He was in KH:com regardless the size of his role and (again I forget) he was in one of the ff tactics games. He is a fighter and could easily have a moveset. I do agree that it would cause to many people to start requesting that sephiroth be included even though he wasn't on a nintnedo console (I don't think...). I don't even like the concept that they sould be every where together but w/e.

I'm now neutral one the topic also. I wouldn't really care if he wasn't included but as a ff fan I would be happy if he was added to the roster.
He was in tactics on the playstation, that doesnt help his nintendo credibility. Just sayin.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
If Cloud was in Brawl I'd imange him as haveing fast attacks, but beceause lag afterword would have HIGH pentaly for missing. That takes care of newbish players trying to spam his dis-jointed hit box. That would make him a bigger possibilty for Brawl. Anyone agree?
*shrugs* I guess so.

anyway, as the secondary gaurdian of the cloud thread, I have to say this to cloud haters:
if you are expecting geno, expect cloud as well. geno is one of the most requested 3rd party characters. also, McFox dreamed about geno appearing. whatever Foxy boy dreams, automaticaly comes true. so geno is an automatic shoo in for brawl. but exactly how are nintendo going to get geno? why from square enix of course! they will have to get contacted, then nomura or someone will certainly just blurt out cloud. after all, nomura himself hinted that he would put in cloud if he gets contacted. (cited from herel)
the bottom line is, if you dont want cloud in brawl, start hating geno.

evilvideogameking

Smash Rookie
Cloud...

I am absoultely sick of Cloud Cloud Cloud! Just stop harping on FF7 so much that's all I ask.

besides that I would'nt really mind as long as he didn't end up looking like one of those FF guys who look like women. Their are Many better choices however I would prefer to him.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
*shrugs* I guess so.

anyway, as the secondary gaurdian of the cloud thread, I have to say this to cloud haters:
if you are expecting geno, expect cloud as well. geno is one of the most requested 3rd party characters. also, McFox dreamed about geno appearing. whatever Foxy boy dreams, automaticaly comes true. so geno is an automatic shoo in for brawl. but exactly how are nintendo going to get geno? why from square enix of course! they will have to get contacted, then nomura or someone will certainly just blurt out cloud. after all, nomura himself hinted that he would put in cloud if he gets contacted. (cited from herel)
the bottom line is, if you dont want cloud in brawl, start hating geno.
So what you're saying is if we want one character from a 3rd party company we HAVE to have another?

So if we were to get megaman would capcom force ryu on us?
If we were to get Sonic would Sega force Shadow on us?

I guess we have a lot of 3rd party characters to look forward to then.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
So what you're saying is if we want one character from a 3rd party company we HAVE to have another?

So if we were to get megaman would capcom force ryu on us?
If we were to get Sonic would Sega force Shadow on us?

I guess we have a lot of 3rd party characters to look forward to then.
tsk tsk tsk. geno is a completely different story now. his 2 and a half party-ness doest make him a third party character at heart. square has every right to put one other character if they put in geno.

heartless Raven

Smash Rookie
I really don't see why everyone is so dead set on having him in brawl. I say as long as it's KH Cloud it's cool, since he was in the GBA card version.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
I really don't see why everyone is so dead set on having him in brawl. I say as long as it's KH Cloud it's cool, since he was in the GBA card version.
That's the only real connection Cloud could have to Brawl. That and Square-Enix own the rights to use Geno which everyone wants also in Brawl. So... yea... :dizzy:

Yoshi

Smash Lord
This is Geoff's Rebuttle:

Well I'm not really familiar with Pit and his series... so there is my rebuttle, I just don't know. What say you Jury? Nay? *Shoots judge*

Spaniard364

Smash Cadet
By the way... not trying to start an argument? It's like your whole post is trying to provoke me.
If it came out that I was trying to provoke you, that wasn't the purpose at all. If I did I apoligize, as I said that wasn't its intent at all. no hard feelings right?

It just seemed to set me off a little. There are so many people that catch people's mispelled words, and then for some reason find a need to point it out. Basically, I was just suggesting to not ( and this time I'm not singling you out) point out people's spelling mistakes. Its not really that important.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
If it came out that I was trying to provoke you, that wasn't the purpose at all. If I did I apoligize, as I said that wasn't its intent at all. no hard feelings right?
It's all good Spaniard.

Well looking at it from another prospective, how does Pit's new outfit connetc to Nintendo?
What do you mean by Pit's new outfit? Last time he was in a video game, it was 2-D only, gaming. An updated 3-D version has everything to do with Nintendo. I don't think Square would force Cloud on Nintendo if Sakurai decides to ask for Geno.

Shinsetsukun

Smash Cadet
If he enters this game over FF Characters that were actually on the Nintendo systems, I wont even play this game. Overrated character, and hopefully no character from SE will make it, because I personally, enjoyed the characters they made when they were only on Nintendo systems.

Aiser

Smash Lord
So if a character you think is over-rated is put on smash you won't buy the game? pardon me but you're stupid lol.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
So if a character you think is over-rated is put on smash you won't buy the game? pardon me but you're stupid lol.
terrible insult, but your point remains valid.

I'm gonna play brawl no matter what changes it has and no matter what characters get in.

But I do agree that the FF characters actually ON the SNES were better and would fit better.

(Faris ftw!!!)

Shinsetsukun

Smash Cadet

Yes an overrated character who wasn't on a Nintendo system as the Main Hero/Villain. *Supporting in CoM I don't really count*
A Giant Sword bigger than the character kinda seems outta place when you have a Pink puffball, and Italian plumber and an electric rat fighting.

And I never said I wouldn't play it because of AN over-rated character, I was implying that Cloud Strife of FF7 fame was put in it, I wouldn't play it because there was more deserving Square characters that were actually on the Nintendo originally, and picking him because of the fan-base alone would just make it worse. What i'm saying is, I want to see an FF Character from SNES or NES make it BEFORE Cloud Strife or Sephiroth himself.

Aiser

Smash Lord
terrible insult, but your point remains valid.

I'm gonna play brawl no matter what changes it has and no matter what characters get in.

But I do agree that the FF characters actually ON the SNES were better and would fit better.

(Faris ftw!!!)
yeah I would rather have snes characters then cloud, don't get me wrong I love cloud and all but he doesn't exactly fit imho.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Yes an overrated character who wasn't on a Nintendo system as the Main Hero/Villain. *Supporting in CoM I don't really count*
A Giant Sword bigger than the character kinda seems outta place when you have a Pink puffball, and Italian plumber and an electric rat fighting.

And I never said I wouldn't play it because of AN over-rated character, I was implying that Cloud Strife of FF7 fame was put in it, I wouldn't play it because there was more deserving Square characters that were actually on the Nintendo originally, and picking him because of the fan-base alone would just make it worse. What i'm saying is, I want to see an FF Character from SNES or NES make it BEFORE Cloud Strife or Sephiroth himself.
That's still ********. And that's not an opinion lol. To actually not play a game just because you disagree with the roster IS stupid.

Also, you disproved your own point by saying he doesn't fit with those characters. A pink puffball, an italian plumber, an electric fighting rat, they are very DIFFERENT. meaning the game has VARIETY. Does brawl have a character with a sword bigger than his body yet? nooooo. so it would just be more variety. Like..ohhh...say a stealthy gun wielding warrior in a headband?

And don't take this the wrong way. I in no way support cloud for brawl, and I am against it completely, but I still prefer rational thinking over "LAWL CLOUD SUX!"

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
Snake won't be using his gun in Brawl, just explosives. Guns are... messy. :)

Sakurai said he would only include characters that had previously been featured on a Nintendo platform, correct? Cloud has not met this requirement, unless you consider appearing on a card, in a KH game, on a handheld, a feature. So... yeah. What is the counter-argument to this? It seems pretty final that Cloud will not appear in SSBB, from just this one angle.

What I'm about to post is completly unbiased, wether you like it or not. Many of you will not, but as is the truth.

1) Cloud is ALMOST to Square as Mario is to Nintendo- The reason I say almost is beceause Square hasen't quite hored Cloud as much as Nintendo has Mario as of late. (Yes Cloud fans, Cloud is a hore. So is Sonic, Snake, Mario, and Master Chief. Deal with it.)

A: Square oviously favors Cloud to other Final Fantasys. As much as many of them
dirserve to have there own movie, or multiple game series, they don't.

B: The majority of Final Fantasy fans oviously favor Cloud as well. Why do you think
Cloud is being hored as of late?

2) EVERY FF main character is emo. Yes my friends Squall, Cecil, Cloud, Tidus, ALL OF THEM are emo. Also deal with this, and don't use it as a excuse to cut someones FF chracter sugestion.

3)GunBlade > Buster Sword BUT GunBlade DOES NOT > 7-Edge.(XD Ok that was biased, and is not a fact.)

THE REAL 3) Final Fantasy 7 was a revolution in FF gameing. It brought 3D worlds and some amazing(For its time mind you) Graphics. I won't say 7 has the most in-deph story as that isent a fact, BUT I've never heard FF8 be called "One of the only RPGs that have made gamers cry". Oviously some in-depth story line must have been made to have this happen.(By the way comeppareing a meator to a big rock is like compareing a genocide to a fight, or the distruction of a planet to a firework. It just doesen't work.)

4) Wether you like him or hate him, if you want a FF character they'll have eather the beging of it all for nogilista (I belive that is how you spell it) like Fighter or Black Mage. Or there most famous. Which is oviously Cloud.

5) Cloud being famous is not a mere opoion, it is a fact. Even the worse FF HATER out there know who he is. (And desipise his name for makeing the serises even more infamous for them)

6) For those of you who STILL don't know: Sakuri has decided that to be elegible for Brawl the character MUST have one apperence in an outside game. AN APPERENCE NOT A STARING!! Cloud has appeared in KH: COM for the Gameboy Advance. Which makes him elegbale. However Leon has olso made an apperence in the same game(But his part was much shorter.), and many other suggested characters were on the nes or snes. These are elegbal characters.

A: Not elegable characters I've heard suggested include Tidus, Auron, and Waka.

B: Seporoth is discuofied(Wow I murdered that word) Beceause of this.

I am FAR from saying that other or other square-enix characters FF characters are worse. I am FAR from saying that other FF or other square-enix characters are undeserving. I infact don't want Cloud in Brawl, but its blantely ovoious that if Square were to organise a deal with Nintendo for a newcomer, it will be bewteen Cloud, Black Mage, or Fighter. However sense Nintendo has used up its nogilica slot(Pit) They will most likely sway tword Cloud.

I still however say: Geno for Brawl, and Cloud for the nect game!
Thank you,i guess that stands for Sora too..yay!!

But i wouldn't mind seing Cloud in brawl,we all know what his special would be.:psycho:

M I RITE??:laugh:

j/k

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
If he enters this game over FF Characters that were actually on the Nintendo systems, I wont even play this game. Overrated character, and hopefully no character from SE will make it, because I personally, enjoyed the characters they made when they were only on Nintendo systems.

With this post you have lost the respect of over half this board. Not playing Brawl beceause of a character. pfft

Lets say an extremely famous player (Lets say Bombsoldier or Ken) dis liked Snake. Lets just say.

Do you think they'll quit beceause of him being in there. This has to be one of the most uncreative and newbish reasons to not play a game in existance.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
With this post you have lost the respect of over half this board. Not playing Brawl beceause of a character. pfft

Lets say an extremely famous player (Lets say Bombsoldier or Ken) dis liked Snake. Lets just say.

Do you think they'll quit beceause of him being in there. This has to be one of the most uncreative and newbish reasons to not play a game in existance.
Actually I agree with him and because of that post the gains respect from me. He atleast is a REAL Smash Bros fan. Cloud is overrated, just accept that.

And he wont be in Brawl.

Ever.

Shinsetsukun

Smash Cadet

So those said people can't say to themselves, "Snake, meh... I think it's time to take a break."

Also with respect, big deal, it's an internet message board, i'm just expressing an opinion, that if a person like Cloud Strife got in over like... the Balloon Fight guy, the Kung Fu guy or Ryu Hayabusa who all had their starts on Nintendo Systems would be disapointing.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Snake won't be using his gun in Brawl, just explosives. Guns are... messy. :)

Sakurai said he would only include characters that had previously been featured on a Nintendo platform, correct? Cloud has not met this requirement, unless you consider appearing on a card, in a KH game, on a handheld, a feature. So... yeah. What is the counter-argument to this? It seems pretty final that Cloud will not appear in SSBB, from just this one angle.
You, my friend, are going to get torn to pieces, for I do believe this certain argument has been ripped to shreds, peed on, and buried under burning coals many a time.

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The way I see it, Cloud has "TECHNICALLY" appeared on a Nintendo system. But has his character actually been featured? I'm pretty sure that's what Sakurai was talking about, in which case, he really hasn't been.

*EDIT* Here's a metaphor for what I'm talking about:

Let's assume that Shigeru Miyamoto said that "No character that doesn't appear in Mario games can be a Mario character."

Well, what about Samus Aran? She appeared in Mario RPG. So "TECHNICALLY," she has appeared in a Mario game. Does that make her a Mario character? Well, no, because the role was so small (cameo) that she was pretty inconsequential.

I don't know how extensive Cloud's appearance in KH:CoM is, but I doubt he's even considered a supporting character.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
I will explain his role so his apperence is known. Note that is has been a year sence I've played that game so it will be vauge. The collusim tourtmant is on again. Cloud, in order to reclaim his lost memories has made a deal with Hades to assainate Hurclues. You later face Hades, who has been become infurated by how long its takeing, he cancels the deal and attacks Cloud, Hurclues, and Sora.

In short he played a MAJOR role in a minor subplot. This took place on the Hurcleus planet.(Duh)

Also, no offence McCloud, I mean this in the best possible of ways, but theres no way for shure of knowing what Sakuri ment. I think you may have interupted it that way just beceause you don't want Cloud in the serise. If I am correct then know this: Mis-guideing people by blowing peoples words out of context is sorta underhanded. If my assumption is off I aploige fully, but understand I only thought this beceause of your apparent hate of the game and the character.

McCloud, out of poersonal opnion, if Cloud were to appear in the serise would you try him out? Or would you just kind of ignore him completly?

Or would you do what that other guy said and not get the game?:laugh: Just kidding.

By the way to that guy, I'm sorry if I was a little harsh, but that is a very crapy reason to not get a game you would otherwise get, had it not been for the anouncement.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'm just saying, I don't think he has much of a chance. I don't claim to really know what Sakurai meant, I can only present what I think Sakurai meant. And let's face it, he's only appeared on a Nintendo system in the most technical of terms.

I don't even hate the character, I just hate the idea of him in Brawl.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
seth i think ur exxagerrating his role. A MAJOR role in a MINOR subplot is still a VERY small role. especially with as many subplots as that game had. It was what, 4 worlds per floor and 13 or so floors?

Let's do the math. 4 x 13 = 52. That means Cloud appeared in 1/52 of chain of memories. So cloud was a fifty second of a nintendo game. IS that a big enough role? you be the judge. His role in that game was no more important than peter pan.

And I'm sure you'll call me a cloud hater again but w/e. I dont care anymore. Cloud is not going to be in brawl, and if by some remote chance..say... sakurai gets a concussion and accidently writes cloud on the roster.... then I'll just think it was a stupid decision.

I support Mudkip Cloud over Cloud Strife.

Top Bottom