• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

want CLOUD STRIFE in brawl? official thread.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
Quote: Dantedeamonslyr- I'm not saying cloud is some horrible character that should be erased from existance. sorry if it came across that way. I'm just saying he REALLY shouldn't be in brawl.

I wont call you a Cloud hater, you've stated you arent one allready.

Also one more thing to add: the world count went 1, 3, 3, 2, 1, 3, and lotsa just random numbers. If those are off my bad, but my point is there arent 52 worlds. there arent even 52 worlds in KH1 so...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
okay mcfox and co, I'll just say this: STOP COMPLETELY WORSHPPING THOSE RULES! sakurai just made up those rules for character submissions. does he have every right to break one? yes. its his game, not yours. sakurai can put, like, 20 3rd party characters and do whatever he wants with the gameplay. why? BECAUSE ITS HIS GAME. HE CAN BREAK HIS OWN RULES.
thank you

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
okay mcfox and co, I'll just say this: STOP COMPLETELY WORSHPPING THOSE RULES! sakurai just made up those rules for character submissions. does he have every right to break one? yes. its his game, not yours. sakurai can put, like, 20 3rd party characters and do whatever he wants with the gameplay. why? BECAUSE ITS HIS GAME. HE CAN BREAK HIS OWN RULES.
thank you
Dude thats the same as this:

You have your own rules like, not beating the **** out of your mother. Well ofcoarse you can beat the **** out of your mother, but because its a rule you made you wont. ;)

Sakurai never made any rules, he just said we won't add any character that hasn't made an appearance on a Nintendo game. Cloud appeared in KH:CoM, which is a sequel to a second party SONY game. Basically Cloud is LESS then 3rd party from Nintendo, he's maybe even 4th or 5th party and as far as I know Sakurai didn't said he was gonna add 4th or 5th party characters. ;)

Cloud WONT be in Brawl.

Never...

Never.

Never.

Never!

NEVER!!!!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
thank you
You're right, I should probably NOT rely on what the DIRECTOR HIMSELF said the rules were, like you do, because it makes so much sense.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Come on McFox, what kind of n00b listens to the director. Everybody knows random forum posters know what's going down. Not the creators.

Jeez.

ken12012

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't mind having cloud in smash because he's also my favorite RPG character of all time. Since Squarenix is making some games for Nintendo again I see a chance of it happening.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wouldn't mind having cloud in smash because he's also my favorite RPG character of all time. Since Squarenix is making some games for Nintendo again I see a chance of it happening.
I'd like to quote myself for this:

Cloud WONT be in Brawl.

Never...

Never.

Never.

Never!

NEVER!!!!

ken12012

Smash Cadet
I'd like to quote myself for this:
Yeah, I understand that cloud was only a minor character in Kingdom Hearts: CoM so he doesn't really have much of a chance of being in the game, but I'm just putting out my love for cloud. I'm sure you wouldn't mind having your favorite RPG character in the game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah, I understand that cloud was only a minor character in Kingdom Hearts: CoM so he doesn't really have much of a chance of being in the game, but I'm just putting out my love for cloud. I'm sure you wouldn't mind having your favorite RPG character in the game.
I might even like you. :) Your only of the little fans who actually are not demanding Cloud in Brawl.

My favorite RPG character... Hmmm I think that'd be either Ike from Fire Emblem PoR or Felix from Golden Sun. Yes they do have some more chance then Cloud but I do not really need them. But I surely wouldn't mind them.

ken12012

Smash Cadet
I might even like you. :) Your only of the little fans who actually are not demanding Cloud in Brawl.

My favorite RPG character... Hmmm I think that'd be either Ike from Fire Emblem PoR or Felix from Golden Sun. Yes they do have some more chance then Cloud but I do not really need them. But I surely wouldn't mind them.
I'd actually like to add more Fire Emblem characters and have them not be clones. I liked Lyn a lot from the GBA Fire Emblem, but I don't really know how strong her fanbase is.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
You're right, I should probably NOT rely on what the DIRECTOR HIMSELF said the rules were, like you do, because it makes so much sense.
-_-........
you're missing the point, the point is that everyone has the right to chage thier mind and do what they want.
also while the hardcore smashboards poster/nintendo fanboy may hate the idea of cloud in brawl, average joe certainly wants cloud. and everyone knows average joe triumphs over all :)

ken12012

Smash Cadet
-_-........
you're missing the point, the point is that everyone has the right to chage thier mind and do what they want.
also while the hardcore smashboards poster/nintendo fanboy may hate the idea of cloud in brawl, average joe certainly wants cloud. and everyone knows average joe triumphs over all :)
Although there is power in majority I would like Brawl to only contain Nintendo-ish characters. I know Snake has been in old NES games, but when you think of Snake, most people think Sony Playstation. I know I do at least.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd actually like to add more Fire Emblem characters and have them not be clones. I liked Lyn a lot from the GBA Fire Emblem, but I don't really know how strong her fanbase is.
Lyn's fanbase is actually pretty big, if you search Im sure you'd find a thread about her. :)

-_-........
Yeah but he wouldn't stay those things if he didn't mean them. And they aren't rules, they are just guidelines their using in order to make Brawl. As a head director Sakurai can't afford to change his mind when he already said this.

And what do you think the target grroup is for Nintendo? The avarage Joe or the fans of their games? And who are you to say every avarage Joe wants Cloud in Brawl? As far as I know FF7 fans are also considered fanboys. ;) And because FF7 fans are not Nintendo's target group why should they wanna please them? They probarly don't even LIKE the idea of what Smash Bros is about.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
And what do you think the target grroup is for Nintendo? The avarage Joe or the fans of their games? And who are you to say every avarage Joe wants Cloud in Brawl? As far as I know FF7 fans are also considered fanboys. ;) And because FF7 fans are not Nintendo's target group why should they wanna please them? They probarly don't even LIKE the idea of what Smash Bros is about.
okay take snake for example. he is a very average joe guy. are MGS/PS fanboys the target audience? NO. if by what you meant is true about them probably not even liking the idea of what Smash Bros is about, why the hell did they put in snake? why didn't they go with the more nintendo friendly django the solar boy? his games are 100% nintendo. why not go with him? well guess what? the more sony friendly snake got in. smash isn't for the same nintendo fanboy anymore. now dont get me wrong, I am also a nintendo fanboy. the reason I am defending cloud is because he is the more likely and realistic choice for brawl. really, I dont care about cloud. hell, I never even PLAYED the freaking game. but frankly, I am getting sick of the cloud hate here, despite the fact that he is one of the only square characters who have a chance. any other choice, would be stupid, and a horrid choice for both square and nintendo. now dont get me wrong, I would LOVE to see crono or black mage over cloud anyday. heck, I ould like ANY square character over him. however, cloud is the only realistic choice for brawl, and would be an extremley smart choice for square and nintendo. dont give me that "starring role"in a game crap. if one is going to rely on the rules that much, I'll just say: SAKURAI NEVER SAID STARRIG ROLE!!! HE ONLY SAID THEY HAD TO APPEAR, THATS THAT, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!

Chaos_Tyrant

Smash Apprentice
*takes buster sword and beats crap out of this thread* "die!, die!, die!"

anyway....all of the past SSB character's have been on nintendo...so that means...

putting cloud in SSBB is blasphemy towards nintendo

tirkaro

Smash Champion
*takes buster sword and beats crap out of this thread* "die!, die!, die!"

anyway....all of the past SSB character's have been on nintendo...so that means...

putting cloud in SSBB is blasphemy towards nintendo
*smirks* yah ha, that is where you are wrong my friend. he appeared in kingdom hearts: COM. and if you take the "starring role" thing, then read the aboverant. :)

Chaos_Tyrant

Smash Apprentice
every character from SSB has been play-able in a game or was the main character in a game....get yer facts right..cloud has no chance

Chaos_Tyrant

Smash Apprentice
another good point...but they were main characters in the zelda series (at least zelda was) and for KH-COM...why would they pick cloud?...why not one of the members of XIII...or squall?..huh can you anwser that?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
another good point...but they were main characters in the zelda series (at least zelda was) and for KH-COM...why would they pick cloud?...why not one of the members of XIII...or squall?..huh can you anwser that?
Because the obvious rep from Square Enix is Geno

As for Squall / Orginazation XIII- Squall was never on a Nintendo system and Orginazation is Disney

tirkaro

Smash Champion
because cloud has what the other people do not have: fame, a fanbase, and the fact that he is the mascot of square/nomura. a thing that org XIII, squall, geno, crono, and sora do not possess.

Chaos_Tyrant

Smash Apprentice
geno will replace cloud....geno was in a nintendo game...SMRPG..he was play-able...

cloud will not be in brawl....cloud was in a nintendo game, he WASNT play-able

also just because he is the mascot for Square..he isnt for nintendo..and from what i know..nintendo and square are not the same company

tirkaro

Smash Champion
geno will replace cloud....geno was in a nintendo game...SMRPG..he was play-able...

cloud will not be in brawl....cloud was in a nintendo game, he WASNT play-able

also just because he is the mascot for Square..he isnt for nintendo..and from what i know..nintendo and square are not the same company
psst,geno isn't a square character. he is only owned by them :p
and even though, its nomura's choice whether they want to put cloud in.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
therefore, i rest my case, cloud lost =(
get a rock in the bottom of a jar of honey and you'll get the rock, but you'll also get lotsa honey on your hands. one man have a cheerful smile when that honey comes out because people think that honey is tea. thus the rock and the honey can live together in peace.
(hint: this is a poetic retelling of something I have said a million times)

DomLink

Smash Rookie
Im torn...I really like Cloud, and i would love to play him in a smash bros game, but im not sure if i feel he would fit. i guess it couold be pulled off, but part of me thinks it would be odd wielding the buster sword against Yoshi. well anyway, if he were to be in, i hope its the model from Advent Children! well it looks like Link took his omnislash anyway : )

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Why the Hell is this still here? Cloud has a snowflake's chance in Hell of getting into SSBB, and there's a big fat Geno demon waiting to breathe lava all over it.

And according to my sig, this thread has officially d*mned half of the next generation to an IQ of 37.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
okay take snake for example. he is a very average joe guy. are MGS/PS fanboys the target audience? NO. if by what you meant is true about them probably not even liking the idea of what Smash Bros is about, why the hell did they put in snake? why didn't they go with the more nintendo friendly django the solar boy? his games are 100% nintendo. why not go with him? well guess what? the more sony friendly snake got in. smash isn't for the same nintendo fanboy anymore. now dont get me wrong, I am also a nintendo fanboy. the reason I am defending cloud is because he is the more likely and realistic choice for brawl. really, I dont care about cloud. hell, I never even PLAYED the freaking game. but frankly, I am getting sick of the cloud hate here, despite the fact that he is one of the only square characters who have a chance. any other choice, would be stupid, and a horrid choice for both square and nintendo. now dont get me wrong, I would LOVE to see crono or black mage over cloud anyday. heck, I ould like ANY square character over him. however, cloud is the only realistic choice for brawl, and would be an extremley smart choice for square and nintendo. dont give me that "starring role"in a game crap. if one is going to rely on the rules that much, I'll just say: SAKURAI NEVER SAID STARRIG ROLE!!! HE ONLY SAID THEY HAD TO APPEAR, THATS THAT, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!
Dont use Snake as a example. Sakurai and the guy behind Snake where friends. He already asked if Snake could be in Melee, but Sakurai said no because they where in the middle of programming Melee already.

Although Metal Gear fans clearly aren't Super Smash fans, Snake had atleast some games on the Gamecube, which makes him more regoniseable for the real fans.

And WHY would Cloud be the most logical choice? If I'd had to pick a Sqaure character I'd pick one with atleast some connection to Nintendo, like Geno or Black Mage. They atleast appeared in games where Mario himself was in and would be WAAAY more logical then Cloud.

Cloud has NO chance just accept that.

Top Bottom