• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

want CLOUD STRIFE in brawl? official thread.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I think the only reason FF7 gets it's own movie and extra games is because of the fanbase for FF7, not because square prefers cloud.
thats the other thing, cloud sells. if sakurai does indeed want to make money, he will put in cloud. if they are doing what he WANTS, then who knows who he'll choose :ohwell:

And in all reality, I think 7 was the worst possible choice for a final fantasy movie. (other than spirits within. just terrible. and the first couple were too small) I honestly think that 4,5,6, and especially 8 would have made a better movie. hell i would have been more interested in a movie based on X than VII. but that's just me. Waiting in suspense for sephiroth to appear (you know you all did it. and no one was suprised when he did) doesnt make a good plot for me.
they could have screwed up the movie no matter which game they chose. its a common known fact that all game based movies have a 91% chance to be crap. FF:AC is no exception. (but it was still 10x better than FF:SW. that was a very low move for square to take a crappy movie that has nothing to do with FF, and just tag "final fantasy" on it.) really AC was just a big faservice fest for FF7 fans. I mean, where's the character development?
err, I'm going off topic again ^_^;;

And as for putting a FF character in, I still support the early characters like cedric and FARIS. And if we're using COM as te gateway (which I still dont agree with) then i believe squall (his name is squall dammit) would be much better. I would love to smash with a gunblade.
I never even heard of those first two characters:ohwell:
and I dont really want to whor out the COM thing either. sure its a good loophole, but it is not the reason I belive cloud should be in. he should be in simply because he is a rep. a superstar. an icon. any other choice (IMO) would be akward. VERY akward.

And cloud =/= mario in popularity (for their own company i mean.) Mario is everywhere because he deserves to be. Everyone likes mario, we grew up with mario, he's the most recognizable face in the gaming world.
yes, mario is a big face in gaming. however, heres the thing: mario has his fanbase. and cloud has his. I like mario like everyone else. thing is that mario has the benifet for being one of the first and the best for his time game characters. cloud came a bit late.

and setting ff aside for a minute, why is cloud the most deserving aquare character? you know what was a much better game? Chrono Trigger! (IMO no flaming) I certainly think crono is more deserving of a slot than cloud. Granted I have no idea what his attacks would be and he's not as recognized, i still think he's a better character.
thanks, once again for reminding me the other reason I started to support cloud. it used to be a big "___ character is, liek, sooo much bettah then cloud!!!1" thread. and frankly, cloud doesn't deserve that. it is his thread after all. back then, it might have just been called "which square character should be in brawl"

and answer me this, what makes cloud so cool? what do all you fanboys see in him? Don't use the fact that he's popular as an explanation. What made him cool other than omnislash. He was just some guy with a big sword. his character didn't develop much. he never did anything really cool or said any really memorable lines. he was kind of emotionless..... So tell me, why is cloud so well liked?
why is mario popular? he doesn't talk, he has no background, he just saves the princess and throws shells. the REAL reason why game characters get popular is because of thier GAMES.
mario's games are good and clouds games are good.

Maybe I'm just missing something, but how does this hint that Cloud will be in?

"We didn't get an offer to put Cloud in the game."

I'd say that's supporting evidence that he WON'T be in the game. If they had gotten an offer for Cloud, he would've said "no comment" or "we can't comment on any speculation and rumors." It would've seemed a little suspicious, but if they said that in regards to every character, then it wouldn't. To me, it sounds like he was telling the truth.
thats just you, micky focks. the real reason is because koji said "cloud won't make an appearance?" he didn't say BL, he didn't say geno, he didn't say fighter. he said cloud. now I know thats just koji, but it sorta hints off that cloud is the primary choice. but thats just koji :ohwell:

Cloud (and Sephiroth, for that matter) are starting to get like Shadow (the Hedgehog) to me. They were cool the first time, but really stop using them. They're getting cliche. There's been the movie, Dirge of Cerberus (didn't play it, but I'm pretty sure Cloud's in that game), and all three Kingdom Hearts. And isn't there some kind of other FF7 thing coming out? Let it die already.
thats just your eyes. what if nintendo stopped making zelda or mario games? plus, cloud really only had ONE game. DoC was a side-game and AC was......a movie. in the rest, cloud has only cameod. cloud barely gets any action.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
in the rest, cloud has only cameod. cloud barely gets any action.
OMFG YOU JUST NEGATED YOUR OWN ARGUMENT.

you've been spewing "subplot not cameo" for page upon page. and now even YOu admit he was a cameo.

Also, Mario may not really talk, but he does kind of have a storyline. what with RPG and the Paper Marios and all that.

"Mario's Games are good and cloud's games are good"
I happen to disagree with this statement. Yes, mario's games are good. I dont think i've ever played a mario game i didnt like.
But I dont care for FF7. I've said it all over this topic. So i don't think cloud's games are good. (and dont say i hate KH. those arent cloud's games.) Then again, im just one nerd in a sea of fanboys.

8-bit hacker

Smash Cadet
Playstation lives off of names like Final Fantasy and MSG.

"Mario's Games are good and cloud's games are good"
Cloud has like almost too games that he stared in. One and a half at most. 7 and that cheap *** fighting game with the KH.

Plan_9 sez: "Hey guys I'm Cloud. And I'm in the game because fans wont shut the hell up!... And stop cosplaying as me ****it. ^_^"

oops. I really did mean to explain.

And i was joking lol.

Vespian gas - Starcraft. For the win.
FYI,not everyone playes starcraft.

What's up with the cloud hate??Oh i forgot,everyone wants Geno...You guys are making seem as much as a whor'e as cloud is.

There is still time for game development,so who knows,the game could include him,seeing as square and nintendo are getting closer together.

Even if he didn't have a full length game on a nintendo consol,other characters didn't as well.

Examples:peach and Bowser,they didn't have games,but they made it in.Just an example.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
FYI,not everyone playes starcraft.

What's up with the cloud hate??Oh i forgot,everyone wants Geno...You guys are making seem as much as a whor'e as cloud is.

There is still time for game development,so who knows,the game could include him,seeing as square and nintendo are getting closer together.

Even if he didn't have a full length game on a nintendo consol,other characters didn't as well.

Examples:peach and Bowser,they didn't have games,but they made it in.Just an example.
A funny thing I just realized. Geno and Cloud are actually alike in the fact that they have each only starred in one game and the rest of their appearences have been only cameos. Although Geno's game appearence was actually for Nintendo.

As for Peach and Bowser, while neither did have their own game, each of them have appeared several times over the years and have been playable at one point or another.

100links

Smash Ace
all i can say is....if cloud is in brawl....fangirls and guys whould just play him....and they he whould be banned in tournaments and then square gets more 1337-ness and poor geno and or worthy people of the square series wont get in......(and i have a question was mario hoops 3-on-3 made by square or ninyendo? im confused...)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
all i can say is....if cloud is in brawl....fangirls and guys whould just play him....and they he whould be banned in tournaments and then square gets more 1337-ness and poor geno and or worthy people of the square series wont get in......(and i have a question was mario hoops 3-on-3 made by square or ninyendo? im confused...)
mario basketball was made by square, but they got permission to put in mario characters.
and clouds inclusion would actually INCREASE geno's chances in brawl.(well, actually its the other way around, but eh. whatever works best for ya.)
and I am getting very, VERY tired of people saying that fangirls/boys woud abuse him. hell, those kind of people dont even play competitive smash! after all, one other cool thing about smash is being able to play as your fav game character and beat the snot out of the other game characters. is killing off a game character that thousands love right? no.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
the level of stupidity in the last few posts (cept for tirkaro. always the level headed one) makes my brain sad.

Ok, as for the peach and bowser thing. I dunno if you noticed, but there's this little game called "super princess peach" for the DS. Also, Bowser has been the main villain in almost every mario game. That's a starring role to me. That's like saying ganon never had a big role. Plus, you got to play as Bowser in paper mario.

And my "cloud hate" as you so subtly put it, is not because I want geno in. I don't even care about geno, I could care less if he gets in.

In conclusion, there is no apostrophe in the word ***** and no H in the word would. just terrible.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Dantedemonslayer:

I don't know if u noticed this or not.... but i will gladly tell u this.... Super Princess Peach was released way after Melee was created.... that is what the person was talking bout when they were talking bout Peach and Bowser not having their own games....

Maverick69

Smash Ace
ok, that doesnt change peach's role in EVERY mario game as the princess you have to rescue, her playable role in Mario RPG, mariokart, and every mario sports game.

8-bit hacker

Smash Cadet
mario basketball was made by square, but they got permission to put in mario characters.
and clouds inclusion would actually INCREASE geno's chances in brawl.(well, actually its the other way around, but eh. whatever works best for ya.)
and I am getting very, VERY tired of people saying that fangirls/boys woud abuse him. hell, those kind of people dont even play competitive smash! after all, one other cool thing about smash is being able to play as your fav game character and beat the snot out of the other game characters. is killing off a game character that thousands love right? no.
Anyone notice something wrong?

Aiser

Smash Lord
Lol are arguments resorting to "PEACH NEVER HAD HER OWN GAME YET SHE HAD A SLOT IN SMASH HOW COME CLOUD CAN'T?!"? I better be mis-understanding because right now I'm really tempted to go and murder people.

Peach = nintendo character

Cloud = Square character. not only is he a square character he represents ALOT of termoil between Square and Nintendo lol.

oh yeah and I forgot. Peach has been in more nintendo games then you can imagine, just look at the easter eggs in 90% of first party games for nintendo.

darkwolfx24678

Smash Rookie
It would be awesome to have cloud in the game. It's a war between alot of favorite characters. If fans abuse Cloud whatever.... They bought the game for a reason.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
The way I see it, adding Cloud would be a kamikaze move by Nintendo. Cloud's only game was exclusively on the PS1, the rival platform to the N64. Like it or not, Cloud is most closely associated with his appearances on the Playstaion, and by proxy, associated with Sony. Now, with all of these rumors of a remake of FF7 for the PS3, adding Cloud would do absolutely nothing but hurt Nintendo in the long run. Cloud should not be in Brawl.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
I think it would be stupid for Nintendo to include Cloud, or any Final Fantasy character other than Cactuar into SSBB. Not only would it bring a completely stupid fanbase towards Super Smash Brothers and own all things unique about Nintendo, but it would only spread even more advertisement for Square, which is strongly associated with Sony (what with most of their popular games being on Playstation) which would mean Nintendo would get less credit.

That could just be superstition, but I'm 100% against Cloud for anything Nintendo.

darkwolfx24678

Smash Rookie
The way I see it, adding Cloud would be a kamikaze move by Nintendo. Cloud's only game was exclusively on the PS1, the rival platform to the N64. Like it or not, Cloud is most closely associated with his appearances on the Playstaion, and by proxy, associated with Sony. Now, with all of these rumors of a remake of FF7 for the PS3, adding Cloud would do absolutely nothing but hurt Nintendo in the long run. Cloud should not be in Brawl.
At no point would putting Cloud in the game hurt the game at all. Cloud is a favorite of many. Putting Cloud in the game would only make many other fans happier. (including myself, even though fox still rocks) These are battles for people to play with their favorite characters.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
yes but if cloud gets in and I find out he bumped someone more deserving out of a slot, then i'll be pissed.

Like if Cloud gets in and I find out nook almost had that slot, someone gonna die.

bbb

Smash Champion
Here's what I think of this whole thread:

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Betaz

Smash Ace
I'd say if they have to chose an RPG character wielding a sword they should stick to Nintendo RPG's for example Chrono or Lloyd.

8-bit hacker

Smash Cadet
I think the Warchief Thrall has a better chance being in Brawl then Cloud. Chrono isn't Nintendo IP, it's Square. But I think he has a better chance also.

Kroy

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least suspect. That's right you know.
I like Cloud and I also thought that he would make a good character in SSBB, but I don't exactly agree with the idea he is the best RPG character ever (arguably I suppose). I think it would be pretty cool is the whole KILL SONY ideal can be conquered. I wan't an arse load of characters 50+ cosisting of classic Nintendo characters and iconic characters from 3rd party series.

Also, what is wrong with being a fan of another character in a Non-Nintendo series. I personally am a fan of the Master Chief from the Halo series. Is that really a problem?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like Cloud and I also thought that he would make a good character in SSBB, but I don't exactly agree with the idea he is the best RPG character ever (arguably I suppose). I think it would be pretty cool is the whole KILL SONY ideal can be conquered. I wan't an arse load of characters 50+ cosisting of classic Nintendo characters and iconic characters from 3rd party series.

Also, what is wrong with being a fan of another character in a Non-Nintendo series. I personally am a fan of the Master Chief from the Halo series. Is that really a problem?
No its no problem. As long if you dont create new threads about it. ;)

unest_guy

Smash Apprentice
post this to the producer we fans of super smash bros we like to see this game with new
characters such as -sephiroth-cloud-lucario-and many more...
at least put only sephiroth why would'nt you put him is that because he was'nt in nin-game
come on live your life.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
At no point would putting Cloud in the game hurt the game at all. Cloud is a favorite of many. Putting Cloud in the game would only make many other fans happier. (including myself, even though fox still rocks) These are battles for people to play with their favorite characters.
Did you even read the rest of that post? Adding Cloud would hurt Nintendo because he is SONY'S flagship character. He is revered as an icon for the SONY PLAYSTATION. It's not about who your favorite characters are. It's characters that have had huge impacts on Nintendo and Nintendo's history. And your last statement there is wrong. If Smash Bros was just about playing your favorite characters, it would have been multiplatform from the start, and include characters from all 3 consoles. Smash Bros. is about iconic Nintendo characters, not the most popular characters ever.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
snake has become a pretty big icon for sony playstation as well!!! i think adding cloud would boost the sales of SSBB how many people would want to see cloud and link duke it out!?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So? Snake did appeared on a Nintendo console to. He brought Nintendo some money to.
Btw just a question, was Metal Gear 2 ported to the NES to or is that a NES only game? Yet Snake's addition to Brawl already is strange, even if Sonic would be added, Snake is something nobody would ever expect.

Cant you FF fans just accept that Cloud doesnt need to make appearances in all games you can think of? If Nintendo asked Square to borrow a character it would be someone else. Geno is most likely, but some Classic FF character would be good to since they atleast stared in recent and older Nintendo games.

Top Bottom