• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi - Everyone Else Cheated! (Assist Trophy Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Waluigi is a dirty, try-hard, pseudo-romantic, antisocial creep.

I'd like him in Smash 4. I definitely would, but I think that sums up his personality (since you guys were talking about his personality.)

We all know he's dirty, both literally and personality wise. (looks like he has bad hygiene, is a thief, is kinda vulgar with his crotch dance, etc.) We know he tries hard, as per him thinking everyone is always better. The pseudo-romantic appeal totally goes with the moustache and it's gimmicky enough to make him a fun character, he's obviously antisocial just by his behavior and no one liking him, and he just screams creep.

He has enough moveset potential and enough originality to make for an amazing character, totally unlike "just another fire emblem rep" or "another pokemon," or "another mario." What a lanky, sporty, depressing purple giant he is.

I think we can all agree he has a "romantic" or "magician" image to counter wario's "biker" appearance, and we know nobody really likes him that much.

Mario just gets the ladies by being #1. He cares and does everything right, apparently.
Luigi's a total dweeb who's mildly successful
Wario doesn't care about anything but himself, and it has done him well.
Waluigi cares a lot but just can't manage to do anything right.

... hmm, yeah, now that you mention, I'm pretty sure I've seen Waluigi hitting on girls at clubs before... Like, in every club.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
@Eddy Very well said! I'd really like to see him in Smash too.

By the way, do we have any movesets for the main man yet?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
@Eddy Very well said! I'd really like to see him in Smash too.

By the way, do we have any movesets for the main man yet?

Neutral B: Gamma Ball, he puts one hand on his hip and with the other outstretched hand he releases a large, powerful purple fireball that moves quickly in completely random, constantly changing directions. While a good attack, it's too unpredictable to actually aim so it's best to just pop them off whenever you have a free moment.

Side B: Rose Toss, he dramatically throws a rose into the winds that softly lands on the stage. Anyone running over it hurts their feet on the thorns and are afflicted with huge hitstun. On a rare occasion, he accidentally throws out a bob-bomb. He's... he's bad at romance.

Down B: Chop Taunt, he jumps forward and does the crotch chop while yelling waaahahahahaaa. Anyone who attacks him during this time does no damage but still knocks him away... however, any damage he would have taken is instead added to the next Smash attack he makes along with some proportional knockback.
Multiple Chop Taunts can accumulate more damage and stack, so if you can resist using Smash Attacks until the perfect opportunity, Waluigi's attack would completely devastate a foe.

Up B: Gamma Leap, he starts off with the same animation as the gamma ball, but the Gamma Ball ignites on wrong hand, lighting his pants on fire. With a mighty waaaaaa he leaps into the sky while batting away the flames and leaving burning purple droplets in his wake.

... I was just making up some random BS specials, but I really like some of them.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I accept that Waluigi, after all, has a good chance of making the new SSB.

There's just at least 20 characters I'd rather have... :p

But if he's in it'd be nice if he got like a sport moveset.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Worthy ot not - Waluigi has the potential of beeing a very unique Smash Character.
Lot's of weak, Long Ranged attacks.

The Dhalsim of Smash.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Also, ppl are ******** about Waluigi not beeing "worthy".
How is Falco more worthy?
(Not that I have anything against Falco.)

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Also, ppl are *****ing about Waluigi not beeing "worthy".
How is Falco more worthy?
(Not that I have anything against Falco.)

Just because one thing is already bad doesn't actually mean something else that's bad should happen... :p

As far as Falco goes, it could be argued that he's more important since he has appeared in actual main games from the franchise, though.

Do you see Waluigi as having more range than the character who wield weapons? Like, would he actually be stretching his limbs a bit?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Like, would he actually be stretching his limbs a bit?
Well, yes. A bit.
Lots of characters have their hands/feet grow bigger as they punch/kick.

Waluigi's hands/feet would do this too, adding a tad more range on his already long limbs.

I see him as one of the best reach characters in the game, but with low priority, of course.
Maybe the same reach as some of Snake's Glitch Hitbubbles, but without the glitching.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Well, yes. A bit.

Waluigi's hands/feet would do this too, adding a tad more range on his already long limbs.

I see him as one of the best reach characters in the game, but with low priority, of course.
Maybe the same reach as some of Snake's Glitch Hitbubbles, but without the glitching.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Well, yes. A bit.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Haha, dang, the Smash server's getting pretty laggy, isn't it?

I didn't mean my tone to come off like "hah, what, you expect them to stretch his limbs or something weird like that?", I was just curious how you were imagining it. I normally think of the limb-growing as a way to give the stubby characters a reasonable amount of range, but I'm sure it'd look fine for Waluigi. He could also achieve pretty ridiculous range if he simply leaned forward with his punches.

Stupid Snake... what a jerk, with his stupid hitboxes.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
all of this waluigi redesign from a page ago reminds me of a comic....

...But yeah, I wouldn't mind a redesign

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Haha, dang, the Smash server's getting pretty laggy, isn't it?
Wow, I just saw it now.
Triple Post ftw.

Btw, I like your Neutral B, Gamma Ball.
It's a fresh idea for the series.

Waluigi Specials:

Side B - Party Die: Waluigi throws the Mario Party Die at the opponent.
The higher the number, the higer knockback and damage.
1=1% 2=2% 3=3%, and so on.
#1 to #9 goes from low to medium knockback.

#10 deals 18% damage and has high knockback.

Down B - Exclamation Mark: Waluigi drops a green disc with a white Exclamination Mark on it.
When stepped on, one of the following effects apply:
1: A Petey Piranha surfaces and starts to chew on the player, rapidly, dealing 2% damage per chew up to 5 times, then spits him out.
Players can mash to break free earlier.
2: The disc explodes, dealing 14% damage with meduim/high knockback.
3: A Poison Mushroom pops up, dealing 3% damage and makes the player slower for 2 seconds.
4: The player trips and suffers 1% damage.

Will post Neutral B and Up B later.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I just now remembered that Waluigi is Luigi's last opponent in the Boxing game in Game & Watch Gallery Advance. I didn't even think of that when I said Waluigi should be introduced in the Boxing ring stage in a trailer.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I can see it now...

Mario knocks Bowser unconscious, and watches as a green shadow sends Bowser flying. It's revealed to be Luigi, and the brothers high-five until something hits them both. They plug their noses as they see something holding on to the edge of the Battlefield. It is Wario, who pulls himself up and immediately charges towards the Mario Bros. They fight, and suddenly a Bob-Omb falls. Waluigi jumps from the rafters and does some real crazy things. The three look at each other in confusion until Waluigi pulls out a tennis racket and starts yodeling while he sprints towards them. Gameplay footage ensues, and then Waluigi air-swims away as the mangled bodies of Mario, Luigi and Wario twitch in agony.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
The best thing about the gamma ball idea is the gamma leap.But I feel Waluigi already has many abilities to work on.Of all the abilities given to characters in spin-offs,I think Waluigi is the one that given the most that fit his character.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I can see it now...

Mario knocks Bowser unconscious, and watches as a green shadow sends Bowser flying. It's revealed to be Luigi, and the brothers high-five until something hits them both. They plug their noses as they see something holding on to the edge of the Battlefield. It is Wario, who pulls himself up and immediately charges towards the Mario Bros. They fight, and suddenly a Bob-Omb falls. Waluigi jumps from the rafters and does some real crazy things. The three look at each other in confusion until Waluigi pulls out a tennis racket and starts yodeling while he sprints towards them. Gameplay footage ensues, and then Waluigi air-swims away as the mangled bodies of Mario, Luigi and Wario twitch in agony.
The Air Swim must be the most wtf-move in gaming history.
I'd be perfect for his Up+b.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Alright, made this for a response in the Link thread, but it deserves to be here too.

WaLink.jpg
"Waa! Waah! Wyahhhh!"

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I love "Dat Invite" and the Peach one.

That Peach one is amazing!! It's just perfect for Waluigi.

Do a Waluigi x Zero Suit Samus one! Or a Waluigi x Wii Fit Trainer. Or a Waluigi x ZSS & WFT! :b: Or a Waluigi x Peach, ZSS, WFT, and Zelda one! :happysheep:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I love "Dat Invite" and the Peach one.

That Peach one is amazing!! It's just perfect for Waluigi.

Do a Waluigi x Zero Suit Samus one! Or a Waluigi x Wii Fit Trainer. Or a Waluigi x ZSS & WFT! :b: Or a Waluigi x Peach, ZSS, WFT, and Zelda one! :happysheep:
Er... truth be told, I'm not that good at drawing and after taking nearly a decade long hiatus from it, I'm just now starting to get my confidence back. Hopefully I can build up to some of the things you requested eventually.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Consider me a bit of a Waluigi supporter. Toad or Bowser Jr. seem to be the more likely given Toad's history and Bowser Jr's roles in recent games. There's also Paper Mario if Sakurai wants the Mario RPGs to have any representation at all. But Waluigi has the entirety of the Spin-off games he could represent. Mario Party, Mario Kart, all the different Mario sports, etc. Plus his build alone makes him a very unique character potentially, he'd be relatively lightweight given how skinny he is. But some pretty long reach with his arms and feet.

If he ever got in though. I'd consider giving him a permanent spot in my main list if they ever do this with him: Make his crotch chop from the Strikers games one of his taunts xD

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Some ppl say "he's just a spin-off character".
I say gtfo.

And to be honest, when it comes to spin-offs - who to better represent Nintendo Spin-offs than Waluigi?
He can sorta be a Spin-off Representative.
Nothing wrong with that.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
NEW THEORY, GUYS!

Entitled: WALUIGI HAS MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISORDER (and has been in WarioWare this entire time).

It's simple. Waluigi is secretely Jimmy T.

He puts on a slick outfit, grabs his favorite blue wig, and his glasses.
What about his facial hair, you ask? Those balls at the end of his mustache are just mustache weights, designed to drop Waluigi's normally horizontal 'stache into a handlebar.

This personality is born from a desperate loneliness and a need to feel included. Also, sometimes, the guy just wants to dance but he feels too self-conscious.

When he's feel especially lonesome, what does he do?

He dresses up as the entire family.
He's just got a maternity suit to dress up as WaMama over there.
Notice that Jimmy's mustache is free flying and not even connected to his face like a handlebar would?

Wario's been Jimmy T's friend since childhood, which would make sense as we kind of assume that Wario and Waluigi have known each other for awhile. I think Wario just doesn't have the heart (or doesn't care about Waluigi at all) to break the fantasy.

@tomic

Smash Apprentice
Might have been posted earlier in the thread (not reading through 18 pages to check), but this is a pretty well-made fan hack that's still a work in progress:

That D-air

Video's rather old so he might have changed a lot.

D

Deleted member

Waluigi Time?
Waluigi Time.

A newer version of the Waluigi hack is being made.
Here's some vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpE0I7uWu10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVCoFEI3aeo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifIMs1rtMEk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmlOTiRCHzo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3BnJYVDK04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4szWMQB98uo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN_xk_n-c5A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZhk9vzJlXo

The entire moveset is here:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=58714.0

Instead of that counter thing from the first version, this version is going to have Tekken-inspired techniques for Down Special as a tribute to Namco working on Smash 4.
It's Mist Step, which allows Waluigi to dash through projectiles. It can be cancelled into either Spinning Demon or Rising God Fist on the ground and into either Hell Axle or Dragon Uppercut in the air.

EDIT: A new non-Assist model is also in the works.
It's even got it's own palette set:

Blue is based off of Stanley the Bug Man.
Brown is based off of P2 Waluigi in Mario Tennis' Special game features.
Green and Red are just random.
Pink is based off one of the background plumbers in the plumbing school Mario and Luigi attended in the old Super Mario cartoon.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
EDIT: A new non-Assist model is also in the works.
It's even got it's own palette set:

Blue is based off of Stanley the Bug Man.
Brown is based off of P2 Waluigi in Mario Tennis' Special game features.
Green and Red are just random.
Pink is based off one of the background plumbers in the plumbing school Mario and Luigi attended in the old Super Mario cartoon.
Kinda surprised that they did not use Luigi or Wario's colours for alts, but whatever.

Anyways, I made this in response to Disfunkshunal's post on the General Thread, but it should be here as well.

KOOLOO-LIMWAAAA!

D

Deleted member

Eh, just found this, thought I'd share:

Shame R&D1 hates using characters they didn't create; Waluigi would fit in perfectly in the WarioWare franchise.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
I really like that Brawl Hack Waluigi V2. Shows how incredibly viable a character he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom