• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wafa? Wefe? It's WiFi baby!

Galaxy

Smash Journeyman
With a ranking system, a lot of noobs will be losing and turn off their wii right before you win. It's better not to have one.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Excuse me I heard this a couple times in here and I'm not sure if anyone cleared this up but...

You can pick the stage if you look at the Player 3 box it says picking stage. I asume it may have a similarity to the Mario Kart DS selection of stages online where the one with the most votes wins or one is chosen at random if they are all tied.

aran_fusion

Smash Cadet
Excuse me I heard this a couple times in here and I'm not sure if anyone cleared this up but...

You can pick the stage if you look at the Player 3 box it says picking stage. I asume it may have a similarity to the Mario Kart DS selection of stages online where the one with the most votes wins or one is chosen at random if they are all tied.
Everytime someone posts that picture I stare in awe at sandbag.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
I nearly fell out of my seat when I saw this update.

I'd love to exchange Wii Friend Codes, but...

Where do I find that? =P

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
I think people need to reserve criticism until the "future updates" regarding Online are announced. There's obviously more to it than we know...

greenblob

Smash Lord
I really hope that there's an option to limit the players to two or to turn off items. Friend codes work in theory, but no one's ever on when I'm on and I often have to schedule a game a week in advance.

I'm also in favor of rankings, not so much so that you can get on a leaderboard, but for matchmaking. There should be an option to look for opponents according to skill level.

aran_fusion

Smash Cadet
Just to point out, once Brawl comes out I'm pretty much quitting WoW (which I play right now) to focus on playing SSBB online. So you can expect me to be on alot.

Revven

FrankerZ
I wouldn't doubt Sakurai about the Wins/Losses yet; we still have our VS. Records section. I believe he will make it so based on the characters you play with online it will record your Wins/Losses from online matches in your game but won't be displayed online. It means less stress on the servers to keep track of all those numbers, I believe your Win/Loss record will be with the characters you play as but they have their own individual win/loss record like they do in Melee.

Just go look at the VS. Records in Melee and then come back here and tell me whether they'd do it like that or not. I don't see why not! This way, only you know your Wins/Losses based on the characters' Wins/Losses.

Makes sense to me, he just meant they wouldn't be displayed online, much like MSC (Mario Strikers Charged has your total Wins/Losses not displayed online, just your current Wins/Losses from that season).

greenblob

Smash Lord
Just to point out, once Brawl comes out I'm pretty much quitting WoW (which I play right now) to focus on playing SSBB online. So you can expect me to be on alot.
Yeah, Smash does that. I used to play a few MMORPGs now and then, but I quit them all after I started playing Smash 64 online.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Notice how none of the pictures have items. It is possible that there could be no items. I mean, come on, items = more lag. As long as I can own people at random, have fun playing people on my level, and learning from more experienced players.

falcofuku69

Smash Apprentice
wow desert eagle ur so cool, i wish i was as cool as you, can u show me how to be as cool as you? U R MY IDOL...............................

aran_fusion

Smash Cadet
I need more wii friend codes. :p

I just remembered, I expect this game to have some sort of preset matches, like team battle, or even a way to save favorite match set ups.

the656

Smash Journeyman
that text is big enough to spam a screen and screw someone over WTB chat on left side that you can hide/show

Xephalon

Smash Journeyman
i personally dont like this update cause you cant make friends anymore by practicing at other people's houses..and in Wifi theres not voice chatting unlike Xbox live

Stryks

Smash Hero
so you rather fight predictable AIs than random people who you CANT possibly guess his level of gameplay and making it more challenging? GTFO

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
To be truthful, the announcement of online play is the absolute best of all current updates to date. It just is. There was hinting of it originally...then the rumor that it wouldn't happen...and now, our prayers answered!

What's the issue with the the worldwide play? I mean, it would be nice to do regional and such, but there is still time for them to make adjustments. So, don't get your hopes down just yet. Also, wouldn't you rather not play people in an FFA game? I mean, I personally would rather just exchange a bunch of Friend Codes right here on Smash Boards... it's where we can find the most people to play against competitively anyways, right?
See the underlined text.

'Nuff said right there. Communities like the SWF exist for a purpose, after all.

Smooth Criminal

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
and in Wifi theres not voice chatting unlike Xbox live
Xbox Live isn't a FREE ONLINE PLAY SERVICE.

Seriously, guys. Sakurai told us no ranking. We got ranking in the better of the two modes. We already got more than we were promised. AND it's a completely free online play service. And you guys still aren't happy?!

This is why I could never be a teacher.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Xbox Live isn't a FREE ONLINE PLAY SERVICE.

Seriously, guys. Sakurai told us no ranking. We got ranking in the better of the two modes. We already got more than we were promised. AND it's a completely free online play service. And you guys still aren't happy?!

This is why I could never be a teacher.
lol

all i'm saying is...your lucky your getting any of these updates AT ALL people.....Sakurai couldv'e just let you rot your ungrateful a$$es and make you wait until Dec 3. but NO...out of the goddness of his japanese heart, he allowed us to see the inner workings of the game we yearn for for so long and you still aren't happy?

This is why i could never be a motivational speaker.

LBB

Smash Rookie
we all knew this was in, i lold at the petitioners.
and we all knew it was friend codes or not, because of Pokemon Battle revolution.

about the update:
this. update. owned.

i guess.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
nintendo must have a legion of 5-year od sves hidden around sumwhere, because they're just getting ridicuous with this protection thing.
I've seen 8-year-olds cussin out people on xbox live.

Besides i doubt any sexual predators will be so desperate that they will buy a wii, hook it up to the net, play onine, jot down the name of a kid called Timmy who has 12W and 8L. Then proceed to travel to whatever country hes in and track down one of 100's of kids called timmy.
"Yea, um, im lookin for timmy, he has a 12 to 8 record in smashbros, u heard of him?"

I mean come on

ReXXXSoprano

Smash Cadet
Online is official now. But we have to remeber to keep or senses or we could end up doing things we don't mean. Like for example starting riots.

Let's keep it cool in the streets. I mean that.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I don't even care that I can't speak to or know whom I'm facing in random online matches. Most of the time I don't give a crap anyways... I just hope I can play 1v1, don't care if items are in use or not, just want to pummel some others in 1v1, free for alls are a bit to hectic although I will play them if it's my only option.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Thank god theres no voice support. This is why I don't play XBL, so many little kiddies cussing like crazy.

Top Bottom