• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wafa? Wefe? It's WiFi baby!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
can 2 people from the same wii play on wifi with 2 othe people
I think the better question would be: Can 4 people from the same Wii play Wi-Fi online?

Then people would be all: "What's the point?"
And you can be all: "Because it's cool."

...I'm just praying for a voice chat option.

Co-Op would be nice, but voice chat would really do it for me.
No voice chat for Brawl. Halo2 ruined that for us.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I think the better question would be: Can 4 people from the same Wii play Wi-Fi online?

Then people would be all: "What's the point?"
And you can be all: "Because it's cool."

No voice chat for Brawl. Halo2 ruined that for us.
I agree....and we dont need little 5 year old n00bs swearing at us XD...little b@$t@rds..

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Agreed, especially when you work full time and don't have time to go to tourneys.
Full Work+ Brawl=Da Sux. Sorry about that, dude. lol.

I'm still waiting for those so-called "psychological barriers" to be broken with a bit of "how you doin" and not just... not even talking to the person you're battling. I've had some challengers in Kart DS that I wanted to battle against again... but darn that nintendo...

M.K

Level 55
In my opinion, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl is the BEST Wi-Fi Nintendo has put out so far....

let's hope Brawl raises that bar.

Formless

Smash Cadet
I really hope that if someone turns off their Wii their character just drops, as opposed to the whole match ending.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
i thought pokemon was the ONLY one to use voice chat, I'd never heard it mentioned until then.

Revak

Smash Apprentice
i think the wifi will only let you play against characters you unlocked. what do you guys think?
Doubt it. In Strikers you could play in Wifi with the unlockable characters without having to unlock them first. I'm guessing you will have to unlock them to use them but you can still play against them.

lucario_user

Smash Ace
i hope wifi has a ranking chart and by beating someone ahead of you, you gain 1 point. if you lose to someone ahead of you you lose nothing. if you win against someone below you, you gain nothing. if you lose to someone below you, you lose a point. your oppenent is chosen at random. you can only see your score on the main menu. you see other peoples score only when fighting them. you have a higher chance of fighting people ahead of you when there are multiple opponets. there are a total of 4000 points possible. what do you guys think?

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
i thinkif u disconect the opposing person should be able to choose if they want to continue the match against a cpu or quit and have a loss registered to the person who quit and get a partial credit for themselves

lucario_user

Smash Ace
i thinkif u disconect the opposing person should be able to choose if they want to continue the match against a cpu or quit and have a loss registered to the person who quit and get a partial credit for themselves
when someone disconnects it counts as a loss towards the person who disconnected.

what happens when people disconnect? Why 4,000 point max? This game is going to be popular to where a max might not be a smart idea.
why not 4000? everyone starts with 1 point. like i said you can be tied with people.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I feel the whole point of online play is to increase the diversity of who you play. It's not to make a name for yourself. Even ladders whether built-in or made by forums are only to help you find people at your level and compete against them. Everyone is going to have to decide what the best way is to do this. Some people will just go around challenging each other. Some will build ladders that we attempt to use. Some of us will make online tournaments. For all we know, they'll add more online features, though highly doubtful with the limited abilities of the WFC connection. They can't just magically make it like Xbox live unless they put in the effort to make that part entirely seperate from Brawl itself. In which case, they'll probably want to make it for more than just Brawl and they may even consider starting to charge for online use/accounts.

Here are two examples..... http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=100427
...... http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=120358

Top Bottom