• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wafa? Wefe? It's WiFi baby!

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Look, I don't mean to complain but quit being fan boys. The online doesn't suck but it could have been better, period. And voice chat would have been really cool. If you don't want to hear "8 year olds crying" then don't use the mic. It's that simple. But you can't seriously deny voice chat being a good idea, I mean, it's not a bad idea.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Seriously, they could at least have voice chat for friend games.
Exactly.

I mean they really could have, and if they don't annouce it, I'm sorry but that's a big let down. I'm not trying to complain, just stating a general opinion. I would think by now that Nintendo likes people t have fun playing games in a casual manner, which would include talking.

It's not cool to be a fanboy and act like it wouldn't have been cool, or a good idea. Seriously, "It's better not to have voice chat, I don't wanna hear complainers" is a terrible arguement. You wouldn't have to listen to people, just turn off the mic. If nintendo doesn't do this, they better pick up on this Next Generation, seriously, Nintendo needs to pick up their online game. I'm sorry, but it's true.

Salaad

Smash Ace
That I agree on, but the way XBL is going and if Wii is going to be the same way, it's all trash talking and cussing. I don't want to go in a random game and have some Angry German kid start screaming. And I do want to use a mic during that game, but theres a kid on the mic screaming and I won't be able to talk.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Then don't use the mic...

The logic people are using is awful. It'd be like saying...

I don't play as Fox, beacuse of this he's a bad character that no one should play as.

or...

I hate the color blue, so I'm glad there won't be anymore blue underwear, I simply didn't want to wear them.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Just imagine having a nice talk with someone else online and then imagine an angry german comming in and ruining it. I want to be able to use the mic when I want, and almost every single game on XBL there's always that one person. =/

Note: Yes, I am comparing XBL to NWFC.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Well, first off that's assuming your playing against more than 1 person (which most people on these forums don't want to do). Second off, don't do it, don't use the mic, then you'll never have to hear that angry german kid. Period.

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
HUZZAH! Sweet vindication! I knew that this was almost definite, but seeing it in hard print, this early on, is a fantastic relief. Sure, distance is going to make a difference- I wouldn't expect anything less. Sure, there won't be records for random assignment battles. But ultimately, what difference will it make? This part isn't meant so much to be about bragging rights as it is to be fun- and fun it shall be indeed!

SiD

Smash Master
Just imagine having a nice talk with someone else online and then imagine an angry german comming in and ruining it. I want to be able to use the mic when I want, and almost every single game on XBL there's always that one person. =/

Note: Yes, I am comparing XBL to NWFC.
But XBL also allows for private chat, where you only talk to a friend(s), or muting people you don't want to hear.

wii doesnt have a little hole to plug in for the mic...thats a big problem
It doesn't have a hole for Wiimotes either, but wait, they're bluetooth!

Mic's could easily be done the same way.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Thank god theres no voice support. This is why I don't play XBL, so many little kiddies cussing like crazy.
*eyetwitch*
Is it just me? Am I old-fashioned or something?
If I had a little kid and overheard him cussing up a storm on XBL, he wouldn't be playing games again for a long time.

Spinach Ops™

Smashtown, Nowhere
NNID
Spinach.Ops
3DS FC
2809-9932-5572
I need more friends in my address thing, feel free to take my Wii number and send me yours....... unless your to afraid to get dominated when Brawl comes out.

Wii #3702 6501 1458 8241

hmmm.... there should be thread just for exchanging Wii numbers.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
I need more friends in my address thing, feel free to take my Wii number and send me yours....... unless your to afraid to get dominated when Brawl comes out.

Wii #3702 6501 1458 8241

hmmm.... there should be thread just for exchanging Wii numbers.
I asked this yesterday as well but it appears Brawl will have it's own numbers.

ReXXXSoprano

Smash Cadet
I see the point everyone is making. But there is one thing that a lot of people have overlooked. Brawl online will be a beast like nothing before it. Anyone who plays Internet Gangsta, Mic Check Racist, or Mid Game Quitter, will be there and with hate rays set to kill. Everyone who's ever gamed online, will not be prepared for the onslaught no matter what Nintendo sets in place to keep this from happening. So the only thing we can do as level headed gamers is put the nonsense to rest. So I made a Public Service Announcement/Special Occasion Celebration Video. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP27vi0kLiA

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
I hope, that if stage selection is on a vote, it's random instead of majority rules like in Mario Kart.

In Kart, basically some people pick first, while others wait and then vote for one of the other option to make it a sure-fire selection. So you end up playing the same few levels almost all the time. If I pick Battlefield, two people pick Pokemon Stadium 2, and one person picks Rumble Falls, Pokemon Stadium 2 should only have a 50% chance of being played, not a 100% chance.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I think that WiFi is a great thing to bring to Brawl, but I think the only thing that I dislike is that the connection will be worse when you are playing a friend from far away (ex: from Indiana to Illinois).

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Indiana and Illinois won't be that bad. Places like NY to California might end up being pretty bad, but there's the whole rest of the country to take into account. I can't imagine myself getting pissed because I can't get a good grip on the competition in Alaska or Europe. Stay in your region, there's going to be plenty of Brawlers wherever you live, so just make do with what you can. No one should be disappointed.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
I think the ONLY thing I'm really rooting for is co-op online. It would make my entire life complete, i have friends who love the game, and teaming with them would be EPIC.

I WILL understand, though, if it isn't implemented.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
I think the ONLY thing I'm really rooting for is co-op online. It would make my entire life complete, i have friends who love the game, and teaming with them would be EPIC.

I WILL understand, though, if it isn't implemented.
Awww, now if you wish extra hard and be a good boy until that special day in December - maybe you'll get what you want from Santa Sakurai! Team Battle's pretty much confirmed methinks...
"With your Wii Friends, you can brawl any way you like. And there are other modes besides just free-for-alls."

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Lol... this is the least important feauture in Brawl to be honest... wifi.. no wifi... ill still be playing with my friends in the same room, nothing beats that... same for tournies :)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This update alone saved millions of babies worldwide from dying. Okay, sadly that was a joke, but anyways...TYVM SAKURAI! Time to get on my pwnageableamazingspectacularlyawfullyawsome game on! That should be a new word in the dictionary btw. ;0 And I can't wait for #150 and #200. I feel Sonic, definitely! :)

TheMightyDorf

Smash Rookie
I am SO GLAD that they decided to implement online play. Hopefully the next version they show us will have some sort of ladder ranking page, as opposed to the one they showed, where your wins and losses don't get counted. That would make me blow a load... erhm... I mean... happy. That would make me happy.

Top Bottom