• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WABA - *Road To Apex* - $500+ Pot Bonus! - Less Than a Month Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRN

Smash Lord
I've been really busy with other things lately that popped up at the wrong time.

@DJ Jack Sorry no drinking at my house. I think my brother is going to be there which changes a lot of things >.<

@MVD No you cant be on 2 teams. Sorry to you too lol.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I've been really busy with other things lately that popped up at the wrong time.

@DJ Jack Sorry no drinking at my house. I think my brother is going to be there which changes a lot of things >.<

still ignores ally

LMFAO

MVD

Smash Master

MVD wont be on two teams tho. MUD is coming to this too

:phone:

Player-1

Smash Legend
We will be doing some variation of bracket pools, we are still discussing how we're doing it, but it'll be bracket pools for sure. No doubles pot bonus or pools.

I can't house anyone at all anymore, sorry, I have a family issue on the weekend of the tournament where a lot of my family will be staying at my house over the weekend :/. Here is something that I wrote up and it's' copied and pasted for ride housing/housing info:

So basically if you need housing and you're not FL then you can stay at the venue for $3 a night. There's nothing there but floorspace an AC, we'll have some pillows and blankets, but not a lot so if you can bring your own or a sleepingbag then good. It's $3 a night.
So here's how rides are going to work for anyone I'm giving a ride to (Player-1). You will HAVE to take Marta to me. Marta is Atlanta's biggest public transportation system, it consist of a rail station and busses, but you probably don't need to worry about MARTA busses. If you are taking Megabus you are dropped off RIGHT at a Marta rail station. All you have to do is walk down the stairs and go to one of the machines and buy a breeze card for $1, load two trips (this is your ride to me and your ride back) on to it which is $5 so $6 total. Here is a map of the Marta's route:
http://www.itsmarta.com/rail-schedules-or-route.aspx
Megabus drops you off at the Civic Center on the red/gold line. You are trying to get to North Springs Station on the Red line (furthest one North). So once you have your trips loaded on the breeze card just go scan your card by the gate and walk through, and then get on the station going NORTHBOUND! At the top of the train/shuttle thingy will be an electric sign saying which line the train is on. You want to be on the red line, but if it says gold line then that's fine too, you're just going to have to tranfser to the red line by the latest at the lindbergh station. If you're getting here after 7 pm then you're going to have to take the gold line first and tranfser to the red line because the red line stops operating in that area after 7 pm. When you're transferring all you gotta do is step off of the train, wait til next train comes and get on (if it says red line on it).
If you're flying in then you'll still have to take Marta to get to me, it's still $6 a trip and you still want to be on the Red line going Northbound to North Springs station, you'll just be starting from where the map says "airport" instead. There'll be signs in the airport around the luggage pick up to where MARTA is.
After you get to me I'll pick you up and drop you off at the venue. I'll be charging ~$5 in gas, maybe a bit less (this will cover any rides I'm giving you though).
So basically for marta: Go North, Be on Red Line, if you are on Gold line transfer to red line at lindbergh, get to North Springs.
Cost for housing and rides will be like $17 at worst.
SO IF YOU'RE FROM OUT OF STATE AND NOT FL AND NEED HOUSING (unless you specifically talked to DRN about any exceptions) REGARDLESS IF YOU NEED A RIDE OR NOT YOU NEED TO POST HERE SO I KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE I CAN TELL THE VENUE OWNER TO EXPECT. IF YOU NEED A RIDE YOU NEED TO TELL ME WHEN YOU'RE ARRIVING AND WHEN YOU'RE DEPARTING SO YOU'RE NOT MISSING YOUR RIDE OUT OF HERE. YOU CAN POST HERE OR TALK TO ME OVER AIM/SKYPE/FB.
IF YOU'RE ARRIVING ANY OTHER WAY THAT'S NOT MEGABUS OR PLANE THEN YOU NEED TO POST SOMETHING NOW SO WE CAN WORK OUT A WAY TO GET YOU.

since a lot of you are also reading this post let me take this time to reiterate this. The Alabama Smash League will be recording most singles bracket tournament matches using their SD card system. Basically they can use a hack on some SD cards they have to hack wiis without homebrew so it has force replay and infinite replay on. We have like 16+ of these SD cards for sure, and probably some others. WHEN YOU GET DONE WITH A MATCH SAVE IT TO THE SD CARD, NOT THE WII. After the tournament we'll collect the SD cards up and upload it to this channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmashBrosTVLive?feature=g-user-u

Also guys bring setups. If you're taking a bus or plane or something here and can't bring a TV at least bring a wii please, it'll help a lot.

and there was actually an update to the above copy and pasted message about housing and rides. The venue might not be available for housing Saturday night due to an event going on Sunday morning for something completely unrelated. If not, don't worry about it. We'll get you housing, but we're figuring this stuff out ASAP.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
It's okay P1 we still love you <3 thanks for all the updates. Chances are extremely high that I will be spending Friday night at the venue (unless last-minute housing comes up) and will need some sort of housing for Saturday night.

:059:

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245

HYPE!!! The count down begins :)

I hope everyone has there ride/housing situation solved.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Awesome. To all riding the Marta, P1 made a big post but I promise its easier than it sounds because I ride Marta all the time and I will be at the venue Friday night too, so I cant wait to meet/play all of you.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
The bracket won't take too long as long not only people register online but also show up on time.

DRN and P-1 will be making bracket and i'm assuming they'll be double checking with others to double check that regions are seeded correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom