• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WABA - *Road To Apex* - $500+ Pot Bonus! - Less Than a Month Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
In 3 days me and cj will be on the bus.

Holy ****.
On FRIDAY.
I gotta get down to the bus stop.

Also, It would seem DLA is no longer coming to this.
So me and Seibrik will be teaming, unless he drops me like it's hot.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I feel the need to stress that

If your Wii is being used as a tournament set-up at any point during this event, then you need to back up your custom stages or be content with losing them.

For simplicity's sake, the easiest way to use our replay system is to launch the codes through stage builder. Regardless of whether or not you have Gecko OS, we'll be using the stage builder to launch it (Note: You do not need Homebrew Channel or any other utility on your Wii for our codeset to work). This means we must delete all the custom stages saved to the Wii in order to use it. Back them up to a personal SD card or remake them later (it's really not hard).

I thought this warning would already be posted in the OP, so I'm sorry for the late head's up.

If DRN could please add a tag line under the ASL heading with a similar warning, I'd appreciate it rather than have people yelling at me for it later.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Pretty much.

Our codes are infinite replays, tags on replays, forced replay save, and full unlock. Full unlock is simply convenient. The rest is what allows us to get everything uploaded. It makes you save and it keeps the replays on our SD cards and in our possession so they don't get lost in the mix.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yeah, you can be with another group that does the same thing and we're still going to want to use our SD cards so that we have all the replays in one place and can make sure they end up on our Dropbox so they can get uploaded as soon as possible.

Now uploaders we can use. If you want to help upload videos for our National Replay Project channel (free advertisement here so subscribe for WABA videos along with anything else we cover http://www.youtube.com/smashbrostvlive), then we'll take all the help we can get, even if it's just this tourney.

And this post reminded me that I need to get Cam off my *** and update the second post of that thread with links to playlists ordered by tourney.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I mean you can probably just use your SD card and upload them to a Dropbox or send through an email or something to us and we'll upload them

:phone:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
With the way it usually works (from my perspective), the number of setups usable is limited by the number of SD cards available. You could probably lend your SD card for use, as long as you make sure that the replays get uploaded to the Dropbox. Hell, if a computer is available at the venue, you could do it before you go home.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I mean, I highly doubt we'll have enough sd cards for every wii so we don't have to use your wii and if you're going to be using force replay, infinite replay, tags in replay hacks might as well just use your sd card too, we'll just have to label it so we know who we're sending where and can label the vids properly

Player-1

Smash Legend
By the way guys bracket pools are going to work like SKTAR bracket pools. We'll divide everyone up into groups and seed you into a mini bracket for who gets into regular bracket. WF and LF will be best of 3 and GFs won't be played out, everyone resets losses when going into the main bracket. I think we'll be 16 pools top 3 or top 4 get out depending on how many entrants there are on Saturday. So that'll be a 48 man bracket with 1st seeds getting byes or a 64 man bracket.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Thinking about buying 4-5 SD cards and bringing them here for the uploader party league of glory, or whatever that thing is called.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Wait.

Bracket pools are working huh?

Are they POOLS or bracket? I was under the impression bracket pools was just a portion of the bracket, making it easier to run using small segments at a time.

But, top 3/4 get out?

Yo, XKilikx, i'll MM.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
It's pools where you don't play everyone.

RickNiddle, I think they'd appreciate it.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
so If I don't beat the other 3 people in my pools i'm not going to even be in the bracket o_O?

If so, then this is going to be one short fun tournament..........

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
SSBBDaisy

Pools = whatever you have before the main bracket that decides who gets into the main bracket, as well as how people get seeded
Round robin = everybody plays everybody

This tourney's gonna have pools, but they're not going to be round robin pools like they're traditionally done. The pools will be mini brackets. Hence, 'pools where you don't play everyone'

Player-1

Smash Legend
Ya, I'd like to do normal round robin pools, but this is a one day tournament with a lot of people attending so gotta make sure this gets done in a timely manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom