• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waba Game presents: [There is a new thread, check last post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Uh, yeah you're coming.

I won't rest peacefully until I put your trashy MK where it rightfully belongs and take your money. :(
more of a reason not to come ;) gona make u wait a month <3.. i rly cant tho :'( age johns again.. and parent johns..

Player-1

Smash Legend
Is it possible to preregister or something? I can't be there until about 4:30-4:45, but this is just for singles and under the assumption that doubles will last for about an hour and a half or more of course

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
if u give the money to a friend im sure he can register for u and i dont think waba would mind, just make sure ur friend doesnt run off with ur whole 10$ =0

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
@AntiC - eh, it happens. just be a little less obvious with your tactics, and you'll be ok.
Will do most definately, perhaps i'm a bit to aggro :[.

@Octix - you don't LEARN MK, you just spam :[.
@Kelli - if you tell min or someone early we can get you a cake :D

Valadis

Smash Cadet
Hehe Min know's it's my birthday ;o And it's my 21st, so it's awesome or not.
Just saying, everyone better be there, or you.. suck o.o
Yeah, that's right.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
Hehe Min know's it's my birthday ;o And it's my 21st, so it's awesome or not.
Just saying, everyone better be there, or you.. suck o.o
Yeah, that's right.
Mean much? :,[. Do you think you're going to play any friendlies? I haven't actually played you in a while. I wonder if i'm a challenge to you or not :o.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
Can an official confirm this?

It would be allowed if you have their nickname and money. Thing is, what would be the point in doing that if you come in to late and you pretty much give someone a bye in the game? You can be pre-registered, but just make sure to make it to your match in time.

@yay- you should definately come :o. make it so i can't get in the top 3 at all ;[

GA Peach

Smash Lord
one thing i can tell you is to not always go for the chain grab against ike with falco. falco destroys him with AND without the cg. if you stay back and shoot, make him come to you, and punish him for it, you'll do a lot better in the matchup

Saltix

Smash Lord

@Octix - you don't LEARN MK, you just spam :[.
@Kelli - if you tell min or someone early we can get you a cake :D
Spam City!
The "Bees" are coming! D:

and speaking of MK, my friend plays MK, and I told him the Cape thing is banned in tourneys.
He wants to know if he could use it to extend his cape and get away from something IE, getting out of the range of a FSmash or such.

I told him to just roll/sidestep, but he wants to know. Anyone clarify this please?

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
one thing i can tell you is to not always go for the chain grab against ike with falco. falco destroys him with AND without the cg. if you stay back and shoot, make him come to you, and punish him for it, you'll do a lot better in the matchup
i'll try that out when i actually face another ike :o

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Spam City!
The "Bees" are coming! D:

and speaking of MK, my friend plays MK, and I told him the Cape thing is banned in tourneys.
He wants to know if he could use it to extend his cape and get away from something IE, getting out of the range of a FSmash or such.

I told him to just roll/sidestep, but he wants to know. Anyone clarify this please?
Banned is banned, no exceptions. ^^

Not like MKs need anything to make him more difficult to defeat anyway. Spotdodge -> Dsmash is already a combo, lol.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Banned is banned, no exceptions. ^^

Not like MKs need anything to make him more difficult to defeat anyway. Spotdodge -> Dsmash is already a combo, lol.
Beat me to it.
Roll and dodge invincibility come out before dimension cape invincibility anyways.

I am really bad at that Brawl game now. I haven't played it since the last Waba I went to.
Play with me for like, 30 minutes or so and you'll be back up to par. :p
This is brawl we're talking about here! XD

Saltix

Smash Lord
Beat me to it.
Roll and dodge invincibility come out before dimension cape invincibility anyways.

Play with me for like, 30 minutes or so and you'll be back up to par. :p
This is brawl we're talking about here! XD
I need to play you for 30 minutes. Everday until I'm up to par lol

And thanks both of you, I'll let him know.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
zelda/ness player was steven an ol' buddy of mine who sucks at smash and johns every time i beat him with samus ;)

oh, viet.. is ur dvd recorder alwase on or do we have to press record if we want it to?.. and if its alwase on can u look for a replay of us on pirate ship? tysm for the vids :D

Saltix

Smash Lord
zelda/ness player was steven an ol' buddy of mine who sucks at smash and johns every time i beat him with samus ;)

oh, viet.. is ur dvd recorder alwase on or do we have to press record if we want it to?.. and if its alwase on can u look for a replay of us on pirate ship? tysm for the vids :D
He told me that you have to hit record.
And speaking of your DVD player, it's quality is nice, and I'm thinking of investing in one and just competing next month. How much was it/where'd you get it and all those fine things :p

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
He told me that you have to hit record.
And speaking of your DVD player, it's quality is nice, and I'm thinking of investing in one and just competing next month. How much was it/where'd you get it and all those fine things :p
i was thinkin about it too tbh, i looked some up and i think thy are around 100

VietGeek

Smash Hero
ugh.
Anything cheaper? I spent my birthday money last week lol
Yeah...a capture card if you know how to install on your laptop I think.

And Dynomite, you have to press record if you want to be recorded. I can't go around wasting DVDs of the results screen or whatever.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Yeah...a capture card if you know how to install on your laptop I think.

And Dynomite, you have to press record if you want to be recorded. I can't go around wasting DVDs of the results screen or whatever.
Capture cards... are they portable? as in, could it handle going to waba and moving from TV to TV?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
oh, i thaught u had a dvdRW just for smash and **** so u dont have to keep wasting dvd's..kk ill keep that inmind next time im on ur wii ;)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
oh, i thaught u had a dvdRW just for smash and **** so u dont have to keep wasting dvd's..kk ill keep that inmind next time im on ur wii ;)
I do, but having to replace DVDs because someone smart wanted to give me 50 minutes of epic Main menu footage takes a long time since I first have to let the recorder finalize the footage so it's not corrupted, take a disc out, put a new one in, which it has to format...

It takes too long and it's best that you just press Stop when your set is done and finals are near. Early on, leave it since people will come to the set shortly after you leave anyway.

I should just print guidelines on my recorder, lol.

Eugenio

Smash Lord
how the **** does that work.

Did you like, forget where the B button was? Or did you make the mistake of playing a game that dumb **** in it.

What was it...

.. oh yeah, hitstun.

HIT STUN!?!?!? In a fighting game? That makes about as much sense as a black republican.

Who needs combos when you've got fun? :)

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I do, but having to replace DVDs because someone smart wanted to give me 50 minutes of epic Main menu footage takes a long time since I first have to let the recorder finalize the footage so it's not corrupted, take a disc out, put a new one in, which it has to format...

It takes too long and it's best that you just press Stop when your set is done and finals are near. Early on, leave it since people will come to the set shortly after you leave anyway.

I should just print guidelines on my recorder, lol.
guidelines please for scruby noobs like me who duno how to do anything, including playing smash :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom