• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waba Game presents: [There is a new thread, check last post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
thanks guys, that was a ton of fun seeing some of you in friendlies. i did get last, but, hell, that was my first one and i can only get better after this. unfortunetly, i wont be able to make it on wednesdays (gotta concentrate on school, school johns, etc).

i have shoutouts too.

Mika: no problem dude, anytime :D
Kismet2: Stop owning with falco. seriously.
Reflex: congrats man, awesome meeting you
VietGeek: good job beating me first round, thanks for the crap ton of friendlies we played
Full Metal: hope you had fun ****** me in losers :D ggs

peace all, see you next month

Saltix

Smash Lord
Octix > BigLou. What?

Kismet and Reflex was there too?! Why did i miss this?! D:
I didnt fight BigLou unfortunately.

I fought: Toolman, Cake, Kismet, VietG, and Desu

Don't miss next month/come to impact clash/weekly training days :D

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
viet u have any footage? oh and wdf with the placements... octix and viet > fullmetal and biglou? WAT?!?! can some one give a short summary about the tourny? :( regrets about not being there

VietGeek

Smash Hero
viet u have any footage? oh and wdf with the placements... octix and viet > fullmetal and biglou? WAT?!?! can some one give a short summary about the tourny? :( regrets about not being there
I have a ****load of footage. The DVD ran out of space, lol.

The only explanation was that BigLou and FM had to fight Reflex or Desu early, forcing themselves into Losers, where many things happened...

Fortunately I only fought BigLou as the challenge. I got him to the last stock on both our games with some mid-slightly to 100 %s so I am content.

OcTIx has a very good Lucario, I ran into a bunch of Fsmashes though. I'm such a slow learner. xD

Trapt497: Good show for the first tourney. Some people get really discouraged if they place badly and don't go to tourneys again, but apparently you're not one of those types. Go kill with that Melee Marth in the furry costume.

Reflex ***** everyone. Even the people he didn't fight. He's just that good.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
i Have A ****load Of Footage. The Dvd Ran Out Of Space, Lol.

The Only Explanation Was That Biglou And Fm Had To Fight Reflex Or Desu Early, Forcing Themselves Into Losers, Where Many Things Happened...

Fortunately I Only Fought Biglou As The Challenge. I Got Him To The Last Stock On Both Our Games With Some Mid-slightly To 100 %s So I Am Content.

Octix Has A Very Good Lucario, I Ran Into A Bunch Of Fsmashes Though. I'm Such A Slow Learner. Xd

Trapt497: Good Show For The First Tourney. Some People Get Really Discouraged If They Place Badly And Don't Go To Tourneys Again, But Apparently You're Not One Of Those Types. Go Kill With That Melee Marth In The Furry Costume.

Reflex ***** Everyone. Even The People He Didn't Fight. He's Just That Good.
Get To Uploading!

i'm ready to see some Kismet pwnage here >:D. What are the weekly training days Octix? I'll join you in that, and if i can get a ride to Impact i'll go there.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Get To Uploading!

i'm ready to see some Kismet pwnage here >:D. What are the weekly training days Octix? I'll join you in that, and if i can get a ride to Impact i'll go there.
Wednesday. It's not exactly a tournament per se, but its like a "league day". Come in and play Brawl for $5, and if theres enough people, they'll do a mini tourney

Trapt497

Smash Ace
I have a ****load of footage. The DVD ran out of space, lol.

The only explanation was that BigLou and FM had to fight Reflex or Desu early, forcing themselves into Losers, where many things happened...

Fortunately I only fought BigLou as the challenge. I got him to the last stock on both our games with some mid-slightly to 100 %s so I am content.

OcTIx has a very good Lucario, I ran into a bunch of Fsmashes though. I'm such a slow learner. xD

Trapt497: Good show for the first tourney. Some people get really discouraged if they place badly and don't go to tourneys again, but apparently you're not one of those types. Go kill with that Melee Marth in the furry costume.

Reflex ***** everyone. Even the people he didn't fight. He's just that good.
Thanks man. New melee marth in furry costume ftw. And yeah i'm definetly goin to more tourneys after this.

I have an explanation for how reflex ***** everyone. Its quite simple. When wario does the butt taunt, and reflex imitates it at the same time, the game is over. Reflex wins. When he does that, there's nothing left for the opponent to do.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Stupid Saturday practice marching band practice, we only have 1 Saturday practice and it just so happened to land on this day!

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Just got home from post-tournament drinking with Eric & Co (celebrating Kelly's 21st).
Will post shout outs when I wake up.
Reflex is a beast.
I beat his Wario in a friendly once. Hurr.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
nice to hear that reflex is actually using wario now.. LOL @ the butt taunts and :'( @ missing the tourny

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Don't miss again!
There was a lack of MKs lol
RAWR! Wana do some wifi? Its better than no brawl at all. If so AIM me im usually here since at this age, what can u do :(

Btw, where are the doubles results? Or was this tourny only for singles?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
RAWR! Wana do some wifi? Its better than no brawl at all. If so AIM me im usually here since at this age, what can u do :(

Btw, where are the doubles results? Or was this tourny only for singles?
With only 13 people, doubles would be impossible unless they paid us to do it. <.<

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I'm going to try and make Impact. Trapt and I might be going together.
Dyno, sure! I left my wii-mote over my friends house Friday, and I need to go get it though.

Viet, how are the videos coming along?
I haven't even extracted all of them. It'll take by the end of the week for me to upload all of them.

So I'll omit some of mine, and try to put up all the others.

Too bad Desu vs FM cut off because the DVD ran out of room. =(

Saltix

Smash Lord
I haven't even extracted all of them. It'll take by the end of the week for me to upload all of them.

So I'll omit some of mine, and try to put up all the others.

Too bad Desu vs FM cut off because the DVD ran out of room. =(
Aww.
Did I have any footage? I think our friendly match pre-tourney was recorded

Saltix

Smash Lord
Octix so i'll see you every wednesday at waba?! :D
Probably. No ride/no job/non supportive of gaming mother=slim chance.

Buut. It;s like an hour walk, $5 isn't hard to come by, and she's lenient at times=good chance.

:D

GSXR!

Smash Rookie
Yo octix want my number? If im ever heading up to waba and you wanna come i can give you a ride. Especially since we live so close together.

BTW this is tim from yesterday, i was your first match in the tourny.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
Probably. No ride/no job/non supportive of gaming mother=slim chance.

Buut. It;s like an hour walk, $5 isn't hard to come by, and she's lenient at times=good chance.

:D

Yo octix want my number? If im ever heading up to waba and you wanna come i can give you a ride. Especially since we live so close together.

OH dude you must've gotten ultra beasted. His lucario is too good.

Octix if you're running short come in anyway, i' normally pay off alot of brawlers. In a couple of weeks i can give out rides too. So yeah. Tim you're getting better, you're excited for the next tourney?

@VietG - any of them already uploaded, i went to look at them earlier and saw none special added :[

Saltix

Smash Lord

Octix if you're running short come in anyway, i' normally pay off alot of brawlers. In a couple of weeks i can give out rides too. So yeah. Tim you're getting better, you're excited for the next tourney?

@VietG - any of them already uploaded, i went to look at them earlier and saw none special added :[
Sweet. Both of you PM me and we'll exchange numbers. The wednesday training day things will really help out everyone. It's a grand idea :D

GSXR!

Smash Rookie

Worse than you could imagine. haha it was bad.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
lol

i never got around to playing you, tim, but i wish i did. see you next month hopefully. oh and btw welcome to the forums :D.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
-snip-

Starting OCT. 1st WABA will have a weekly Smash League every Wed. $5 entrance to play Melee and/or Brawl from 2pm to midnight. Waba will hold mini tournaments if we have enough people on Smash League Wed. Come practice, train, play friendlies, and have fun with other Smashers. Yes, Waba will still hold monthlies on third Sat. & Sun. of each month. More Smash, more fun, more thumb blisters...yeah! Come Smash with us!:laugh:
Everyone needs to come to these.
If you live within 30 minutes of WABA, you have NO EXCUSE to miss Smash League.
Since I live 25 minutes away, I intend to go to these myself, of course. :p

--

Brief shout outs:

Kismet2 - Toughest sets I played all day. Tougher than Reflex, honestly. You got a lot better. Props. Had to tough it out through loser's bracket because of you. ;P

Reflex - Well, you got me again. Yet again, I learned a lot from playing you. I actually managed to grab you a few times. I'll try to be more consistent the next time we play. ;P

Octix - Good matches, man. I think that I'll try Dedede the next time someone takes me to NoFair. Bowser hasn't been working out, lately. XD

Lounis - Our sets are always close. Good stuff. I hate Friggin Orphan. Stop taking me there. XP

Fullmetal - You need to play brawl more... :p

BigLøu

Smash Lord
o just got online. Wanted to say i had a great time at the tourney. :). I had sum tough games though. i had to play full metal, vietg, reflex then desu in that order. But still i had a great time. Hope to see every1 mext month :)

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno

parent johns, weekday johns, starts at 2 i get off school at 4 ish johns.. uh.. i cant think of any more atm but ill get to it..

Octix - Good matches, man. I think that I'll try Dedede the next time someone takes me to NoFair. Bowser hasn't been working out, lately. XD

nofair? who the **** stole my counterpick!?!? why i auta.. >_<

Saltix

Smash Lord

parent johns, weekday johns, starts at 2 i get off school at 4 ish johns.. uh.. i cant think of any more atm but ill get to it..

Octix - Good matches, man. I think that I'll try Dedede the next time someone takes me to NoFair. Bowser hasn't been working out, lately. XD[\QUOTE]

nofair? who the **** stole my counterpick!?!? why i auta.. >_<
lol thank you Dyno. I <3 you too. :3

Desu. Money Johns :p
I've got rides now, and Antic said he can take care of it, but i'm eventually gonna owe him my wii or something lol.

I need a job.

Saltix

Smash Lord

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Why does this traning day have to be on wed. Is it a posibilaty to change it to friday? i believe it would receive a greater turnout on a weekend rather than in the middle of the week.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Why does this traning day have to be on wed. Is it a posibilaty to change it to friday? i believe it would receive a greater turnout on a weekend rather than in the middle of the week.
agreed.

wednesday isnt available for me, school johns. friday gets rid of all school johns.

Saltix

Smash Lord
agreed.

wednesday isnt available for me, school johns. friday gets rid of all school johns.
It seems as if the younger contenders at waba wont be able to make these :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom