• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waba Game presents: [There is a new thread, check last post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saltix

Smash Lord
I'd really like to, but I may not attend in October. I don't work and you guys made sure I didnt win any money lol. Next month I need:

Impact Clash money
Waba money
Fable 2 money
Homecoming money

Fable 2 and HC are a must. But we'll see. I'd like to come back out, but for the sake of getting better, I might take next month off.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
oh and viet i forgot to say, no stage johns >_< corneria, norfair keep bannin em and johnin i got a more and more and more :D

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Fable 2 and HC are a must. But we'll see. I'd like to come back out, but for the sake of getting better, I might take next month off.
Eh, going to a tournament gets you better a lot quicker. It emphasizes your weaknesses and bad habits by letting you see yourself getting punished by your foe for such, and you're also immersed by several playstyles and characters, allowing you to see the current metagame at its near fullest just by hanging out somewhere for 10 or so hours.

But it costs money, and I'm not made of money either.

oh and viet i forgot to say, no stage johns >_< corneria, norfair keep bannin em and johnin i got a more and more and more :D
Sorry Dynomite, but I'm going to john. Lylat and Corneria are MK stages. Brawl and Sakurai have something against Vietnamese people with all the tripping and Kirby character ****, k thanks.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Eh, going to a tournament gets you better a lot quicker. It emphasizes your weaknesses and bad habits by letting you see yourself getting punished by your foe for such, and you're also immersed by several playstyles and characters, allowing you to see the current metagame at its near fullest just by hanging out somewhere for 10 or so hours.

But it costs money, and I'm not made of money either.
You're absolutely right. Wi-fi's not doing it for me anymore unless I fight Azen, and the smashfests I have with my friends are starting to dwindle in frequency. I got some tips today that I need to work on my off-stage/ledge recovery, and then I'd have a well rounded game.

Hopefully I can get a job by then or something :/

Daysoo

Smash Ace
ATTENTION: Min might be down for having a BONUS TOURNAMENT for brawl next weekend, if there's enough interest.
If you'd like this to happen, please post so we know what kind of turnout we'd be looking at.
Also post if you'd be interested in brawl weeklies, with a smaller pot fee.
These would probably happen on Wednesdays.

That said, good games to all! I had a lot of fun, hope the rest of you did as well.
Here are my Honorable Mentions, because I'm too tired for full shout outs right now:

--

BigLu - Mindgames. You got a lot better. The first set was way too close. Last stock at death percents every time. Had to completely rethink my strategy for the set in grands. Props, man. You deserve 'em.

FullMetal - Best team in GA. Nuff said. BUT U N33D TO LERN 2 KIL LUIGEEZ. SCRUB. jkjkjklololol <3

Octix - I liked your Lucario man, it was good stuff. Don't run Falco against me. :p

Dynomite & Diablo - Thirsty Metaknight was one of the funniest things I saw all night. Very original. XD

Everyone else - I didn't forget you, I just need to go pass out now. 4am johns. Big love, come to the bonus tourney! <3

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
ATTENTION: Min might be down for having a BONUS TOURNAMENT for brawl next weekend, if there's enough interest.
If you'd like this to happen, please post so we know what kind of turnout we'd be looking at.

That said, good games to all! I had a lot of fun, hope the rest of you did as well.
Here are my Honorable Mentions, because I'm too tired for full shout outs right now:

--

BigLu - Mindgames. You got a lot better. The first set was way too close. Last stock at death percents every time. Had to completely rethink my strategy for the set in grands. Props, man. You deserve 'em.

FullMetal - Best team in GA. Nuff said. BUT U N33D TO LERN 2 KIL LUIGEEZ. SCRUB. jkjkjklololol <3

Octix - I liked your Lucario man, it was good stuff. Don't run Falco against me. :p

Dynomite & Diablo - Thirsty Metaknight was one of the funniest things I saw all night. Very original. XD

Everyone else - I didn't forget you, I just need to go pass out now. 4am johns. Big love, come to the bonus tourney! <3

I'm of course down for a bonus tourney-

Also:
Lou is hax. OMG LIEK LUIGI IS SO BROKEN HE WON'T DIE AND ****.

I want my jump back. :(

Good ****, Lou! ^_^

Player-1

Smash Legend
Stupid time issues...if only singles were first...

Oh well, i win impact clash instead =p. Depending on times, i'd attend the bonus tournament.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
The bonus tourney might have a slightly larger turn-out, but I can't go I'm afraid. I'd love to hear the results though. Probably the few who went to AWA would show up to the bonus.

Also, I'm asking for characters used for the Character Rankings Thread again for top 8 placements. Do help out to point out who you used more than once in the tourney (meaning no random characters used for lulz/on the whim):

So far, I think it's:

1. Desu (King Dedede) ($147)
2. BigLu (Luigi/Falco) ($42)
3. Full Metal (Marth) ($21)
4. Dynomite (Meta Knight/Marth)
5. VietGeek (Marth/Toon Link)
5. Galaxy (Meta Knight)
7. Xio (Toon Link)
7. Antic (Kirby/ROB)

PB&J

Smash Hero
congrats to desu and fullmetal ****** another brawl tourny..u guys are beast...i wish i had a steady brawl partner but everyone hates brawl these days...ill try to make the bonus tournyu u guys are talking about next week.....off to awa

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
oh i used marth agnest chris and samus agenst chris round2 and marth agenst fmtl 2 rounds might wana put that in there viet :D

Saltix

Smash Lord
I am DEFINITELY down for a bonus next week and weeklies. I asked Min about a bonus and he told me no lol.

If we make this happen, I'll start looking for a job ASAP. Also it'll save me some trouble. I was going to try and get my school to get a game club, and from there have them start hosting tourneys.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
oh i used marth agnest chris and samus agenst chris round2 and marth agenst fmtl 2 rounds might wana put that in there viet :D
So I'll put Marth...unless you used Samus more than once. <_<

I took a peek at you doing Marth dittos against Full Metal. Bad idea.

Saltix

Smash Lord

I wish I had the chance to do some Marth dittos with either you, Dyno, or Full Metal.
But playing FM showed me ALOT of what I need to work on.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I am DEFINITELY down for a bonus next week and weeklies. I asked Min about a bonus and he told me no lol.

If we make this happen, I'll start looking for a job ASAP. Also it'll save me some trouble. I was going to try and get my school to get a game club, and from there have them start hosting tourneys.
me and some people at my school have already started to get signitures and stuff to start a video game clud and i asked waba if they would sponsor tournaments with prizes and stuff and they said that they might. :D so if we start, smashboards might be invited if we dont get enough enough people from our school to come..

i think i did alright considering he is like best marth in GA and all..

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
story of awa in a nutshell
"i was rapin this guy then he got 3 smashballs and i lost"
moment of silence to those dominated by smash balls
elliot
pbj
reflex
that one kirby player bruce

also mad props to peru pro wario man
1.peru($400?)
2.pbj($200?)
3.tong($20 lol)
eliminated first round: elliot LOL

Saltix

Smash Lord
me and some people at my school have already started to get signitures and stuff to start a video game clud and i asked waba if they would sponsor tournaments with prizes and stuff and they said that they might. :D so if we start, smashboards might be invited if we dont get enough enough people from our school to come..

i think i did alright considering he is like best marth in GA and all..
Nice. I'm still going to try and get it started at my school though. 2 things:

1-Anyone notice the lack of Snakes at Waba? O.o
2-Who's the best Lucario/Falco around? I'd love to have a title like that :3

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
story of awa in a nutshell
"i was rapin this guy then he got 3 smashballs and i lost"
moment of silence to those dominated by smash balls
elliot
pbj
reflex
that one kirby player bruce

also mad props to peru pro wario man
1.peru($400?)
2.pbj($200?)
3.tong($20 lol)
eliminated first round: elliot LOL
LOL God****it I love you tong

Nice. I'm still going to try and get it started at my school though. 2 things:

1-Anyone notice the lack of Snakes at Waba? O.o
2-Who's the best Lucario/Falco around? I'd love to have a title like that :3
1- A lack of Snakes is only a good thing
2- These "titles" tend to come by reputation, its not really something you get "awarded" or whatnot. =) But your Lucario is the best I've seen in GA to-date.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Wow fun tourney, got to talk to and meet a lot of people. Shoutous..

Desu-man...lol. First set was epic, final game of the set cose percentages, then u pulled it off.Grand finals u had me figured out, which i need to work on tryin to trick u more. Fun melee games btw, me forgetin to jab u out of sleep...lol.

Fullmetal- Good set we had, i feel like u would have goten me the third game but ur jump just didnt feel like workin xD. Always a pleasure playin.

Vietgeek-Fun freindlies, u have a really good marth, made it tough for me to approach sumtimes. (also for the tourney rankings i had to use falco one game only otherwise i was gonna be infinited :( )

Antic- man chillin with u was fun last night. Ur a cool funny guy and ur monmey match with dyno cracked me up lol. Fun melee games bw.

Soft-I feel like if i play melee with u more i can hopefully get near ur skill. U taught me sum cool stuff though and ima work on it. Thnx and good freinlies in melee (we played like, 3 hours straight lol)

Xio-saw ur tl, very impressed. Good melee freinlies too xD. Btw u looked pimpin in my hat xD.

Any1 else who i missed or played, ggs to all!

VietGeek

Smash Hero
So does anyone know what Antic used? I have a set against Full Metal with him as Kirby then ROB...was that it?

Oh, and OcTIx, I almost forgot your Lucario. You should just get better with him rather than pick up Marth. Work with what you have. ^_^

BigLu, your Luigi doesn't need to approach. The simple presence of him already brings fear onto my mind. Ridiculous Luigi that can combo, but cannot be combo'd, and refuses to die. Too good.

Saltix

Smash Lord
So does anyone know what Antic used? I have a set against Full Metal with him as Kirby then ROB...was that it?

Oh, and OcTIx, I almost forgot your Lucario. You should just get better with him rather than pick up Marth. Work with what you have. ^_^

BigLu, your Luigi doesn't need to approach. The simple presence of him already brings fear onto my mind. Ridiculous Luigi that can combo, but cannot be combo'd, and refuses to die. Too good.
Ah thanks. Marth is just too good though :)

I believe I saw him play as DDD one match, but I'm not positive.

Saltix

Smash Lord
LOL God****it I love you tong

1- A lack of Snakes is only a good thing
2- These "titles" tend to come by reputation, its not really something you get "awarded" or whatnot. =) But your Lucario is the best I've seen in GA to-date.
I just noticed Tong got $20 :O

Thank you, that's good to hear :]
I understand what you mean, and I know I have a lot of work to do if I wanted to become well known across the state.

BigLøu

Smash Lord

lol luigi is hax but no one knows it ( ithink full metal is on to me though...). he cant die no matter what. Also antic did use ddd a couple of times.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to motivate some Clemson smashers to make it. Waba's always been my curse (out of like 12 tournaments waba tournaments are the only ones I don't get top 3 in) but hopefully I can turn that around on a bonus tournament.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
antic used everyone agenst me in moneymatches.. kirby,rob, snake, ddd, ike i dont remember who else.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
antic used everyone agenst me in moneymatches.. kirby,rob, snake, ddd, ike i dont remember who else.
You did moneymatches? <_<

Yet you wouldn't do them against me? Fail.

Next time...I wanna do a rematch for MK vs. Marth.

Saltix

Smash Lord
I'll MM someone.
I was going to do 2v2 MMs with Antic, but my friends kept ******** about leaving.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
man.....have i got stories from AWA

to be shared later!

tong has already shared my saddest story, but it's ok becaue pb&j killed everybody until fighting wario man in finals

in other news, i haven't played a real brawl tournament in like freaking forever, so a bonus one next weekend would be cakes and babies

ALSO: Money matches
brawl, selective melee (i suck at that), 64, GGAC, MB:AC, real life - i wanna play video games for $!

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
i hate marths! **** you Dyno takin my monies. -shakes fist- i have like four other characters i could try out against you if we do that bonus tourney.

I need to stick with a character VietG, the problem is i see so many high points with each character i can never decide. I've only used rob twice or so, so don't think i main him. I just used him for a ~CPU~-esque match.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
octix diablo and i would have 2v2 moneymatched u. :D
u dont like marth antic? i could use mk if u want me to ;) took ur whole 6$ RAWR!

PB&J

Smash Hero
wario man is top tier .....smashballs suck..items are okay....the rave party let evryone get loose .....octopus man is slow but beast and kirby's final smash is horrific....besides that the tourny was fun ...playing melee was the best and getting my ice climber plushie mad me happy.....tong is too funny when drunk

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
If you didnt go to AWA, then you suck. Big sweaty balls!!! That **** was tooooooooo gooooooooddddd, If I had known there would be a party I would have stayed. If you guys think Im funny when Im sober, wait til Ive had some liquid courage >_>

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion

He only used Kirby then ROB against me, and that was in brackets.

I'll MM someone.
I was going to do 2v2 MMs with Antic, but my friends kept ******** about leaving.
Wanna MM me and Desu in teams?
=D

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
:O
We'll see what Antic or my other Teams partner has to say about that.
You two are ferocious >__>
so u and antic are teaming in october? Diablo and i will see u there. oh and fullmetal stop trying to take money from youngsters >_< u should be ashamed of urself... <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom