• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waba Game presents: [There is a new thread, check last post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace_201

Smash Apprentice
then come to waba and pwn me..

and octix, i still didnt get a yes or no from u for our crew match :) lol im thinkin 4 people crew from your school vs mine

I already told you. It's GPC vs. Your Crew. I'm not taking no for answer.

I'm going to AWA.
Well that's because you're Reflex. And since none of us are going anyways, you're instantly making tons of money without even having to try. If you weren't going, I'd go just to get all the money. Have fun destroying the scrubs. You'll be good playing Pokemon Trainer. Don't even need Wario for this one.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
AWA's ruleset involves items + most (if not all) stages- meaning it'll be similar if not EXACTLY like Evo.

So uhmmmm
Go to Waba, it costs less, you'll hate life less after playing your matches, and you won't wait an hour to be scrubbed out by some ROB who gets final smashes.
:laugh:

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
AWA's ruleset involves items + most (if not all) stages- meaning it'll be similar if not EXACTLY like Evo.

So uhmmmm
Go to Waba, it costs less, you'll hate life less after playing your matches, and you won't wait an hour to be scrubbed out by some ROB who gets final smashes.
Sunday yeah. Saturday Im going because I like AWA @_@, I just may happen to beat up some anime noobs along the way >: D

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno

So uhmmmm
who invited CPU.. dsmash ddodge d smash d dodge.. GG > spam
so ull be going to waba fmtl? no awa, or ur gona team at awa then come to waba on sat.

oh, and ace ur practicing just for me? :D that makes me feel special, ide be practicing for desu or everlasting but w/e u can practice to take me out... a kid who alwase gets 0-2... 1/2-2 if he is lucky...

ace_201

Smash Apprentice
who invited CPU.. dsmash ddodge d smash d dodge.. GG > spam
so ull be going to waba fmtl? no awa, or ur gona team at awa then come to waba on sat.

oh, and ace ur practicing just for me? :D that makes me feel special, ide be practicing for desu or everlasting but w/e u can practice to take me out... a kid who alwase gets 0-2... 1/2-2 if he is lucky...

Heh, not just for you. The timing for Metaknight and Marth is almost identical. Hence, I'm double prepared for you, any Metaknights, and most importantly, Fullmetal. DeDeDe's timing is not a problem because he's big and fat.

Saltix

Smash Lord
then come to waba and pwn me..

and octix, i still didnt get a yes or no from u for our crew match :) lol im thinkin 4 people crew from your school vs mine
Alrighty.
Ill talk to my group and weed out the best of the best :)

Ok, so what time does 2v2 start? I usually only go 1v1

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Alrighty.
Ill talk to my group and weed out the best of the best :)

Ok, so what time does 2v2 start? I usually only go 1v1
teams start at 5:45 but b there so we can pull this crew match together ;) what are the rules? full metal if u can help me out with this it will be greatly apriciated :D

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Crew battles work like this:

5v5 or 10v10 are the most standard rules
With each player having the standard # of stock.

So, for a 5 on 5 crew battle, it'd be 15 stock vs. 15 stock.
Each crew writes down their player's tags and the character which they will use in the crew battle. (You do this in secret from the other crew)
Then, you select a crew member to start your lineup. (Also in secret, on the paper)

When both crews have done this, you each hand each other the piece of paper, and the first two players fight.
When one is defeated, the winner plays the next person the (currently) losing crew sends out, keeping however many stocks he had left over.
(Example: I play Desu and defeat him with 2 stocks left- I start the next match with 2 stocks)

The crew sending in a new player has the option to counterpick stage, but if they do the player who won the previous match is allowed to change character.

This continues until a winning crew has been decided.

If you're not clear on anything, just ask- I'd be more than happy to explain in greater detail.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
oh, didnt mean like that. i know how a crew match works i was just askin like if there were any special counterpick rules or anything like only neutrals counterpicking or if they can swap chars before the match begins. tysm :D

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Just wondering...

I have a to do a fundraiser w/ raffle tickets giving you cash prizes of $1000/$500/$250 (don't remember last one correctly) for my high school's Orchestra program. I kinda have to do it (who knew a bunch of wooden instruments would cost so ****ing much), but I don't get out much due to time constraints (which is why I love coming here every month).

I was wondering if Waba's manager would allow me to sell them?

Apparently the school has been doing this for a long time, and they even got a sheriff to approve its legality. They're $5 dollars each and you can buy multiples, or whatever (I just need at least 10 sold, but a few more are available?). If you win you get called via phone to pick up your prize. Or if you're out of state/lazy, the cash prize will be mailed to you...

Also, if you're under 18, the prize will be given to your guardian(s).

Yeah...err assuming I can do my fund raising whilst at Waba, anyone want to buy any? I want to know if anyone actually gives a crap about winning off of raffles before I even bother to carry any with me.

If it's not allowed/no one cares, then okay. Let's just play some Barlw and Roy dittos, ya?

Why the hell am I asking this? Oh wait, I don't like carrying fodder junk with me.

See everyone there. ^^

ace_201

Smash Apprentice
This is tomorrow. Get hyped. Over Brawl. LoL.

On a side note, anyone know of teams results from AWA?

BigLøu

Smash Lord
This is tomorrow. Get hyped. Over Brawl. LoL.

On a side note, anyone know of teams results from AWA?
1st place-Reflex and kismet2(wario and falco)
2nd place-BigLou and icedragon(luigi and zelda)
the rest of the round robin for the final 5 teams were kinda screwy so i dont know the placings after that.

ace_201

Smash Apprentice
1st place-Reflex and kismet2(wario and falco)
2nd place-BigLou and icedragon(luigi and zelda)
the rest of the round robin for the final 5 teams were kinda screwy so i dont know the placings after that.
How much money did 1st and 2nd win? I hope they got a lot.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
How much money did 1st and 2nd win? I hope they got a lot.
Me and icedragon only got like 65 dollars a piece which is werid considerin the number of teams that entered. Pot ownage i guess.
I think reflex and kismet2 got like around 130 dollars each. They should have gotten more too.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
this is pb&j--awa teams with items is the dumbest idea ever...me and elliot had four stocks to some flco's 1 stock and he got a landmaster and two bumber and he won...singles today are going to be so random but if u win its alot of money..i say they will have 150 entrants or more ..items suck..no smash balls suck by the way

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
i wouldn't even be so angry about it if they just made it BEST OF THREE

it's BEST OF ONE - SINGLE ELIM - ITEMS ON

think about it for a little bit.....=(

BigLøu

Smash Lord
this is pb&j--awa teams with items is the dumbest idea ever...me and elliot had four stocks to some flco's 1 stock and he got a landmaster and two bumber and he won...singles today are going to be so random but if u win its alot of money..i say they will have 150 entrants or more ..items suck..no smash balls suck by the way
Items do suck terribly. I remember watchin ur match too. Proves once again why items are pure luck.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Screw AWA talk about Waba. I think the turnout was pretty low :/

Shoutouts to Desu, Fullmetal, Antic, VietG, and Dynomite! Good matches all of you. :)
Dyno, sorry we never had our crew match

Who won the 1v1 tourney?

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Waba's Brawl Singles Results 9/20/08

1. Desu ($147)
2. BigLu ($42)
3. Full Metal ($21)
4. Dynomite
5. VietGeek
5. Galaxy
7. Xio
7. Antic
9. BAKA
9. Diablo
9. Gear
9. CO2
13. Blynd
13. Steven
13. KingK
13. Timmy
17. Chris
17. Even
17. OXY
17. Alex
17. Justin

Waba's Brawl Teams Results

1. Full Metal & Desu ($98)
2. Diablo & Dynomite ($28)
3. Tim Tyler & Alex Johansen ($14)
4. Justin & Josh
5. KingK & Gear
5. Michael Parker & Jamaal Ford
7. Will & Kirby

Good times @ Waba...next month will be EPIC...Monthly Brawl & Melee, Soul Calibur 4 Tourney, The Best Halloween Party in GA and more @ Waba Yall!!! thank you for all your support and keep on playing!

Saltix

Smash Lord
Waba's Brawl Singles Results 9/20/08

1. Desu ($147)
2. BigLu ($42)
3. Full Metal ($21)
4. Dynomite
5. VietGeek
5. Galaxy
7. Xio
7. Antic
9. BAKA
9. Diablo
9. Gear
9. CO2
13. Blynd
13. Steven
13. KingK
13. Timmy
17. Chris
17. Even
17. OXY
17. Alex
17. Justin

Waba's Brawl Teams Results

1. Full Metal & Desu ($98)
2. Diablo & Dynomite ($28)
3. Tim Tyler & Alex Johansen ($14)
4. Justin & Josh
5. KingK & Gear
5. Michael Parker & Jamaal Ford
7. Will & Kirby

Good times @ Waba...next month will be EPIC...Monthly Brawl & Melee, Soul Calibur 4 Tourney, The Best Halloween Party in GA and more @ Waba Yall!!! thank you for all your support and keep on playing!
Co2 ftw!

9th out of 21 and 5th out 7 isn't SO bad.
SC4 tourney next month? I'm going to tell my friends. What system?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
REALLY fun this waba, diablo and i came in 2nd ownage :D
SHOUTOUTS-
Desu+fullmetal- u guys are awsome at teams hope some day me and diablo can pull off some amazing **** like u guys.. GGs
Octix- norfair is angry with me :( really REALLY close match GG :'( at not being able to do the crew match :( was lookin forward to it
VietG- cant belive i beat u.. wow, ur like awsome agenst mk's and u love mk soo much =0
Fullmetal- u destroyed my mk, marth ditto was fun but in the end u got me ;) Great match.
Xio- ur tink has REALLY improved from the last time i saw u.. wow Great match & u took out like 3 of my buddies that came to this ;) lol
Baka- good games, idk what happoned to u the first match with D3 but others were good.. :D
forgot ur name but awesome money matches got me some tacos with that ;)
IF i missed any 1 sorry GG lookin forward to the next one

Saltix

Smash Lord
REALLY fun this waba, diablo and i came in 2nd ownage :D
SHOUTOUTS-
Desu+fullmetal- u guys are awsome at teams hope some day me and diablo can pull off some amazing **** like u guys.. GGs
Octix- norfair is angry with me :( really REALLY close match GG :'( at not being able to do the crew match :( was lookin forward to it
VietG- cant belive i beat u.. wow, ur like awsome agenst mk's and u love mk soo much =0
Fullmetal- u destroyed my mk, marth ditto was fun but in the end u got me ;) Great match.
Xio- ur tink has REALLY improved from the last time i saw u.. wow Great match & u took out like 3 of my buddies that came to this ;) lol
Baka- good games, idk what happoned to u the first match with D3 but others were good.. :D
forgot ur name but awesome money matches got me some tacos with that ;)
IF i missed any 1 sorry GG lookin forward to the next one
Yeah man. Norfail. I got lucky. Good Game though. Crew match next month?
*learns MK and Marth in the meantime*

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Shout outs:

Desu - Your penguin is fat. He refuses to die and chaingrabs me for win. At least I wasn't on Yoshi's Island (Brawl) this time. Your Wii is a time machine. Hax.

BigLu - You ***** me so hard in friendlies. The only redeeming factor was that I juggled trapped you to death, but imo, you were sandbagging. Good job on doing combos in a comboless game and your second place finish.

Dynomite - Didn't you always get dead last before using MK...? <___< I'm banning Corneria next time, kk.

Xio - for a guy that doesn't have Brawl, you did really well. I hope to see your Toon Link improve further. Your Game and Watch is pretty good.

Galaxy - Ha, don't you have it hard as a MK main? But nonetheless, stick to who you're best with, don't give in to our johning and try to play Yoshi. Also, try to roll less.

Gear - Kirby annoys me. You used Kirby. I camped you. ^^

Timmy - Good stuff with Pikachu. I swear I didn't mod my Wii when I was camping with Marth.

Co2 - Don't steal my hair. k, thanks.

Diablo - We never had our Roy ditto. Lame~

BAKA - Your Wii GCN controller is shiny...

Will - Your Game and Watch is rigged.

Ugh, when will I ever move up to at least 4th place? Well...if Dynomite used MK to move from 4th to dead last...

Hmm...

Also, I'll be trying to upload tournament videos and friendlies throughout the week. If you want yourself on Youtube specifically. Feel free to PM me since I won't be putting every single battle I have up.

Also OcTIx, turn out is pretty standard. August was an exception (but I wasn't there). It's usually around this much for Barlw.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Shout outs:

Desu - Your penguin is fat. He refuses to die and chaingrabs me for win. At least I wasn't on Yoshi's Island (Brawl) this time. Your Wii is a time machine. Hax.

BigLu - You ***** me so hard in friendlies. The only redeeming factor was that I juggled trapped you to death, but imo, you were sandbagging. Good job on doing combos in a comboless game and your second place finish.

Dynomite - Didn't you always get dead last before using MK...? <___< I'm banning Corneria next time, kk.

Xio - for a guy that doesn't have Brawl, you did really well. I hope to see your Toon Link improve further. Your Game and Watch is pretty good.

Galaxy - Ha, don't you have it hard as a MK main? But nonetheless, stick to who you're best with, don't give in to our johning and try to play Yoshi. Also, try to roll less.

Gear - Kirby annoys me. You used Kirby. I camped you. ^^

Timmy - Good stuff with Pikachu. I swear I didn't mod my Wii when I was camping with Marth.

Co2 - Don't steal my hair. k, thanks.

Diablo - We never had our Roy ditto. Lame~

BAKA - Your Wii GCN controller is shiny...

Will - Your Game and Watch is rigged.

Ugh, when will I ever move up to at least 4th place? Well...if Dynomite used MK to move from 4th to dead last...

Hmm...

Also, I'll be trying to upload tournament videos and friendlies throughout the week. If you want yourself on Youtube specifically. Feel free to PM me since I won't be putting every single battle I have up.

Also OcTIx, turn out is pretty standard. August was an exception (but I wasn't there). It's usually around this much for Barlw.
Don't steal your hair? lol
Anyone know why August had such an amazing turnout?
and btw, did you get any brawls with me in them (Co2/Mika)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Don't steal your hair? lol
Anyone know why August had such an amazing turnout?
and btw, did you get any brawls with me in them (Co2/Mika)
Didn't you play Kirby against me once?

Anyway not sure. Haven't gone over the DVD yet. I do know I never used my own set-up this time. =(

Saltix

Smash Lord
Didn't you play Kirby against me once?

Anyway not sure. Haven't gone over the DVD yet. I do know I never used my own set-up this time. =(
Nope. Im Lucario/Falco. SOMEONE WAS ON MY NAME :O

Was it on the same TV the whole time? If so, I doubt i got any footage of myself.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i thinkaug had a better turnout cuz school started and some people went off to college and stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom