• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waba Game presents: [There is a new thread, check last post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
^ I'm so pissed. There's actually going to be people at this melee Waba, and I have work during the day. 3pm-11pm instead of my normal 10pm-6am.

SO ****ing lame

VietGeek

Smash Hero
NO! f*ck the new rules :(
YES exactly...not to be mean but i dont like viets new rules. F*CK YOU VIET!!! (<3)
If your favorite counterpicks were still legal on the new ruleset I doubt you'd hate the new rules lol.

Because as I see it, that's the only reason you two resist this ruleset.

Which can be arranged since Desu and whoever looks over the rules with him always tweak a few things here and there so stages like Corneria and Green Greens may be reinstated.

I don't know about Norfair or Pirate Ship though. I don't really care for Pirate Ship either lol.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Hello all, I'm a smasher from the North Florida Region. I'm interested in the tournament scene from Georgia since it's not to far away. There is a major Tourney here in Tallahassee on Dec 6th if you all would like to come. I'll return with a link to the tread soon... Is there anyone here that can let me know about all the big tourney's in the GA?

Hi_Im_Relaxing

Smash Apprentice
r we getting a new ruleset?
cuz i looked at that and said f*** that.
new rules completly destroys all my counterpicks stages
stay wit the old one.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
PS1 = greatest stage ever!!! Windmill = Screw people over but it can be used to Ur advantage :-)
I like PS1 too except the part where it has a huge ceiling and it's gay to fight Snake on this thing lol.

But we have no Snake mains in our state so it must not matter huh? <_<

r we getting a new ruleset?
cuz i looked at that and said f*** that.
new rules completly destroys all my counterpicks stages
stay wit the old one.
You. three. are. hilarious. In a bad way that's apparently why you all (Dyno, KingK, you) hate the ruleset lol.

Also, read my last post, I said you can argue for your CPs back even if we adopt the new ruleset. We don't have to completely stick by the book.

Hi_Im_Relaxing

Smash Apprentice
actually now that i think about it i still have frigate :D
and i guess i can practice the new stages
like if they put some of the old cps in it would be fine
cough jungle japes cough

VietGeek

Smash Hero
actually now that i think about it i still have frigate :D
and i guess i can practice the new stages
like if they put some of the old cps in it would be fine
cough jungle japes cough
*cough*No Jungle Japes is OP for campers lawl*cough*

Hi_Im_Relaxing

Smash Apprentice
cough i dont spam cough
hmmm screw corneria
SCREW nofair
ehhh the ones i want bak are jungle japes and onett
pretty much everything is a dyno or kingk cp

VietGeek

Smash Hero
cough i dont spam cough
hmmm screw corneria
SCREW nofair
ehhh the ones i want bak are jungle japes and onett
pretty much everything is a dyno or kingk cp
o_O

Onett is banned lol. This is no reason for that thing to come back.

Infinite D3 CG/CG to death, Marth, MK, GnW Dtilt lock...

I mean Dtilt lock to Counter against car for 0-death would be amazing...

in a gay way.

Hi_Im_Relaxing

Smash Apprentice
lol viet. only reason i said onett cuz i beat ryans pit on that map.
but we gonna have theses rules saturday?
cuz i dont wanna look like a ****** "ima cp jungle japes" "thats banned" "o......um...well...."

VietGeek

Smash Hero
lol viet. only reason i said onett cuz i beat ryans pit on that map.
but we gonna have theses rules saturday?
cuz i dont wanna look like a ****** "ima cp jungle japes" "thats banned" "o......um...well...."
Nah, Desu has to like get it to have his Seal of Quality on it or something. I'm pretty sure we'll be using the old rules for this month's tourney.

EDIT: WTF @ Onett really being CP. That stage is broken. o_O

KingK_tink

Smash Apprentice
Hello all, I'm a smasher from the North Florida Region. I'm interested in the tournament scene from Georgia since it's not to far away. There is a major Tourney here in Tallahassee on Dec 6th if you all would like to come. I'll return with a link to the tread soon... Is there anyone here that can let me know about all the big tourney's in the GA?
there is a tournament tomorrow :D

I like PS1 too except the part where it has a huge ceiling and it's gay to fight Snake on this thing lol.

But we have no Snake mains in our state so it must not matter huh? <_<

You. three. are. hilarious. In a bad way that's apparently why you all (Dyno, KingK, you) hate the ruleset lol.

Also, read my last post, I said you can argue for your CPs back even if we adopt the new ruleset. We don't have to completely stick by the book.
well, whats the point of sticking to like 5 stages? that BS!
oh and if u hate poke so bad just ban it agenst snakes. not that hard.
*cough*No Jungle Japes is OP for campers lawl*cough*
o_O

Onett is banned lol. This is no reason for that thing to come back.

Infinite D3 CG/CG to death, Marth, MK, GnW Dtilt lock...

I mean Dtilt lock to Counter against car for 0-death would be amazing...

in a gay way.
uh, no u cant infinate unless u get them on that 1 platform where D3 cant even fit on that
and if u get it on the sides the car will come and hit u.

Nah, Desu has to like get it to have his Seal of Quality on it or something. I'm pretty sure we'll be using the old rules for this month's tourney.

EDIT: WTF @ Onett really being CP. That stage is broken. o_O
Why so johnny bout all this. **** .. maybe we should just have pole to see if people want old rules or new rules. makes it easy.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Yes kingK i agree with all that u just said.
poll for new rule set?
also, yes those counter picks are ours but wdf, they had some cruel stages in melee people still counter picked that kind of stuff in melee..

Player-1

Smash Legend
Starter stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter pick stages
Pokemon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Corneria
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion (possibly banned)
Norfair
Rainbow Cruise

Banned stages
(All custom stages)
Yoshi's Island (Pipes) (This is getting closer to CP as it is a CP for MK but still to gay for other chararacters)

Mario Circuit
Pictochat
Onett
Green Greens
Pirate Ship
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Distant Planet
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Pokémon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

This is my personal opinion of the stages

VietGeek

Smash Hero
well, whats the point of sticking to like 5 stages? that BS!
oh and if u hate poke so bad just ban it agenst snakes. not that hard.
Actually we have like 11 stages lol. You're trying to make this look like those stereotypical"tourney***s" that apparently only play on Final Destination in Melee lol.

There's a good number of stages still. I do think some stuff like Corneria, Green Greens, and maybe even Yoshi's Pipes should be put on the CP list, but most of the other stages are pretty awful.

And I like Norfair as a fun stage too by the way. But I don't like it as much as you guys apparently do to fight for it as some sort of 'super awesome' tourney stage. But I digress.

uh, no u cant infinate unless u get them on that 1 platform where D3 cant even fit on that
and if u get it on the sides the car will come and hit u.
Yeah, I forgot about that, but still, that can be a pretty longass chaingrab if a car doesn't try to run him through. Also the gayness of MK/Marth/GnW on this stage still stands.

Why so johnny bout all this. **** .. maybe we should just have pole to see if people want old rules or new rules. makes it easy.
The heck? It's a rule list made so that 'skill overcomes luck as much as possible.' No one said we couldn't change it a little, or that we had to change our rules. Also since no one really plays Barlw here, the poll could be very one-sided.

I just like that the rules make a lot of sense and showed it to you guys to see your opinions. In the end I don't decided if these become our rules or not lol.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I vote we go for the SBR list with some modifications, but Player-1's list is pretty sound.
King k, if you want to lose matches to stage hazards, please do.

Also Luigi's Mansion is a smaller Hyrule Temple.
And that's no good!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
see what u do viet? :( u ruin a perfect eutopia for rules. (well for every 1 thats posted so far)
mansion can be destroyed and is a good map idk why people dont like it many people CP it
jungle japes, how is it bad in brawl but a counterpick in melee. it should be good agenst pits snakes (since u can live if u get up tilted) maybe even mk's so he cant glide under the map if ur edge gaurding.
onet, well i like it agenst campy players
pirate ship, i think even franklin counterpicks that.
mario circut, thats on my 90% should be banned list
Green Greens, might be gimpy at some points but still alright 50 50
Pipes- u just want that cuz u <3 mk soo much.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Hay guys, my nets been down, but in this time, I've made a very important decision.

I am unable to attend tomorrow's tourney for personal reasons, but I have decided that I will be retiring from brawl after the December tourney. I've dedicated too much time and effort to brawl, and it has yielded no results. I've found better things in life :|

On a side note, if/when brawl gets accepted into MLG i'll pick it back up, only if there will be a MLG Atlanta event. I'm unable to travel outside of the state, even for MLG.

Hope to see you all in December, and good luck to all attending tomorrow's tournament!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Hay guys, my nets been down, but in this time, I've made a very important decision.

I am unable to attend tomorrow's tourney for personal reasons, but I have decided that I will be retiring from brawl after the December tourney. I've dedicated too much time and effort to brawl, and it has yielded no results. I've found better things in life :|

On a side note, if/when brawl gets accepted into MLG i'll pick it back up, only if there will be a MLG Atlanta event. I'm unable to travel outside of the state, even for MLG.

Hope to see you all in December, and good luck to all attending tomorrow's tournament!
..... :'( but... ur lucario is good. cant even come for friendlys and stuff?

Awwwww :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Bye Bye Octix, you will be missed :cry:

*changes the subject cuz i dont wana double post* so Alpha u gona teach me some melee stuff right? oh and please can u teach me after the tournament is over? melee screws me over if i play it before brawl..
and money matches as of what im like .5% sure of:

VietG: 1$ (all the crazy rules we agreed to)
Antic: 3$ grand final rules
(maybe depending if i can feel the botom of my shallow pockets or not) FMTL: 1$ ditto marth on marth.

KingK_tink

Smash Apprentice
Actually we have like 11 stages lol. You're trying to make this look like those stereotypical"tourney***s" that apparently only play on Final Destination in Melee lol.

There's a good number of stages still. I do think some stuff like Corneria, Green Greens, and maybe even Yoshi's Pipes should be put on the CP list, but most of the other stages are pretty awful.

And I like Norfair as a fun stage too by the way. But I don't like it as much as you guys apparently do to fight for it as some sort of 'super awesome' tourney stage. But I digress.

Yeah, I forgot about that, but still, that can be a pretty longass chaingrab if a car doesn't try to run him through. Also the gayness of MK/Marth/GnW on this stage still stands.

The heck? It's a rule list made so that 'skill overcomes luck as much as possible.' No one said we couldn't change it a little, or that we had to change our rules. Also since no one really plays Barlw here, the poll could be very one-sided.

I just like that the rules make a lot of sense and showed it to you guys to see your opinions. In the end I don't decided if these become our rules or not lol.
Yah but still you dont wanna take away too many CPs because there will be johns all over the place too.

Also a CRAP load of people want too use norfair (dyno johns all the time about that -_-)

Yah the MK/Marth/GnW crap is gay, but to tell you the truth i really dont for onett but thats the only thing hindering my decision. -_-

I know we can change it i mean its not a bad i dea but ur just goin WAY over board to me keep it simple and progress on from there too see if ppl like it...

i meen its just a suggestion <3:)

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Yah but still you dont wanna take away too many CPs because there will be johns all over the place too.

Also a CRAP load of people want too use norfair (dyno johns all the time about that -_-)
true about the people using norfair part.

Oh and thx for that statement of my double posting kingK i relise that i didnt log out of smashboards at your house.

<3

Player-1

Smash Legend
see what u do viet? :( u ruin a perfect eutopia for rules. (well for every 1 thats posted so far)
mansion can be destroyed and is a good map idk why people dont like it many people CP it
jungle japes, how is it bad in brawl but a counterpick in melee. it should be good agenst pits snakes (since u can live if u get up tilted) maybe even mk's so he cant glide under the map if ur edge gaurding.
onet, well i like it agenst campy players
pirate ship, i think even franklin counterpicks that.
mario circut, thats on my 90% should be banned list
Green Greens, might be gimpy at some points but still alright 50 50
Pipes- u just want that cuz u <3 mk soo much.

Luigi's Mansion just needs to be banned because of MK, pretty ok stage but we don't need any more MK advantages, but there aren't too many MK's in GA so thats why I put it in cp.

Japes =high ceilings, and the water give slight advantages and disadvantages to certain characters, perfect for CP IMO

Pirate Ship is an easy spike kill in the water for anyone with a spike, especially strong spike. I'm assuming DK has an advantage here, cargo into water to dsmash, repeat til dead or you get hit by the boat. Low gravity = G&W godliness, has a wall, and bombs are easy to dodge but kill fairly well . Banned

Mario circuit, cars, walk off edges = instaban

green greens, gimps, low ceilings/narrow walls. bombs. I think the blocks can infinited grabbed.

Pipes, walk off edges, and low ceilings? I know they have those narrow walls. Easy gimp in the middle. Can be used to CP MK so it might be availble as a CP eventually but not too many MK players in GA.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
yall can try the new and improved stage list http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=205140
Desu, you think we could get these seemingly even more amazing rules set up somehow for the next Barlw tourney?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=205140

It's not official, but it's made by several SBR members, and it looks like it has nothing gay on it. o_O

Although it doesn't say MK's IDC is completely banned...

hmm. =(

Ah well, you modified the SBR rules a bit too for Waba, so it shouldn't matter, right?
Someone already suggested it. I already gave it a thumbs-up, as well as Kismet and Desu (you know, the ones that don't need the ridiculous counterpicks~).

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
***** Mode.

Who is ultra pumped for money matches? I am.
I didn't get to play a single match against FMTL's Marth Yesterday. THe one i was going to Alex interrupted like a ***** >:O
since octix isnt comming are u free for doubles?

(KingK doesnt have a partner and he talks about u all the time and how he thinks u and him will be good at doubles, or he is just curious)

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
since octix isnt comming are u free for doubles?

(KingK doesnt have a partner and he talks about u all the time and how he thinks u and him will be good at doubles, or he is just curious)
probs. But we really need to practice alot beforehand.

10probs

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
***** Mode.

Who is ultra pumped for money matches? I am.
I didn't get to play a single match against FMTL's Marth Yesterday. THe one i was going to Alex interrupted like a ***** >:O
probs. But we really need to practice alot beforehand.

10probs
k me and diab need alot of practice too we havnt teamed since last waba :(

GOW2 stole my smash partner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom