• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waba Game presents: [There is a new thread, check last post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi_Im_Relaxing

Smash Apprentice
i second bowser right now... but seriously no need to get into an arguement over this. im not that good any ways lol. but i kinda like not using top or high tier chars cuz when i win a match i feel better that i won with a disadvantage than with an advantage. lol

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
i second bowser right now... but seriously no need to get into an arguement over this. im not that good any ways lol. but i kinda like not using top or high tier chars cuz when i win a match i feel better that i won with a disadvantage than with an advantage. lol
I read that and laughed very very hard. This isnt Dragon Ball Z this is Smash Bros.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Not neccessarily... *points at Reflex* he's placed very well in Melee tournaments, even placing money with... Bowser. O_o So, I see where you're coming from, but it's not entirely impossible to do. :)
I see it like practicing and maining C. Falcon in Brawl. If we want to make GA better we should at least recommend good characters to use. I mean Roy? I'm not very good at Melee but even I know Roy sucks.

I read that and laughed very very hard. This isnt Dragon Ball Z this is Smash Bros.
hahahahaha

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
I see it like practicing and maining C. Falcon in Brawl. If we want to make GA better we should at least recommend good characters to use. I mean Roy? I'm not very good at Melee but even I know Roy sucks.
Play GA Peaches Roy. You can be as good with a character as you want to be. Shred the tier list for now. As you get into higher and higher levels you say why the list is the way it is but until you seriously learn the game keep it out of your view of the metagame.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer

Take THAT Marty!!

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4-nJDAvaNA

Watch the set. Enough said.

Theres a tier list for a reason. If you are going to whine about how GA sucks at melee then don't recommend wasting hours of practice on a low tier character.
Stop being such a scrub for Gods sake. Thats Mew2king. Great example. You are placing a block between yourself and being great. You dont have to play an exceptional character to be an exceptional player.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
GA's not going to get good anytime soon.
GG for not reading anything I posted. This has nothing to do with GA but with players like you Im not suprised GA isnt that respected. You just ***** and John and ***** and John.

"I just started playing why wont I be able to beat veteran players?"
"I cant win Unless I play Fox."
"I dont see the point of trying, I can just play Fox."
"No one in GA is good." <--Really? I can name plenty of people off the top of my head that can wreck you and would then take your money. You have no right to speak not being part of the melee community as well as not being there to support your state. Like I stated before, play brawl then.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
GG for not reading anything I posted. This has nothing to do with GA but with players like you Im not suprised GA isnt that respected. You just ***** and John and ***** and John.

"No one in GA is good." <--Really? I can name plenty of people off the top of my head that can wreck you and would then take your money. You have no right to speak not being part of the melee community as well as not being there to support your state. Like I stated before, play brawl then.

I said that? I know why I can't beat veterans. Because I barely play/practice.

or marth or falco or peach or c. falcon, but I didnt say that either :]

don't recall saying that, but I don't see whats wrong with picking a GOOD character :confused:

"No one in GA is good."

Woahhhh I definitely didn't say that.

Are you on something?

"Like I stated before, play brawl then."

I do. I'm one of the best :] Oh and I use a good character. Go figure

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I'm just going to say this to new comers. You can pick low tiers, waste hours of your life maining them and being "exceptional"(woo!) or main a high tier and play to be the best.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
@Mikey - lol, whatev. roy is good, go die in a fire

@MarsFool! - don't get worked up, man. these fresh off the boat Brawl guys don't know what's up. this is their first competitive game ever(what a bad one to get into first, but whatever...), so the only thing they know is brawl. it's not their fault they're handicapped...

@Noir - lol, funny example you used for my Roy. as good as i may or may not be with Roy, M2K is a much better player than me, so that's the major reason why he won. the matchup is in marth's favor, but there are things roy can do hurt marth pretty bad. however, i'll say again, M2K is much better than me, so he won. it's not a waste to play the character you like in a fighting game, although, to be fair, smash is one of the few games i've seen where the lower tiers are at a gigantic disadvantage. after all, it is a game, and if you aren't enjoying the game, then why even play it? so far as being "one of the best Brawl players" in our state, while that may or may not be true, i can make that claim, and i don't even play anymore. brawl doesn't take very much to be good at, so i wouldn't be so proud about that if i were you. but, that goes back to this being your first competitive game, so i guess you have a lot to learn.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Reflex (Bowser), Iori (Mewtwo), -Chad- (Pikachu), and Chaddd (Ganondorf).
Sup tier lists.
I just listed three of the best Midsouth melee players and their mains.
I listed Georgia's very own Chaddd.
They eat your high tier bull****.
Man up.

PS: I'm coming back to Melee and playing Fox. ~<3

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Sup tier lists.
Man up.

lol?

I thought he quit for brawl

VietGeek

Smash Hero
u callin me handicapped? >_<
In Melee, yes, we (Brawl players) are indeed handicapped.

Whether it be the mentality we're coming in with that we will never be good enough playing a game others have played for seven years, or our mentality on the worth of characters we or others choose to play, any negative mentality we carry can be a burden to us in our strive for improvement (i.e. scrub mentality).

That being said, the former statement of mine can indeed be argued as rather a realist point of view, while the latter can be considered a scrub mentality that limits ones views on the character roster(s) at hand and can prevent that person from meeting their fullest potential.

Anyway, I'm known for making little to no sense, but...why so serious?

Blasted Sakurai said that Smash is a game anyone can play, and play the way they want it to be played (which more or less is true). So you can play to win, or you can play to have fun. Hell, most people do both. It doesn't matter if you win if you feel unsatisfied, for it is a game after all.

Why so serious guys? <_<

VietGeek

Smash Hero
What the heck happened to this thread while I wasn't looking? >_>
TL;DR:

Dynomite, Diablo, and I are thinking of joining into Melee somewhat
Noir suggests to Diablo to play high tier characters, although Diablo plays Roy.
OneJanitor says just play a character one is most comfortable with.
Argument ensues on the necessity to main or second the "elite four" (no, not Pokemon-related) of Melee to win tournaments.
It became a Brawl vs. Melee debate. As usual.

Then VietGeek speaks illogical gibberish and then you show up asking what the **** happened.

So now we're here.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Sup tier lists.
Man up.

m2k (marth, fox), pc (falco), Ken (marth)

I think the players I listed are better. You can say "YA THEY ARE BETTER PLAYERS". I'll say they play to be the best.

Stick with Samus. "Man up"

@Mikey - lol, whatev. roy is good, go die in a fire

@MarsFool! - don't get worked up, man. these fresh off the boat Brawl guys don't know what's up. this is their first competitive game ever(what a bad one to get into first, but whatever...), so the only thing they know is brawl. it's not their fault they're handicapped...

@Noir - lol, funny example you used for my Roy. as good as i may or may not be with Roy, M2K is a much better player than me, so that's the major reason why he won. the matchup is in marth's favor, but there are things roy can do hurt marth pretty bad. however, i'll say again, M2K is much better than me, so he won. it's not a waste to play the character you like in a fighting game, although, to be fair, smash is one of the few games i've seen where the lower tiers are at a gigantic disadvantage. after all, it is a game, and if you aren't enjoying the game, then why even play it? so far as being "one of the best Brawl players" in our state, while that may or may not be true, i can make that claim, and i don't even play anymore. brawl doesn't take very much to be good at, so i wouldn't be so proud about that if i were you. but, that goes back to this being your first competitive game, so i guess you have a lot to learn.
I've played a game more serious than anyone in this thread, so I wouldn't say that this is my first competitive game. Also, I use to play smash with Mike, Tommy and all of them when they weren't anywhere near as good as they are now and out of PB&J, Josh, Desu and all of them I was WAY WAY better than at the time. I just stopped for a while and went back to Starcraft because its that addicting. Just because I'm not good, doesn't mean I'm "new". I am getting better fast though, but probably because I play to be the best. That goes at anything I play, from sports to games.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
m2k (marth, fox), pc (falco), Ken (marth)

I think the players I listed are better. You can say "YA THEY ARE BETTER PLAYERS". I'll say they play to be the best.

Stick with Samus. "Man up"

I've played a game more serious than anyone in this thread, so I wouldn't say that this is my first competitive game. Also, I use to play smash with Mike, Tommy and all of them when they weren't anywhere near as good as they are now and out of PB&J, Josh, Desu and all of them I was WAY WAY better than at the time. I just stopped for a while and went back to Starcraft because its that addicting. Just because I'm not good, doesn't mean I'm "new". I am getting better fast though, but probably because I play to be the best. That goes at anything I play, from sports to games.
Scrub *** attitude=scrub. I beat up Mike tyson when he was a baby, that makes me a great fighter now. Youre a typical Brawl player that believes he knows everything. I dont know everything, Marty Doesnt, Fullemetal,PB&J, Mike G, no one. But as a group we are quite knowledgeable. Youre on the wrong side of a one sided argument. I think you forgot about Chudat who ***** with ICS and Pikachu and Young Link. You forgot Azen who can play every character in the game in Tournament and still place well. A lot of top players play top characters but not all of them. Also it doesnt help since these characters are High Tier people play them more and the characters metagame is infinitely farther ahead than the lower tiers with less people playing them. All it seems youre doing is trolling and trying to keep other people from seeing the whole picture. Last thing you dont play to be the best. You play to see who you can beat. Because if that were the case id be hearing more about your accomplishments and not Afro thundahs or M2k, or Cort ot Inui or even the people in the state you think wont be getting good anytime soon.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Scrub *** attitude=scrub. I beat up Mike tyson when he was a baby, that makes me a great fighter now. Youre a typical Brawl player that believes he knows everything. I dont know everything, Marty Doesnt, Fullemetal,PB&J, Mike G, no one. But as a group we are quite knowledgeable. Youre on the wrong side of a one sided argument. I think you forgot about Chudat who ***** with ICS and Pikachu and Young Link. You forgot Azen who can play every character in the game in Tournament and still place well. A lot of top players play top characters but not all of them. Also it doesnt help since these characters are High Tier people play them more and the characters metagame is infinitely farther ahead than the lower tiers with less people playing them. All it seems youre doing is trolling and trying to keep other people from seeing the whole picture. Last thing you dont play to be the best. You play to see who you can beat. Because if that were the case id be hearing more about your accomplishments and not Afro thundahs or M2k, or Cort ot Inui or even the people in the state you think wont be getting good anytime soon.
Who are you?

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Ill take that as no one. No one in the smash community, no one in the sf community, no one on the basketball court, no one in the starcraft world, and no one at youre high school. :D

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Ill take that as no one. No one in the smash community, no one in the sf community, no one on the basketball court, no one in the starcraft world, and no one at youre high school. :D
Take it as you want ;] I wouldn't take it to sports though. You're nowhere near my athletic skill level, I promise you that.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Take it as you want ;] I wouldn't take it to sports though. You're nowhere near my athletic skill level, I promise you that.
HAHAHAH

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

xDDDDDD

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Man you are funny. I bet my dad could beat up your dad.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
HAHAHAH

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

xDDDDDD

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Man you are funny. I bet my dad could beat up your dad.
At least you agree :]

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
:D

Oh yeah. I bet youre 6'5 220 pounds and a starter on the track team too. **** is there anything you arent good at Superman?

Alpha!
Come to Waba
Please :(

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
:D

Oh yeah. I bet youre 6'5 220 pounds and a starter on the track team too. **** is there anything you arent good at Superman?
Nahh :] I'm 5'10, 135 lbs and when I was in high school starter of varsity soccer team :D I ran track for a season though. 5:20 mile :[

but hey man! If you live next to PB&J, go over to his place and we can play a match in basketball for money. I havent played for a year so you have a chance :D

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Nahh :] I'm 5'10, 135 lbs and when I was in high school starter of varsity soccer team :D I ran track for a season though. 5:20 mile :[

but hey man! If you live next to PB&J, go over to his place and we can play a match in basketball for money. I havent played for a year so you have a chance :D
Wow. I'm 5'7 and 160 pounds. Im pretty sure im stronger than you. I was a starter on track my 400 time was 49.6

Basketball what am I black

xD

Alpha is too good xDDDDDDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom