• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waba Game presents: [There is a new thread, check last post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daysoo

Smash Ace

Dont be mad cause i steal your life by pressing buttons.

you need to learn to get yo 1 grab, NYUKKA.

*edit*How is that better? Because i play a lower tiered character and press buttons like a crack addict?!? >.>
I can get the grab now, but that's beside the point. <_<
Just need to learn to FRC it and combo off of it, now. ;~;

Edit: Also, someone give Reflex a ride to this.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
You don't have to believe me. :p
But yeah, I meant MvC2.

So you must be joking then, am I right?

Because I've heard things about that game...

and it doesn't seem to fit the criteria of balance in a lot of people's mind. It might be as unbalanced as Barlw. You know, unless you're playing Magneto or whatever.

You were just trying to get the hopes up of Brawl scrubs like me to attend more tourneys so you can take home more money.

Crafty Desu. Very crafty.

Daysoo

Smash Ace

So you must be joking then, am I right?

Because I've heard things about that game...

and it doesn't seem to fit the criteria of balance in a lot of people's mind. It might be as unbalanced as Barlw. You know, unless you're playing Magneto or whatever.

You were just trying to get the hopes up of Brawl scrubs like me to attend more tourneys so you can take home more money.

Crafty Desu. Very crafty.
MvC2 is famous for being incredibly broken.

But Metaknight has an infinite where he has no hitbox, is invisible, and can teleport around the stage at will. He can also end it laglessly, attack safely, and then repeat the infinite with little to no chance of being punished.

Brawl has become more broken than MvC2, until we ban MetaKnight, and give everyone else a chance. :|

Oh, and if Reflex makes it, I'm the LEAST of your worries. :p

SaiRyo

Smash Cadet

But Metaknight has an infinite where he has no hitbox, is invisible, and can teleport around the stage at will. He can also end it laglessly, attack safely, and then repeat the infinite with little to no chance of being punished.

Brawl has become more broken than MvC2, until we ban MetaKnight, and give everyone else a chance. :|

Oh, and if Reflex makes it, I'm the LEAST of your worries. :p
Isn't that being debated over whether or not it should be banned? I can predict it being banned on the grounds that it'll be used for ENDLESS stalling. The lag Metaknight receives after reappearing is fairly large and punishable. Besides, you'd have to be a crackwhore monkey to do it for hours on end, I don't think anybody's done it 100% perfectly yet.

And I'm looking forward to some guilty gear action at the tourney. I've had a copy of AC lying around for months. My skill is nothing to write home about since I have NEVER played another human player in this game, everyone know is a SCRUBLET who refuses to learn it, haha

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Isn't that being debated over whether or not it should be banned? I can predict it being banned on the grounds that it'll be used for ENDLESS stalling. The lag Metaknight receives after reappearing is fairly large and punishable. Besides, you'd have to be a crackwhore monkey to do it for hours on end, I don't think anybody's done it 100% perfectly yet.

And I'm looking forward to some guilty gear action at the tourney. I've had a copy of AC lying around for months. My skill is nothing to write home about since I have NEVER played another human player in this game, everyone know is a SCRUBLET who refuses to learn it, haha
No, you can land with no lag or just grab an edge and have no lag.

Overswarm has done it for a minute.

Elliot, there is no one in my car other than you two so far. Mike and Tim will be driving themselves, I assume. They also happen to be in the opposite direction of Atlanta <_<
Normally Eugene and Cornel would be in my car, but they don't play brawl.

I don't either, why am I going?

lol whatevs, excuse to hang out.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
you know how to fix that problem? Use it to get away, come out, tornado, and go right back to it. Because that's possible, and that technicaly isnt stalling.

Reminds me of the story somebody put int he melee forums last year or 2 years ago about some funny fox dittos.

guy #1 kills guy #2, guy #2 comes off respawn platform, guy #1 starts shooting ground lasers, guy #2 shines, guy #1 keeps on shooting, for the remainder of the match.

__

Anywho, melee waba? Maybe. I mean, im kinda tempted to keep my streak of never goin to waba, i dunno.

Dr F-U-N

Smash Cadet
How many melee setups does Waba have? (I mean should I bring mine Saturday since there isnt a tourney but I want to play anyway)

S0FT

Smash Ace
I think im going to this tournament because im not going to the savannah one. Does the melee look sufficient enough for an actual trny this time!

Why did brawl take away all the melee filler noobs nooooo!!!!!!!

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman

You lost to a Meta Knight at FAST didn't you >_>

EDIT: Can someone knowledgeable who's going on the 26th take a minute to sit down with a scrub and explain how to do some tricks in Melee?

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
What did you have in mind?
Some ledge techniques with Sheik, moonwalking with Captain Falcon and wavelanding. I'm trying to teach myself from just watching matches, but it's nearly impossible without actually know why your character is doing the things he's doing.

Hi_Im_Relaxing

Smash Apprentice
so u heading bak to melee EC? thats cool i guess.

um so how many people will be going to the brawl tourney tomorrow. just wanted to know.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I can EXPLAIN all three of those fairly easily, I'm not that great with moonwalking or the sheik ledge-stall in application though.

Wavelanding is no problem at all.

You might hit up Sleepy K for a better moonwalking expert.
That guy moonwalks like he's Mikey J!!!

Dr F-U-N

Smash Cadet
I moonwalk better than SleepyK And I can do it both ways :D

I can do all kinds of tech stuff but I just suck at fighting people -_-;

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
EC ur going back to melee eh... well my MK will take over.. almost had u on the 19th.. u <3 my counterpicks i know u do..

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I moonwalk better than SleepyK And I can do it both ways :D

I can do all kinds of tech stuff but I just suck at fighting people -_-;
MOON WALK OFF RIGHT NO---

RIGHT TODAY

I'LL MOONWALK OVER ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS WITH EVERY CHARACTER EXCEPT GAME AND WATCH

OH WAIT I CAN FAKE MOONWALK WITH GAME AND WATCH

lololol let's play friendlies and fix that problem.

<_< I can moonwalk both ways, but it's harder for me to do it to the left.

it's pretty good that you have a lot of tech, since you've overcome the biggest hurdle in smash bros. all that's left for you now is to learn how to hit people with your feet. bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
y rnt u gona b there yno.. ur pika is amazin gerr didnt get to vs u last time 1v1 :(

sairyo u can reg for singles during doubles :)

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I may or may not be entering singles, depending on the turnout.
I really just wanna play gear. :|

Also: Money johns. I'll have to win doubles to even consider it.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
It turns out I can't go to this as last minute slap in my face...

There's no one to blame for all this except for Desu in my humble opinion.

so u heading bak to melee EC? thats cool i guess.

um so how many people will be going to the brawl tourney tomorrow. just wanted to know.
EC ur going back to melee eh... well my MK will take over.. almost had u on the 19th.. u <3 my counterpicks i know u do..
Who the heck said I was gonna stop playing Brawl? I don't see the problem with playing both...there's a novel idea...

VietGeek

Smash Hero
how much is melee and brawl singles?
$5 door fee and $10 pot fee for each event.

I'm guessing you're going to do Melee only since today is Brawl...

It turns out I can't go to this as last minute slap in my face...

There's no one to blame for all this except for Desu in my humble opinion.
Desu johns. Nice.

Who the heck said I was gonna stop playing Brawl? I don't see the problem with playing both...there's a novel idea...
Ugh. I can only play Brawl now. One game or the other, as doing both is too much of a headache for me to bother with.

Too bad I didn't get into Melee until 2006, and only casually. To join Melee now would mean I'd be ***** for at least a whole year before I could even stand a chance. Lame. v_v

What system is GG: AC for? lol

I couldn't go to this one, but I'd like to hear the results.

EDIT: Anyone saw the FAST1 M2K vs. DaShizWiz set? It was sexy imho.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
Desu johns. Nice.
The most reliable johns there are.

Ugh. I can only play Brawl now. One game or the other, as doing both is too much of a headache for me to bother with.

Too bad I didn't get into Melee until 2006, and only casually. To join Melee now would mean I'd be ***** for at least a whole year before I could even stand a chance. Lame. v_v
Well, my history with Melee is kinda complicated (relationships... >_>), but as of right now, I'd get killed, same as you since I've barely touched the game after Brawl's release. Losing isn't all bad though as long as you have fun...I would know...

EDIT: Anyone saw the FAST1 M2K vs. DaShizWiz set? It was sexy imho.
Yes, I did. I had to change my pants at least three times during the duration of the videos.

SaiRyo

Smash Cadet
Nice tourney, cool store. Will definitely be hanging around next month. I think I did pretty decent for my first tourney.. The TV I played on could've been not as bright but yeah!

XIF - Reflecting a gordo was the highlight of my day, hahahaha
IMBD - BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB
Dynomite - Sorry I couldn't play friendlies afterwards, it was getting late.

Anyway, those are my johns shoutouts.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Hm. I may make a glorious return to the state of Georgia this coming up tournament. It's the day before I have to move into my dorm so.. we'll see how it turns out.

If I do come, you shall receive me with love and confetti.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
Hm. I may make a glorious return to the state of Georgia this coming up tournament. It's the day before I have to move into my dorm so.. we'll see how it turns out.

If I do come, you shall receive me with love and confetti.
I already have the confetti and balloons prepared and I'm trying to schedule a marching parade as we speak.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
u win waba.. 0-2 again

Ryo- awesome D3 try to do less grabs and some more rushin
Ryan- i dun like u >_< , GG corneria didnt go as i planed =/ i dont like fighn on the main part of it just the tail part
EC- yeah i pwnt u soo hard last time on norfair u didnt come.. tats right! but :( at not makin it

EC: "I already have the confetti and balloons prepared and I'm trying to schedule a marching parade as we speak."

smashville?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I'm not coming today. I'm going to consider coming for the 16/17th one.

GG:AC is for the PS2 and Nintendo Wii.
Ah. That makes sense, lol. See you there if school doesn't swamp me.

Hmm, Wii eh? My PS2 is fried so I guess this would do.

Nice tourney, cool store. Will definitely be hanging around next month. I think I did pretty decent for my first tourney.. The TV I played on could've been not as bright but yeah!
Friendlies next month? ^^ Although know that I suck at fighting Dedede. Assuming your D3 is like Desu's anyway.

lol @ TV johns. Desu johns and Play N Trade johns are leagues ahead of silly bright TV johns.

u win waba.. 0-2 again
Ryan- i dun like u >_< , GG corneria didnt go as i planed =/ i dont like fighn on the main part of it just the tail part

Dynomite, do you have a streak of 0-2 EVERYTIME? IN BRAWL?!

Did you use MK? You need to use MK.

Just the tail part huh? Barlw is all about camping mirite?

Funny how I didn't show up yet I could conjure up this post.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I didn't enter singles, here are the results I remember:

Teams
1st - Desu + FMTL
2nd - NINJA + Ness

Singles
1st - Yay
2nd - Franklin

PS: I took Elliot's money in Gear. That's right.
PPS: There's no such thing as GGXX:AC for Wii. It's a horrible lie. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom