• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Fun fact #1-"quitter" is the infinitive "to leave" in French.

also ice, peter and I were really drunk at gc lol, unless u mean before crews happened.

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
everyone look at the wa melee thread and come to my tourney, it's on the 26th (most likely).

Also i accept the money match from the master of master c. Just go either next gc or my tourney on BI

MasterC

Smash Ace
You'd have to actually be there to MM them =P
Yea sorry C, rules are rules.
man, you guys act like i don't see evan haha this dude showed up to one of my fests before i even knew they were gonna be fests so y'all can gtfo :p

everyone look at the wa melee thread and come to my tourney, it's on the 26th (most likely).

Also i accept the money match from the master of master c. Just go either next gc or my tourney on BI
hopefully i'll see you at both good sir xD i only called out peter cuz i never met dude and obviously he's got a reputation so if ne thing that would make him wanna go to GC more (cuz of the $5 incentive) since he's obviously not takin top 3 at GC and therefore losing $10 off top *****S

Eggz

Smash Hero
crews into consideration?

i believe id like to change my position to first *beats *****

idk if dan should be on
he aint comin back for hella long and hes only been once

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I dont care either way, but thinking about it, there should be some rule about attending x/number of tourneys in that period or something like that to be considered active. Typically if somebody were to show up, do well, and then not come for 4 months its hard to place people.

we dont need rules like that to make things mroe complicated and make us have to wait for more tourneys to update. well just go off of what we all think at the time, that would be easiest.

if not dan then suggest someone else

C!Z

Smash Lord
I disagree. Attendance should be 2nd on the list of things that count. We should just keep him on, and if he doesn't make next GC we'll just take him off.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Im fine with JumpFreak being on or off. I think we should just assume he is coming to the next GC and leave him on. This update period was only TP6 and GC so 50% aint bad at all. I was only thinking we should promote regular attendance. Its just not as tight to have people in and out of the scene, vs just being a regular attendee.

MasterC

Smash Ace
man you guys are TRIPPPPIN, straight up, the only ppl who come REGULARLY are top 3 and c!z

vish doesn't even show all the time but we know he deserves top 5 so keep him on... same goes for c!z i feel like, if dude missed ONE gc or even TWO he's still top 5 cuz who in WA is gonna beat him? honestly? it'd hafta be kline or dan and i've only seen dan at GC once since 08 (granted i've only been like 8 times in these past 3 years but whatev)

in ne case if you made attendance not count then you would hafta put stefan and andreas on cuz they would **** half the top 10 (no offense kline)... bottom line, attendance should count but placing should count more

i think the ideal thing would be to have 3 or 4 LARGE tournies in one year and go off those cuz the GC ones are hella weak when only 20 ppl show and ppl who WOULD be in top 10 don't make those (emo$, stefan, syler, etc...)

also the large ones shouldn't be EXCLUSIVELY in lynwood cuz that's hella gay for the south ppl, have a large one in tacoma (****in middle of western wa) where everyone could get to within less than 2 hours driving

C!Z

Smash Lord
I also disagree with this ^

While I feel big tourneys should count MORE towards rankings, the little ones should be equally as important. People can improve a lot in a month or two, especially if they're working hard for it. So to make people feel like they have to do well at certain tourneys can drop motivation and induce johns. Every tourney should be 100%. Attendance needs to count or people just won't show up. So to put people on who aren't supporting the community is just stupid imo, I don't care how good they are.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
If you find a venue thats reasonably priced from 10am-8/9pm that holds at least 30 ppl pretty much anywhere in WWA and host a tourney.... guaranteed We would come. Everybody made it to Sylers tourneys..the UW one. So its not an issue.

Stefan was on PR for a little while, but got taken off for not coming to tourneys. You have to be at a tourney to at least be considered so bringing up andreas/stefan/emo$ for this update period is irrelevant.

In order to have large tourneys we need well, large attendance..or something rather. idk what ur talking bout C, u my ***** but you personally almost made 3 ppl not including yourself and Batman miss GC. We just need solid monthlies. PPl who want to play, should come. I can understand South not wanting to come for all these different reasons, but 1.5 hours isnt too bad imo, Ive driven much further for almost no reason to go to a tourney.

Not to mention, I stopped going to smashfests down south because if you dont come to tourneys up north Im not willing to smash down south. Yea I know I live in the middle, but its honestly 20 minutes each way sea to tac. An extra 20 minutes aint that bad.

MasterC

Smash Ace
arguing with top 5 is irrelevant cuz y'all set all the rules so whatever you say goes and the lil fish have no input, point taken

MasterC

Smash Ace
i'm not even trippin bro cuz i'm hella close to GC and i like to play regardless, i just didn't make it last time cuz it was my lil bro's bday and i stayed up all night playin 360 with him and some youngins instead of practicin melee and overslept through my wake up calls

all i'm sayin is by having the tournies EXCLUSIVELY in lynwood you negate/neglect some ppl who would come out if it was closer that would **** the top 6-10, so our top 10 is skewed/biased/whatever the *** you wanna call it - i ain't trippin tho cuz i can roll to GC whenever i damn well plz...

some ppl can't... is that their fault? mayb so, mayb they should get cars/jobs/money/time etc... instead of relying on others for rides but that, by no means, means that our top 10 should be stagnant w/ the ppl that are on there now (no offense kline i really think you should be on there) and larger tournies that get more hype than GC would PROBABLY (i'm speculating here) turn out more ppl, especially those from south/eastern WA

you want more competition c!z? i think larger, more hype, more centralized tournies are our answer (just my opinion/speculation) but idk, how was it bak in the good ol' days when WA was hella hype? lookin at you (otto, shane, syler, *****s w/ history in WA)

EDIT: my b vish, i was referring to when you went to india n sh*t :p i remember *****s asking bout you daily haha

Wa was hype a long long time ago. Most hype I had experienced was when we had up to 35 man tournamrnts at gc back when most of skypal was active and combo status was creepin on a come up. Prob around 06. Our only flourishing tourneys were gc, which had canada every other time. We also had more oregon rep back then, aka actually had some. Other than gc we had random tourneys held by game stores, nate, and a few others. Those rangoed from 12-30 people. Those stayed fun for a long time, seeing as how we went to oregon and canada all the time. Back then the ties were strong and so was our spirit. We had a lot more competition at gc too. Sastopher, yagi, varietybarrage, link. Juce, aftermath, eric, adam, cowear, patooty, hitsugaya, me, shane. Nate, ammon, teddy, zeru, gimpy, dan, etc etc. **** was dope. All that slowly slipped away and now its been like this for over a year.

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
Yeah I was there for like the end of that era.
Those GCs were really fun.

I remember my first friendly was with Variety Barrage and he chain threw me on FD.
I was sooo impressed LOL cause I had only seen it on youtube. We had a solid 15 man PR too with PR pools every so often. That **** was tight. I was 13th too. ^_^

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
damn... no love for dieslow

LOL jk.

but yeah idk. that's why we gotta hook it up with canada again. and find more ways to attract casuals...

PandaMageMaltDrinka

Smash Apprentice
syler wasn't around for the era that SW / eggz were apart of, i don't think any of us were, we just maybe heard of these dudes or watched them on youtube, i know syler back in 06 07 told me about ka master, but i didn't care lol i thought i could beat him rofl

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
well, whatever. i already told ammon and otto... even if everybody else in the world quits and moves on to brawl or whatever, i'm still gonna play melee with whoever is down lol

****, i still play beatmania and there are like less than 10 "good" players of that game in america now. read in the news today that activision cancelled the guitar hero franchise - and i still play music games. idk, i don't need "hype" to appreciate a game i love

SUP

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
charles said:
all i'm sayin is by having the tournies EXCLUSIVELY in lynwood you negate/neglect some ppl who would come out if it was closer that would **** the top 6-10, so our top 10 is skewed/biased
GC is far enough of of my way that its a hassle to go. Dont forget that Im comin from the fed, which according to Vish is hella far lmao. Otto, is about 12-15 minutes closer, Vish, u, north **** are a "****load" closer(about the distance syler n co are to me) to GC than I am.

We go to GC because its the ONLY VENUE we have that we can afford. 5 bucks Id rather not pay but hey, we can stay there till where done hang out and support chris at the same time. We tried looking into UW and they wanted something dumb like 40 and hour and if non students came they wanted double.

No point in talking about it, Find a venue south that we can afford and I PROMISE you we will make it happen. we just need a venue thats coo, not some gay ****. Most likely u will find that it costs more to go to some other place than to GC, unless we get a deal so start looking.

If u arent looking for a venue...then thats an illicit expression that you are fine with the way things currently are. Nobody is looking, everybody is coo wit it. Thats how **** gets done!

I been to the last 5 GCs TP portland and going to pound. Can I be a regular 2 my *****?

Otto-**** sounded hella epic. I wish I had played smash back then, Id be hella good right now. We got this tho, just takes a lil work and we gone be ridin the gravy train homie!

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
UW is not that expensive if you look in the Hub basement. They had $16/day.

...Except the HUB is now closed LOL.

ill see if we can use nates bowling alley as a venue. weve done it before, it should be no big deal for nate. it would also be free and in a more convenient location.

MasterC

Smash Ace
yea, like i said i'm not trippin... sh*ts kool

it's just when i go to tacoma for the weekend i don't feel like comin up hella early so sometimes i don't make it, mainly when i go to tacoma tho

iceman and kaostar can be regulars lol my bad guys

pandacheck

Smash Ace
only place i can think of down south would either be PLU = VOX aka cooper would have to be down with it / B - a regional library where u reserve the MEETING room for the day or at least 12 - 7pm so you guys would have to actually get here on TIME so we can actually get the tourney in, done an over with + have time to do krews or whatever, MM's / C - sylers PLACE either that or / D - *** u kline lol just joshin *****, but yea those would be the only options as far as i can think

idk. we just have to plan like a month ahead and pick a good date. well have one in april or somethin

o yea i gotta update this lol. ill do it in a bit >_>;

k updated

Top Bottom